Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought: I always thought Porcaro was turned off by the Estate after they refused to agree to have Chicago 1945 on Xscape without being remixed and then the Estate putting a song on Xscape called "Chicago" was an FU to Porcaro and now maybe Porcaro is saying FU to the Estate and these songs are now going to leak.
Timbaland named the song Chicago. Fans leaking the songs are not an "FU", except to Porcaro himself.

Who knows if there are more songs that we have never heard of? Before yesterday, no one had heard of Dream Away. Fans recording the songs at seminars and leaking them online will prevent the likes of Porcaro from doing more seminars in the future.

I hate that it’s leaked unofficially as it has some real potential.

Any experts who can guess the year? Kinda sounds like 1986-7 but I’m not sure
its from 1984, was supposed to be on The Jacksons’ Victory Album, but failed to make the cut, also considered for Bad and supposedly HIStory but also failed

No, this isn't Porcaro leaking the song. Just a bunch of shameless fans stealing his song and leaking it online.

The song is wonderful, and I'm glad I've had the opportunity to listen to it, but I would've happily waited another 30 years if it meant a proper release. From the stories we've heard about this song over the years, it seems the only reason it wasn't yet released is because Porcaro wants it to be treated with respect it deserves and released in the manner Michael would approve of. I'm sure a bootleg recording slapped onto YouTube is certainly not what he had in mind. Great song, deserved so much better.

The song is wonderful, and I'm glad I've had the opportunity to listen to it, but I would've happily waited another 30 years if it meant a proper release. From the stories we've heard about this song over the years, it seems the only reason it wasn't yet released is because Porcaro wants it to be treated with respect it deserves and released in the manner Michael would approve of. I'm sure a bootleg recording slapped onto YouTube is certainly not what he had in mind. Great song, deserved so much better.
Selling it as a product arguably isn't better either. MJ deserved the final say for what happened to it and where it went, sadly he passed. Everything since then has been just making more out of what's left.

Unfortunately Porcaro has dangled something precious and valuable in the face of more leeches on MJs life and legacy. And again we fans are just wanting to remember and enjoy MJ as we can.

Right, and that was never happening with the Estate. They've had Michael, BAD 25, Xscape, and Thriller 40 to release these songs.

Why was ‘Beat It Fergie 2008 mix’ released and not this…

Lmao kinda glad we heard the original and not some Fergie/Pitbull disaster

These songs are interesting.
Dream Away sounds like a mix of for all time and human nature but honestly better. What era is this one from? It sounds like it was autotuned or something to the point i almost thought it was fake for a second lol. As for Chicago 1945... Kinda like a mix of Price Of Fame, Al Capone, and Streetwalker. I hear similarities to all 3 of those songs. Catchy but kinda weird imo. I see why it wasn't released during mj's lifetime but i also see why the estate would want to release it.

Reactions: MJ5
Porcaro has nothing to do with the leak, this isn't official audio - he plays it at seminars and someone recorded it. If anything Porcaro will be very upset it's leaked. He's been so protective over the track and has discussed release with the Estate on various occasions.

Expect a few more leaks from Thriller 40 on Monday. Most Xscape tracks leaked a few days before

I get the impression that people are defining “ballad” differently. I’ve seen “Human Nature” called a ballad before, whereas I’d consider it mid-tempo.
Dream away has also leaked, it's a ballad similar to human nature or for all time, they are leaking without consent, the people that are excited about these leaks are the same people complaining about leaked songs being released

Last edited:
Just heard the two leaks on YouTube.

I'm loving Chicago. It's as good as I hoped it would be. Hopefully this leak doesn't derail an eventual release. Would love to hear this in CD quality.

As far as Dream Away, meh not as good. Quality of this leaked file not as good and I'm not feeling the vibe. This maybe one of those songs that needs multiple listens to get a good idea if I like it or not. It may take a few tries. Michael has a few of those types in his catalog.

Just heard the two leaks on YouTube.

I'm loving Chicago. It's as good as I hoped it would be. Hopefully this leak doesn't derail an eventual release. Would love to hear this in CD quality.

As far as Dream Away, meh not as good. Quality of this leaked file not as good and I'm not feeling the vibe. This maybe one of those songs that needs multiple listens to get a good idea if I like it or not. It may take a few tries. Michael has a few of those types in his catalog.
Chicago 1945 would've been a good song to include on Victory.

Dream Away has a pretty melody but kind of drags on a bit. Not nearly as strong as Human Nature.

well, holy sh*t.

this estate is just too clueless, that they want those songs remixed and can't give us a proper release. wtf. shame on them.

I'm thankful for the leak, since this estate is too busy with reissues and stupid Twitter posts.

“Chicago 1945” is fantastic. I can’t quite explain it, but it feels and sounds like something I’d see or hear in an Adidas commercial, in a good way. Far more cheery than I expected it to be.

“Dream Away” is stunning. It’s probably the most Toto-sounding song of the MJ-Porcaro collabs. It’s quite Disney-esque. I can see why people were emphasizing the vocal melody; it’s very, very different than a standard MJ track. I can’t believe it took 40 years for us to find out about this one.

Please, estate — get these out there officially.

Although C45 has no connections to Al Capone or Smooth Criminal
C45 connects super well with the 2 of them, even has Al Capone in its Iyrics
Chicago 1945 is about 3 girls that disappeared one night, never to be found again
Al Capone is about a girl who tries to spy on Al Capone who gets captured
Smooth Criminal is about if a girl is okay

well, holy sh*t.

this estate is just too clueless, that they want those songs remixed and can't give us a proper release. wtf. shame on them.

I'm thankful for the leak, since this estate is too busy with reissues and stupid Twitter posts.
The irony is that now that these songs have leaked, Porcaro will probably concede to having them realized, contemporized and all.

As long as it stays classy. I'm game

Took a shot at transcribing the lyrics. Still not perfect, but hey, I tried!

“Dream Away”
We could sail away our dreams to a Never Neverland
We could kiss the world and wish upon a distant star
I could see the future [unintelligible] distant promises
And the answer’s lie deep inside your lovely eyes
I could look inside your mind and tell that you’re far away
Don’t say a word, just let me whisper inside your ear
I could see that you are trying hard to be my friend
All the words you wanna say is all I want to hear

And I can’t give you promises
And we can wish upon a star
But I can’t make these promises
But I’ll give you all the love that I can give
And things and dreams and what is real
Like sharing truths and tales of youth and love

Did you ever stop to think just why I look inside your eyes?
‘Cause this love we have is just a dream away
I could tell you’re crying ‘cause you really love me, girl
And the answers lie deep in the words I had to say
I could see the future [unintelligible] different promises
And the [unintelligible] is just a life away
I could look inside your mind and tell that you love me, girl
And the world you want to hear is all I want to say

And I can’t give you promises
But I can’t make these promises
And sharing truths and tales of youth and love
And love

[scatting]

No, I can’t give you everything
And I can’t make these promises
And sharing truth and tales of youth
And all the love that I can give
And sharing truth and tales of youth and

Did you ever stop to think how much I really love you?
Ah da da da da da da, the worlds are thinking of you
Bah bah bah bah bah bah bah

“Chicago 1945”
Chicago!
Chicago!
Chicago!
Chicago...

It was Chicago 1945
Cubs lost that year, but Al Capone was found alive
They searched for the days in the suburbs of the night
But they needed him... alive
Alive
Young Joe DiMaggio hit his first home run
People gather ‘round, asking in The Sun
Three girls disappeared on a cold, windy night
Never to be found again
Never to be found again

So who solved the mystery, late Chicago night?
You can’t hide the truth so won’t you turn on the light?
Who solved the mystery, late Chicago night?
Never to be found again
Never to be found again
Never to be found again
Never to be found again
Found again
Found again

It was so windy, go ahead, feel the air
People gather ‘round to see The World’s Fair
It was happy, but sad in the truth
So much was going on
They didn’t look, those girls were missing, missing
[unintelligible], but nobody cared
‘Cause on the cover of The Chicago Tribune featured The World’s Fair
[unintelligible], but Lord, it’s the truth
Never to be found again
Never to be found again

So who solved the mystery, late Chicago night?
Never to be found again
Never to be found again
Found again
Never to be found again (Found again)
(Hoo hoo) Found again
Never to be found again
Found again (They didn’t find anything)
(Hee hee) Found again (Chicago)
(Hee hee) (I love you) Found again (Hoo hoo)
(They didn’t find anything) Found again (Chicago)
Found again

Chicago!
Chicago! (Found again)
Chicago!
Chicago!

It was Chicago 1945
Cubs lost that year, but Al Capone was found alive
They searched for the days in the suburbs of the night
So much was going on
They didn’t look, the girls were missing, missing
Came to be said that nobody cared
‘Cause on the cover of The Chicago Tribune featured The World’s Fair
They didn’t bother to notice the scene
Never to be found again (Hoo hoo)
Never to be found again (Hee hee, tell me)

So who solved the mystery, late Chicago night? (Tell me)
Tell me, you can’t hide the truth
(Tell me) Who solved the mystery, late Chicago night?
You can’t hide the truth, we’ll make you turn on the light
(Hoo, hee) Turn on the light?
Who solved the mystery, late Chicago night? (Chicago)
(They didn’t find anything) Turn on the light
You can’t hide the truth, we’ll make you turn on the light
(They didn’t find anything, didn’t burn anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back