wil.i.am Talks About The MJ Tracks on RoveLA

Yes, I remember the same too. If I'm not mistaken the interview was aired on CNN.

EDIT: I founded it.

BROWN: So you don't have the tracks, you don't own the tracks?

WILL.I.AM.:I have the tracks in my archives (ph) but I don't - you know, he would take his vocals and I would take my music. So, you know, I didn't record his vocals on my hard drive and on my hard drive I kept the music.

So in reality He doesnt have the songs except for some music/beats he layed down for 3 tracks they worked on
and MJ had the vocals locked in his own vault - I knew I remembered him saying that. - Thanks for finding it

Could the estate technically make the decision to use those vocals (the Will.I.Am ones) for other projects/songs? I'm hoping there's a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo inhibiting their usage with anyone other than Will.I.Am, because I'd hate for these vocals to be released in any other circumstance or with any other producer.

I personally think Will.I.Am will release these in a few years time. My hope is he's waiting for the whole Michael Jackson hysteria to die down - his death, CM trial, Cascios etc etc. This way he won't look like he's profiting on the name and will be able to peacefully and respectfully put together the tracks in the way Michael wanted.

It makes no sense to keep them in the vault forever.

So in reality He doesnt have the songs except for some music/beats he layed down for 3 tracks they worked on
and MJ had the vocals locked in his own vault - I knew I remembered him saying that. - Thanks for finding it

6 tracks

Why talk about the songs if you're not gonna do anything with them? Quite frankly, I don't wanna hear
the songs since they were not completed....by Michael. Demos either.
But in all fairness, the host did ask him the question.

Will.'you know'.I.am.
He says "you know" alot :rofl:
I think GTS is right. when the whole hype goes down, he and the estate would come together.

And he was asked about working with MJ, he didn't start himself talking about, you know.

Lauren Graham is so funny. In movies she is just playing herself.

This is an album fact sheet that I made up years ago.... Of course some things have been updated sence, this was even before we knew about THIS IS IT concert tour.. BUT!! gives a good look at what we knew at the time, including will.i.am tracks

[h=2]THE NEW ALBUM FACT SHEET[/h]<ARTICLE>
***ALBUM FACTS***</SPAN>

Michael Jackson</SPAN>
* Said he is working on a new album
* Said he is mainly writing it himself with help of some others</SPAN>

Will.I.Am
* Have at least 4 songs together
* 3 of 4 songs confirmed completed
* Song titles known (I'm Dreamin')
* The 4 songs, 2 written by Will.I.Am, 1 by Michael, and 1 together
* One song is featuring Will.i.Am
* Said to be 'feel good' music "Off The Wall for today's generation"</SPAN>

Akon </SPAN>
* Recorded with Michael Jackson for the new album</SPAN>
* </SPAN>Said the sound of the album is 'pretty amazing' </SPAN>

John Legend
* He has written a ballad for Michael Jackson's album
* No news of it being recorded, or planned to be used</SPAN></SPAN>

Ne-Yo
* Has submitted multiple songs to Michael Jackson for the new album </SPAN>
* They have not been in the studio together yet
* Has named the third track sent in as one of the songs Michael liked</SPAN>

Artists/Producers seen with Michael in recent history and/or claim to be a part of the project
* Neff-U - been seen and claimes to be working with
* Charles 'Big Chuck' Stanton - claimes to be working with MJ
* Teddy Riley - stated to be working on the album</SPAN>
* </SPAN>RedOne – said to be working on the album </SPAN></SPAN>
* Rodney Jerkins - noted to be working on Michaels album
* Sean Garrett - attatched his name on the album
* Kanye West - producing for Michael. Not clear if 'Thriller 25' was the only album
* Keith Harris - working with Michael. Not clear if 'Thriller 25' was the only album

Possible track titles:
"You Are So Beautiful"
"I'm Dreamin'"

Plans for the Future
* Michael has looked at ideas for a set of Performances to back his new album. One location has been the O2 arena (No dates finalized yet)
* According to Ms. Baine Michael plans to release 3-4 singles before albums release date but much has changed since this message. </SPAN></SPAN></ARTICLE>

We need to band together and make him release the tracks.

We need to band together and make him release the tracks.

Yes, he needs to know that he is releasing them for the fans, not for the money. He needs to know that we don't care who is making money or not, we just want to hear Michael's music. He needs to know that.

Yes, he needs to know that he is releasing them for the fans, not for the money. He needs to know that we don't care who is making money or not, we just want to hear Michael's music. He needs to know that.

Maybe we could make Akon to talk to him, haha.

lol but Akon also said he won't release the unfinished track. Hold my hand is the only one finished.

Akon said that the other song don't have any vocals, just harmonies and ideas. But will.i.am said multiple times before MJ died that the songs are finished and that "if it's up to him that he would release them tommorow". Only after MJ died his story suddenly changed that the songs are unfinished.

Will.I.Am
* Have at least 4 songs together
* 3 of 4 songs confirmed completed
* Song titles known (I'm Dreamin')
* The 4 songs, 2 written by Will.I.Am, 1 by Michael, and 1 together
* One song is featuring Will.i.Am
* Said to be 'feel good' music "Off The Wall for today's generation"

^^^Does that include the 2 songs on Thriller 25???.........because I remember that news coming out about the same time they were making those remixes!!!!

Anyway..........Part of me is glad those songs are never gonna be released..........

I was one of the people who disliked the Thriller 25 remixes and I cringed at the thought of songs like them being on a brand new MJ album........

And also, if Will has all the songs in his possession, then it tells me that Michael might not even have wanted any of those songs of the album........many of them might have been intended for a Will.I.Am album.........and we know that Michael recorded loads of duets but never released them (Freddie, LL Cool J, Barry Gibb)!

Big respect to him on the last phrase............lets hope the Jacksons, Cascios, and Gest were listening!!!!

6 songs were recorded with will.i.am:

1. Can You...
2. If We Still Love
3. I'm Dreamin'
4. I'm Still the King
5. Miss You
6. The Future

What SHOULD be done with these songs is Will.I.Am can release each song on its own and dedicating each songs profits to one of Michael's favorite Children's charities. But Will wont do that because he thinks its disrespectful to Michael's memory... WELL it would be the PERFECT way to remember Michael and it wouldn't tarnish anyone's memory of him. Michael would most defiantly approve.

No one here's considering the possibility that creating and writing music (or any creative work for that matter) is a private process. Releasing incomplete ideas that were just being tested out would be like releasing footage from a hidden camera in someone's bathroom. It doesn't sound like a cool idea at all. It might be "safe" to have hardcore fans listen to it, but a general release really isn't fair or respectful.

No one here's considering the possibility that creating and writing music (or any creative work for that matter) is a private process. Releasing incomplete ideas that were just being tested out would be like releasing footage from a hidden camera in someone's bathroom. It doesn't sound like a cool idea at all. It might be "safe" to have hardcore fans listen to it, but a general release really isn't fair or respectful.

He said multiple times before Michael died that the songs are finished and ready to be released. But even if he lied then he can always put (Demo) or (Early Demo) or (Early Version) like they did on The Ultimate Collection.

He said 'I hope they get released soon...but legalities' I hope these get released!!

Hey Gang, I have a feeling that the MJJ & Will.I.am songs will be leaked and put on YOUTUBE.Someone is gonna do this just like the other songs that was said to be in the Vaults just to make cash and not share them with Fans, The Charities that MJJ contributes money to or give to his Children.The Songs with Will.I.am to me are the true last recordings,Vocals, No Vocals ,No Studios tricks,And Maybe Michael in the raw before he decided to fine tune it.I say this, If These songs are leaked ,the money should go to Michael's Kids and Charities. The Casico Sessions are still to be proven eventhough a book was published to try to prove the fact that Michael recorded at Frank's House but we needed video proof to prove that to be true like Barry Gibb and Will.I.am. and Ofcourse We know MJJ sang with AKON . I would love to hear these songs and have Will release them before someone else does.

Four songs with will.i.am are complete enough to be released, according to an insider I talked to on Maximum-Jackson who has been right on virtually everything he has told me about (the tracklisting of the MICHAEL album, the first song to be released from Bad 25, etc.). Will is just being a jerk-off, bragging that he has these "incredible" MJ vocals that no one will ever hear

This is an album fact sheet that I made up years ago.... Of course some things have been updated sence, this was even before we knew about THIS IS IT concert tour.. BUT!! gives a good look at what we knew at the time, including will.i.am tracks.

I'm expanding on the album fact sheet that was posted above. I'm inserting information that I learned from insiders I've talked to.

Aluaine Thiam (Akon)
- Only recorded one song together (Hold My Hand)
- There are multiple lyrical outlines for unwritten/unrecorded songs

Bradley Buxer/Michael Durham Prince
- Recorded heavily with Jackson from 2003 to 2009
- Listed as co-writer (Buxer)/producers on at least 25 registered, but unreleased, songs
- Buxer confirmed the unreleased charity anthem, Bottom of My Heart

Nadir Khayat (RedOne)
- Recorded with Jackson throughout 2008 and early 2009
- Six songs are complete enough to be released
- Will only release the songs if the proceeds are donated to charity

Rodney Jerkins (Darkchild)
- Originally worked with Jackson on his Invincible album
- Has eight completed unreleased tracks from the Invincible sessions
- Planned to work with Jackson on his future album

Shaffer Smith (Ne-Yo)
- Has submitted multiple songs for Jackson's album
- As both musicians were busy, they never collaborated in the studio
- Jackson gave Ne-Yo tips on how to improve written tracks
- Ne-Yo doesn't know if Jackson recorded any of his songs

Theron Feemster (Neff-U)
- Worked with Jackson throughout mid-2008 to mid-2009
- Recorded around 10-25 tracks with Jackson
(including I Was the Loser and Best of Joy)
- It is unknown how many tracks are complete enough to be released
- Reworked a 1986 track (Throwing Your Life Away) for the 2010 Michael album

William Adams (will.i.am)
- Wrote six tracks together throughout 2006 and 2008
(I'm Dreamin', Miss You, Still the King, The Future, Can You, If We Still Love)
- Four songs are complete enough to be released
(Can You and If We Still Love were never recorded)
- All songs were a collaborative effort between the two musicians

Other Artists/Producers
Charles 'Big Chuck' Stanton - claimed that he had worked with Jackson
Teddy Riley - stated that he planned to be a producer on the album

Possible song choices for albums
All in Your Name (duet with Barry Gibb)
Bottom of My Heart (produced by Brad Buxer)
Changes (produced by Brad Buxer)
Days in Gloucestershire (produced by Brad Buxer)
Don't Be Messin' (produced by Brad Buxer/Michael Durham Prince)
For the World (produced by Neff-U)
I Was the Loser (produced by Neff-U)
Light the Way (produced by Sheik Abdullah of Bahrain)
Shut Up and Dance (produced by Brad Buxer/Michael Durham Prince)
Wonderful World of Candy (duet with Nisha Kataria) (produced by Michael Jackson)

Shut up and Dance is less complete than Hollywood Tonight.
I dont think Light the Way will see the light of day.

RedOne and the Will.i.am tracks are what we should focus on, even if 2/6 Will tracks dont have vocals they should be put on the album anyway. That way they wont have to use that many unreleased tracks and they can save some for future releases.

Would love to hear these tracks one day BUT only if they were finished or in their demo form UNTOUCHED, respect to him for his last line

Back