Xscape #1 on uk official top 100 albums!

SmoothMJ

Proud Member
boooooom!!

Official UK ALBUM CHARTS

#1 XSCAPE - Michael Jackson

:clap:

Great news. How many UK number 1 albums has MJ had now? Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, BOTD, Invincible, Number Ones and Xscape. That's eight. Have I missed any??

I think there was a Motown-era love songs collection in the 80s that also made number 1 in the UK album charts, which makes a total of 9. I read somewhere that he'd had ten, but I can't recall any other MJ albums reaching number 1 over here.

Great news. How many UK number 1's has MJ had? Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, BOTD, Invincible, Number Ones and Xscape. That's eight. Have I missed any??

I think there was a Motown-era love songs collection in the 80s that also made number 1 in the UK album charts, which makes 9. I read somewhere that he'd had ten, but I can't recall any other MJ albums reaching number 1 over here.

On the radio they said it was his 10th #1 album here (I haven't verified that, though).

Well done, Michael. You deserve it. :) Long live the King!

Great news. How many UK number 1's has MJ had? Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, BOTD, Invincible, Number Ones and Xscape. That's eight. Have I missed any??

TEN!

18 Greatest Hits (with J5)
Essential

Wow... ten number ones. I wonder if he's beating Madonna?

I'm such a chart nerd. lol

This is a milestone, we did it! Was expecting top 10 before it released, but I was wrong. Michael will be laughing at the Black Keys now.

Amazing truly amazing, only the King of Music could top the charts as fast as this and not be here !
So proud to be a fan right now !

Just read that Madonna has 13 UK number 1 albums, Elvis has 12. Not sure how many The Beatles had.

MJ should be beating Madge. I guess she's released more albums than him though.

Just read that Madonna has 13 UK number 1 albums, Elvis has 12. Not sure how many The Beatles had.

MJ should be beating Madge. I guess she's released more albums than him though.

Yeah, all of those artists released a lot more albums than Michael.

So so so so happy for Michael. Props to LA Reid and everyone involved for an amazing project so far.

very proud of Michael, he deserves this kinda success.. he a genius of music! his art will live on forever, Xscape is a timeless reminder of his magic.. and the fact it's NUMBER ONE makes it all the more sweeter :heart: we love you applehead.

THANK YOU UK!!!

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I COULD BURST INTO A THOUSAND PIECES.

I am keeping hope alive for a miracle on the US side.

Elvis has 11 #1 albums - 63 weeks at #1 (only with 2 albums from 1960 and 1961 he collected 40 weeks at #1 (without intention to diminish his success, the fact is there wasn't much competition in 1960/61 and music market was oriented on singles)).

The Beatles - 15 #1 albums - 174 weeks at #1 (their first album "Please Please Me" spent 30 weeks at #1 in 1963 ....)

It is difficult to compare the results achieved in different eras, for example MJ's "BAD" is one of 10 best selling albums ever in the UK but spent only 5 weeks at #1 (it had a fierce competition in 1987/88).

... and as respect77 said Michael Jackson released far fewer (studio) albums than other music greats. :)

Anyone got a list of artists with number one albums in UK? I know Robbie Williams had a lot.

WOOOW !!!

Great news!! Wonderful news!!

Anyone got a list of artists with number one albums in UK? I know Robbie Williams had a lot.
Robbie Williams 11 #1 albums (33 weeks at #1)

In UK only The Beatles, Madonna, Elvis and Robbie Williams have more #1 albums than Michael Jackson.

By the way, as a solo artist MJ scored first Top 10 on UK singles chart with single "Got to Be There" in February 1972, so with "Love Never Felt So Good" span between his first and current Top 10 is 42 years which is yet another testament of his greatness. :bow: (with The Jackson 5 he scored first Top 10 on UK singles chart in February 1970 --> 44 years ago!)

44 years ago parents of many of today's "stars" were still playing in the sandbox. :D

Thanks for the extra stats, Kikuchiyo. Possibly another record?
Cliff Richard scored first Top 10 single in UK in October 1958 and his last Top 10 was in September 2008 (almost 50 years span).
Elvis Presley scored first Top 10 single in May 1956 and the last one was in May 2005.

Regarding longest span of hit singles (Top 40, Top 20 ...) MJ hold the records in US. :)

Back