Xscape 10th Anniversary

I don’t think there’s any point in celebrating the anniversary of posthumous releases.
for Xscape there is though, with the recent boost in interest of the album thanks to Blue Gangsta and Chicago on tiktok, a single release (especially one like hot fun featuring modern artists) would do pretty well.

for Xscape there is though, with the recent boost in interest of the album thanks to Blue Gangsta and Chicago on tiktok, a single release (especially one like hot fun featuring modern artists) would do pretty well.
Thanks.
This shows the relevance and longevity of Xscape.

It's 10 years old, if they're going to do it ever now would be the time. We all know they won't though.

They'll celebrate This Is It and Cirque De Soleil, in a documentary about MICHAEL'S RECORD, why not this too then, just give me a new song or two then

Really it's more of "Would it be a success?" More than likely maybe. "Would the fans like it?"

Most "fans" don't like anything so.

A digital expanded edition of Xscape with Hot Fun is the least they could do to make a lot of money from the recent tiktok hype.

Last edited:
Yeah I still don’t think they’d do an anniversary of the posthumous albums before they do Dangerous, history and Invincible. I don’t think they should; Why not just release Hot Fun on the next project. There’s nothing really to celebrate about posthumous releases.

Yeah I still don’t think they’d do an anniversary of the posthumous albums before they do Dangerous, history and Invincible. I don’t think they should; Why not just release Hot Fun on the next project. There’s nothing really to celebrate about posthumous releases.
It's less celebrating and more, if they're gonna put out any more contemporized stuff, why not just stick with a reasonably positive name. And the momentum of a "rerelease" means it can chart better. It almost got to number 1. it's just doing more with the concept than was done. At least that's what I'd think, if I was L.A. Reid/The Estate.

Of course after the other albums, I agree.

I don’t think there would really be any momentum with a rerelease, I think putting out a single on its own or with one of the albums when he was alive would do more. Xscape had its run, the average punter doesn’t care about it.

you are all looking at this wrong i think, the estate's focus isnt the fans, its the tiktok audience they are after, look at what they dedicated a section of Thriller 40 to for god sakes, tiktok stats, polo g & BTS. Albums/deluxe editions are not on the cards for an Xscape anniversary of sorts as the estate sees how the "singles" of Blue gangsta and Chicago did on tiktok.

I 100% believe we will be getting a single like Hot Fun or something this year featuring modern artists to cash in on those successes. i can already imagine the tiktoks teasing the situation.
"MJ's out here duetting with Bruno & Rihanna in 2024 💀" or something like that hahah.

you are all looking at this wrong i think, the estate's focus isnt the fans, its the tiktok audience they are after, look at what they dedicated a section of Thriller 40 to for god sakes, tiktok stats, polo g & BTS. Albums/deluxe editions are not on the cards for an Xscape anniversary of sorts as the estate sees how the "singles" of Blue gangsta and Chicago did on tiktok.

I 100% believe we will be getting a single like Hot Fun or something this year featuring modern artists to cash in on those successes. i can already imagine the tiktoks teasing the situation.
"MJ's out here duetting with Bruno & Rihanna in 2024 💀" or something like that hahah.
Watch it will be The Weeknd on Hot Fun

Having listened to the Sly's version and the wonderful mix made by @Beano Wild, I don't have any hype for this song... pretty boring, old, it wouldn't do well in the charts and we all know that's what the Estate is all about, imho it's not a track that would appeal to young people on TikTok.

Having listened to the Sly's version and the wonderful mix made by @Beano Wild, I don't have any hype for this song... pretty boring, old, it wouldn't do well in the charts and we all know that's what the Estate is all about, imho it's not a track that would appeal to young people on TikTok.
Apparently MJ's demo is indeed very bland but the version remixed for Xscape changes the song entirely and is described as being breathtaking by the people who heard it. I'm still very interested in hearing it personally.

Apparently MJ's demo is indeed very bland but the version remixed for Xscape changes the song entirely and is described as being breathtaking by the people who heard it. I'm still very interested in hearing it personally.
D’Angelo, Mary, J Blige, Eric Leeds, Pino Palladino, & Jesse Johnson were all on the remixed version of Hot Fun. Top musician’s and absolute shame it hasn’t been released.

D’Angelo, Mary, J Blige, Eric Leeds, Pino Palladino, & Jesse Johnson were all on the remixed version of Hot Fun. Top musician’s and absolute shame it hasn’t been released.
Maybe it will leak this year

It's the one "comtemporization" that wasn't in the hands of modern pop star producers, for better or worse.

If they ever do another album please don’t do it like Xscape..

Safe to say it would probably be the most authentic remix too. It was tastefully done apparently.
I don't think authentic is the word, but definitely it would appeal to people who don't like the overly modern pop. MJ was eclectic enough to do any genre in my mind.

but it had the original versions

yes but on the wrong CD.

It should be like that:

CD 1: Originals (also standalone vinyl of the originals)
CD 2: Remixes for youngsters (and if needed also a standalone as vinyl or simply a 2 Vinyl set)

what they did with Xscape was the opposite:
Selling the remixes as the real songs, promoting the remixes and don't even put the originals on the vinyl.

yes but on the wrong CD.

It should be like that:

CD 1: Originals (also standalone vinyl of the originals)
CD 2: Remixes for youngsters (and if needed also a standalone as vinyl or simply a 2 Vinyl set)

what they did with Xscape was the opposite:
Selling the remixes as the real songs, promoting the remixes and don't even put the originals on the vinyl.
that as a project isnt profitable though. like it or not, the old heads are becoming the minority when it comes to MJ, the amount of teenagers that love MJ now is insane.

that as a project isnt profitable though. like it or not, the old heads are becoming the minority when it comes to MJ, the amount of teenagers that love MJ now is insane.

i don't care..
just because something is more profitable doesn't make it right or better.

We're talking about Michael Jackson. Everything with his name on prints money. That's why I don't understand the Estates hesitant behavior. What are they waiting for? Jesus return?

We're talking about Michael Jackson. Everything with his name on prints money. That's why I don't understand the Estates hesitant behavior. What are they waiting for? Jesus return?
You know exactly what they're waiting for.

Back