Who do you think is the most OVERRATED female artist today?

Who do You think is the Most OVERRATED female artist today?

• Total voters
She is one of the greatest entertainers of all time, no doubt about that. I haven't seen much of her, but she can dance, and she has stage presence. I guess to me, she's forgettable; I don't find any of her songs memorable. Like MJ for example, his songs stay with me long after they have finished playing. Nothing about Madonna makes her memorable for me. I very mediocre compared to other artists. She is very, very talented, but I think I mainly class her as overrated because people around me are obsessed with her, whilst I don't see the fuss.

O.T. That's a great picture of Michael in your signature.

agree with the above. Dont think ive commented on here before...but to me, youve got to have the whole "package" that makes you a singer. Some of the above got or had this hype for awhile, but its one thing. that makess you no artist to me. esp not when all one is doing is jumping half naked on stage or attention seeking in a costume of meat. she did not wear a meat costume before she got known.

All of them are terrible except Beyonce who is pretty good overall. She has a great voice and she can sang!

Taylor Swift gets the most of my venom, as all her songs are party odes or break up songs and all sound the same and are pointless as heck.

Rhianna or however you spell her ghetto name is also dreadful, the second worst, below Taylor, her songs are illuminati rubbish and just tragic. Bitch better have my money is the lamest and laziest thing she ever did. Although Umbrella was quite a good song, and the video was pretty cool too.

Britney Spears is pretty bad, she lost her way years ago, but I enjoyed her music quite a lot from 1998's Baby one more time to 2003's Toxic, never liked her as a person much though.

Lady Gaga was not too bad musically, but she offered nothing new and too much shock factor. I was also incensed how she went after Madonna's fan and sound.

To me all these artists do not compare to the original triumvirate of Madonna/Prince and of course Michael Jackson, none of these people have a patch on the King of Pop.

At least Beyonce can sing. Anything else, sure, we can argue all day but tell me that woman doesn't have a voice and I will recommend you get an eardrum transplant. All the other divas, especially the white ones, don't get any flak for not being dancers, or creatives, or not writing their songs, even if they do. Why people just hate Beyonce is beyond me.

However, my beef is with Britney. SHE HAS LITERALLY NO TALENT. Literally, nothing. She has even admitted publicly she isn't much of a singer. She doesn't really do anything. Nowadays she's just famous for being famous and there's no substance (Vegas show notwithstanding, it's not even good).

The thing is - I am not a big Taylor fan because she never matures, and her songs are meh at best, but I have to at least hand it to her for knowing her market. She's got a smart business brain and she knows what she's doing to sell her stuff. That, and before she became huge-huge, I remember seeing her vlogs and I have to admit she is freaking hilarious - her fan interactions are very sweet and seem genuine. So, cool I guess. Not amazing, not legendary, but I don't have too much issue. It worries me to see people idolize her, but otherwise she has at least some merit.

I am a Lady Gaga fan, and ffff what everyone else says. Her branding and music may not be your bag and that's fine, but she's like Beyonce: she DOES have a lot of natural, amazing talent and she is a TRAINED musician. If you don't like her radio stuff, just watch her sing a capella, or her crazy piano nights she does in NYC, or her early indie stuff. It's amazing. That's why she gets my vote, meat dress and all.

Rihanna I could take or leave.

When it comes down to it, the reason I vote for Britney in this is that I just feel bad for her. I just look at her and I don't see anything but emptiness. That sounds so emo but you can tell the control she's been under pretty much her whole life has really taken a toll, and I just see nothing in her. I feel sympathy for her because it's so evident, to me anyway, that she's really lost and has no real identity and that's the saddest part. It makes me upset that people would do that to someone, and that we do it all the time, and that people still consume her like she's an indefinite resource.

I went with Britney Spears, she in my opinion offers the least talent out of the list... I wanted to say Taylor Swift but I can't. While she has the worst stage presence on stage and I don't care for her music, (don't hate but no.. just no) she understands that 'Pop' machine and know how to work it. She is smart in picking what will be hits, Promoting herself, and she is good to her fans..

Back