Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

I dont think we should trash american fans/public and saying "they suck" or whatever. Thats not nice since we have many of them here and they did their best to promote the album. I agree it would've been nice for MJ have that position on the charts since its his home country and that it would be nice to feel some love from the US but it is what it is now. I agree that longevity and sales is what we should focus on now.

Thanks to all the US fans that fought hard to get MJ to #1.

Shoutout to Petrarose (you are a rock!!), Earthlyme and Memefan... sorry if I forgot to mention anyone.

I agree. Blaming the US fans or w.e. isn't really the right way to respond to this situation. Personally, I bought a bunch of Xscape Albums to give to family members and I KNOW Petrarose bought a lot of albums on iTunes as a gift to people- 8 of them people I know. And it's so much we can do to get the album #1. Yes, the race was tight and Michael got #2... and in NO way did he lose to them because like other members here mentioned, Michael is #1 all over the world and thats not something the Sh*+ keys can do about it.

So congrats Michael on your #2 Debute in the US. It would've been grate if you were #1(you're always #1) but I'll settle for this too. :D

Thanks for the shoutout Vici ;)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

US fans are GREAT! Thank you all. The problem is with general US people and especially stupid boycotters. Also Michael's haters (ex-friends) didn't help either Karen Faye, Bad tour guitarist, Jerm JacksUn...

Extremely poor quality VHS. All other stuff was great. That VHS should have remained in the vaults FOREVER.

Really- are you talking about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-3aPvYkkA?

Wow. Guess I'm a rare one then. I never got to see Michael when he was touring during the Bad days- I was only 4 at the time, lol- so when I saw those performances I was blown away. The quality of the tape (which I did not think was all that bad to begin with) meant nothing. Being able to see Michael meant everything and his performance was just... like I said. I was blown away, and I cried.

Really- are you talking about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-3aPvYkkA?

Wow. Guess I'm a rare one then. I never got to see Michael when he was touring during the Bad days- I was only 4 at the time, lol- so when I saw those performances I was blown away. The quality of the tape (which I did not think was all that bad to begin with) meant nothing. Being able to see Michael meant everything and his performance was just... like I said. I was blown away, and I cried.

It could have been done better, just like the "hologram" thing, just like the MICHAEL album, just like the Vision DVD with youtube quality videos...

Chart News @chartnews · 2 Std.

Billboard 200: #28 @MichaelJackson, Number Ones 9,441 (5,041,033 total).

Pharrell's latest album:

"In the United States, the album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, selling 113,000 copies.[40] In its second week the album dropped to number five on that chart, selling 45,000 more copies.".

Thank you for this information. Take a look here everyone. Pharell is so hyped right now. It started with his collaboration with Robin Thicke for 'Blurred Lines", then he won all those Grammys with Daft Punk. He is basically everywhere (including talkshows) and his songs are constantly played on the radio. I hear the song "Happy" everyday on the radio and everytime Ive gone clubbing these past months they have played that song. The song has been out for 19 weeks now (released in november 2013) and charted at #1 on the Billboard charts, yet Pharell sold less albums than Michael did.

Last edited:
Thankyou for this information about the Pharell-album.
Yes I think fans are really overdramatic because it is only place 2. If MJ hat the number 1 spot with only 500 albums in lead fans would be over-entusiatic despite the facst the the total number were not really a big difference.

Yes, mainly a psychological thing. Unfortunately it is also for the general public - being #1 could have generated more sales in the next weeks than being #2. So mainly it would have been great as a marketing tool, but otherwise there is not much difference between the #1 and #2 in sales figures in this case. Actually it surpassed initial projections which were around 130K if I remember correctly.

It's no blame to US Fans on anything... It's the lack of fans in the US due to the medis potrail of him and the fact Michael himself did not tour the US skipped promotion in the US (understandably) since the late 80s... Unless a fan flew to another country, was present at 1995 award show, or was present at 30th anniversary many many fans never got to see him perform live..

You our can belittle the power of that but you have 60k+ on a stadium + how many states.. See him perform live, that leaves a lasting impression on hundreds of thousands of people and that effects there children (today's audience)

It's no blame to US Fans on anything... It's the lack of fans in the US due to the medis potrail of him and the fact Michael himself did not your the US skipped promotion in the US (understandably) since the late 80s... Unless a fan flew to another country, was present at 1995 award show, or was present at 30th anniversary many many fans never got to see him perform live..

You our can belittle the power of that but you have 60k+ on a stadium + how many states.. See him perform live, that leaves a lasting impression on hundreds of thousands of people and that effects there children (today's audience)

Yes, I agree and with the tour thing I don't know why he didn't tour the US after the Bad Tour. Yes, allegations... but he didn't even tour the US pre allegations on the Dangerous tour. Yes, Dangerous sold slightly less in the US than Bad but it was still a good seller, there was demand and a fan base there. And exactly touring the US could have added a couple of more million to the sales and make it surpass Bad.

157,000 is nothing to be ashamed of these days. But I am gutted that he finished second to this trash talking band. Seriously, they need to show more respect to this musical legend and pioneer. He is one of the reasons that today's performers like these jackasses receive a bigger % of their record sales. I am also shocked that this band sold so many albums during the weekend when the latest projection on Friday was lower than this. I guess their begging and complaining to their fans paid off. Still, Michael will definitely be number 1 in the worldwide chart which ultimately is the most important

Who has the #1 spot? I haven't checked all the new posts. Being #2 with a posthumous album is pretty impressive, I admit but I'd feel angry if Shit Keys won.

I feel like I did after the 2000 US presidential election. Sometimes the bad guys win.

Xscape Chart Positions:

UK #1
France #1
Spain #1
Denmark #1
Belgium (Flanders) #1
Belgium (Wallonia) #1
US #2
Germany #2
Austria #2
Switzerland #2
Netherlands #2
Australia #3
Sweden #3
Scotland #3
Ireland #4
New Zealand #5
Czech Republic #10

Not confirmed (source needed):

Russia #1
Mexico #1
Israel #1

It's no blame to US Fans on anything... It's the lack of fans in the US due to the medis potrail of him and the fact Michael himself did not tour the US skipped promotion in the US (understandably) since the late 80s... Unless a fan flew to another country, was present at 1995 award show, or was present at 30th anniversary many many fans never got to see him perform live..

So true.

I'll say this in the US while love never felt so good got some rotation on the radio it wasn't until the hologram performance that people here really knew about new mj music released... When I read responses to it on many social media sites it's clear they didn't know mj music was out there til the news started talking about the hologram.. Which is something I predicted once we doin out about the performance...

Not confirmed (source needed):

Russia #1
Mexico #1
Israel #1

Israel doesn't have an official sale chart, but some stores make their own, the biggest online store has it as 1#

10384341_638338379583775_2239481029257978958_n.jpg

from MJISRL

Yes, I agree and with the tour thing I don't know why he didn't tour the US after the Bad Tour. Yes, allegations... but he didn't even tour the US pre allegations on the Dangerous tour. Yes, Dangerous sold slightly less in the US than Bad but it was still a good seller, there was demand and a fan base there. And exactly touring the US could have added a couple of more million to the sales and make it surpass Bad.

Maybe he felt unappreciated by the American public. Bad sold almost as much as Thriller outside the US, but inside the US, Thriller sold three times as much.

I am proud of Michael and enjoy this album a lot. I am looking for longevity for this album and hopefully another single to come out. Michael's legacy lives on. Michael has always been a world artist and the world loves him.

Mexico has an official chart (AMPROFON) but it just has undated their list until May 5th. As soon as I see the update, I'll let you know if the #1 spot is true or not. I hope it is.

Repost by myself from the discussion section- really liked all those tweets

mjspyt777 @MJSPYT777 · 2 h.

Having a #1 album is easy. Having an impaction the world for generations to come happen once in a lifetime and Michael did that. #mjfam

She Was Loving Me ‏@MJAndAri_4Ever 2 h.

Michael Jackson is #1 in Spain now lol if so that's good #1 in the UK & Spain & 50 other countries

ALL THINGS MICHAEL ‏@Vallieegirl 3 h.

I don't care what any charts say, Michael will always be my NUMBER ONE! Nobody can touch him! Nobody!♥ #Michaellivesforever #KingofMusic

Carla Adams ‏@carlay245 3 h.

Thriller didn't debut at #1 but look what happened! Keep buying #XSCAPE Keep celebrating MICHAEL! #LongLiveTheKing

My comment on Bad 25 was regarding sales : it was (mostly) a great project artistically, but the sales were abysmal. It was an indication that there just aren't that many of us left (MJ fans).

will be interesting to see the worldwide charts...

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

Awaiting update...until then read the following facts :)

http://kworb.net/itunes/

Worldwide iTunes Album Chart 2014/05/20
1 = Coldplay - Ghost Stories 79 1(23) 26177 +104 1.466
2 = Michael Jackson - XSCAPE 36 1(6) 24224 -193 0.516

Global iTunes Artist Ranking | Click the headers to sort | Last update: 2014-05-21 16:05:18 EDT

1 = Coldplay 7159 3810 8 3349
2 = Michael Jackson 3833 1670 2 2163 2

Damn Shit Keys, I bet they're gonna brag about it like the bunch of jerks they are! :angry:

But according to this link Michael has sold 161, 909 and SK 161, 337 copies. It was updated yesterday, unless Billboard counted sales until Monday.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

HDD is only estimates though. They are not a fully reliable source. Billboard relies solely on Nielson Sounscan data for their numbers to crunch chart positions.

The King of Pop makes history as the only artist with top 10 Hot 100 hits in each of five decades. Meanwhile, Legend's 'All of Me' leads for a third week, Coldplay lands its third top 10 and Iggy Azalea tops Streaming Songs

John Legend's "All of Me" rules the Billboard Hot 100 for a third week with "All of Me," while Michael Jackson rewrites a pair of vaunted Hot 100 records, as "Love Never Felt So Good," with Justin Timberlake, blasts 22-9. Plus, Coldplay soars into the top 10 with "A Sky Full of Stars" and Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" flies to No. 1 on Streaming Songs and pushes 3-2 on the Hot 100.

With so many moves on the Hot 100 and more, let's dig into our weekly rundown of the numbers behind the charts, starting with the late King of Pop.

As "Good" rockets into the top 10, as parent album "Xscape" launches at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, the song's ascent makes history on the Hot 100: with the advance, Jackson becomes the first artist to notch a top 10 Hot 100 hit in each of five decades. Dating to his first top 10, the No. 4-peaking "Got to Be There," in 1971, he's now reached the top 10 with songs in the '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s and '10s. (His breakdown of top 10s in those decades, respectively: four, 17, six, one, one. "Good" is Jackson's first top 10 since he died in 2009.)

Jackson passes five artists that have tallied Hot 100 top 10s in each of four decades: Barbra Streisand, Cher (both '60s-'90s), Aerosmith ('70s-'00s), Madonna and Whitney Houston (both '80s-'10s). (Houston joined the elite club posthumously and, unlike Streisand, Cher, Aerosmith and Madonna, did so by returning to the top 10 with a song that had previously reached the region: her 1992-93 14-week No. 1 "I Will Always Love You" returned and rose to No. 3 following her passing in 2012.)

Jackson topples another notable mark: he extends his span of appearing in the Hot 100's top 10 to a record-breaking 42 weeks, six months and one week. "Got to Be There" began his top 10 history when it lifted 13-9 on the Nov. 20, 1971, chart; this week's chart is dated May 31. He passes Santana, whose top 10 discography spans 33 years and eight months, from 1970's "Evil Ways" to 2003's "Why Don't You & I." Cher ranks third with a 33-year, one-month, three-week top 10 span (1966-99).

"Good" is Jackson's 29th Hot 100 top 10, granting him sole possession of the third-most top 10s in the chart's 55-year history. (The sign, as always, that Jackson and the Hot 100 were meant to be together: both arrived the same month, August 1958. The Hot 100 launched on Aug. 4 that year, while Jackson was born 25 days later.) He passes Stevie Wonder (28 top 10s), with whom he'd been tied since Jackson scored his last top 10, the No. 10-peaking "You Rock My World," in 2001. Madonna leads all acts with 38 top 10s, while the Beatles rank second with 34. Following Jackson and Wonder are Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson and Elton John, each with 27. (Jackson danced to another 10 top 10s with the Jackson 5/Jacksons in 1970-84.)

How does "Good" reach to the Hot 100's top 10? It gains by 9 percent to 110,000 downloads sold (despite slipping 6-7 on the Digital Songs chart) in the Nielsen SoundScan tracking week ending on May 18, the same night that the much-buzzed-about virtual Jackson took to the stage on the Billboard Music Awards (for a performance of fellow "Xscape" track "Slave to the Rhythm"). With the video for "Good" having premiered on May 14, the song re-enters the Streaming Songs chart at No. 9 with a 299 percent surge to 4.6 million U.S. streams, according to Nielsen BDS, good for top Streaming Gainer honors on the Hot 100. Fifty-nine percent of its streaming points are from Vevo on YouTube views. "Good" debuts on the subscription services-based On Demand Songs chart at No. 20 with 1.2 million on-demand streams (up from 2,000 the week before). It concurrently re-enters Radio Songs at No. 44, up by 37 percent to 30 million audience impressions, according to BDS. It had charted at No. 38 two weeks ago (with 34 million), aided by promotional play on May 2 by Clear Channel Media and Entertainment-owned stations across multiple formats.

In addition to Jackson's honors, Timberlake, of course, adds to his rising Hot 100 legacy, as "Good" marks his 16th top 10 (in addition to six as part of 'N Sync). He also becomes the fourth artist to duet with Jackson on a top 10: Jackson and Paul McCartney reached No. 2 in 1983 with "The Girl Is Mine" and spent six weeks on top in 1983-84 with "Say Say Say"; the Siedah Garrett-assisted "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" crowned the Sept. 19, 1987, Hot 100; and, Michael and Janet Jackson teamed for the No. 5 family affair "Scream" in 1995. (Fun fact, via Billboard 200 chart manager Keith Caulfield: Timberlake is the only artist to have shared Hot 100 artist credit with both Jackson and Madonna, aka, the respective King and Queen of Pop. Madonna's "4 Minutes," featuring Timberlake and Timbaland, hit No. 3 in 2008.)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...kson-coldplay-hot-100-top-10-john-legend-no-1

Back