Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

^also worth mentioning that the top album only sold 52k units this week which is really awful

I wonder how people are going to react to the album when Loving You is released...

Chart News @chartnews · 1 Std.

Billboard 200: #18 @michaeljackson, Xscape 12,619 (364,656 total).

Edit:

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 1 Std.

Spain Album Chart #5 (Last week 6) Xscape Michael Jackson

Last edited:
XSCAPE: Sales & Chart Performance (Weeks 5-8)
By Damien Shields http://www.damienshields.com/xscape-sales-weeks-5-8/

It has now been two months since Epic Records and The Estate of Michael Jackson released their latest posthumous product – ‘XSCAPE’ – an album of previously-unpublished songs recorded during the King of Pop’s life that have been remixed by some of today’s most prolific producers.

So how has the album performed commercially so far? Let’s take a look! We’ll start with worldwide statistics…

After 8 weeks on the market the ‘XSCAPE’ album has sold more than 1.1 million copies worldwide. As I’ve reported in previous articles, this is both an impressive and surprising performance considering the album was not released during or in the lead-up to the holiday season. Even more surprising is that the album did not benefit from an overly large sales rush its opening weeks.

Unlike the controversial ‘MICHAEL’ album, which benefitted from a massive first few weeks during the 2010 Christmas period before completely vanishing from charts around the world, ‘XSCAPE’ has maintained consistently good sales statistics since its May 13, 2014 release. What makes the consistently good sales all the more impressive is that the album has not been promoted at all by The Estate or record label since the Billboard Awards on May 18.

The album is running purely on the fumes of a successful lead single. “Love Never Felt So Good” was released worldwide on May 1, 2014 and has since gone on to be Michael Jackson’s most successful single in more than a decade. The track is still performing well on iTunes, where today it ranks as the 9th most popular song worldwide. When taking into consideration digital downloads, physical single sales (where applicable) and radio airplay, according to figures compiled by MediaTraffic.de and presented in the United World Chart, the track comes in at #15 across the globe this week. It’s total ranking points on the chart are in excess of 1.5 million so far.

‘XSCAPE’-related videos on Jackson’s official VEVO channel have racked up more than 81 million views in the past two months – a feat that keeps the King of Pop on par with many of his still-living rivals. More than 57 million of those views come from different versions of “Love Never Felt So Good” – 37 million of which are credited to the official music video featuring Justin Timberlake.

In the U.S. sales have been equally as impressive. According to Nielsen SoundScan the ‘XSCAPE’ album has sold more than 360,000 copies to date. As in the worldwide market, sales in the U.S. don’t seem to be dropping off just yet.

The majority of sales the United States, UK and Australia are coming in the form of physical CDs. In fact, the ‘XSCAPE’ album is no longer inside the top 200 on either the American or Australian iTunes Albums chart, and ranks at #184 on the UK iTunes. Despite this the album maintains top 40 positions on the overall charts, combining both physical and digital sales, in all three markets.

In other news, the King of Pop’s 1987 ‘BAD’ album re-entered the official UK album charts at #15 two weeks ago (outselling ‘XSCAPE’ that week) after Google made it their Album of the Week on the Google Play store. Being Album of the Week meant Google Play users could purchase the complete album for only 99p. It has since dropped from #15 to #58 this week.

There has still been no official word from The Estate or Epic Records on when the next single is to be released, but sources close to both groups are reporting that mid-late August is when fans should expect the next big wave of Jackson promotion. Perhaps they’re planning something around Jackson’s August 29 birthday?

In the meantime there is still the lingering option for bridging singles to be issued to radio around the world. However, if there truly is a second wave of promotion and new single coming, I personally don’t see the point in bothering with a bridging single.

Well, if August is the next wave of promotion, then I have to wonder if the MTV Awards will present something Xscape related.

All in all, I'm happy that the album has held its own and continues to do well.

Well, if August is the next wave of promotion, then I have to wonder if the MTV Awards will present something Xscape related.

All in all, I'm happy that the album has held its own and continues to do well.

It has been a thought of mine that they are going to do something. As the Estate previously said they're just getting started I sure hope so!

Worldwide i-tunes-charts:

Xscape: 32, up 1
LNFSG: 9, up 1
http://kworb.net/aww/

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 2 Std.

USA Album Chart
#18 Xscape
#129 Number Ones
#150 The Essential Michael Jackson
#173 Thriller

Annita;4029603 said:
Worldwide i-tunes-charts:

Xscape: 32, up 1
LNFSG: 9, up 1
http://kworb.net/aww/

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 2 Std.

USA Album Chart
#18 Xscape
#129 Number Ones
#150 The Essential Michael Jackson
#173 Thriller

Despite what some may think of the song, LNFSG is a solid hit around the world. The song performed extremely well in many different countries over a sustained period of time

Bssdx_PCIAA8Efj.png

andjustice4MJ ‏@andjustice4some

Michael has jumped 4 spots to #9 on the worldwide iTunes global artist chart! #KeepBuyingMJXSCAPE

Jeff Monachino @Chino7671 · 23 h.

Only 1 artist has 4 albums currently charting on @billboard's Top 200 Album Chart @michaeljackson #Xscape #EssentialMJ #Thriller #NumberOnes

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...rey-songz-iggy-azalea-pharrell-eminem-50-cent

Michael Jackson's Xscape Keeps Its Slot In Top 20

Now in the album's ninth week of availability, Michael Jackson continues his Top 20 chart success with Xscape. The album sold 12,619 units this week, a four percent decrease in sales from last week's 13,083 copies sold last week. Overall, Xscape has sold 364,656 units. In June, Forbes reported on the success Michael Jackson's work has had since the singer's passing. "Add up the earnings of Jay Z, Taylor Swift and Kanye West since 2009, and the total is $544 million," Forbes said at the time. "It’s an astounding sum, but Michael Jackson has earned more than all three—combined—since his death five years ago." Xscape only helps that figure grow.

Last edited:

UK certifications (@BPI_Music): @michaeljackson Feat. @jtimberlake, Love Never Felt So Good Silver (200,000).

The album isn`t released in Brasilia until yet?

Nimue @Nimue9 · 9 Std.

# XSCAPE album will finally be released in Brazil! . via MJBeats pic.twitter.com/VMG09kwRPQ
Eingebetteter Bild-Link

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...-the-week-trey-songz-pharrell-michael-jackson

Trey Songz's "Trigga" and Michael Jackson's "Xscape" battle for the top spot.

HipHopDX users were recently asked to rate the week's top charting Hip Hop albums. Trey Songz leads all vote-getters with Trigga. Trey received 195 thumbs up and 89 thumbs down for the project. Meanwhile, Michael Jackson's Xscape earned 161 thumbs up and 95 thumbs down, Pharrell's G I R L followed with 112 thumbs up and 102 thumbs down. Iggy Azalea's The New Classic earned 111 thumbs up and 140 thumbs down. In last place, Linkin Park's The Hunting Party earned 74 thumbs up and 120 thumbs down.

Last edited:

BEST SELLING ALBUMS OF 2014

1. "Frozen" OST - 5,185,000
2. "Ghost Stories" Coldplay - 2,120,000
3. "Beyoncé" Beyoncé - 2,006,000
4. "GIRL" Pharrell Williams - 1,524,000
5. "Pure Heroine" Lorde - 1,471,000
6. "Midnight Memories" One Direction - 1,416,000
7. "Prism" Katy Perry - 1,308,000
8. "Night Visions" Imagine Dragons - 1,169,000
9. "The Marshall Matters LP 2" Eminem - 1,162,000
10. "Xscape" Michael Jackson - 1,160,000

11. "Racine Carrée" Stormae - 1,029,000
12. "Unorthodox Jukebox" Bruno Mars - 1,022,000
13. "Tsugi No Ashiato" AKB 48 - 1,020,000
14. "X" Ed Sheeran - 920,000
15. "AM" Arctic Monkeys - 876,000
16. "High Hopes" Bruce Springsteen - 873,000
17. "True" Avicii - 841,000
18. "In The Lonely Hour" Sam Smith - 725,000
19. "Bad Blood" Bastille - 667,000
20. "Turn Blue" The Black Keys - 653,000

21. "Ultraviolence" Lana Del Rey - 641,000
22. "Swing Both Ways" Robbie Williams - 640,000
23. "Shakira" Shakira - 639,000
24. "Random Access Memories" Daft Punk - 627,000
25. "Bangerz" Miley Cyrus - 613,000
26. "Farbenspiel" Helene Fischer - 527,000
27. "Artpop" Lady Gaga - 521,000
28. "Caustic Love" Paolo Nutini - 500,000
29. "Love In the Future" John Legend - 499,000
30. "The Hunting Party" Linkin Park - 498,000

31. "The Outsiders" Eric Church - 495,000
32. "Just As I Am" Brantley Gilbert - 464,000
33. "Born To Die" Lana Del Rey - 455,000
34. "If You Wait" London Grammar - 438,000
35. "Lazaretto" Jack White - 424,000
36. "Overdose" Exo - 411,000
37. "Halcyon Days" Ellie Goulding - 404,000
38. "Platinum" Miranda Lambert - 383,000
39. "Morning Phase" Beck - 377,000
40. "Ballada" Namie Amuro - 377,000

Source: United World Chart
- Numbers indicate sales between 1.1.2014. and 07.17.2014.
- The numbers are solely based on presence of the albums on UWC weekly top 40.

Thanks, next week it will likeley go up 1 or 2 places, depending from Ed Sheeren. He will overtake Xscape next or the follow week, I think.

Annita;4029817 said:
The album isn`t released in Brasilia until yet?

Nimue @Nimue9 · 9 Std.

# XSCAPE album will finally be released in Brazil! . via MJBeats pic.twitter.com/VMG09kwRPQ
Eingebetteter Bild-Link

Sony Music Brasil @SonyMusic · 9h
.@Pharrell, @CalvinHarris, @MrProbz, @michaeljackson & @jtimberlake, @shakira e @JohnMayer no iTunes TOP 10 Singles!

I don't know how to copy picture from twitter to here, but LNFSG is no 4 in Brazil singles list

Australian certifications (ARIA): @michaeljackson, Xscape Gold (35,000).

Does anyone have the final UK results for this week in terms of the position and sales for Xscape?

Does anyone have the final UK results for this week in terms of the position and sales for Xscape?

UK-charts are available in 1 hour. In Midweek-chart Xscape wasn`t in the Top 40, I hope it will be better in the end result.

Back