Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Physical single is not so important. They can release that after the album (or not) but when the song hits the radio it HAS TO BE available on itunes. That's how it works today. If it's not on itunes people will just illegally download low quality rip and listen to that. They will accomplish nothing.

I agree very much!! - It has to be available so people can buy it the second they hear it on the radio and (hopefully) likes it!

Last edited:

I agree very much!! - It has to be available so people can buy it the secong they hear it on the radio and (hopefully) likes it!

This... ^

...is a spelling mistake

We need singles. This is how the album spreads. I can think of several artists who's music I know of because of a single that was in the charts. I honestly hope this is wrong and we get a single before the album comes out.

We need singles. This is how the album spreads. I can think of several artists who's music I know of because of a single that was in the charts. I honestly hope this is wrong and we get a single before the album comes out.

I hope very much they do release at least one single before the album. - Hopefully two !!

Silence before the storm

I think BAD - Pepsi commercials or escape scene in Moonwalker would be great as the video for XSCAPE. Of course they could modernize and refresh the secenes. :D

/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. This commercial is the first thing that popped in my head when I heard the title of the new album.

I am just guessing here but I think they will release a single like most people do before the album comes out. It's a great way to promote and reach out to non fans. You put all this time and effort into these songs that Michael worked on for so long. I don't want to think about sale numbers I just want to hear it on the radio with everyone else.

A long time ago before internet and everything like that the radio was the best promotion. You hear a song enough, you like it and then you want to know who sings it and get the album. I miss those days.

I am just guessing here but I think they will release a single like most people do before the album comes out. It's a great way to promote and reach out to non fans. You put all this time and effort into these songs that Michael worked on for so long. I don't want to think about sale numbers I just want to hear it on the radio with everyone else.

A long time ago before internet and everything like that the radio was the best promotion. You hear a song enough, you like it and then you want to know who sings it and get the album. I miss those days.
Or see the artist on a TV Variety show or Network special. The night after "Motown 25" I came home with both "Thriller" AND "Off the Wall."

Bumper thanks for being in the thread. You add an interesting element to it!!

I have to say I am loving this wait.

WHAT?? Will they not release a single before after the album is released?? That can't be true!?! Seems very very stupid!!

I talked with Jazi from germany . She said that was a mistake. Single will be released before the Album as always :) the date and song title is still secret .

I talked with Jazi from germany . She said that was a mistake. Single will be released before the Album as always :) the date and song title is still secret .

Thank God! And you for the information.

Thank god for that. Just hope it's real real soon!!

didnt somebody say the first single was going to be released early may? we sure as hell better not be waiting that long!

come to think of it if they are still wanting fans and the medias opinion on there favourite songs then they obviously havent decided on the first single therefore next week would probably be too early would it not?

come to think of it if they are still wanting fans and the medias opinion on there favourite songs then they obviously havent decided on the first single therefore next week would probably be too early would it not?

Not necessarily. Assuming the NYC was the last listening party, I'm sure they have enough of a worldwide reception. Issue the single to iTunes on a Monday or Tuesday and send it to radio a few days later.

Ok guys, stop posting, because I'm going to sleep now and I won't have time to scroll through your posts when I wake up. As soon as I wake up you can of course continue posting.

Good night.

p.s. If the album is released in the meantime you can wake me up.

Oh thank God!! Very happy to hear this! Thank you for the Info. :)

I noticed in one of the pics a Clear Channel person also was present - i really hope they will make a deal with CC to give MJ some good airplay!

Didn't Hold My Hand release a full month before the "Michael" album?
I'm surprised that the estate haven't released one yet, I mean the album hype is slowly fading away and they should issue one this coming Monday or Tuesday and have a lot of radio airplay time.

I'm not saying that the person who said that they would release a single after the album came out is wrong, but I don't see how any record company can expect a profit return without some sort of commercial promotion for an album before it's released.

Therefore I'm assuming that epic records and the estate is going to release a single before the album is released. With all these listening parties going on well before the album release they have to have a single song in mind to release as a single before the album comes out.

Just my opinion

Now back on topic, according to Vibe magazine, LA Reid has made a version of Xscape that features vocals from Tupac Shakur, "Changes" to be exact. LA Reid claimed it wouldn't be on the album when asked...I sure hope not, I hope it isn't released period, not as a remix to the single or a B-Side or anything. I just don't see the two being a good combo, nor do I recollect Michael ever expressing interest in working with the man.

Last edited:

so love never felt so good seems to be the most likely candidate for the first single?

What was degrading about what this guy said? Overall, all I heard is praise for Michael. And if you are talking about the ***** thing, please get over it, for the Brits that's not an insult. There are a lot of British fans here, can you verify this? In an case I don't find it insulting because they are NOT insulting him in any way.
Well for one "*****" is not his name, it is a degrading and stupid term coined by the media that is still used even in his death and I don't feel it is acceptable. A lot of fans are sensitive to this term (which is why it's blocked on this site apparently) and I see no reason to use it is all I'm stating.

so love never felt so good seems to be the most likely candidate for the first single?

I sure hope not.
It's 2014 and that single would not have the commercial success that Slave To The Rhythm, Xscape, Do You Know Where Your Children Are would have.
If that's the first single, then I really hope this album sells at least 100,000 copies during it first week.

Don't mean to go off topic here, but has any new information surfaced about the song "Joy" that Teddy Riley talked about?.. and has the estate actually acquired it from Teddy Riley?

I'm quite interested in this track because it has MJ all over it imo, so I wanted to know if Teddy Riley actually sent over the master tapes like he said.

Now back on topic, according to Vibe magazine, LA Reid has made a version of Xscape that features vocals from Tupac Shakur, "Changes" to be exact. LA Reid claimed it wouldn't be on the album when asked...I sure hope not, I hope it isn't released period, not as a remix to the single or a B-Side or anything. I just don't see the two being a good combo, nor do I recollect Michael ever expressing interest in working with the man.

A little late on this one :p

In any case, I would love to hear it released. Michael did speak of working with Tupac numerous times to associates and collaborators, but it never happened. He did respect him immensely though. It won't be released on the album, but if Xscape is ever issued, I'm hoping we hear it. There's no reason why we shouldn't.

Don't mean to go off topic here, but has any new information surfaced about the song "Joy" that Teddy Riley talked about?.. and has the estate actually acquired it from Teddy Riley?

I'm quite interested in this track because it has MJ all over it imo, so I wanted to know if Teddy Riley actually sent over the master tapes like he said.

The last thing Riley said on the matter was that he was still looking for it.

Additionally, he didn't say he would send the masters. To my memory, he said he would send over the cassette tape, which implies that the estate either already has the masters and he's just wasting our time, or they're lost/misplaced.

A little late on this one :p

In any case, I would love to hear it released. Michael did speak of working with Tupac numerous times to associates and collaborators, but it never happened. He did respect him immensely though. It won't be released on the album, but if Xscape is ever issued, I'm hoping we hear it. There's no reason why we shouldn't.

The last thing Riley said on the matter was that he was still looking for it.

Additionally, he didn't say he would send the masters. To my memory, he said he would send over the cassette tape, which implies that the estate either already has the masters and he's just wasting our time, or they're lost/misplaced.

Uhh, source?

Exactly 30 more days until Xscape releases !!

Back