Would fans be interested in an official MJ collectors label?

Would you like a special MJ collectors label?

• Yes

Votes: 176 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 5.7%

• Total voters
I believe in new hardcore fans in the future

I just thought if we can't ever get more full shows, I'd love just one long montage of every crowd shot (even if it was just the intro to the show where the camera pans the audience).

Just think! One long video with just the shots of the crowd before WBSS.

Does anyone remember that 32dvd/1cd bootleg package that came out a while back? How successful was that? Did anyone buy it?

Product Information/Contents:

Disc 1-7
MICHAEL JACKSON THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION MTV

DISC 8
1972 Michael Jackson 5 Paris France concert
1975 Michael Jackson 5 Mexico concert
1979 Michael Jackson 5 London U.K. destiny concert
1981 Michael Jackson 5 triumph concert
Michael Jackson 5 destiny concert feature

DISC 9
1987 Michael Jackson Brisbane Australia BAD concert

DISC 10
1987 Michael Jackson Yokohama Japan BAD concert

DISC 11
1988 Michael Jackson U.S.A. BAD concert

DISC 12
1992 Michael Jackson Live in Bucharest: Dangerous Tour

DISC 13
1993 Michael Jackson Live In Israel: Dangerous Tour
1993 Michael Jackson Live In Tokyo Japan: Dangerous Tour
Michael Jackson Dangerous Tour feature

DISC 14
1996 Michael Jackson Live In Sydney Australia: History Tour

DISC 15
1996 Michael Jackson Live In Manila Filipina: History Tour

DISC 16-17
1996 Michael Jackson Live In Seoul Korea: History Tour

DISC 18
1996 Michael Jackson Live In Romania: History Tour

DISC 19
1997 Michael Jackson Live in New Zealand: History Tour

DISC 20
1997 Michael Jackson Live In Finland: History Tour

DISC 21
1997 Michael Jackson Live in Sweden: History Tour

DISC 22
1997 Michael Jackson Live. n Copenhagen: History Tour

DISC 23
1998 Michael Jackson Live In Kuala Lumpur: History Tour

DISC 24
1999 Michael Jackson Live In Taipei: History report
1999 Michael Jackson Live. n Korea: Almsdeed Tour

DISC 25
1997 Michael Jackson Live In Munich: History Tour

DISC 26
THE ONE
Michael Jackson The 30th anniversary vocal concert

DISC 27
Michael Jackson Bad tour unleashed volume
DISC 28
TOUR 1988

DISC 29
Michael Jackson The Feature Of Stranger
Captain EO

DISC 30
MICHAEL JACKSON' MJ rise and decline
The giant star of MICHAEL JACKSON come down

DISC 31
private home movies the king of pop up close & personal

DISC 32
Michael Jackson Moonwalker

DISC 33
1979-2008, Michael Jackson the first recorded 97 songs

Great Cover, shit content! ;) dont buy

Does anyone remember that 32dvd/1cd bootleg package that came out a while back? How successful was that? Did anyone buy it?

Product Information/Contents:

Disc 1-7
MICHAEL JACKSON THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION MTV

DISC 8
1972 Michael Jackson 5 Paris France concert
1975 Michael Jackson 5 Mexico concert
1979 Michael Jackson 5 London U.K. destiny concert
1981 Michael Jackson 5 triumph concert
Michael Jackson 5 destiny concert feature

DISC 9
1987 Michael Jackson Brisbane Australia BAD concert

DISC 10
1987 Michael Jackson Yokohama Japan BAD concert

DISC 11
1988 Michael Jackson U.S.A. BAD concert

DISC 12
1992 Michael Jackson Live in Bucharest: Dangerous Tour

DISC 13
1993 Michael Jackson Live In Israel: Dangerous Tour
1993 Michael Jackson Live In Tokyo Japan: Dangerous Tour
Michael Jackson Dangerous Tour feature

DISC 14
1996 Michael Jackson Live In Sydney Australia: History Tour

DISC 15
1996 Michael Jackson Live In Manila Filipina: History Tour

DISC 16-17
1996 Michael Jackson Live In Seoul Korea: History Tour

DISC 18
1996 Michael Jackson Live In Romania: History Tour

DISC 19
1997 Michael Jackson Live in New Zealand: History Tour

DISC 20
1997 Michael Jackson Live In Finland: History Tour

DISC 21
1997 Michael Jackson Live in Sweden: History Tour

DISC 22
1997 Michael Jackson Live. n Copenhagen: History Tour

DISC 23
1998 Michael Jackson Live In Kuala Lumpur: History Tour

DISC 24
1999 Michael Jackson Live In Taipei: History report
1999 Michael Jackson Live. n Korea: Almsdeed Tour

DISC 25
1997 Michael Jackson Live In Munich: History Tour

DISC 26
THE ONE
Michael Jackson The 30th anniversary vocal concert

DISC 27
Michael Jackson Bad tour unleashed volume
DISC 28
TOUR 1988

DISC 29
Michael Jackson The Feature Of Stranger
Captain EO

DISC 30
MICHAEL JACKSON' MJ rise and decline
The giant star of MICHAEL JACKSON come down

DISC 31
private home movies the king of pop up close & personal

DISC 32
Michael Jackson Moonwalker

DISC 33
1979-2008, Michael Jackson the first recorded 97 songs

HAHHA--- I bought this. I actually split the cost with a friend and we copied the disks and shared them amongst each other.

Some of it was worth having, most of it was trash :no:

to be honest, the HIStory tour was my least favorite of all of the tours but, it was really cool to see if Michael added anything or seemed to be off cue or whatever during the different shows. i could have done without all of that. i really loved the Bad concerts, Dangerous tour features, and the Jackson 5/Jacksons tour disc. :yes:

OK, who voted NO?
BAN him!

the "not sure", get warning?

:rollin:

Should I get banned or get a warning because I still think Michael have millions of fans who are interested to hear his unreleased music and see videos?
Why should it be limited to only 5000 fans?
I believe there will be new fans too who will be interested to hear other things then Billie Jean.

Should I get banned or get a warning because I still think Michael have millions of fans who are interested to hear his unreleased music and see videos?
I believe there will be new fans too who will be interested to hear other things then Billie Jean.
Collectors label would be great because then they could release things that would normally never get released. Like more not so good quality concerts. 5000 copys would be better than not release it at all. Of course I hope they would have more copies.

Last edited:

The collectors label would be only for the stuff that would only interest die-hard fans. The Estate could still release stuff aimed at the general public at the same time.

excellent idea,they would make much more money su it would be good for them ,and also for us

I think the only label that should exist is an independent music label created by mj's children (when grown up adults)....a label that should give to charity 100% of the money made by selling mj's art !!

This label should later on, include artists that have been used and abused by the greedy music industry !!

I would most defiantly Love to see a MJ Type of label be created to produce Loads of new release's.My Dad is a HUGE Elvis Presley fan and he has Countless amounts of FTD "Follow That Dream" CD Release's Of Elvis,Which include rare outtakes Of tracks,Demo's ETC.This would be the way forward In My Opinion For the Michael Jackson Estate to gross more Fortune and I Feel leave The Fans very Satisfied.

the estate should think about a collectors label for the ending of the current Sony contract in 2017, in association with many labels including Sony of course, universal, Warner bros, Red one, Motown etc. everything Michael, for the fans! that's what should happen...

You guys are thinking collectors label as in physical releases.
I think it may be less costly to produce and maybe even more lucrative for a lot of the material to be digital download (whether through it's own site and/or iTunes).

Just to give an idea of the model for this, Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails has been doing this for the past several years.

Trent-Reznor-of-Nine-Inch-Nails-5488435.jpg

Albums: On his website, you can purchase a CD+digital download or Vinyl+digital download or only digital download (as well as being able to get the CD in stores and itunes)

Singles: You can purchase the single and a lot of times, he has the multi-track stems for people to create their own remixes

Video: In 2009, he released 3 shows worth of HD concert footage (each show had I think 5 cameras. So 30 hours of footage) for fans to download for free via bit torrent and to edit their own concert.

Now, obviously it would be different for the MJ stuff (and not free). But just imagine this:

Concerts: Various, handpicked jumbo-tron shows from all the tours for digital download. They can preface with a little note letting people know that this isn't HD picture or high quality sound mix the way a traditional concert release would be (just so people know what they're downloading). (Also, they're press-release of saying the audio is unusable just means they can't remix the audio. We all know what the soundboard mixes sound like).

Singles: Why not dig deep and put up acapellas and instrumentals for songs that never were officially released on their singles?

Film reel material: Regardless if they ever filmed Bad tour in full on film (or any other tour), they have lots of material shot on film (crowd shots, various angles of at least 2 songs from multiple shows (APOM and MITM).
Wouldn't you love just the entire raw video (no cuts/edits) from these angles, for example:

332781h.png

j62blh.png

xbei46.png

I understand preserving a legacy and sometimes less is more (in the sense of not having EVERYTHING out there), but it just seems so wasteful to leave all this stuff stowed away forever.

---
Oh my, did I really just type all this?
*passionate, I am*

this seriously needs to happen. fans should choose what they're getting..

You guys are thinking collectors label as in physical releases.
I think it may be less costly to produce and maybe even more lucrative for a lot of the material to be digital download (whether through it's own site and/or iTunes).

Just to give an idea of the model for this, Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails has been doing this for the past several years.

Trent-Reznor-of-Nine-Inch-Nails-5488435.jpg

Albums: On his website, you can purchase a CD+digital download or Vinyl+digital download or only digital download (as well as being able to get the CD in stores and itunes)

Singles: You can purchase the single and a lot of times, he has the multi-track stems for people to create their own remixes

Video: In 2009, he released 3 shows worth of HD concert footage (each show had I think 5 cameras. So 30 hours of footage) for fans to download for free via bit torrent and to edit their own concert.

Now, obviously it would be different for the MJ stuff (and not free). But just imagine this:

Concerts: Various, handpicked jumbo-tron shows from all the tours for digital download. They can preface with a little note letting people know that this isn't HD picture or high quality sound mix the way a traditional concert release would be (just so people know what they're downloading). (Also, they're press-release of saying the audio is unusable just means they can't remix the audio. We all know what the soundboard mixes sound like).

Singles: Why not dig deep and put up acapellas and instrumentals for songs that never were officially released on their singles?

Film reel material: Regardless if they ever filmed Bad tour in full on film (or any other tour), they have lots of material shot on film (crowd shots, various angles of at least 2 songs from multiple shows (APOM and MITM).
Wouldn't you love just the entire raw video (no cuts/edits) from these angles, for example:

332781h.png

j62blh.png

xbei46.png

I understand preserving a legacy and sometimes less is more (in the sense of not having EVERYTHING out there), but it just seems so wasteful to leave all this stuff stowed away forever.

---
Oh my, did I really just type all this?
*passionate, I am*

the film reels are catalogued in the archive. confirmed by david powell, i agree with what you said but their are full shows on film in the vault and they are now identified. including aintree 1988. hope we see something soon.

No. We've all decided it's a horrible idea and to never speak of it again.

2h3zzif.jpg

Don't be disrespectful. I started this thread and I'm asking anyone who hasn't chimed in if they have any interest or any more thoughts on the idea. If you have a problem with me I'll be more than happy to settle it with you via PM.

this idea has been given to the estate by several people in the submission thread, just like bad tour blu ray by mostly everyone i think :p so let's keep hope! i think a video on demand/download payed monthly by fans.. something like Netflix would be best?

There is an Elvis collector label, how is his legacy doing now?
I think that's something MJestate have to consider.
They want to earn money but also have to think of Michael´s legacy in the future, how his legacy will do after 20, 30, 50 etc years

Don't be disrespectful. I started this thread and I'm asking anyone who hasn't chimed in if they have any interest or any more thoughts on the idea. If you have a problem with me I'll be more than happy to settle it with you via PM.

You can't be serious.
Did you NOT notice my gif, implying I was kidding? It could not be any more obvious.

Does nobody here have a sense of humor? Lawd..

If you scroll up even more with my huge post in this thread, you'll obviously see I have no problem. Strange how defensive and defiant you got about absolutely nothing...

Last edited:
You can't be serious.
Did you NOT notice my gif, implying I was kidding? It could not be any more obvious.

Does nobody here have a sense of humor? Lawd..

If you scroll up even more with my huge post in this thread, you'll obviously see I have no problem. Strange how defensive and defiant you got about absolutely nothing...
I did not interpret your gif that way. Both the tone of your post and your gif seem mocking to me. But if you were joking, fine.

Back