Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

Patrick Carney what a disrespectful prick! I don't even know who Black Keys are but take this you asshole!

In my country is #1 beating Black Keys. And the LNFSG duet is now #8. :sarmoti:

What the :censored: is wrong with the US? I better wake up to good news tomorrow...

I just ordered 2 copies (contemporized & Deluxe) on Amazon US. I hope they dispatch them before sunday so they are added to this week's chart.

Tomorrow around noon HDD will issue their first full projections *fingers crossed*

I just ordered 2 copies (contemporized & Deluxe) on Amazon US. I hope they dispatch them before sunday so they are added to this week's chart.

Tomorrow around noon HDD will issue their first full projections *fingers crossed*

Yes, fingers crossed :)

Solitary Wicked ;) @SolitaryWitchin · 36 Min.

Feel the power of @michaeljackson's fandom. The King is on his throne, STILL... #1 on Amazon US!!!
Bnkdy1YIYAAqPqp.jpg:large

Also in USA itunes the Deluxe is #2 and the Standard is #16. Combined with the #1 place in Amazon I think it's in with a good shot! C'Mon USA and UK #1's.

The Black Keys, Michael Jackson Album Sales Pacing for 125-150K By Brian Cantor | May 13, 2014
The fight for number one on next week’s album sales chart is officially underway.

In one corner is “Turn Blue,” the latest from high-profile rock act The Black Keys.

In the other corner? “Xscape,” the second posthumous collection of unreleased Michael Jackson tracks.

The battle is going to be close. So close, in fact, that Hits Daily Double’s forecasts do not yet reveal a clear victor.

Based on early returns, all that is clear is that both albums will sell in the 125-150,000 range. Enough to assure the two albums will be competing for the top two slots on next week’s Billboard 200, the totals nonetheless represent significantly declines from the acts’ preceding releases.

The Black Keys’ 2011 release “El Camino” moved 206,000 copies in its first week of release. “Michael,” the first posthumous collection of the pop icon’s tunes, garnered 228,000 first week sales.

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2014/05/13/black-keys-michael-jackson-album-sales-pacing-125-150k/

Michael Jackson Storms Digital Charts With “Xscape” / #1 In Over 50 Countries & Counting…

Read more: http://thatgrapejuice.net/2014/05/mi...#ixzz31fLWU5xX

That MJ reign just won’t let up.

Indeed, after winning over fans and critics alike with his latest single “Love Never Felt So Good” (ft. Justin Timberlake), King of Pop Michael Jackson is poised to reign over charts once more with its parent album “Xscape”.

Not even a full 24 hours since its official release, the album is already soaring to the top of digital charts worldwide. As of time reporting, the album boasts supremacy over 50 countries’ chart tallies on its path to global domination including.

With United Kingdom, Japan, and France amongst countries helping launch “Xscape” into the stratosphere, will the United States follow suit? Tell us your thoughts below:

As of time reporting, United States iTunes chart sees The Black Keys fending off MJ from the top spot listed at #2. But, will the Keys be able to hold off the musical monarch all week?

Time will tell. In the meantime, while we await official predictions from trusted industry sources Hits Daily Double and Billboard, you tell us:

Vote over the Link, if you want...

I don't know how Black keys or Coldplay is any competition to Michael?
Their album is no 1 in 3 countries, same with Coldplay and Xscape is no 1 in 53 countries.

When we get to official charting from UK, I think we get BB tomorrow?

Black Keys are the competion for Michael in USA and UK.
Goldplay-Album is coming next week and it is sure they will take then the number one 1 spot in most countries. They habe so much pre-selling, over weeks on number wordwide i-tunes and top-spots on Amazon.

Last edited:
Please tell me

For UK, US and other countries

will the Deluxe and standard editions be counted separately when the chart is going to reveal?

or they counted as one? Because the combination may help MJ get No.1.

For sure Coldplay will be #1 everwhere when their album is released but, if MJ can get to #1 for this week - and sell well for a few months to come - I won't give a damn about that. :cheeky:

US
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1 in Music up 1

UK
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3 in Music = same

Canada
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1 in Music up 4

France
Classement des meilleures ventes d'Amazon: 1 en Musique

Germany
Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 5 in Musik same

Italy
Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon: n. 2 in Musica up 2

Mexico
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1 in Music up 1

Spain
Clasificación en los más vendidos de Amazon: nº1 en Música

India
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #9 in Music

Autralia
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1 in Music

I assume I got this correctly:)
Japan
Amazon ベストセラー商品ランキング: 音楽 - 11位

Last edited:
Bubs;4004958 said:
Their album is no 1 in 3 countries, same with Coldplay and Xscape is no 1 in 53 countries.

When we get to official charting from UK, I think we get BB tomorrow?

Most of those countries represent close to insignificant sale. The top countries are USA, UK, Germany, France. That's why in order to have significant sale, he needs take those top countries, Germany will go to a local act, but I think MJ will have France, and today we will know about UK & US, Unless the US is still too close too call.

Based on early returns, all that is clear is that both albums will sell in the 125-150,000 range. Enough to assure the two albums will be competing for the top two slots on next week’s Billboard 200, the totals nonetheless represent significantly declines from the acts’ preceding releases.

The Black Keys’ 2011 release “El Camino” moved 206,000 copies in its first week of release. “Michael,” the first posthumous collection of the pop icon’s tunes, garnered 228,000 first week sales.

True, but in MJ's case it might have more to do with the "Michael" Scandal and some in the public being cynical about posthumous releases. I was hoping for 200K, but Michael was 4 years ago, during xmas season (when sales are usually higher due to holiday shopping). I think the music video may help & BBMA (even though it is on Sunday, last day of this week sale for the BB200) might squeak in a few downloads on iTunes.

LNFSG is going back up again #12 & #39

Itunes Updates:

#12 LNFSG Duet (+4)
#39 LNFSG Solo (I think this is the highest it's ever been)

#2 Xscape Deluxe
#15 Xscape
#21 Numbers Ones
#77 The Essential

Itunes Canada (Both albums in top 10)

#2 Xscape Deluxe
#10 Xscape

Amazon Canada

#1 Xscape Deluxe (But TBK have 2 albums in top 3)
#31 Xscape

Bnlm0a1IYAAdvPJ.jpg

Last edited:
Xscape will be number 1 worldwide i feel it in my bones.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Most of those countries represent close to insignificant sale. The top countries are USA, UK, Germany, France. That's why in order to have significant sale, he needs take those top countries, Germany will go to a local act, but I think MJ will have France, and today we will know about UK & US, Unless the US is still too close too call.

True, but in MJ's case it might have more to do with the "Michael" Scandal and some in the public being cynical about posthumous releases. I was hoping for 200K, but Michael was 4 years ago, during xmas season (when sales are usually higher due to holiday shopping). I think the music video may help & BBMA (even though it is on Sunday, last day of this week sale for the BB200) might squeak in a few downloads on iTunes.

Sales generally went down a LOT even since 2010. It's not just MJ or the Black Keys. It's the whole music industry. People now go to Spotify and listen to music there.

No wonder that Black keys drummer is pissed off, if they get beaten twice by MJ and his posthumous album.

I think Xscape has a good chance, because its all round appeal to many type of listeners, whereas The Black Keys are more directed to certain type of listeners. I might be talking nonsense as I have never heard single song from them, but somehow I have it my mind they are rock band similar to Green Day?

Addition, Xscape needs more articles like this that as many people as possible take a notice:

Michael Jackson's posthumous album Xscape No.1 in over 50 countries
By Amy Davidson
Wednesday, May 14 2014, 10:34 BST

Michael Jackson's posthumous album Xscape has soared to number one in the digital charts in over 50 countries.

The anticipated album was released on Monday (May 12) in the UK and yesterday (May 13) in the United States.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/n...-countries.html#~oEed94yWu4vU3W#ixzz31gLbv7m5

I think, in order to predict the longevity of this album we really need to ask ourselves. Is this album selling right now because it's Michael Jackson or is it selling because of the music, detached from the artist and collaborators?

If it's the former, then even debuting at number one means very little as it will slide very quickly. If it's the latter, then and only then will this project have legs.

I'm saying this because a lot of the time I'm hearing people saying we need to promote Michael's new album, but I think that's not the way to go. If you want people to join the ride then promote the songs themselves.

That's my two cents. I want to know what you guys think of this?

Promotion is key for everything these days, that's why companies spend millions on it, but especially for an artist that has passed.

Once the album is in the public conciousness, and the tracks get played, they will then realise how good it is, and sales will continue for many months.

Good/great albums an be ignored if not promoted, in place of poorer albums with good promotion. It helps enormously if you are young, good looking and, - in the case of some young, good looking women - you are prepared to 'flaunt' it.

That's the way the world works I'm afraid. MJ needs a lot of promotion if this album is going to be appreciated by the wider public. It's had a verygood start!

I think, in order to predict the longevity of this album we really need to ask ourselves. Is this album selling right now because it's Michael Jackson or is it selling because of the music, detached from the artist and collaborators?

If it's the former, then even debuting at number one means very little as it will slide very quickly. If it's the latter, then and only then will this project have legs.

I'm saying this because a lot of the time I'm hearing people saying we need to promote Michael's new album, but I think that's not the way to go. If you want people to join the ride then promote the songs themselves.

That's my two cents. I want to know what you guys think of this?

Yes, you are right, it will eventually come down to the singles and how much they are able to generate new interest in the album.

But to be honest the record business generally is at an all time low. Albums do not sell very well any more. I think L.A. Reid even commented that it's more about strengthening the MJ brand than the sales itself. Artists these days make money of touring, not really of record sales. Of course, great sales are great for the record company, but it's also about strengthening the brand with positive vibe, keeping the artist in the public eye etc.

I feel this album can be a big hit. The way LA Reid and his staff put this cd together is just awesome imo.
Look at the first 8 songs on this cd it has a up tempo beat that the new genration can related to where as the same 8 songs on this cd are songs we as the old genration can related to and i like the way LA Reid did that these are song that was left the way Michael has left them and i love that their kept Michael alive. I get so angry when ppls try to finish Michael's songs and make a mess of it. That why i feel this cd can be a big hit and i hope ppls will go out and buy it and make it number 1.

Last edited:
Yes, you are right, it will eventually come down to the singles and how much they are able to generate new interest in the album.

But to be honest the record business generally is at an all time low. Albums do not sell very well any more. I think L.A. Reid even commented that it's more about strengthening the MJ brand than the sales itself. Artists these days make money of touring, not really of record sales. Of course, great sales are great for the record company, but it's also about strengthening the brand with positive vibe, keeping the artist in the public eye etc.

I agree with this.

This is for @Spyce

Good Morning!! Know that while you were sleeping, MJ overtook The Black Keys on Amazon US

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifdjs5xds6vbcrq/Screenshot 2014-05-14 00.32.57.png

We are going for iTunes!! The album is getting lots of positive buzz so I expect longevity

Thanks :) I saw that when I woke up. In fact, I went to iTunes and Amazon before even thinking about MJJC :lol:

Anyway, I am STOKED that he's #1 on Amazon- seriously, I couldn't be happier :clapping: :jump: iTunes though... that's still getting to me. In fact, he dropped this morning and currently sits at #3.

Now, I do understand that according to the worldwide iTunes charts, he is #1- and in my opinion, he's done it, he has a #1 album! :) But, I dunno, maybe it's just me... but when I sign into my iTunes and I see him sitting at any position other than #1, my heart just sinks a little.

Like it matters though anyway- right? He beats everybody- he is the best. Why do I need some chart to confirm that for me? :D

Thanks :) I saw that when I woke up. In fact, I went to iTunes and Amazon before even thinking about MJJC :lol:

Anyway, I am STOKED that he's #1 on Amazon- seriously, I couldn't be happier :clapping: :jump: iTunes though... that's still getting to me. In fact, he dropped this morning and currently sits at #3.

Now, I do understand that according to the worldwide iTunes charts, he is #1- and in my opinion, he's done it, he has a #1 album! :) But, I dunno, maybe it's just me... but when I sign into my iTunes and I see him sitting at any position other than #1, my heart just sinks a little.

Like it matters though anyway- right? He beats everybody- he is the best. Why do I need some chart to confirm that for me? :D

I just saw that on twitter. I hope (and believe) he will go back up again. Next hurdle is HDD later this morning. *Fingers crossed*

Back