Which edits are better than the album cuts?

One would say that Michael Jackson was the King Of Unnecessary And Boring Song Intros.
If this is what you think, I wouldn't advise you to listen to Bobby Womack, Barry White, or Isaac Hayes. 😅 They all tend to talk for like 5 minutes before they start singing.
'Will You Be There' [00:00 – 01:49]
Buy the Free Willy Soundtrack, problem solved. :p

I don't listen to Janet. What are these 'interludes'? If they separate the classical stuff from the rest of the song I'm not sure I'd be interested, tbh. It's not just that I love the pieces Michael chose to use, it's the transitions into his songs.

EDIT - OK, I just checked out Janet. You mean the spoken word stuff? Oh, I wasn't talking about that. I just mean the use of classical music to take us into WYBT and LS. I think it's masterfully done on Michael's songs. I know some people find them tiresome and prefer to skip them. I adore them!

Further edit - separating Michael's spoken word bits on WYBT might work bc his speaking voice is so lovely.
Yeah, just separating the intros. Like YRMW would be good.

Spoken intros, I'm mostly ok with. You Rock My World is one of the few that I don't like.

oh god, that's insane! Sounds like the live version. I don't like Zep live so I've never listened to that. 6m 30s is plenty long enough for me, lol.
Yeah, How the West Was Won. There are 18 songs, and I think 4 of them are over 20 minutes. To be honest, it's not quite to my taste, especially when one of them is simply a drum solo... You have to really be in the mood.

Yeah, just separating the intros. Like YRMW would be good.
Yes that’s what I meant separate the intros (whether spoken or classical music) that are longer than say a few seconds (I would keep who is it as is, but separate BOW, IJCSLY, WYBT, Little Susie, YRMW)

Last edited:
This might be cheating a bit, but I kinda prefer the edit of Remember the Time that plays in the short film over the album version. I love the extended bridge/breakdown during the dance sequence with the finger snaps and Michael going "DO YOU REMEMBER, GIRL?!" and then the instrumental bit afterwards.

Fun story: the short film was the first time I ever heard the song, so when I finally listened to the album version and discovered it was actually totally different and even shorter I was actually kinda let down, lol. I still loved the song but yeah...

This might be cheating a bit, but I kinda prefer the edit of Remember the Time that plays in the short film over the album version.
I'm the same with GITM. I always thought I loved both versions equally until I finally admitted to myself that for every time I listen to the album version I probably listen to (watch) the video version, oh, maybe 200 times, lol. I love those explosions / electrical noises. It just adds so much! And it's not bc it's the video, as such, bc sometimes I'll close my eyes or minimise the screen and just listen.

god, it's awesome!

Back