Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

This sucks... But I still think the album will sell for a while, so who knows... And the single has a shot on Hot 100 as well.

Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake's "Love Never Felt So Good" is pushed back one spot, but increases in sales, with 110,000 (up 9 percent).

^^

Oh ok. Thought they had updated the chart as well.

Guys, this is isn't that tragic. Sure it would have been nice to have a US #1 for MJ, but it's not like he's alive to promote it. I think it will eventually outsell the Black Keys album because it will have more longevity on the charts due to the singles. I know it would have sounded better to say it's a#1 album, but oh well.

I deeply apologies for my emotional post but at this moment I want to slap ALL “boycotters” on their faces !!!

I myself don't pay charts to much attention these days. If I like it I buy it. However in this case when you have people who say they were Michael's friends telling people not to by the CD because the estate is greedy and when you have certain family members going out of there way to undercut everything the estate does I am happy for number 2. See, Michael did not just have to worry about haters he had to worry about so called friends and so called loved ones

Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake's "Love Never Felt So Good" is pushed back one spot, but increases in sales, with 110,000 (up 9 percent).

How is it possible that it sells 110,000 copies and it's only #23?

I mean here are the other sales:

Over on the Digital Songs chart, Ariana Grande's "Problem," featuring Iggy Azalea, holds at No. 1 for a third week, selling 248,000 downloads (up 5 percent). Azalea is also steady at No. 2 with her own song, "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX (234,000; up 8 percent). Both tunes were performed in a medley on the May 18 Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs) -- and May 18 was the final day of the tracking week.

Another BBMAs-performed cut, John Legend's "All Of Me," rises 4-3 with 158,000 (up 10 percent). Pharrell's "Happy" drops 3-4 with 130,000 (down 17 percent), DJ Snake & Lil Jon's "Turn Down For What" is a non-mover at No. 5 with 121,000 (down 7 percent). Nico & Vinz's "Am I Wrong" continues its climb, rising 8-6 with 115,000 (up 23 percent).

Jason Derulo's "Wiggle," featuring Snoop Dogg, is also pushed down a rung, but gains: 109,00 for the week (up 16 percent).

Pop/rock quartet 5 Seconds of Summer nets its second top 10 on the Digital Songs chart with "Don't Stop," which bows at No. 9 with 91,000. Derulo is in the top 10 once more, with "Talk Dirty," featuring 2 Chainz, staying put at No. 10 with 85,000 (up 4 percent).

They say 5 Seconds of Summer is in the Top 10 with 91,000 copies sold, yet LNFSG is #23 with 110,000 sold? I don't get it.

You fans are too much. Until it's in stone why are all you bringing so much negative energy to this forum. Look here. Official from Daily hits double. Read it and weep Wooooooooo http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09882m01 Long live the King

HDD is not a reliable source, they are only estimates. And as proof, Billboard has posted officially (not the chart, but in an article) that Xscape is #2 while HDD claims #1. Now, you can believe whichever source you want, but I am going with Billboard.

How many people live in the US, sales of only 157,000, seem very low to me. The music business seems to be in a very sad place.

Last edited:
Still for Michael the charts were extremely important. Again another proof about the family and their followers loyalty toward Michael as well as total lack of common sense...

Hi Everyone! I am new to the board. Fan since 1989 lol:rofl:
It was finally time to post. :blush:

I'm very happy with the XSCAPE album!

First, I think we can't call Black Key shit keys and blame them for whatever. We have to blame ourselves for not buying it. Lots of people sell albums even in 2014 - Timberlake, Adele, Pharell, Beyoncé etc. So can MJ - because all of these were previously unreleased songs.

Anyway, I went to the Immortal Cirque show the weekend before the official release date of XSCAPE. The crowd was mainly in their 40s , very few 20s and more 30s. The XSCAPE album cover was printed on a piece of paper and posted on each of the entrances. It was advertised as a free album with any purchase of $20. YES GETTING THE ALBUM BEFORE THE OFFICIAL RELEASE IN THE USA!

Most people there were dressed to the hilt...the ladies wearing fancy shoes ;)hmm lol Anyway, once the show was over only a couple could be seen among hundreds holding an album and walking to their cars. In the intermission, the Cirque show did a great marketing campaign. The album was advertised as "XSCAPE" on the big screen, and some of the songs were played. Unfortunately, the PA system could not handle the hard songs like XSCAPE and was not high quality. Love Never Felt So good came on and a guy in Billie Jean clothing tried to teach the crowd to dance and clap along. He pulled a kid who was dressed in MJ outfit to come up and dance on stage! That was the best part!! The other songs had to be played on the actual sound system...Stupid mistake on Cirque.

At the merchandise store, there were two special tables selling only "programs" for $20 with free deluxe album. Few of them picked it up. I saw a great response for these programs. I didn't care much because it had one page dedicated for lawyers and the estate. I got a journal, magnet, lanyard and album for $20. I also had ordered on amazon.

Anyway, we have to blame ourselves. We have 20,000 people for each cirque show . However, the total number sold is less than 150K (Counting in all the double purchases). All the "Fancy" people could not drop $20 for all of this - it was a good deal too.

Anyway , I continue my support for new MJ albums! Ready for the next!

Last edited:
Sales figures are not what they used to be.
People purchase mostly online these days but apart from that there is no quality music anymore!

respect77;4011030 said:
How is it possible that it sells 110,000 copies and it's only #23?
I mean here are the other sales:
They say 5 Seconds of Summer is in the Top 10 with 91,000 copies sold, yet LNFSG is #23 with 110,000 sold? I don't get it.
That’s the digital songs chart, where LNFSG moves from #6 to #7, and 5 Seconds of Summer is #9. The #23 probably means LNFSG's position on Billboard Hot 100, but I can't seem to find where it says that in the BB article. What am I missing?

Last edited:
Sunwalker7;4011038 said:
That’s the digital songs chart, where LNFSG moves from #6 to #7, and 5 Seconds of Summer is #9. LNFSG is apparently #23 on Billboard Hot 100, although I don’t see where that’s mentioned in the BB article.

How can there be such a big difference between the digital songs chart and Hot 100? I mean most song sales come from digital sales now, it's not like lots of people buy CD singles these days. I know streaming and radio play counts on the Hot 100 as well but it's been streaming well (the video has over 11 million views, the audio JT version almost 10 million, the audio solo version 1.7 million views. That's almost 23 million for streaming). Also the radio play updates looked good. So I don't buy it's #23. I think whoever said it's #23 just took the info from the article that it's down one place and combined it with the fact that it was #22 last week on the Hot 100. I would be very surprised if it was only #23 with that good sales, good streaming and good radio play.

Yeah I didn't even see billboards article till after I posted. But wooooooooow im so heartbroken. What a kick in the groin. Shamon for god sakes US you guys SUCK!!!!. I cannot believe with all the promotion the hologram and everything and still they couldint hit #1. Call me crazy , but couldint black keys just get people from there camp to go out and buy 100s of albums? Therefore giving them #1 and also adding to future sales. Because when people find out an album has gone to #1 it usually generates more sales especially since it a black keys first #1. Im actually a little depressed right now. Coldplay coming in next week and the majority of the promotion for mj album is over I think its safe to say Xscape I sent going to #1 in the US and is probably gonna fall off the face of the earth seeing as Michael Jackson Is not here to promote it with ground breaking music videos , world tours, public appearances, etc. This is truly a dark day. For me personally it went from very excited and soooo happy and anxious about this album , to really not caring as much now that we've had the album for weeks and played it a million times had a hologram and getting to #2 after all that. There is really nothing to look forward too. Except sit back. Sorry if i sound like a broken record , im just very passionate because Michael always wanted to get the top spot. If he didn't hit #1 with this album of good music and great promotion its pretty much guaranteed this the last big project we will ever see from Michael Jackson posthumously to have a chance at #1. GOT DANG IT!! Im sooo sad and empty

I'm so proud of Michael and Xscape. Michael is music, rhythm, innovation, dancing, art and that's what matters the most!
None of these groups and solo artists last for long and we know it.
Michael was is and will always be eternal!
They can enjoy their No1 while we can enjoy the KING of music!
I love you Michael!!!

Chart positions mean absolutely nothing, except as silly bragging rights for fans : "yeah, we're number one, you other guys suck!" They're especially meaningless when the album is relased when there isn't much competition.

What matters is sales. And Xscape is not getting particularly good sales. It sold considerably less copies in its first week than the Michael album in 2010.

Deeply irritating to lose out to the bk and their annoying drummer, but mj's is THE global artist without equal and he'll slay the worldwide album charts.

What matters is sales. And Xscape is not getting particularly good sales. It sold considerably less copies in its first week than the Michael album in 2010
You can't compare the 2. 'Michael' came out in the busiest week for buying, just before xmas. This quarter for the music biz is really slow by comparison.

Back