Wyclef on Getting Choked Up Meeting Michael Jackson

Aww. I love that part around 5:55 where Clef is talking about the way MJ counted
the rhythm with his entire body. I can just imagine it......

Wyclef sure did drag out the story tho. Lol!

Thanks for posting this Word Smith Sr. :) Cool.

Didn't he once publicly claim that Michael owed him money?

Yeah, there was his claim. :sleep:

I wouldn't get all mad about nothing.
I remember the interview he did a while ago (around the 96/97 ish).

He talked about working with Mike in the studio and how great it was. But, he jokingly said that he was never paid.
HE didn't care about the money, but the STUDIO TIME is what costs money. Whether this was MJ or his labels fault, who knows.
But he certainly didn't dwell on it. It was just a funny part of the story.

@AtlasAir- I'm not mad about anything.
I do recall, somewhat, the interview you speak of. I had to search it out to refresh my memory tho.

@Troubleman :)ciao:) Maybe he did joke about it, but then there's this article
published in 2008 where Wyclef talks about "MJ owing him for work".
But he doesn't sound like he's joking nor does he sound angry about.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/wy...ent-for-michael-jackson-collaboration_1057040

From what I have seen, Wyclef has always been a fan, and is amazed by Michael.
(Like most people, lol.)

I love hearing other artists talking about MJ, so much respect there from a lot of these guys. Some of them aren't even new artists, Wyclef has been around for a long time himself and is a big well known artist and he was just in awe of MJ. I love hearing this stuff, thanks for posting.

Not that many people can say they've met Michael in a situation like that. One-on-one, relaxed, professional. I love stories like this because they are unlike any other, and there's not a lot of them. Great video.

Back