Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

He will never be number 1 in the US. After the new allegation, the album will drop quickly. and the 5th anniversary in june will be overshadow by the trial. That`s very sad. It`s hard to be an MJ fan, ask yourself: Who will bye records by an alleged child-molester?

They will have one hour or more, depending what time MJ's segment airs.

In America (For some unexplained reason) Chart week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. But most records are released on Tueday, missing that first day sale in their premiere week. Coldplay will bypass that rule and release their album this coming Monday.

you can't seriously expect the label to keep throwing money at this project if they won't have a sizable return. The millions they already spent to produce the record and all the huge marketing, all that resulted in 150K sale in US and maybe 40K in UK (the two biggest markets). I believe they will pull back, unless LNFSG picks up some steam and become a hit, that could sustain album sale.

Similar to what happened with "Michael". It is sad because LA Reid , who just started at Epic, took a huge gamble with this project. we can't expect these huge scale projects if fans don't fully support them. I am sure black Keys label didn't spend half as much money on their album as Epic did on MJ's.

I hope US fans are able to turn this around during the next 5 days.

EDIT:

OK...I just re-read my post and it came off a bit more negative than I intended. Xscape is not a failure far from it, being #1 in over 50 countries and #2 in US, Germany (if those stand)...is a great achievement considering the negative press and critics who don't agree with posthumous CDs. Xscape has already exceeded "Michael", if not by numbers, by the enormous positive press coverage.

This is more an indictment of the current music market and fans who claim to want large scale projects, but are not willing to put their money where their mouth is. And no need to mention boycotters, because Xscape through its global success has proven they may be a vocal group but hold little to no power.

Do you honestly think Sony are doing this all for one weeks sales?

This album is going to have more than one single. It's going to be a longer term project than the previous album.

Also, I don't think Sony mind where the sales come from. This album is going to sell big 'worldwide'. Unlike the black keys. :cheeky:

It is sad though that MJ's own "fans" are his biggest enemy. He would be crushed to see that. So many boycotters and Karen Faye spreading false propaganda and thousands of people are falling for it!

It is sad though that MJ's own "fans" are his biggest enemy. He would crushed to see that. Some many boycotters and Karen Faye spreading false propaganda and thousands of people are falling for it!

I think "thousands" is way over estimating it.

LNFSG is back in the top 10 on the US iTunes (at #8) - hopefully it stays there and helps the album sales a bit!

What more can we as fans do to help sales and promotion?

1. Fighting with boycotters and Karen Faye is pointless. So that should be ignored and concentrate on something constructive.

2. Worrying and preoccupation over Diane Diamond & TMZ bullcrap story and responding to those stories is also pointless because the Estate will take care of that in court and win easily.

3. How can we reach to more people in UK & US? Maybe by sending tweets to family members and celebrities and ask for retweets. Their positive opinion would help for sure.

4. Requesting the songs on radio always help.

5. Leaving positive reviews on itunes, amazon, other stores and websites..

What more?

LNFSG is back in the top 10 on the US iTunes (at #8) - hopefully it stays there and helps the album sales a bit!

Already? I was expecting this but not so soon. Great news!

What more can we as fans do to help sales and promotion? Good question. But no answer. I think giving the single more time at radio would have helped. Right now, sales are fed by MJ's name & maybe streams but if we had a huge single, sales could have been better..or not.

1. Fighting with boycotters and Karen Faye is pointless.They are non issue

So that should be ignored and concentrate on something constructive.

2. Worrying and preoccupation over Diane Diamond & TMZ bullcrap story and responding to those stories is also pointless because the Estate will take care of that in court and win easily. This. fans & TMZ seem to be the only one vested in this

3. How can we reach to more people in UK & US? Maybe by sending tweets to family members and celebrities and ask for retweets. Their positive opinion would help for sure. Oh god....please spare me the family. we can't trash them one day and beg for their help the next. Besides family hold little influence on the public. The general public hold the Jacksons in contempt, far worse than the fans. Waste of time.

Bieber fans hate the Black Keys because they have insulted Justin a few times. They could have definitely used this opportunity to go after tbk, But I think MJ stans have burned those bridges after the STTR leaked

4. Requesting the songs on radio always help. YES

5. Leaving positive reviews on itunes, amazon, other stores and websites.. Yes

What more? search Xscape on twitter and encourage those who post positive comments on the songs, just from listening to streams to buy the album.

"Bieber fans hate the Black Keys because they have insulted Justin a few times. They could have definitely used the opportunity to go after tbk, But I think MJ stans have burned those bridges after the STTR leaked"

Yeah, Bieber is a douche, but he never insulted Michael or said anything against him like that bastard from TBK. (I still don't want Bieber on Slave remix) But maybe Bieber fans can help if they hate TBK and buy Xscape.

YOUR ONE-DAYS: After one full day of sales, it's a nail-biter for #1 on next week's chart.

The Black Keys (Nonesuch/Warner Bros.) 145-155k
Michael Jackson (Epic) 140-150k
Rascal Flatts (Big Machine) 60-65k
Dolly Parton (Sony Masterworks) 35-40k
Tori Amos (Mercury Classics) 16-18k
Michael W. Smith (Sparrow) 14-16k
Chromeo (Atlantic) 13-15k

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong but, are'nt they just talking about 'one day' sales? The pre-orders are'nt included yet so we won't know the true outcome just yet.

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong but, are'nt they just talking about 'one day' sales? The pre-orders are'nt included yet so we won't know the true outcome just yet.

Yes they are included. From pre-orders & Tuesday's sale, they made the projections for the whole week. And unless there is a major unforeseen event, HDD are pretty reliable. On Friday, they will release updated projections that should be more accurate because we will have 3-day sales data.

Omg I hope MJ sneaks into the #1 spot :( Come on all you US fans let's make this MJ's 7th #1 album in the US. His lucky number. It would be a real shame if MJ lost by only 5000 copies. It's within reach.

Yeah, Bieber is a douche, but he never insulted Michael or said anything against him like that bastard from TBK. (I still don't want Bieber on Slave remix) But maybe Bieber fans can help if they hate TBK and buy Xscape.

Won't work, Bieber fans are not old enough to own their own money yet :/

LNFSG Billboard Digital Song: #6

#1 Ariana Grande & Iggy Azalea - Problem 235K
#2 Azalea Grande - Fancy 216K
#3 Pharrell - Happy 156K
#4 John Legend - All of Me 144K
#5 DJ Snake & Lil Jon - Turn Down for What 130K
#6 Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake - Love Never Felt So Good 101K
#7 Jason Derulo - Wiggle 940K
#8 Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong 940K
#9 Coldplay - A Sky Full of Stars 870K
#10 Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty 830K

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...ow-50-bumps-frozen-from-no-1-on-billboard-200

Omg I hope MJ sneaks into the #1 spot :( Come on all you US fans let's make this MJ's 7th #1 album in the US. His lucky number. It would be a real shame if MJ lost by only 5000 copies. It's within reach.

And by MJ haters!

Well I don't get paid until Friday so that's when I'm getting pre-ordered deluxe version from iTunes and a physical deluxe from Walmart or Target most likely..

Plus then there's the big performance on the billboard awards leaving a full day for people to see it Sunday night (or on YouTube at their work desk on Monday morning) and be able to download/buy the album...

Hi everyone and thanks for the updates. Xscape should be there at #1 I hope if it didn't do it at 1st week it will later. I think 5-10k should be easily achievable in the US for a day sales! Fingers crossed

Its already Thursday, we still don't know LNFSG's position?

I heard it is down slightly.

But it should climb again next week after good sales, new video, and increasing airplay! :yes:

This song is a long way from being over in the US! :chillin:

Back