When do you think Michael and Lisa last spoke?

When do you think they last spoke to each other?

• Total voters
I really don't know that something she has to answer but i know she is remarried to a guy name michael and they had a son together so im sure she at least kept intouch with MJ??

Oh, and Karen posted on her FB today that she and Lisa have been talking since the funeral and are helping each other heal after Michael's death. She said Lisa was in the UK working on her next CD and that MJ loved her very much and always did. So obviously, they have been able to put the past behind them. That's good for them. I'm sure MJ would be happy.

Nice to see they managed to put aside their differences.

Does anyone know the time line when Michael first met Lisa? He said he was talking to her before the allegation or when it was going on.. while he was on tour. She was trying to call him when he was in a rehap in UK? Lisa also mention in the interview that she was aware of his trip to Mexico and planned to see him there too. When was that? Then they said they dated for 4 months, does it mean they actually talking or seeing each other long before that?

Karen really did said that? I Couldn't find it on her facebook too, really want to see it. "always did" does it mean he still does when he died? : (

Reading "Did The King destroy Lisa Marie's marriage?" again, if what they quote Lisa was true, she was definitely couldn't moved on.. you wouldn't want to defend someone if she really hate him at that time. There actually something happen between 2002-2003 that really made her mad. Did you guys see the new video of MJ saying that he was on prescription drugs in 2003 - may be the time that the rumor has it that he supposed to meet with Lisa but he forgot. If that was true, he actually forgot, he even signed something he didn't ware of. I don't think Lisa was mad because he forgot, but she was mad about his drugs problem. I really think that he really overuse his body, and that fall in German was it?? It looks really bad. He's not a drug addict, but his pain way too bad to stand.

By the way, anyone seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvHGO126Oy0&feature=related very sad

Last edited:
I believe Lisa and Michael met (or rather re-connected ;)) in February 1993. I remember it was really early in the year. They had met at Brett Livingstone's home, who is an artist and friend of both. They started to talk at the house, exchanged numbers and started to talk to each other every day after that.

I think they fell in love with each other through a long distance relationship because he was on tour. They were just friends at first, talking on the phone. Lisa found out that he's not what the public perceives him to be and he is actually 'normal' and Michael probably found a kindred spirit in Lisa. I am not exactly sure if Michael was always romantically interested in her from the start (even though he was blatantly flirting with her), but with Lisa it changed from friendship to romantic interest.

Yes, she knew him before the allegations hit and she was a huge support for Michael during that time and when he had to go to rehab. Michael always wanted to talk to her because she could always make him laugh and put a smile on his face, even when he was feeling lonely and depressed.

Lisa was with him during the Jackson Family Honors, which I think was Feb 94, but it was not publicly known.

Thank you so much for this CTU. It is a brilliant fanvid. The song and the clips were perfect with each other and you can really see how happy they were when they were together. Lisa was smiling a lot. I noticed her eyes were smiling too. Post-MJ, I never quite saw her smile reach her eyes so much, unless she was photographed with her children.

I wonder how her husband feels ,you can tell she still sprung on michael . Her Husband name is michael LOL

I honestly have a feeling that Michael Lockwood knew that Lisa had a deep and tumultuous relationship with Michael that last beyond their divorce. Lockwood is her musical director and has worked on both her cds. Many of Lisa's songs from her first album (I think) are about Michael.

Plus, if he didn't know before how deep her feelings were for Michael. . . well, then I think he has a clue now.

But what really kills me is that his name is Michael, also! I mean, I think that's strange because for her it's still 'Michael and Lisa', but it's a different Michael this time.

^^^^ I totally agree! I mean, i'm wondering if when she met him and he told her his name did she think of MJ? If she was caught offguard and heard the name Michael did she also think of MJ? And now, where she is so depress just hearing his name can probably make her cry. Like i know that when Michael died I was caught off guard and my dad started playing "you are not alone" on his computer and i just bursted out into tears. Or when i was listening to the radio and they would play "man in the mirror" etc i would tear up. Imagine Lisa who did know him personally. It must be sad, and when your current husband has the same name AS michael, well, it must be tough. Like she can probably be NOT thinking about mj and then when someone calls her husband and boom, she is reminded again.

Thank you guys for the information. So they started talking again in early 1993, the allegation was also in 1993, do you know which month? Actually, I think they've been dating for more than 4 months like she claimed. I think she didn't want to say that she dated MJ before she separate from her then husband. they relationship last quite long.. the shortest would be 1993 - 1999, wow that's 7 years.

I really wish what Karen said in her facebook is true, I tried to find it but I couldn't. I wish to know that she said he still loves her lately, or he loved her back then.

Anyone believe what his bodyguard said, that he had someone who he shared his up and down with? Do you think that's true? Is it possible that that someone was Lisa.. may be not. She wouldn't write that blog if they did talk lately?

Anyway, I think that youtube video is pretty much what happen between them. They were too stubborn and a little selfish... never knew that it would hurt both of them this bad.

I remember Lisa said on Oprah that she met Michael BEFORE the interview he did with Oprah (Feb 1993). I think it was around the Dangerous tour that they met, I remember reading an article that said that. They talked and became friends and then it later turned into a romance.

Also, they dated after the divorce and I'm guessing they completely stopped talking around the time Invincible came out??

OH, I never heard that before about what she said on Oprah. Will try to find that out. Micheal also said on Oprah that he dated Brooke and the other girl... that's Lisa? Really glad to hear if it's true. I couldn't find the transcript or video of Lisa on Oprah on her site (which problably have all her interview transcript) and not on youtube. Do you mind sharing me where did you find that. I really want to know that the other girl might be Lisa, instead of some people believe it was "s".

Also agreed that they stop talking regularly around 1999-2001, and then once in a while.. as we knew that he called her after she divorce Nic in 2002.

Anyway, one thing that came to my mind why MJ and LMP didn't work out, because he stole her from her husband. It's buddism believe that something that isn't belong to you.. They will be together in their next life, like she said to him according to Randy's book. Actually, I don't see that anything wrong with that, she fell for him so she left for her husband.

Last edited:
OH, I never heard that before about what she said on Oprah. Will try to find that out. Micheal also said on Oprah that he dated Brooke and the other girl... that's Lisa? Really glad to hear if it's true. I couldn't find the transcript or video of Lisa on Oprah on her site (which problably have all her interview transcript) and not on youtube. Do you mind sharing me where did you find that. I really want to know that the other girl might be Lisa, instead of some people believe it was "s".

Oprah: Do you go out, do you date?
Michael: Yes.
Oprah: Who do you date?
Michael: Well, right now it’s Brooke Shields. Well, we try not to be everywhere, go everywhere, it’s mostly at home, she’ll come over, I’ll go to her house, because I don’t like going out in public.
Oprah: Have you ever been in love?
Michael: Yeah.
Oprah: With Brooke Shields?
Michael: Yes, and another girl.

I think that's the "other girl" part you are speaking of.

I have to post the lyrics to the song used in this fanvid. I think the lyrics really fit how Lisa may have felt before or could still be feeling.

The video is sooooo good! LOL!

"It's All Coming Back To Me Now"
Celine Dion

There were nights when the wind was so cold
That my body froze in bed
If I just listened to it
Right outside the window

There were days when the sun was so cruel
That all the tears turned to dust
And I just knew my eyes were
Drying up forever

I finished crying in the instant that you left
And I can't remember where or when or how
And I banished every memory you and I had ever made

But when you touch me like this
And you hold me like that
I just have to admit
That it's all coming back to me
When I touch you like this
And I hold you like that
It's so hard to believe but
It's all coming back to me
(It's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now)

There were moments of gold
And there were flashes of light
There were things I'd never do again
But then they'd always seemed right
There were nights of endless pleasure
It was more than any laws allow
Baby Baby

If I kiss you like this
And if you whisper like that
It was lost long ago
But it's all coming back to me
If you want me like this
And if you need me like that
It was dead long ago
It's so hard to resist
And it's all coming back to me
I can barely recall
But it's all coming back to me now
But it's all coming back

There were those empty threats and hollow lies
And whenever you tried to hurt me
I just hurt you even worse
And so much deeper

There were hours that just went on for days
When alone at last we'd count up all the chances
That were lost to us forever

But you were history with the slamming of the door
And I made myself so strong again somehow
And I never wasted any of my time on you since then

But if I touch you like this
And if you kiss me like that
It was so long ago
If you touch me like this
And if I kiss you like that
It was gone with the wind
(It's all coming back, it's all coming back to me now)

There were moments of gold
And there were flashes of light
There were things we'd never do again
But then they'd always seemed right
There were nights of endless pleasure
It was more than all your laws allow
Baby, Baby, Baby

When you touch me like this
And when you hold me like that
It was gone with the wind
When you see me like this
And when I see you like that
Then we see what we want to see
All coming back to me
The flesh and the fantasies
All coming back to me
I can barely recall
But it's all coming back to me now

If you forgive me all this
If I forgive you all that
We forgive and forget
And it's all coming back to me
When you see me like this
And when I see you like that
We see just what we want to see
All coming back to me
The flesh and the fantasies
All coming back to me
I can barely recall but it's all coming back to me now

(It's all coming back to me now)
And when you kiss me like this
And when I touch you like that
If you do it like this
And if we, , ,

Also, when I was at the gym while listening to 'Give in to Me', it just sounds like a song that could be about Lisa, even though I know it preceded her time in Michael's life. LOL! But I could imagine him having the same feelings towards her as what he sings in this song.

"Give In To Me"

She Always Takes It With A Heart Of Stone
'Cause All She Does Is Throw It Back To Me
I've Spent A Lifetime
Looking For Someone
Don't Try To Understand Me
Just Simply Do The
Things I Say

Love Is A Feeling
Give It When I Want It
'Cause I'm On Fire
Quench My Desire
Give It When I Want It
Talk To Me Woman
Give In To Me
Give In To Me

You Always Knew Just How To Make Me Cry
And Never Did I Ask You Questions Why
It Seems You Get Your Kicks From Hurting Me
Don't Try To Understand Me
Because Your Words Just Aren't Enough

Love Is A Feeling
Quench My Desire
Give It When I Want It
Takin' Me Higher
Love Is A Woman
I Don't Wanna Hear It
Give In To Me
Give In To Me

You And Your Friends
Were Laughing At Me In Town
But It's Okay
And It's Okay
You Wont Be Laughing Girl
When I'm Not Around
I'll Be Okay
And I'll, I'll Not Find
Gotta, The Peace Of Mind No

Don't Try To Tell Me
Because Your Words
Just Aren't Enough

Love Is A Feeling
Quench My Desire
Give It When I Want It
Takin' Me Higher
Talk To Me Woman
Love Is A Feeling
Give In To Me
Give In To Me
Give In To Me

Love Is A Feeling
I Don't Wanna Hear It
Quench My Desire
Takin' Me Higher
Tell It To The Preacher
Satisfy The Feeling
Give In To Me
Give In To Me

I Don't Wanna
I Don't Wanna
I Don't Wanna
Hear It
Give It To The Fire
Talk To Me Woman
Quench My Desire
I Don't Like A Lady
Talk To Me Baby
Give In To Me

Give In To The Fire
Give In To Me
Give In To Me
Give In To Me

Love Is A Woman
Give In To Me
Give In To Me
Give In To Me
Give In To Me

'Cause I'm On Fire
Talk To Me Woman
Quench My Desire
Give It To The Feeling

Look at this. . . Dick Zimmerman painted this tribute to Michael after his death.

Do you see what I see?

homagekop85.jpg

"This oil painted montage was created from three individual Dick Zimmerman photographic sessions with Michael Jackson throughout the fifteen years of their working and social relationship. The three sessions, in sequence, are the Thriller album cover, Steven Spielberg's ET album narrated by Michael Jackson, and the exclusive wedding portraits of Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley."

He painted Lisa's eyes at the bottom right of the painting! Does anyone else find that interesting considering that this is a homage to Michael?

I think the other girl in this case, does it sound like a past tense to you? Or it sound like he's currently in love? English isn't my mother tongue, someone clear this out for me please.

I actually looking for the interview Lisa said that she met Michael before he did Oprah's interview, which imply that Lisa might be the other girl Michael referred to? As "mandy543" mentioned above.

I also create a new thread "When did Michael first met Lisa (not the first time when she was 7)", in case someone might be able to answer that.

As for Dick Zimmerman painting, I read your message and looked at the photo, it spooked me.. when I sew her eyes.. but again why would he put ET there too? That must be something he thought Michael really into? Any other people notice this? Why did he put Lisa's eyes there, when was the last time he took Michael's photo, is it in the past 5 years? Wowowowoo.

Hmmm about the other girl, well in the Glenda Conversations he said he was really into some girl named Melissa that travels with them, or use to for that matter. She was a cordinator or soemthing. He doesn't really come out with it, he talks about talking to some girl that he really liked etc at some restaurant and later mentions the name Melissa and talks about Melissa. But that was in early 1992. I believe he met Lisa in January February of 1993. and well, then the allegations happened and he feld the country etc. and supposedly they didn't officially get together until June/July. In one interview Lisa explains how she was seperated from her husband for 4 months before Michael asked her to marry him, and in another she says she was WITH michael for four months. Meaning the engagement probably happened around november? and they got married in May, meaning then (if what i'm saying is true) that they were together for 6months before they got married. This is an very interesting thread.

I think the other girl in this case, does it sound like a past tense to you? Or it sound like he's currently in love? English isn't my mother tongue, someone clear this out for me please.

I actually looking for the interview Lisa said that she met Michael before he did Oprah's interview, which imply that Lisa might be the other girl Michael referred to? As "mandy543" mentioned above.

'Have you even been in love?' is in my opinion is open to being in love in past and currently in love. MJ's answer is short. I'm suprised Oprah didn't push on who the other girl was. The other girl could be LMP if we could just pin down when exactly they met. I can't find the Oprah interview where she said she met him before he did his interview w/ Oprah.

The other girl could be Diana Ross, but I don't know if he'd refer to her as a girl and not a woman.

It seems like LMP says different things in different interviews about when their relationship started and ended.

^^^^lol she says different things because it never ended! haha =)

I found this....

Lisa Marie Presley and daughter Rile Keough on Oprah September 10, 2007

Although she says she normally does not get emotional, Lisa Marie says she gasped for air the first time she heard the rough mix of the song and thought, "I don't sing as well as he does," she says. "I can hide behind him as much as possible, but that made me very emotional." Of all the songs in Elvis Presley's repertoire, Lisa Marie says the meaningful lyrics of "In the Ghetto" made this song jump out at her the most.

"I ended up going to New Orleans because the director I wanted was in New Orleans, so I flew," Lisa Marie says. "As I was going from the airport to go shoot the video, I'm looking at all this, you know, abandoned desolate place that I was thinking was being repaired. I was under this wrong impression. So I was pretty shocked. Then I went, 'This all makes sense. For some reason I'm doing this. I don't know why. I'm following my instinct. And this is why. Here's the answer.'"

In her first ever television interview, Riley, Lisa Marie's daughter, says that Elvis was not made into "this huge thing" by her family, but rather was shown to her in photo albums like a normal grandfather. So despite being the granddaughter of a legend, Riley says it was not hard for her to define her individuality. At 18 years old, Riley is already in the midst of a successful modeling career. Ultimately, Riley says her career aspiration is to become a photographer. Instead of flaunting the family name, Lisa Marie is proud her daughter is earning money for herself. "I didn't want her to have that shadow where she felt competition and intimidated by anything," Lisa Marie says. "I wanted [my children] to be able to do what they wanted to do."

Lisa Marie: We'd already worked together for a year and we were on the road together so we already knew very well what we were getting into. By perfect, I don't mean literally. I just mean for me. Like the soul mate thing, the best friends, the whole—we do everything together and, no, I'm not wearing a ring. Oprah: Are you done with marriage? Lisa Marie: I would never say I'm done with it [marriage] I think I would get married if I wanted to have more children.

Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, has been famous since the day she was born. Lisa Marie was the apple of her father's eye. He showered his young daughter with elaborate gifts. Elvis even named his jet after her. When Lisa Marie was just 4 years old, her parents went their separate ways. The divorce left Lisa Marie splitting her time with Elvis in Memphis at Graceland and Priscilla in Los Angeles . Then on August 16, 1977 , the world heard the heartbreaking news: Elvis Presley was dead. At 9 years old, Lisa Marie's life was changed forever.

She struggled through her teens and admits experimenting with drugs. However, she eventually turned her life around, found love and married musician Danny Keough. They had two children, daughter, Riley, and son, Benjamin. Lisa Marie and Danny later divorced. For the most part, Lisa Marie was able to avoid the headlines until her high profile and short-lived marriages to Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage.

Now she's taking an opportunity to step into the spotlight, to define herself and her style, with a new CD titled Now What. Lisa Marie has tried to maintain a relatively low profile and says that her reputation for being tough is not entirely warranted. "You have to sort of get a protective skin outside, even if it's not real," she says. "I think that was a survival mechanism [for me]."

Lisa Marie says that she is conflicted about having grown up in the public eye. "I'm not someone who desires or wants attention," she says. "I've never been one of those people that run around, you know, walking every red carpet and going to every opening of every envelope, doing Presley perfumes and singing Elvis cover songs. I'm just innately not the type of person that wants attention on me. This has been my biggest battle, and it's why it took me so long to do a record. I had to really find how to be okay with all of that before doing it."

She says this CD provides a chance to define herself to the world. "When I put the record out I realized how much was there prior to me introducing myself and coming out in public and talking. I was like, 'You have no idea who I am.' I'm introducing myself to you for the first time and you have all of these pre-conceived [ideas] of me."

Lisa Marie was married to Michael Jackson for nearly two years, between 1994 and 1996. Some have openly questioned the nature of their relationship.

Oprah: You said you loved him.

Lisa Marie Presley: Yes.

Oprah: Do you think he loved you?

Lisa Marie Presley: It's hard for me to answer that question. I don't know the answer to that, to be honest with you.

Oprah: Do you think that he loved you as much as he could?

Lisa Marie Presley: Yes, as much as he was capable of loving somebody.

Oprah: Do you think he used you?

Lisa Marie: This seat is hot, let me tell you! Do I think he did? All signs point to yes on that. I can't answer for him. Lisa Marie married for the third time in 2002. Their volatile relationship ended quickly, with Nicolas Cage filing for divorce after just 108 days.
Lisa Marie says although she was upset by the break-up, things are better between them now. "I have to give him credit, you know. That was not a fun time for either of us. He did redeem himself in the end and we did become very good friends after that. We're better like that. And he's happily married and has a baby coming now, which is great."

Lisa Marie says that having children with her first husband, Danny Keough, was one of the best things she has ever done. Lisa Marie and Danny were together for about eight years, and Lisa Marie says she knew at age 19 that Danny was the person she wanted to have children with. I've never had that same instinct with a man, you know, knowing that it would be all good, safe," she says. "I knew that no matter what happened we would always be connected, and I don't know how I knew that at such a young age but I instinctively knew that and had those children with him and we are like best friends; brother and sister."

Lisa Marie Presley says she and Danny raise their two children together, and that he even lives on her property."We have like a compound so he has his house and we spend holidays together," she says. "It's hard to have that kind of relationship with your ex…but I think it's very important if you have children with somebody to keep your responsibility. You don't need to put what you guys went through or what you had with each other on the children."

Oprah: When you look at yourself as a mother, where would you rate yourself? Scale 1 to 10.

Lisa Marie: An 8.

Oprah: I think 8 is about as good as you can do! What do you think you're best at as a mother?

Lisa Marie: Just overwhelming them with affection and love. They need to push me off of them constantly…I'm crazy about them and they know it. And then having that, versus being their friend—trying really hard to be their friend as well as be a mother. That's the fence you walk, which is important because you can't go too much on one side or the other.

Oprah: How do you tell them what's important? As a citizen of the world, your community, when you've got everything?

Lisa Marie: You have to be an example. I'm not somebody who sits around. I'm not happy unless I'm helping other people. And they watch me and they see that. You have to just be a good example.

Oprah: Do you always feel like you're being compared to your father or have you reached a place where you're comfortable; you can embrace it; you can use it to infuse your own life and not reject it, or not feel like, "Oh, people are always thinking about him when they're thinking about me?"

Lisa Marie: I think that that was a huge mountain to climb and ultimately, you know, there is going be some of that there, and I do embrace it. I understand that part of it.

Oprah: Are you still trying to say, "No, I have my own life. I have my own identity."

Lisa Marie: No, I'm trying to find a good balance between the two. It's not that I want to push that away. You can't do that.

Oprah: That is very smart on your part. First of all, you look like him! And that's a good thing. And that is a part of who you are

Priscilla Presley is here for her first TV interview with her daughter! How did Lisa Marie's mother become the First Lady of Rock 'n' Roll? Priscilla Beaulieu was just 14 when she met 25-year-old Army private Elvis Presley in Germany in 1959. Despite their age difference, the two had an instant connection. After completing his tour of duty, Elvis returned to America . Two years later, he asked Priscilla's father if she could move to Graceland . It nearly tore the family apart, but in the end her father agreed and Priscilla attended her senior year of high school in Memphis . It was a life unlike any other American teenager—by day, she was a high school student; at night, she was Elvis's girlfriend. In 1967, Elvis and Priscilla were married in Las Vegas

Since her days with Elvis, Priscilla went on to become her own woman, of course. She's an actress, an author, a producer and mother to Lisa Marie and a son, Navarone, who's 18. Priscilla says the Elvis she knew—and the life they led together—was very different from the one the public knew.

"I met a very vulnerable Elvis," she says of her first meeting with "the King." "I didn't really see him as a movie star. I got to see a side of Elvis that very few people got to see. He had just lost his mother a year before that and he was in the Army in Germany , a very foreign place to him. And he was just like a little boy, really…So I was someone that he really confided in and talked to at the time."

Priscilla says their world was like a bubble. "We had our own friends. We travelled with them constantly. We ate with them. We worked with them. We [took] trips and bus trips and planes and vacations, and it wasn't a real life. It was really our own world entirely with the same people. Elvis very rarely associated with anyone in Hollywood , believe it or not. He was a Memphis , Tennessee , boy and he would go back to Graceland and that was his refuge. That was where he, you know, thrived."

Priscilla says she tried very hard to raise a daughter who was grounded. But Elvis often would spoil Lisa Marie with lavish gifts. Priscilla says she would take the gifts—including a diamond ring he gave Lisa Marie when she was 6 years old—and put them away in a closet.

"He gave her a fur coat—a mink coat," Priscilla recalls. "I think he gave it to her for her birthday and I said, 'You're not wearing this. This is not for you. You're 5 years old. You're not wearing a mink coat. I'm sorry. Excuse me.' So I called him up and I said, 'What are you doing?' So it was just too much."

Priscilla says Elvis, who grew up very poor, just wanted to give his daughter things he didn't have.

"And even though a child doesn't put a lot on it, others put a lot on it," Priscilla says. "The comments from other people…that really bothered me because I didn't want her to grow up as we know many privileged children are. Excess is really horrible. If you're not ready for it, it really does disturb your judgment."

After Elvis's death, Lisa Marie moved to live full time with Priscilla in Los Angeles . Priscilla says she was worried about the effect of that city on Lisa Marie. " L.A. is not really a place to raise children," Priscilla says. "There's too much excess there. There's too much of everything there. And my battle was trying to keep her away from all of that, and that's why I sent her to a school about two hours away, thinking that would be a way of keeping her out of the scene."

There was even a time in which Priscilla tried to instil some sophistication in Lisa Marie. "I wanted you to go to school in Europe ," Priscilla says. "Study French. Be a model for the French, you know."

How did Lisa Marie like her introduction to continental culture? "She sent me to Europe ," she says. "Oh God, what a nightmare."

As everyone knows, Graceland was Elvis's beloved home. Since his death, it has become the No. 1 tourist attraction in Memphis and the second-most-visited home in the United States —right behind the White House.

However, the Presleys initially resisted opening Graceland to the public. "It took a long time to decide after he passed away," Priscilla says. "But there weren't really enough finances there to keep it going. We had a staff that was with us for years and years and years, and we had to let everyone go. It was a shock. We had estate taxes coming in, we had government taxes. … Again, it wasn't an overnight decision."

However, rumors have spread that the Presley family sold Graceland . Priscilla dismissed them simply, saying, "No, it is not sold."

The confusion, she says, stems from a recent licensing deal. "We were looking for years for a strategic partner to help us grow," Priscilla explains. "We've been open for 25 years now. We're a private company, and we thought, 'Gosh, we'd like to be able to reach those people who can't afford to come to Graceland . We have fans all over the world.' So we found this particular partner who was on the same page as we were and basically took the licensing, and that is really what was taken."

"See, they're two different things," Lisa Marie explains. "There's the Elvis Presley Estate, which [are] the things in the house and all of his stuff, which will never be touched. [We sold] 85 percent of the licensing and marketing—we still own 15 percent. But everything [in Graceland ] is still ours. It will never be touched. A lot of that money went back into the forming of a bigger company, which is going to expand it and make it even bigger and make it go places it hasn't been able to go." Although they are close now, Priscilla and Lisa Marie say it's only been in the last year that they have been really able to bond.

Lisa Marie Presley: I think it was just—we're so the opposite of each other, if you haven't noticed already. My demeanor immediately went into [that of] a 15 year old when she walked out here! I think it was just that she's got a china shop and I'm the bull that comes in. I mean, I'm more abrasive. She's very poised, which is great. And I'm the way I am. And I think that that just couldn't find a way to blend.

Oprah: How do you explain it, Priscilla?

Priscilla: I've probably been the force in her life that put discipline on her, which she needs, excuse me. And I think that's a good thing. I hope that it's a good thing! You know, I'm honest with her. In this business you find very few people who are honest; who will tell you the truth. And I think I'm that sounding board for her even though she does her own thing and always has done her own thing. So I'm the one person that has really been the one with the discipline and she probably [resented that.]

Priscilla says that she found out about Lisa Marie's first marriage, to musician Danny Keough, only on the day of their wedding by phone. But even that was better, she says, than how she found out about Lisa Marie's marriage to Michael Jackson. "There were helicopters over my home to see if she was coming over, see what I would do," Priscilla says of the press anticipating her reaction to the marriage. "Drown myself in the pool? I don't know," she adds jokingly. Finishing the story, Lisa Marie explains how she told Priscilla. "You called me and said, 'Oh God, there's helicopters above the house,'" Lisa Marie says. "'They're saying you married Michael Jackson.' And then I was silent."

Priscilla holds out hope to this day that Michael Jackson actually loved Lisa Marie, and that their marriage involved legitimate reasoning on his part. "I want to believe he [loved her]," she says. "I would hate to believe that it was only for one thing, whether it be to maintain his popularity or to be associated somehow to her and her father. I really don't want to go there with that. It's just hard for me to believe that people do that. I mean, and she's really lovable."

Despite trying to shield her from a music career and the "big shoes" she'd have to fill, Priscilla is supportive of Lisa Marie's singing. And what would Elvis think about Lisa Marie's new career? "I think he'd be so proud," Priscilla says. "I think he'd probably be giving her all kinds of advice. I think he'd also be there, trying to tell her what songs to sing and what not to sing and how to sing it. He had to have his hand in a lot of areas like that. I think he'd be really pleased." In the notes for her CD, Now What, Lisa Marie wrote a special message to her parents, thanking them and calling the three of them an "eternal unit, never broken."

Ok, priscilla really bugs the crap out of me! lol at the eend when she says "I hope he didn't use her, i really want to believe that etc." Lisa wasn't sure after the divroce if michael really loved her, thats extremely sad because its obvious he did. I'm glad Karen Faye (if true) actually came around and told Lisa that Michael has always lvoed her. =)

thanks for the transcript, Dori.

---
Do you think he used you?

Lisa Marie: This seat is hot, let me tell you! Do I think he did? All signs point to yes on that. I can't answer for him. Lisa Marie married for the third time in 2002. Their volatile relationship ended quickly, with Nicolas Cage filing for divorce after just 108 days.
Lisa Marie says although she was upset by the break-up, things are better between them now. "I have to give him credit, you know. That was not a fun time for either of us. He did redeem himself in the end and we did become very good friends after that. We're better like that. And he's happily married and has a baby coming now, which is great."

Lisa Marie says that having children with her first husband, Danny Keough, was one of the best things she has ever done. Lisa Marie and Danny were together for about eight years, and Lisa Marie says she knew at age 19 that Danny was the person she wanted to have children with. I've never had that same instinct with a man, you know, knowing that it would be all good, safe," she says. "I knew that no matter what happened we would always be connected, and I don't know how I knew that at such a young age but I instinctively knew that and had those children with him and we are like best friends; brother and sister."
---

just... some thoughts. I'm not too coherent today...

gee... so she did this in 2007? no wonder Mike didn't want to speak to her on the phone that much that time they supposedly talked (2008?). judging from this one and some of the other interviews, she's pounded him well and good through some 8 years. I'd say that's where that guilty blog comes from, as well as the need for reassurance from the family and perhaps Karen that he did, after all, love her.

though, you know, Lisa Marie is my age (a little younger)... and I keep thinking of my own ex and my doubts about whether he ever really loved me. this, in the face of EVERYONE WE KNOW telling me he did he did he did. I guess the hurt and the pain really make it hard for us to accept some obvious truths (that there was once love).

hmm... and so Michael is the only ex she's not "friendly" with, huh? I can only wonder why. brother and sister (re Danny Keogh). yikes! lol.

Last edited:
Ok, so I guess they met around the time Michael went on the Dangerous Tour in Asia. His artist friend mentioned it in this article:

350jh41.jpg

1zeiav6.jpg

The problem is that we are never going to know Michael's side of the story. Unless he wrote about it in some journal or told people about what went on and those people are respecting his privacy.

I honestly think that it is a typical feeling to doubt a relationship after it falls apart. You think about what went wrong, what you could have done differently, if you were really in love, etc. Once it gets past that honeymoon stage, then that's when the real work begins. LOL!

I am just angry that interviewers would ask these questions to Lisa. 'Did he love you? Did he use you?' etc. Then Priscilla's contribution is just bullsh*t. Her daughter is probably as difficult a person as anyone can be. She puts all the blame on Michael. And sorry. . . but Michael doesn't need to use the Presley name to stay popular or whatever she meant by that.

Michael definitely loved Lisa because first of all, 1) He took the plunge and started a relationship with her, 2) He made that relationship public, 3) He married her!

This is a guy that never really revealed what was going on in his real love life. Yes, the allegations may have taken a toll on his image and sort of woke him up that he needs to do something about his life. But Michael Jackson had always considered marriage as very serious and sacred. He wouldn't have married Lisa if he did not love her. Plus, no one told him to marry Lisa. He did so because he wanted to.

Lisa just did not know how to handle Michael and in the end just didn't understand him. Michael is very, very complicated and she wanted to change him. I admit, I think Michael may have needed some help too. . . just to learn about male/female relationships and to co-exist with an equal. I also have to admit that Michael looked so good with her. He put on some weight so he looked healthy and he looked happy. So I believe that she had a very positive effect on him during their time together.

I also believe that she doubted his love for her and intentions because everyone probably told her that he didn't really love her and that he had ulterior motives for marrying her. I don't think anyone was on MJ's side from her camp. At least the Jackson family liked Lisa and welcomed her.

I agree. No matter what happened in their marriage, Lisa was there for Michael during his darkest years and MJ got to experience real love, just like he always wanted. He said that he found the true meaning of love when he married her. I am happy that he got to experience a love in his life, even if it was for such a short time (not counting the years they were together after the divorce). No matter what anyone says, Michael loved Lisa and she loved him. The interview he did with Life magazine pretty much says it all (how he has her photo by his bed, how she still wanted a child with him, etc). It's sad that it didn't end well, but at least is occurred and MJ was happy for a few years.

I'm convinced that Dont Walk Away, Whatever Happens, Break of Dawn, Invincible, Beautiful Girl, The way you love me are about LMP.

I remember watching that *&%$# of an interview with oprah and I felt so bad for MJ. Priscillia really thinks that Mike needed the Presley name to get attention? She lives in her own little world. And she would be suprised that Lisa wasn't that famous before she married MIKE. Lots of ppl didn't know who she was. Yes we have heard Elvis had a daughter but no one was checking for her. It annoys me when I hear Lisa and Pricilla or even fans mentions that Lisa was as famous as Mike. She wasn't. She was on par with him , maybe, only money wise. And I wonder if she really realized how big Mike was. Every cornor of the Globe felt his death. I'm sorry but no one in the Caribbean was checking for Elvis, No one on the continent of Africa. Elvis became BIG after he died. Michaels fame and contribution surpassed Elvis a loooooong time ago. By the way Michael will be honored at Barbados Music awards. But I really think Lisa doubting Mike had a lot to do with Cilla.

Priscilla holds out hope to this day that Michael Jackson actually loved Lisa Marie, and that their marriage involved legitimate reasoning on his part. "I want to believe he [loved her]," she says. "I would hate to believe that it was only for one thing, whether it be to maintain his popularity or to be associated somehow to her and her father. I really don't want to go there with that. It's just hard for me to believe that people do that. I mean, and she's really lovable."

Whatever Priscilla....

Elvis was loved by one portion of the population....MJ was loved all over the world...Blacks, White, yellow, Green....

Again...whatever.

I am sure these past few months have been a wake up call for a lot of people...

^^^^lol she says different things because it never ended! haha =)

:naughty: :lol: Yeah like her telling Rolling Stone (still dunno if she was misquoted or her statements were mashed up) that she told Mike she wanted a divorce in 1999.

Is the transcript you posted the only time she and her mom were on Oprah? I remember seeing a pic of her and Riley on Oprah and they were both blonde. When she was on Oprah with her mom her hair was dark and she was sorta emo-ed out lol.

Thanks mandy543 for the article. :lol: at Brett saying Cilla was happy about LMP's marriage to MJ. She must have been really good at hiding her feelings. So what month & yr was MJ in Asia for the Dangerous Tour?

^see my reply to your post in the other thread. lol are we gonna keep double posting in the two threads? can a mod maybe merge the two threads?

just asking :p

^see my reply to your post in the other thread. lol are we gonna keep double posting in the two threads? can a mod maybe merge the two threads?

just asking :p

I'll check it out. I've PM-ed you. Thanks for answering. Hmm...August 1993. I think they need to be merged at this point too. Still wanna know if LMP said on Oprah that they had met b/f Feb. 1993. I think she was on Oprah more than once.

Ok, I've found this from EBONY magazine. Anybody know when the Jackson Family Honors was taped? Not shown on TV, but taped? Read from the bottom left corner which starts with "Three years ago..."

ebony4.jpg

Last edited:
In the Taraborelli book, he wrote that Lisa accompanied Michael to that Jackson Family Honors in Las Vegas in February 1994. Supposedly, this was the first time that Michael introduced Lisa to his family members.

Back