Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

That fader review conveniently ignores that Michael was selling out the 02 over and over again, crashing websites in the mad rush for the tickets in his final months.

I hate that. The writer is so preoccupied with a nice turn of phrase here and there and the way he/she can create drama therein. Unconcerned with the truth. To me it renders the whole piece pointless.

Excatly! Thank You!

I think the awkward english usage rules out any credible journalist .. or even someone who's first language is English! haha

Yea, i noticed that too - the person claims to be an American, but their English is not very good. I dunno.... lol

bumping (quoting) this post as moderator approval took some time. Everyone will determine themselves to believe credibility of the poster and truth of the claims included.
Originally Posted by Mark7 Good evening, I'm an American journalist who works in England, and I attended one of the ceremonies where you could hear a preview of the new album.
Of course I was happy, I am a fan of Michael Jackson for over twenty years.
And of course I can't reveal the track-list and songs that are in it, but I tell you that you are on your way to figure out for yourself what will be the track-list.
Then, don't worry about the single and the publicity, they will come ,the single will be a bomb. And then you will love it, I'm sure, you will love this album, you can hear the great respect that was given to this production, they have complied Jackson. It is a big production, the only song that I'm disappointed (personal opinion,attention) was the production of Slave To The Rhythm, I guess you've already heard the commercials Xperia where you can hear a snippet of this song, well I thought it was better, because I listened to the demo and it is beautiful, a great potential that could be better exploited.

However, news will come very soon, you will see. It will all be in great style, you'll see, everything is totally different from the first posthumous project, will also come new unreleased videos. Greetings to all.

The guy who wrote the text in English sounds like a French speaker.

Well from what I gather from reviews there are several single "hit" possibilities including "loving you" which is not Chicago. This tells me this album is truly amazing and la Reid really honored and did justice to mj. I am so excited !!!!

after the michael album was announced how soon after did we get the tracklist and first single? surely we must be getting them very soon..

Overall it's a mixed-to-positive review. The author seems to have enjoyed it overall, and praises Michael throughout (bar the discussion of his public perception at the time of his death, which is spot on).

I saw that he described a song entitled Loving You, which intrigues me. If it turns out that this is indeed the missing song, it's another Dangerous / Decade outtake, recorded in 1989. It was one of the first songs Michael collaborated on with Brad Buxer.

1. Love Never Felt So Good (1983)
2. Chicago (She Was Loving Me) (1999)
3. Loving You (1989) (??)
4. A Place With No Name (1998)
5. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (1990)
6. Slave to the Rhythm (1989)
7. Blue Gangsta (1998)
8. Xscape (1999)
9. Hot Fun in the Summertime (est. 1985)

Seems that the album is heavily oriented around Dangerous and Invincible outtakes. Of course I'm just assuming that the author is indeed correct with the unheard missing title. In any case, I'm very excited!

I've never heard of "Loving You", what's your source of info on that song?

From what i recall it was from one the supposedly tracklists for decade.

after the michael album was announced how soon after did we get the tracklist and first single? surely we must be getting them very soon..

I wanna say the album was announced on a fri and we had to wait until Monday when they first streamed BN and they also announced the track listing...

It was registered with the US Copyright Office sometime after Michael passed. It was listed as a collaboration with Brad Buxer. As far as the year is concerned, I'm bouncing off of two bits of information that I know: (a) when Brad and Michael first met in 1989, they immediately hit it off and worked on numerous new songs together; and (b) Vogel saying that the song was from the '80s and was unheard. The only logical explanation is that it is from the early Dangerous sessions. I'm looking to learn more about the Buxer/Jackson early sessions so I may be able to elaborate more.

The track listing came about a week after the announcement, maybe nine days. The single came almost two weeks after the announcement. Doesn't necessarily mean the same thing will be done here.

It was registered with the US Copyright Office sometime after Michael passed. It was listed as a collaboration with Brad Buxer. As far as the year is concerned, I'm bouncing off of two bits of information that I know: (a) when Brad and Michael first met in 1989, they immediately hit it off and worked on numerous new songs together; and (b) Vogel saying that the song was from the '80s and was unheard. The only logical explanation is that it is from the early Dangerous sessions. I'm looking to learn more about the Buxer/Jackson early sessions so I may be able to elaborate more.

The track listing came about a week after the announcement, maybe nine days. The single came almost two weeks after the announcement. Doesn't necessarily mean the same thing will be done here.

Spot on :)

Edit* wait now that i think about it, wasn't also "Loving You" one of the titles found at MJ's home in 2009?

Yeah, just checked my list of unreleased MJ songs. The song was registrated in 2009 along with all other Brad Buxer/Michael Prince collaborations.

Lovin You (Michael Jackson, Bradly Buxer, Michael Durham Prince). It was probably worked on with BB and MDP before he died but the song could have been recorded in the '80 before MJ met with Brad Buxer just like many others (Don't Be Messin for example).

Thank you for that. Chances are though that the first single and tracklisting should come any day, probably next week.

It seems there aren't any HIStory outtakes or post Invincible ones. :( The album seems promising either way, like the Estate really wants to do the things right and better, I'm really, really looking forward for it, I can't wait to hear those 3 mystery songs and the original STTR. :dance:

Spot on :)

Edit* wait now that i think about it, wasn't also "Loving You" one of the titles found at MJ's home in 2009?

The title found at Michael's home was Can't Stop Loving You. According to Birchey, Michael wanted to rerecord it with Beyonce, so it's looking to be a different one.

It seems there aren't any HIStory outtakes or post Invincible ones. :( The album seems promising either way, like the Estate really wants to do the things right and better, I'm really, really looking forward for it, I can't wait to hear those 3 mystery songs and the original STTR. :dance:

Original STTR ? Didn't that leak already ?

^^That music for STTR was added/created by Tricky Stewart in 2010. It isn't the original version.

^^That music for STTR was added/created by Tricky Stewart in 2010. It isn't the original version.

Oh wow thats interesting. So for songs like Blue Gangsta, A Place With No Name, etc, they are all finished tracks so how are the new produced version going to sound in comparison ?

Are they making certain tweaks as far as the music and instruments used to make it more sound like today ? I feel like they are making changes for the sake of changes, unless theres a big difference and it sounds better.

Do you think in the cd booklet it will give a description of the song when Michael recorded or wrote it? Just to give history of the song because I didn't pay attention to leaks and things like that. Michael is not here and I like to see things like that.

Do you think in the cd booklet it will give a description of the song when Michael recorded or wrote it? Just to give history of the song because I didn't pay attention to leaks and things like that. Michael is not here and I like to see things like that.

Probably not. If anything they'll give some insight from the producers and the lyrics, like they did on Michael. Not saying that I wouldn't love some insight.

Oh wow thats interesting. So for songs like Blue Gangsta, A Place With No Name, etc, they are all finished tracks so how are the new produced version going to sound in comparison ?

Are they making certain tweaks as far as the music and instruments used to make it more sound like today ? I feel like they are making changes for the sake of changes, unless theres a big difference and it sounds better.

I'm not sure if the leaked tracks many of us heard are the original versions. In case of DYKWYCA, the guitar solo was new/added.

I'm not sure if the leaked tracks many of us heard are the original versions. In case of DYKWYCA, the guitar solo was new/added.

APWNN & BG are original tracks. Xscape too. Original demo of LNFSG leaked too.

^^^Oh, I see. Thanks Onir.

But in some cases, Michael reworked on some tracks. I wonder if Xscape, BG, APWNN are the latest versions.

^^^Oh, I see. Thanks Onir.

But in some cases, Michael reworked on some tracks. I wonder if Xscape, BG, APWNN are the latest versions.

APWNN is the latest version. Mixed in 2008 with Michael Durham Prince. Xscape is 2002 mix. I'm not sure about Blue Gangsta. But I don't think that MJ worked on it after Invincible.

As stated, the leaked version of A Place With No Name was mixed by Neff-U in the late summer of 2008.

To my knowledge, Michael abandoned Blue Gangsta entirely after the Invincible sessions and only revisited it after the No Friend of Mine fan remix surfaced in late 2006.

The version of Xscape that was leaked in 2002 wasn't the latest version, he had re-worked it. I'm wondering if we will get his latest version on the deluxe.

If that's the case, it'd be interesting how different is the version we already had. I really hope the Estate give us the latest versions of the songs.

Question please: did Michael write "Lovin You" or was it co-written?

The version of Xscape that was leaked in 2002 wasn't the latest version, he had re-worked it. I'm wondering if we will get his latest version on the deluxe.

Is that the version that is the well known leak and other sites are currently stating is Xscape?

I believe Estate/Sony should do their best to remove these leaks because that version is fantastic! The contemporized version may be seen as weaker and will cause disappointment in the consumers they are targeting with the standard cd (those that have not heard the leaks...... until now).

I have not heard the contemporized version however; it must have been an uphill battle for Jerkins to improve on an already amazing production.

If the 8th song is indeed Lovin' You, then the evidence was under our eyes the whole time, because at least one other early review mentioned that title. But we assumed the reviewer meant "Loving ME", as in "She was loving me".

Question please: did Michael write "Lovin You" or was it co-written?

Co-written with Brad Buxer according to the copyrights office.

Back