What's better? Yokohama 1987 or Bucharest 1992?

What's better? Yokohama or Bucharest?

• Yokohama, 1987

Votes: 158 46.2%
  • Bucharest, 1992

Votes: 184 53.8%

• Total voters
Bucharest 1992, for sure! Great setlist and a lot of energy.

The obsession of live vocals is strange to me.

I mean, yes they are important, but they don't make the show for me. Especially when it comes to Michael Jackson.

1992 gets my vote.

Bucharest. Hands down. Michael's most perfect, energetic performance ever.

Bucharest all the way. I became fan after watching Billie Jean in Bucharest DVD version. I agree about Yokohama live singing, but Bucharest overall WAY better show and dancing. Pure power and magic of Michael Jackson. I think History tour would be at bottom of my list of favourite tours. Almost all show playback. Some shows Michael was sick and tired. Lack of energy compared to Dangerous tour.

Look at it this way. Bucherest has Smooth Criminal. Yokohama does not

Bucharest wins lol

To be honest i never really considered the 1987 leg of the Bad tour to be true Bad tour concerts. I look at it as more of a warm up to the true Bad tour shows in 88/89

Yokohama. Michael's singing was better and he had more energy. I want to see Bad Tour 88 concert too because they are even better.

Personally Bucharest in 1992, but only because I'm terribly biased in favour of the Dangerous era (first one I remember properly) and watched that more times than Yokohama 87. Bucharest has a certain familiarity from the Dangerous songs - the concert has a totally different feel than the Bad Tour because of those tracks, which I love.

Yokohama all the way! The performance is electrifying, the audio is great(!) and the setlist is amazing once you learn to appreciate the older stuff. I think it's safe to say that a Bad Tour '88 show would've won this poll if such a concert was available to us, but - unfortunately - that's not the case.

Bucharest '92 is a fantastic show, but I really hate the audio mix on that concert. Whoever edited the audio for the DVD should go kill themselves. I know it's a bit harsh, but come on! A Michael Jackson concert release deserves more than this low-res, noisy sound mix.

Bucharest '92 is a fantastic show, but I really hate the audio mix on that concert. Whoever edited the audio for the DVD should go kill themselves. I know it's a bit harsh, but come on! A Michael Jackson concert release deserves more than this low-res, noisy sound mix.

We have BBC verson as well :)

We have BBC verson as well :)

The BBC version doesn't suffer from the same over-editing as the DVD version, but the audio is still terrible in my opinion. Up until WDAN, the instrumentation drowns in a mix of crowd noise and Michael's distant-sounding voice. It's as far from clean as it gets, at least for a pro recording.

Last edited:
The BBC version doesn't suffer from the same over-editing as the DVD version, but the audio is still terrible in my opinion. Up until WDAN, the instrumentation drowns in a mix of crowd noise and in Michael's distant voice. It's as far from clean as it gets, at least for a pro recording.

IMWhizzle remastered BBC audio till BOW. It's on 2000watts ;)

I prefer Bucharest 92 but that's because it was my first concert experience watching it on HBO as a kid :)

Bucharest! The performance was so powerful and we can watch it in great quality :)

Bucharest, baby! I also remember being spellbound in front of the television watching him. :wub:

That's a really tough one. The dancing's best in 1991, the singing in 1987. It sort of evens each other out.

i prefer Yokohoma, Michaels ''Bad'' Tour was the best! :clapping:

I watched Yokohama again yesterday and it was amazing! I think it is better than Bucharest because all singing is live.

It's like asking, what tastes better coca cola or pepsi.
Dangerous = coke

It's very tough to decide, one is a low key is like watching Michael live and the other is watching a Michael event.

Bucharest is Mike the entertainer
Yokohama is Mike the performer

I love that we both versions of Michael's live career to enjoy

Back