What's so cheesy about music from the 80's?

I was born in '79 so I'm totally an 80's kid. I love the music and I'll always have the carefree memories of the 80's.
Call it cheesy or whatever but there was some really good tunes. Classics.

All bow to the King and Queen of POP
Michael Jackson and Madonna. :punk::bow::bow:

This is the way i've always seen it

80's music = Fun. feel good songs
00's music = Cheesy songs

Not all the people is open minded to older times than theirs.
ESPECIALLY IF THOSE PEOPLE ARE YOUNG PEOPLE.

I am one of those who actually can enjoy older times, sometimes I miss the 30s and 40s... and I was born in 1974... And I LOVE to watch old movie just to see older times.

But I lived the 70s, I am appealing with the 70s coz I grew up a bit in the 70s but... I am not such huge fan of the 70s

When I see 70s stuff I say "THANK GOD THE 80S CAME"

the 80's was the best decade in my opinion, I wish there was an all 80's tv station. Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

the 80's was the best decade in my opinion, I wish there was an all 80's tv station. Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

Would be nice!

Can you imagine a 80's world where you can step into? Would be awesome, just a HUGE place where they live in the 80's. Cars, fashion, MUSIC.
Ohh I'm dreaming...again :p

awww I love the 80's. I was born in 85'. :D Lots of fun and happy songs! ;)
The 80's were GREAT! :punk: I surely miss those days. :wub:

There's an 80's radio station on UK TV

For those of you who want to check it out it's on channel 0200

The 80's saw me go from 13yrs old in 1980 to my early 20's ( 23yrs) in 1989! :bugeyed
So the likes of our angel MJ, Paul Weller in the Jam, etc etc very much part of my listening era! :timer: cant believe I'm even typing this! :doh:

I'm a college sophomore and I LOVE 80s music! You have NO idea how much I wish I lived in the 80's! :punk:

it's like any music outside of Michael's. he said(and it sounds like) he made it a point to not listen to outside influences when it came to writing. but everybody else likes to do what they hear the next guy do, and it's very apparent, otherwise, in the 80's like any other decade. all the 80's music outside of MJ's sounds like somebody is hitting an empty soda bottle with a metal fork, during the second and fourth beats.

it's like any music outside of Michael's. he said(and it sounds like) he made it a point to not listen to outside influences when it came to writing. but everybody else likes to do what they hear the next guy do, and it's very apparent, otherwise, in the 80's like any other decade. all the 80's music outside of MJ's sounds like somebody is hitting an empty soda bottle with a metal fork, during the second and fourth beats.
I don't think that Kathleen Battle's or Randy Travis' music sounds like somebody is hitting a bottle. I don't know what you were listening to. Quincy Jones used the same musicians, songwriters, and engineers on most of his productions, so Q's other 1980's stuff is going to have basically the same sound as Mike's. If Mike didn't want any outside sounds, why did he want to work with Kraftwerk, Run-DMC, and Prince? He also wouldn't have any use for outside producers, because they're going to influence the sound. The Teddy Riley tracks on Dangerous sound different than the songs he produced himself.

I love the 80's! that music is so positive and carefree, gives me so much energy. and it it's timeless in a way.. it will always come back. it is excellent for dancing!
there is a club here in my city, it has 80's nights once a month and I never miss it ;)

what else to say, let's :dance:

Back