Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I really like all tracks except apwnn so far. please make me like sttr please!!!!

Been playing APWNN all morning, and it's finally grown on me, don't get me wrong the demo is still better in my opinion. But I love the first 30 secs of the track, if you love BAD album then I'm sure you'll understand.

Ok so, I havent been on here for a few days because of work commitments. However I just wanted to share my thoughts about the trackst so far.

Chicago - Is just amazing love the intro, the controversy surrounding the so called 'bird cheerpy' sounds really doesnt bother me at all. Infact I think it fits perfectly in the track, doesnt over power the tracks fits in where its needed. Love the layers within the song, to me its got a cracking R&B vibe, still keeping the classic MJ vibe. Only little quibble (just a small thing, nothing major) is that within the chorus where MJ is singing 'She was loving me' I would of liked it a little quieter. But Like I said it's nothing major… But overall its a fantastic track and I honestly cannot wait to hear the Original version.

Loving You - Is quite frankly the best up lifting MJ song for years, Love the bass, Love the piano, Love the vocals, Love the fresh sound, sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday. Classic MJ, gonna be a stayer.

A Place With No Name - Love the adlibs at the start with a organ of some kind resembles quite alot (to me) the hook from Leave Me Alone and 80/ early 90s Sega Mega Drive game. Can tell straiight away thats its a StarGate production. Love the track, again love the vocals, Love the layers. However it just feels it fails abit to grab hold of the bass element, also to me it feels like it doesnt have a build up towards the end of the track, but I love elements like including finger snaps and grittyness of the vocal. Again classic sounding MJ vocals, tells the story, Desired taste, some will love it some not so much, Me I like it but the other tracks so far have over shadowed it somewhat. Although I feel the Estate have done good by including the original versions (on the deluxe edition) a tactic that should be followed on future unreleased updated music.

:)
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

This post is off topic. :D
We had a disagreement about this over a week ago during which I expressed my opinion politely (unlike some other ppl, btw), and then let it rest. I don't see why you can't do the same and still have to post thinly veiled jabs.

OK, in my MJ "I love to tour" voice: I love this remix. :cheeky:
:lol:

Aaw Respect, you made me laugh.

Seriously, if you love some of other songs in this album, wouldn't your mood be dampened after reading pages and pages same people complaining about same thing?
I didn't listen to anything besides LNFSG because I want to wait for the full album w/ the demos to be released, but in the meantime I personally am enjoying reading people's opinions/reviews of the songs (like the one by SuperLee above). The main reason for that is because people are then talking about the music - describing what works for them and what does not - which is most interesting imo. Of course it would be ideal if we all loved all of the songs, but that's unlikely to happen. The discussions about the songs do not have to be antagonistic at all.

just listened to apwnn again and I swear I dont think ill ever be able to get into this. its just far beyond what mj would have done, I don't care wat anyone says.

I absolutely love the new version of APWNN. Maybe because I listen to songs more from Invincible? I dunno but I think its because of that. In 2000s MJ was re-inventing, exploring new sounds and trying out different styles. Invincible was a bold move. It was nothing like the MJ the whole world knew. He wanted to shed his "Thriller" image and for that he wanted to work with people who would give him exactly what he needed. Lets not forget

MJ REALLY WANTED TO WORK WITH STARGATE

I think Invincible is a brilliant album.. And I really feel the "Invincible" vibes in the current tracks. They are different and sounds "unique". And this kind of music isn't everybody's taste. But you can't deny they are all trippy and very different from the ordinary boring tracks that most artists are producing today. These producers knew what MJ wanted. And all they are doing NOW is staying true to MJ's style and keeping in mind his needs. And if it isn't your cup of tea, well we already have the demos so no complaints at all. :)

just listened to apwnn again and I swear I dont think ill ever be able to get into this. its just far beyond what mj would have done, I don't care wat anyone says.

You sir have no idea what Michael would have or wouldn't have done, full stop.
You just bring what "MJ wouldn't have done" to support your own opinion. State your own opinion, and leave MJ out of it. You don't know and you weren't in the studio with Michael.

I start to like APWNN more and more.

I dont expect anything from the new Xscape version. The original is perfect.

But I am very excited about the new "Blue Gangsta" and "Do you know".

I just turned up the volume - and WOW - that is how this song is supposed to be heard - LOUD !!

It just got 17 times better! - Powerfull and great! - Vocals are so clear! Great!

My advise to you who do not like it - give it a listen very loud!!

I just turned up the volume - and WOW - that is how this song is supposed to be heard - LOUD !!

It just got 17 times better! - Powerfull and great! - Vocals are so clear! Great!

My advise to you who do not like it - give it a listen very loud!!

Exactly!! That song is meant to be played on the stereo LOUD! :D

this new apwnn sounds a million times better than any other current artist.

I'm sick of todays stuff, but what i heard of xscape sounds unique and Michael was unique. so i don't get the disappointment..

if it's exactly his vision - we never know what it could have been.

I just saw on the Sony site that Loving You is on the cd...but that wasn't on the official tracklist, was it? Or is this the original of Chicago or something? I'm confused.

You sir have no idea what Michael would have or wouldn't have done, full stop.
You just bring what "MJ wouldn't have done" to support your own opinion. State your own opinion, and leave MJ out of it. You don't know and you weren't in the studio with Michael.

no I dont know exactly what he would of done but he last worked on apwnn a year before he died, after working on it for ten years. that gives me an indication that the last mix we have would of been fairly close to the end result he would of released, alot closer to this mess that sounds almost nothing like that version.

no I dont know exactly what he would of done but he last worked on apwnn a year before he died, after working on it for ten years. that gives me an indication that the last mix we have would of been fairly close to the end result he would of released, alot closer to this mess that sounds almost nothing like that version.

Unless he decided, for example, to give the song to Stargate and ask them to do something with it?

Justin Timberlakes website

http://justintimberlake.com/

What is about the performing of LNFSG on Ellens show. Was it a error or will it happen on another day?

I get what you mean. I really liked the leaked one better too. It was special to hear MJ where the instrumental was a acoustic guitar, it was really nice. This one is indeed very very different and totally removes that uniqueness. But i do think it will grow on you, some parts are nice in the song. I really don;t dig Loving you however. So far judging by several full songs i've heard it won't be an amazing album, not for me. Nor will i buy it. But it's good to see so much enthusiasm from fans though.

Does dangerous (the track) sound like the early version? (a few years difference between both). it's completely different.

what about pyt on Thriller vs early version?

maybe he would have done smth similar, but who knows.

Thats why the original one is on the Album too! Posted the 100th time now right?

I am happy to get both versions.

I just saw on the Sony site that Loving You is on the cd...but that wasn't on the official tracklist, was it? Or is this the original of Chicago or something? I'm confused.
It was. Some people who attended the listening sessions just accidentally assumed it was She Was Loving Me (no song titles were given at the listening sessions, so people just had to fill them in themselves). As it turned out, the song called Chicago on the cd is actually the song we used to call She Was Loving Me (the Cory Rooney track), not Chicago 1945 as many of us suspected. Chicago 1945 remains unreleased at this point. Loving You is a mid-eighties track that no one had really heard about before.

Does dangerous (the track) sound like the early version? (a few years difference between both). it's completely different.

what about pyt on Thriller vs early version?

maybe he would have done smth similar, but who knows.

No they dont sound similar but hes not here so we we have no way of knowing what he was going to do with apwnn. but in my opinion if they are going to release any songs that he never quite finished they should release them in a way that sound very similar to the last mix he himself worked on (same melody, etc) not create it into something totally different using somebody elses vision.

Last edited:

I guess I should know this, but are there any tracks on Xscape written just by Michael himself.

It irks me a little that they all seem to be written by other people when he is such a great songwriter (it annoyed me on Invincible also).

Or which ones did he co-write?

Cheers

Love it!

Please stop calling the original version "a demo" because it is not. It is a complete song. Stop insulting Michael's finished songs by calling them demos. - Love Never Felt So Good demo is a demo.

The new version of APWNN reminded me of the music from "Muse". A bit of 'Supermassive Black Hole' for example.

I guess I should know this, but are there any tracks on Xscape written just by Michael himself.

It irks me a little that they all seem to be written by other people when he is such a great songwriter (it annoyed me on Invincible also).

Or which ones did he co-write?

Cheers

He wrote solely Do You Know Where Your Children Are & Loving You.

Co-wrote Love Never Felt So Good, Xscape. Not sure about A Place With No Name.

Didn't write Chicago, Slave To The Rhythm. Not Sure about Blue Gangsta.

Annita;3998831 said:
Justin Timberlakes website

What is about the performing of LNFSG on Ellens show. Was it a error or will it happen on another day?

Rich+Tone Talauega &#8207;@Rich_and_Tone ·5. Mai
#secretmission pt.1 #kingofpop #iheartawards @Usher pt. 2 coming soon
http://youtu.be/cBnlKHoWzkI via @YouTube

Though it seems there is a 2. performing coming

Love it!

Please stop calling the original version "a demo" because it is not. It is a complete song. Stop insulting Michael's finished songs by calling them demos. - Love Never Felt So Good demo is a demo.

I don't believe MJ had finished APWN.

STTR, please bring the happiness back to this thread....

Back