Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

These chart positions are looking so great! I'm very excited. I think this album is going to do really well.

Numbers are slowly declining in the UK unfortunately but are still impressive for Pre-Order sales, currently at #17

Yeah, I noticed he dropped from 4 to 5 on Amazon this morning, now that the initial hype is over. Still, these are great numbers and they will climb again on release day. And I think everything from yesterday up until release counts towards first day/first week sales. I expect this album will do well :)

I hope (and believe) that all pre-orders are counted towards first week sales??

fom2cj.png

35l4zl2.png

Xscape has dropped to #11 on danish iTunes.

Damn the deluxe iTunes version is dropping pretty fast.

Yesterday when I preordered the album it said it was at #24.

This is for the USA iTunes main album chart

Damn the deluxe iTunes version is dropping pretty fast.

Yesterday when I preordered the album it said it was at #24.

This is for the USA iTunes main album chart

Obviously at this point mainly hard-core fans pre-order it without even hearing it. After hard-core fans pre-ordered it it's bound to drop. Then it's up to the singles and the material itself to take it high on the charts again when the singles and the album are released.

Hey, MJ is leading European iTunes album charts :wild: He knocked off Pharrell's G.I.R.L from the top
1 +1 Michael Jackson - XSCAPE

and he is second on worldwide dropping Shakira to 3rd
http://kworb.net/aww

Thats good, isn't it?

I hope the first single is released soon and a worldwide promotional campaign from Sony begins. This could be a huge seller and i hope The Estate do everything with this release!

Update: gone down to 24 in the UK..

I was looking at this: http://kworb.net/aww/artisttotals.html
Pos Artist Total Points Points Today 1 Mil+ Albums
14 Michael Jackson 7,254,013 21,581 3

Can somebody explain what that total points and points today means?

-----------------------------

Yes Zakk, I think now is a good time from the estate to slap us a little nugget of info, or snippet of song or something:)

Down to #3 worldwide- http://kworb.net/aww

Still a good spot though, and it's still early. I think he will eventually take over #1, especially as we get closer to release day.

Xscape has dropped to #6 on the worldwide itunes charts. They need to release a single asap!

It's dropping like a brick. what's xony waiting for?

You don't get it do you?

It's not even released, this pike was created by hardcore fans preordering in the first days.

Now it's up to the general music listeners & to the fans once again creating momentum at the time it will be released!

Last edited:
I have to say that I don't even understand why people pre-order albums from iTunes? What's the point in that? You don't get the album any sooner anyway and it's not like they are gonna run out of copies. Or am I missing something? :D I'm not trying to be negative here, I'm just wondering why people do that. I do understand pre-ordering physical albums because the stores might run out of copies and you usually get the album sooner if you order it in advance.

So I wouldn't be worried about the album dropping on iTunes charts before the release date because I'm pretty sure 99% of people buy it after the release date. Xscape will go straight to #1 when it's released! ;D

^^ Maybe people like to pre-order in case they forget to buy it when it is released:cheeky:

I have to say that I don't even understand why people pre-order albums from iTunes? What's the point in that? You don't get the album any sooner anyway and it's not like they are gonna run out of copies. Or am I missing something? :D I'm not trying to be negative here, I'm just wondering why people do that. I do understand pre-ordering physical albums because the stores might run out of copies and you usually get the album sooner if you order it in advance.

So I wouldn't be worried about the album dropping on iTunes charts before the release date because I'm pretty sure 99% of people buy it after the release date. Xscape will go straight to #1 when it's released! ;D

Well, I think that's just it. Back before everything went digital, if you wanted to be guaranteed a movie, album, book, etc., you had to pre-order. Then when everything turned digital, I think that mentality just stuck.

Also, it gives the record companies an opportunity to make more money. Imagine if they had announced the album, but you couldn't buy it until release day. That means for the six weeks between the announcement and release day, they would have missed out on all that money.

I, for one, pre-ordered mine through iTunes. I will also be purchasing a physical copy. I think Amazon mails them out a couple days in advance so you have it in your hands for the day of release :)

Yes, I asked the same previously and the answer was so that the album produces high pre-sales numbers.

I consider myself a hard core fan and I will definitely buy at least two copies (iTunes, physical) but I haven't ordered it yet. I'm gonna buy the iTunes version on the day of the release and then I can be patient about getting my physical copy which I'm going to order on the same day as well or maybe after the first single is out which I expect to happen in the next few weeks. Since I'm gonna buy them on the first day(s) of release it will count in first week sales just like the pre-order sales do.

Yeah, of course it's about selling more records. And they also count the pre-orders to the first week sales so the album will get higher chart positions. That's a good thing of course. But the buyer doesn't really get anything from it, just the satisfaction of seeing MJ on top of the charts after the first week sales. ;D (Btw I also consider myself as a hardcore fan and I'm gonna buy the album from iTunes and a normal record store!)

Back