34. "Born To Die" Lana Del Rey - 436,000
35. "Overdose" Exo - 411,000
36. "Halcyon Days" Ellie Goulding - 404,000
37. "Lazaretto" Jack White - 393,000
38. "Morning Phase" Beck - 377,000
39. "Ballada" Namie Amuro - 377,000
40. "The 20/20 Experience - 2 of 2" Justin Timberlake - 370,000

Source: United World Chart
- Numbers indicate sales between 1.1.2014. and 07.10.2014.
- The numbers are solely based on presence of the albums on UWC weekly top 40.

^^^ By looking at that list how much they sold, I don't know how they make money at all?
Only 3 albums sold more than 2 million:bugeyed

Hopefully the estate has more stuff coming that MJ will be at least on top 5.

^^^ By looking at that list how much they sold, I don't know how they make money at all?
Only 3 albums sold more than 2 million:bugeyed

Money is in touring now. No wonder MJ was pressured to do TII.

That also explains why his bros were so hard up for him to go on tour with them (instead of focusing on releasing new music on their own). The way album sales are looking nowadays, there isn't a snowball's chance in HELL of even remotely coming close to THRILLER numbers, lol!

It's safe to say that album will FOREVER be the best seller. :)

Sorry OT: What`s the last updated sales numbers from Thriller and Eagles in the USA?

I thought the money was always in touring. Back in the day they used to say that the music companies took most of the money and the artist really only made good money in touring, so wasn't that always the case back then as now? I can see though that the album sales has drastically decreased, so it seems to me that it is the music company now who see more dips in their profits vs the artist, since they always took most of the money themselves.

-----
Love the Eagles, although not more than Michael.

"Xscape" is doing unbelievably well-I'm so glad!!! And I'm also amazed at how badly record sales are as a whole anymore. Just really sad.

Not really a chart position but Love never felt so good is close to cross 11 million plays on spotify, the version without Justin ;)

Last time I checked both were checked 29x Platinum. Why?

(Though I am sceptical of that number for the Eagles. I think it's inflated and I explained why in this thread: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...copies-in-the-US-as-Thriller?highlight=Eagles ) But officially they are both 29x Platinum.

Apparently, the discrepancy in 1990 was a result of lack of counting regarding club sales, military sales outlets etc, though I share your scepticism. RIAA claimed Eagles surpassed Thriller sometime in 1999, just in time for rewarding Eagles with "the best-selling album of the century" award or something like that. From what I've read, Eagles weren't even informed of their milestone and had to call RIAA themselves to get their award. It all seem very fishy. I figured they just didn't want to give it to MJ. Just speculation of course.

Apparently, the discrepancy in 1990 was a result of lack of counting regarding club sales, military sales outlets etc, though I share your scepticism. RIAA claimed Eagles surpassed Thriller sometime in 1999, just in time for rewarding Eagles with "the best-selling album of the century" award or something like that. From what I've read, Eagles weren't even informed of their milestone and had to call RIAA themselves to get their award. It all seem very fishy. I figured they just didn't want to give it to MJ. Just speculation of course.

I very much doubt that club sales and military sales outlets etc. account for that much that you can bridge a 9 million deficit with that. Or that the music taste of people buying from such outlets and the resulting sales trends so dramatically differ from the general populations'. (And actually MJ's music is more of club/dance music than the Eagles, so I would expect him to sell better in clubs.) Seems fishy to me and you might be right that maybe they just did not want MJ to have that award. Politics, politics...

New week, please vote:

Thumbs up:

http://www.radiodalmacija.hr/top-liste/furesta-top-lista.html

http://www.soundset.hr/glazba/top-40-strano

Click "Glasaj":

http://www.radioistra.hr/top-liste/cool-lista

http://www.radio-otok-krk.hr/index.php/top-liste/cik-cak-strana-top-lista

Select the song and click "Glasaj" - you can vote multiple times, just re-open the link.

http://www.mtv.com.hr/top-liste/top-20

Select 3 songs, enter your name and e-mail and click "Glasaj":

http://www.radio-cakovec.hr/topliste.php

Thanks!

Michael on 14th place with 38.22% of the votes counted! 4848 units have been sold untill now. I hope it ranks higher than last week.

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 1 Min.

Mexico Album Chart #06 (Last week 07) Xscape - Michael Jackson

Retweet von The Best of Internet
weLoveMJImmortal @mjThisisitlove · 5 Std.

#MJXSCAPE charts news. Top 10 Selling Albums, Year To Date 2014. via Japan tower records. #6 #MichaelJackson #Xscape

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 23 Std.

China Album Chart #3 (2) Xscape Michael Jackson

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 24 Std.

Love Never Felt So Good by Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake is GOLD in Italy

It may not have the numbers of USA or UK but I read in many news outlets Xscape reached today a Gold record in Mexico with over 30,000+ copies sold. :woohoo: I hope mine was counted, I could buy my physical copy on Sunday... :blush:

Xscape had a huge decline on i-tunes since yesterday:

Xscpae 30: down 12
LNFSG: 10: same as yesterday

http://kworb.net/aww/

Thanks for the update! Honestly, I am struggling to understand the marketing strategy for this album. There are a lot great songs that could do well if properly promoted via singles and radio releases. After the Billboard performance, the Estate released a statement that they were "just getting started" in terms of the promotion for this album. I really hope this is true and that they are fully committed to the success of this project.

It seems in every country it varies the number to get a certification. If Xscape achieves to sell 60,000, it will have a Platinum record here. In some outlets I read it sold more than 37,000 already, so it's close to 40,000.

Thanks for the update! Honestly, I am struggling to understand the marketing strategy for this album. There are a lot great songs that could do well if properly promoted via singles and radio releases. After the Billboard performance, the Estate released a statement that they were "just getting started" in terms of the promotion for this album. I really hope this is true and that they are fully committed to the success of this project.

I don't understand it either. They said they were "just getting started" and didn't do anything since...

Would be nice when qbee or a mod would ask the MJ-Online-Team for a clarification.

And if someone is asking them: could you please ask them if Loving You really is a bridging single and if it's already released to the radios or are we wasting our time requesting it? I haven't seen any official word on it yet.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4029228 said:
It may not have the numbers of USA or UK but I read in many news outlets Xscape reached today a Gold record in Mexico with over 30,000+ copies sold. :woohoo: I hope mine was counted, I could buy my physical copy on Sunday... :blush:

Retweetet von MJJJusticeProject
The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 16 h.

Michael Jackson new album Xscape is GOLD in Mexico too

BscbpjJCYAE2aM8.jpg:large

Back