Why Are There No Rumors Of New Projects?

News on a new project has almost always come out before its official announcement:

- This Is It was formally announced by Sony/the Estate sometime in August 2009.
- Michael saw a boatload of controversy regarding the track listing before the first single even dropped.
- Immortal was acknowledged as a candidate in at least one Cirque du Soleil press release.
- Bad25 was alluded to in various post-2010/pre-2012 interviews by the Estate and Spike Lee.
- Xscape was revealed to be in the works by Dr. Freeze in 2011/13.
- Off the Wall was almost guaranteed given that Spike Lee was working on a documentary in 2015.

Very rarely do things come as complete surprises. Usually we know what's coming, we just don't know when.

Dangerous25 isn't even a rumor. The only concrete reasoning behind people taking about it is that 2016 is the 25th anniversary of the album; the estate has never mentioned it or suggested it or even hinted at considering it. I say it in every thread, but I continually see people speaking about it as if it is a certainty. It is not. I don't want to see anger directed at the estate if they make the decision to not do anything (which there most certainly will be).

I would say Thriller is the safest bet to guess on, given that Spike Lee has (unfortunately) said he wishes to work on yet another documentary on that.

Nope.

Michael and VISION were only announced roughly a month and a bit before their release at the end of 2010. Similar time frame for the Immortal CD. It was only around this time in 2012 that Bad 25 was announced (quite early announcement actually). Xscape was announced at the beginning of April and released in May. Off the Wall Doco was officially announced in early January, released late February.

I wouldn't be worried at all. In all of the posthumous releases from 2010 onwards, only once has the Estate announced anything longer than 2 months before the project's release.

News on a new project has almost always come out before its official announcement:

- This Is It was formally announced by Sony/the Estate sometime in August 2009.
- Michael saw a boatload of controversy regarding the track listing before the first single even dropped.
- Immortal was acknowledged as a candidate in at least one Cirque du Soleil press release.
- Bad25 was alluded to in various post-2010/pre-2012 interviews by the Estate and Spike Lee.
- Xscape was revealed to be in the works by Dr. Freeze in 2011/13.
- Off the Wall was almost guaranteed given that Spike Lee was working on a documentary in 2015.

Very rarely do things come as complete surprises. Usually we know what's coming, we just don't know when.

Dangerous25 isn't even a rumor. The only concrete reasoning behind people taking about it is that 2016 is the 25th anniversary of the album; the estate has never mentioned it or suggested it or even hinted at considering it. I say it in every thread, but I continually see people speaking about it as if it is a certainty. It is not. I don't want to see anger directed at the estate if they make the decision to not do anything (which there most certainly will be).

I would say Thriller is the safest bet to guess on, given that Spike Lee has (unfortunately) said he wishes to work on yet another documentary on that.

Well I think more fans will start to hate the Estate, if they decide not to celebrate the anniversary of Dangerous, because Dangerous is the most loved album. I think the Estate will make a lot of fans happy if they actually do something

Dangerous is far under rated for sure! pretty much anything that was not done with Quincy get's an overlook often which is really redonk... Dangerous at one point had higher sales than Bad.. they battled for a while! had huge hits, deserves attention..

When none biased NEW fans listen to Michaels music Dangerous and History are very often voted as favored over MJ's older stuff..

I love it all, but I have seen that over and over again!

Dangerous is far under rated for sure! pretty much anything that was not done with Quincy get's an overlook often which is really redonk... Dangerous at one point had higher sales than Bad.. they battled for a while! had huge hits, deserves attention..

When none biased NEW fans listen to Michaels music Dangerous and History are very often voted as favored over MJ's older stuff..

I love it all, but I have seen that over and over again!

When, recently

There is still plenty of time left from the year. If they plan something for the Christmas season then it is too early to announce anything yet. I'd say then they would probably announce or leak something around MJ's birthday.

muhammed;4150058 said:
I think you need a refresher

"Why is it strange that I would fall in love?
Who is that boogieman you’re thinking of?
How am I crazy cause I just don’t know
This is breaking news
This is breaking news"

Rings any bells ? :D
Wtf....i never knew what those lyrics were...boogieman? Tf...tf....like seriously WTF! The only thing i LOVE about the "Michael" album Is the cover & it shouldn't even have been the cover (especially with it being cropped) it should've been presented in some other form

Well I think more fans will start to hate the Estate, if they decide not to celebrate the anniversary of Dangerous, because Dangerous is the most loved album. I think the Estate will make a lot of fans happy if they actually do something

The estate has the challenge of meeting fan expectations for a Dangerous reissue, which is simply unrealistic. Given the low sales of Bad25, paired with the fact that Dangerous is not as widely-acclaimed as Bad in the general public, putting together a lavish multiple-disc package would be a waste of money on their end. And if Dangerous25 doesn't have at least eight new songs and a brand new concert to go with it, there will 100% be some sort of uproar.

As much as I would also love a Dangerous25, it just doesn't seem realistic -- at least not with the features that many fans want. As I've said, if it happens, I would expect nothing more than a two-disc package with some demos and new tunes.

As much as I would also love a Dangerous25, it just doesn't seem realistic -- at least not with the features that many fans want. As I've said, if it happens, I would expect nothing more than a two-disc package with some demos and new tunes.

Well, "some demos & new tunes"...

I'm on board!!!!

Give us Thriller 3D for Halloween & Dangerous25 for Christmas.

Then give us the last project of the current deal in 2017: An album of 8-10 unreleased songs. Plus the original versions of Behind The Mask, Hollywood Tonight & Another Day.

3D gives me a headache. Not excited for this project at all. Really Thriller again? It's been suggested for years this would happen. How about a concert instead. No thanks how about something different? Next it will be this stupid hologram crap.

Well, "some demos & new tunes"...

I'm on board!!!!

Give us Thriller 3D for Halloween & Dangerous25 for Christmas.

Then give us the last project of the current deal in 2017: An album of 8-10 unreleased songs. Plus the original versions of Behind The Mask, Hollywood Tonight & Another Day.

I'm certainly on board with some new music but I'd rather not endure another spell of "the estate didn't give me exactly what I wanted, even though what I wanted was incredibly unrealistic and unlikely, so I'm going to complain about them," which seems to happen quite frequently.

3D gives me a headache. Not excited for this project at all. Really Thriller again? It's been suggested for years this would happen. How about a concert instead. No thanks how about something different? Next it will be this stupid hologram crap.

If Thriller 3D happens then there will be a normal Blu-Ray release it of it most likely. You could watch it without 3D. It would be great to see it in HD. I just hope they don't ruin it with too much DNR(dynamic noise reduction). They shouldn't remove all the film grain. If they remove it too much they remove the detail.

I still think we will se a project this year.

Maybe Thriller 3D, HIStory in 3D and cinema and Blu-Ray og Dangerous 25.

I hope for D25 - with some never heard of demoes and a doc with studio footage, behind the scene material of the tour - rehearsal footage etc. - but that's just me dreaming I guess. :lol:

I don't understand if we have something that has already leaked why commercialize it. That's just a waste of extra

I would love more This Is It footage.

There are more songs rehearsed - that would be amazing. And different takes on the songs we have already seen would be great too.

AND a lot more behind the scenes - would be great to see more footage of MJ being creative, getting ideas. More of the early stage rehearsing - the intro to TWYMMF is amazing - I think it is only the sound check - before the actual performance starts - it's great. - More Human Nature footage.

So much they could give us.

If Thriller 3D comes - I guess they will release it with something else, like Galactus123 wrote above. Maybe a new HIStory concert is released - and then before the concert - they show Thriller 3D.

Because - really, who would pay, and go to the cinema for a 15 minutes musicvideo??

There are more songs rehearsed - that would be amazing. And different takes on the songs we have already seen would be great too.

AND a lot more behind the scenes - would be great to see more footage of MJ being creative, getting ideas. More of the early stage rehearsing - the intro to TWYMMF is amazing - I think it is only the sound check - before the actual performance starts - it's great. - More Human Nature footage.

If Thriller 3D comes - I guess they will release it with something else, like Galactus123 wrote above. Maybe a new HIStory concert is released - and then before the concert - they show Thriller 3D.

Because - really, who would pay, and go to the cinema for a 15 minutes musicvideo??

People have 3D TVs now, maybe just a home release?

But yeah if it goes to cinema it will need to be paired with a documentary about the making of it - the one we know or a new one. Or just play before another release? Ghosts played with Thinner in US theatres, I believe.

I am guessing more TII footage will be released for the 10th anniversary in 2019

And that's why they should either make the ticket prices for Thriller 3D cheaper than regular movie tickets or they should combine it with Ghosts and make that 3D as well.

they should combine it with Ghosts and make that 3D as well.

I had the EXACT same idea!
I might faint if I found out that was going to happen.
tumblr_nycqmz4bOu1u1fpl9o7_250.gif

Do we know how many unreleased Songs are left? I've read that Michael recorded vocals for Neyo and T-Pain tracks. Is this true? Would love to hear then in the furure.

There's a Wikipedia page with a list of unreleased songs. I'd take some of them with a pinch of salt though.

Tell me about it...

"It has been said that Jackson, in his lifetime, recorded more than 50,000 songs but many of the songs were not released."

So his first ever album (with the J5) came out 1969, so that gives us about 40 years of recording for MJ (give or take). That means on average he recorded 1,250 different songs every single year; which breaks down to: 104 songs every month, 24 songs every week... 3 songs EVERY SINGLE DAY. Yup. Michael recorded about 3 totally new songs for every single day from the age of 10. Sounds about right.

Do we know how many unreleased Songs are left? I've read that Michael recorded vocals for Neyo and T-Pain tracks. Is this true? Would love to hear then in the furure.

T-Pain song - never recorded - confirmed by T-Pain himself, was planned for T-Pain's album
Ne-Yo songs - probably never recorded, Ne-Yo would send MJ the demos with his vocals, MJ would listen to them and talk to him over the phone what he wanted to be changed. That process lasted for some time so even if MJ experimented with his vocals on some of the demos it would have been very rough and without any knowledge and involvement of Ne-Yo.

I'm glad he did not record with T-Pain. Not a fan of auto tune singers/rappers. Hey at least we got a Pit Bull remix. Lol!

Back