Who do you think is the most OVERRATED female artist today?

Who do You think is the Most OVERRATED female artist today?

• Total voters
Lady Gaga. I just don't like her music. I don't like those other artist's music either. :)

I won't vote unitl I see the name Justin Bieber, he is the most overrated female artist today.

And yet as fans we get angry when non-fans call Michael "feminine" or "gay". Such a double standard that goes on.

Bieber may not be for everyone, but he's male and he doesn't deserve backlash like that. Every boy goes through a stage in their teens when they appear quite feminine. It's hard enough working through that when it's your own body, but even harder when you're in the media and thousands upon thousands see you every day. Cut him some slack.

@kindofdisco: Definitely agree regarding Bieber. It's not his fault he looks that way, even if his material sucks.

Lady GAG.

XD_Laugh_Revamp_by_BubbleRevolution.gif

I'm not a big fan of Lady Gaga, although I think she's a nice person from the couple of interviews I've heard; it's not much but we havent had lunch together yet. Now the most overrated one IMO would be Katie Perry, who absolutely cant sing.

Gaga. The attention-seeking is just so boring, it doesn't cover up that she is boring and her statements about art are so pretentious. Ugh. I must say that none of the female singers in this poll really do anything for me, but it's obvious that Beyoncé is very talented and Britney, I have a soft spot for her, but not for her talent.

Lady Gaga. She is a talented but come on people making it like she is Tchaikovsky or something.Thousands of singers/entertainers play the piano out there, no one is making it such a big deal. Her voice is average and her whole "amazingness" lays on her costumes. I trully believe that if it wasn't for her weird clothes people wouldn't give her a second look and she knows that. I don't buy that whole am different sh** for a minute.

Last edited:
They're all overrated. But Rihanna is absolutely the worst. Her songs are amongst the most insipid and meaningless I've ever heard. The only one on this list I find even remotely tolerable is Britney, and that's only because I liked Blackout.

In my opinion: Rihanna makes no music but I extremely love her voice and her personality. Taylor is cute but I don't know why ppl want to give her SO MUCH awards. She's not a big thing. Like Gaga and her music but sometimes I don't like that she's always trying to be weird. I personally LOVE Bee. I think now she's the female MJ. That doesnt' mean that she's as talented. But definitely the most talented women in the last 10 years. Britney may used to knew how to sing but not anymore. She's crap and doing shit music as hell. And disgusting in her stage clothes.
And what about the most underrated? I think it's Pink.

Lady Gaga, IMHO.
She's that famous because of her outfits, etc not because she made incredible good music. It's easy-to-remember pop music, something to sing along and forget afterwards. 'Lalala' songs without deeper meaning that make you think.
Well, that's my opinion.

Lady Gaga. She is a talented but come on people making it like she is Tchaikovsky or something.Thousands of singers/entertainers play the piano out there, no one is making it such a big deal. Her voice is average and her whole "amazingness" lays on her costumes. I trully believe that if it wasn't for her weird clothes people wouldn't give her a second look and she knows that. I don't buy that whole am different sh** for a minute.

Is it really that bad? I mean she basically merged her fashion with her music. That's what Gaga is all about.

I only see one "singer" here in that list if I can call it this way...the others are insignificant.-_-
Beyonce is unfortunately more a careerist, a businesswoman than a true singer.
So far she has good communication skills , she handles very well her image and all that,
but how long will it last?

Britney Spears.
"Femme Fatale" is the worst album of 2011 for me so far. I don't know why and how it got so many positive reviews. I mean, can she do anything at all without auto-tune? I liked her earlier works such as "Britney" and "In The Zone", though. Now her voice sounds emotionless, like a piece of plastic programmed to vibrate in right frequencies.
The rest of the candidates can at least sing. Britney can't. Not anymore.

I don't really think Britney spears is rated too highly at the moment is she? I think there are no decent pop singers of the female persuasion about at the moment. So pretty much any on MTV are overrated in my opinion.

Does anyone notice that Rihanna has like 4 songs out right now? She has a song out all the time either her own and on other people's songs. Then I notice lately that Beyonce is throwing one video out after another so quickly. I don't know if she has had a hit on her album yet. I know it was #1 when it came out but her songs are not on fire like her last album. I don't mean to judge but sometimes it feels too much.

I voted Lady Gaga but I think all of the above are overrated. Huge hype with no substance (musical or lyrical) at all.

I dont really like any of them but I voted rihanna cos people make her out to be better than wot she is and I dont get people thinkin shes good lookin either cos I really dont see it....I havent watched any of her videos for over a year or somethin now just cos she acts sluttish in them and thats wots wrong with music today imo I used to like lady gaga but to me she comes across fake.She hasnt always been out there as she claims she does it for publicity and I do think she has a good voice and if she took away the act alot of people would take her more serious,I love bad romance though.
I dont really care for britney either she's just no longer in the moment and doesnt have it.
Taylor Swift songs mostly sound similar to each other and I havent heard any of her songs in a long while.
Beyonce people just like her for her looks and as someone said she's more of a buisness woman and public figure.

I think Nicole Scherzinger is someone whos underrated just listen to Amenjena and u'll c y.She has so many different styles and I honestly dont remember he miming live unlike alot of artists today and to me isnt someone who follows the crowd.Since lady gaga alot of other artists have started dressing strangely and jumping on the same bandwagon.She's one of them that hasnt,her whole album is different in each song.

I originally voted for Taylor Swift.........but that was back in February 2010 (over 21 months ago)........

And now I think that Lady Gaga is the most overrated one..........

It took Michael over a decade (probably two decades) before people considered him a Legend.............

Gaga has only been around for a few years and some people talk of her being "one of the greats"........

I would understand if she actually accomplished something extraordinary (i.e. push pop music in to a brand new direction or reverse the declining sales of music).......but she's done nothing more then any other popular pop singer!!!!!

And even her videos come off as just plain weird (as opposed to actual surrealism or expressionism - that's what they are claiming to be)!!!

I would probably have voted Gaga awhile back but her star is already fading. Someone who is truly overrated and gets false praise is Rihanna. The others deserve some respect and of course Britney has NEVER gotten any so she shouldn't even be on the list. Rihanna on the other hand is critically praised and has almost no say whatsoever in her career.

I would probably have voted Gaga awhile back but her star is already fading. Someone who is truly overrated and gets false praise is Rihanna. The others deserve some respect and of course Britney has NEVER gotten any so she shouldn't even be on the list. Rihanna on the other hand is critically praised and has almost no say whatsoever in her career.

You really think Gaga's star is fading already? It feels like Rihanna has a song by herself or with somebody every month. She is getting a lot of #1 songs pretty fast it seems.

You really think Gaga's star is fading already? It feels like Rihanna has a song by herself or with somebody every month. She is getting a lot of #1 songs pretty fast it seems.

I do and I'm a fan. The backlash has kicked in and her music isn't performing as well on the charts. Her last few singles have all come and gone very quickly and the latest one, "Marry The Night" looks to be the first to not even crack the top 10.

I do and I'm a fan. The backlash has kicked in and her music isn't performing as well on the charts. Her last few singles have all come and gone very quickly and the latest one, "Marry The Night" looks to be the first to not even crack the top 10.

She is still popular I feel. She had a thanksgiving special and something in new york in a store. I heard she is working on a new album. I think Beyonce is having the same problem. I keep seeing video after video and nothing in top ten for her.

First of all, none of them deserve to be called Artists, none of them create works of art and most of them are just performers.
I'd say LG, Rhianna & Beyonce, they're everywhere, their music is infectious and alienates millions with their shallow lyrics and videos.

^I agree, although I adore Britney Spears and I've been a fan of hers since I was 10. I also don't think she's very overrated nowadays since the media spent every waking moment of its life finding faults in her a few years back.

I think it comes with the territory, though--something that's popular is never really going to be artistic, since most people don't really get art to begin with, and those limitations are not strictly bound to the field of music appreciation. It's everywhere, if you look at what the most popular things are, they tend to be the trashiest and of most pedestrian persuasion.

Especially with pop music, which has billions of dollars invested into it, risks and true boldness are never really going to be seen, since it is by its very nature commercial and not artistic music.

All of these girls are good performers, they can put on a halfway interesting act with a lot of glitter and bang, but at the end of the day, what do they say?

Nothing.

[Although, admittedly, Swift is still a teenager and can be forgiven, yet weirdly enough she also has the most mature and sincere lyrics out of all the names here, and is also the most likable and down-to-Earth].

Also, I agree with Travis, Gaga's star is definitely on the decline. The teeny boppers have finally tired of her and her anti-religious watered down Marilyn Manson-esque shenanigans (he did it better), and she's gone on the loop, it seems. She was never original or artistic to begin with [although she was composed in such a way so as to fool impressionable tweens and teens into believing she is], which is really standard procedure for a pop act, but she's really failed to deliver even among her own die-hard fans, many of whom were disappointed with her last album.

She'll die out if she doesn't make something catchy, fast, and if she doesn't stop with the anti-Christian pseudo-rebellious antics. I'm an atheist and they bother me, mainly because they're pointless attention whoring. Also, I'm willing to bet most of her fans (or, more importantly, their parents, who have, in Alexander Hamilton terms, the Power of the Purse) are Christian, and they probably are getting sick of it too.

Last edited:
Back