Xscape General Discussion

well if we have to pick the next single it will def be STTR this song is huge just look at the Xperia ad everybody was asking for the song title and how they can get it

I am hoping so too. I really love that song. I wonder if they are looking at how many people download it to determine if it should be the next single?

But why should I buy this Single? Again just these Album-Versions?
They should at least add all 3 versions + the fedde le grand remix!

1. Love Never Felt So Good - Jackson, Michael / Heijden, Franck Van Der

Who is Heijden, Franck Van Der?

1. Love Never Felt So Good - Jackson, Michael / Heijden, Franck Van Der

Who is Heijden, Franck Van Der?

A componist who created the intro of the remake ;)
He also worked on the Hold my Hand-Rework.

Hey guys, I know I'm late to the party here but I've been reading these forums for about a year now, and I'm not quite sure why I haven't registered until now, but it's good to be here as a member now. I've been a huge MJ fan for a few years now, and I just wanted to say I think the estate and Sony did a fantastic job with the whole XSCAPE project... it's miles better than the Michael project. I can't stop playing it, it's that good. Of course there would be a few small things I would change if I were able to contribute to the project, but I'm sure that goes with everyone else to. All in all however, I think what has been done with this project thus far is quite incredible and I'm excited for what is to come, and I am excited to be apart of this community as well as being a regular poster here. -Spencer

Hey guys, I know I'm late to the party here but I've been reading these forums for about a year now, and I'm not quite sure why I haven't registered until now, but it's good to be here as a member now. I've been a huge MJ fan for a few years now, and I just wanted to say I think the estate and Sony did a fantastic job with the whole XSCAPE project... it's miles better than the Michael project. I can't stop playing it, it's that good. Of course there would be a few small things I would change if I were able to contribute to the project, but I'm sure that goes with everyone else to. All in all however, I think what has been done with this project thus far is quite incredible and I'm excited for what is to come, and I am excited to be apart of this community as well as being a regular poster here. -Spencer

Welcome Spencer. Thanks for bringing your happiness, energy and overall excitement to us. It is good to see more of us enjoying this album and the whole experience of the promotions and chart activity. The album keeps playing in our heads. I hope no one gets too distracted by the music while driving!!

Glad to have you here with us SpencerR and happy to hear how much you are enjoying the album.

I read your post and I'm like, how can anyone not love this album? it's that good! :)

Anybody know from where the US people can get the LNFSG Single CD?

Didn't even know the US had a cd. I thought this was only in Europe.

Those of you who are going to be beach tomorrow, don't forget to take Xscape with you. Bring an Xscape towel if you made one. Wrap it around your body and parade up and down the beach.

Last edited:
Didn't even know the US had a cd. I thought this was only in Europe.

Those of you who are going to be beach tomorrow, don't forget to take Xscape with you. Bring an Xscape towel if you made one. Wrap it around your body and parade up and down the beach.

The Estate reps really need to hire you for real, you absolutely know how to promote this album. :beer:

popcorn-MJ.gif

The Best of Internet ‏@TheBestofMJJ 3 h.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2 in Music Xscape ~ Michael Jackson http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JDB4PEY/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_kQQGtb0EX87HH … via @amazon

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ
UK Charts Albums #2 (Last week #1) Xscape - Michael Jackson Singles #10 (Last week #8) LNFSG

From The Estate of Michael Jackson: Hello MJ Fam:

It has been a whirlwind few weeks and we wanted to share some more good news with you. In the six days since the video of the virtual MJ dancing to "Slave To The Rhythm" was uploaded to VEVO, it has been viewed more than 10 million times and that number is continuing to grow steadily. The performance gave the Billboard Music Awards its highest ratings in 13 years, and the response in the general public has been overwhelmingly positive – if you look at the VEVO post, you can see that the likes outweigh the dislikes 10 to 1!!!! This tells us it is a major success w/the general public which, after all, is what we all want – for the rest of the world to see and love Michael the way that we all do. The efforts of the last few weeks, and especially, the performance on the Billboard Awards is working!

While expectations might have been built up due to Alki David's frivolous lawsuit and inaccurate comments (he was not involved with the production at all), and ABC's efforts to promote the show, the Estate has tried hard to keep expectations in check. The Estate is proud of what has been achieved with the promotional activations over the last few weeks but recognizes, along with all of you, that no one/nothing can replace Michael. Fans all over the world are speaking out with their positive comments online and with their support for Xscape and now the general public is taking notice and joining in.

The general public, and more importantly the media, often takes cues from the fan community. The support of the fan community publicly will only augment the support of the general public for Michael Jackson.

The MJ fans have much to be proud of - HITS Magazine put Xscape in its number one spot based on it's tallies for US sales, the record is the #1 selling album worldwide for its first week and the #1 streamed record on Spotify for the first week of release! The illusion has put Michael back in the forefront of the entertainment world and helped promote Xscape.

The Estate hopes that the fans are as thrilled as they are to see so much positive press about Michael from every corner of the globe. It is heartwarming to see that the overwhelming reaction from the general public to the new music and to Michael. As we mentioned in one of our emails last week - we're just getting started. Keep watching for what's next.

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

I have been listening to Xscape every day. What stands out in Timbaland’s BG is the beautiful bridge. I would love to hear an instrumental remix of BG which expands on that bridge.

MJ Online Team (a plea from Tygger):

please, please, PLEASE understand the value of the product you have with Xscape. The prize and pride is in Michael’s VOCALS. This is what needs to continue to be promoted as it was respectfully promoted by L.A. Reid, Timbaland, and Jerkins when they were on various television shows and through Xscape's dvd discussion with the producers. There is no need to resort to and continuing cheap tricks to promote this quality product. The illusion did not put Michael "back in the forefront of the entertainment world." Please do not forget Michael/Xscape was number one in 50 countries before that.

Tygger;4013328 said:
I have been listening to Xscape every day. What stands out in Timbaland’s BG is the beautiful bridge. I would love to hear an instrumental remix of BG which expands on that bridge.

MJ Online Team (a plea from Tygger):

please, please, PLEASE understand the value of the product you have with Xscape. The prize and pride is in Michael’s VOCALS. This is what needs to continue to be promoted as it was respectfully promoted by L.A. Reid, Timbaland, and Jerkins when they were on various television shows and through Xscape's dvd discussion with the producers. There is no need to resort to and continuing cheap tricks to promote this quality product. The illusion did not put Michael "back in the forefront of the entertainment world." Please do not forget Michael/Xscape was number one in 50 countries before that.

Tigger - I may not agree with you about the illusion but I really respect your opinion and your passion. I am glad that we agree on the quality of the album and I am really looking to the future promotions for the album. What a year this is turning out to be thanks to the amazing voice and spirit of Michael Jackson

Okay, I just watched that you tube clip posted in the Xscape News Section about Quincy Jones and was a bit puzzled why he would say.... 'what am I gonna learn from Michael?' ....when asked about working with him. I know context is important, but I don't get why he would say something like that. He may not have wanted to learn to sing and dance but I'm sure there was more to Michael than that.

I hear him speak about Michael at times and he kinda comes off as a tad bit bitter towards him.

Hmm... what could Quincy Jones have learned from working with Michael Jackson the King of Pop? It is interesting that even Quincy Jones reduces Michael to a singer and dancer (in the interview anyways). He seems to have forgotton that Michael Jackson is the sole composer of classics like Billie Jean and Beat It amongst countless other gems. So surely Quincy Jones could have learned from MJ the art of composition?! I am sure that in reality he was in awe of this young man who penned such songs and would go on to conquer the entire world. If you compare Michael Jackson's demo for Billie Jean and look at the end result you can see how huuuuge Qunicy Jones contribition was... not.

Anyways, I'm enjoying Xscape very much. I think it's a great birthday gift to surprise friends, family and colleagues with.

Paris78;4013315 said:
The Estate hopes that the fans are as thrilled as they are to see so much positive press about Michael from every corner of the globe. It is heartwarming to see that the overwhelming reaction from the general public to the new music and to Michael. As we mentioned in one of our emails last week - we're just getting started. Keep watching for what's next.

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Great response from the estate and I'm looking forward to see what is coming next.

IMO some people underrated a bit an innovating aspect of the VMJ. No matter what technique was used, it was something new that wasn’t done before. So IMO the VMJ did help with “the forefront of the entertainment world."

The general public is curious about it! As it is not an ordinary performance so it grasps attention. And the performance was actually very beautiful. So the video has a lot of views and positive feedback. And it doesn’t take away a fact that the first man who is the reason of attention and positivity is Michael Jackson. It brought more attention to Xscape album and MJ’s music and it’s good.

I love Xscape and I think it worth of some interesting ideas for promotion. And I have to say that according to the songs that are yet to be released as singles and how far they are ready to go according to VMJ – the best is yet to come.

It WAS done before though...Anyway, there is a thread for this so this doesn't have to spill over into other threads, like this one. Which is just about the album in general.

Nora Timberlaker ? ? ?@Nora74100 2 h.

@ErinStevenson This Shot is amazing and beautiful! Such a beauty .. A tenderness for Michael Jackson pic.twitter.com/2DH2kRo119
BokyozMIcAAHjtz.jpg

Look at this little guy from Japan - Celebrating Xscape Party (MJJFanclub Japan)

WOOT WOOT This is worth sharing -- #MJXSCAPE #MJFAM http://fb.me/19qdhvZju

made my day :clapping::punk:

Right on. I think Xscape is magnificent and love it. For some fans to say 4 or 5 more years for a new album no way! Way too long. Like it or not we only got 2 unheard songs. I don't want to here you didn't have to listen garb either. It's not very often you get a new Mj song. They did it on purpose for sure and they did a great job. 3 years tops for a new album of unheard songs there is plenty. They don't want to milk it too much people lose faith and interest. This album is doing well but for the quality of material it should be doing much better in terms of sales. Its far better than anything that has been out in a long time.

I think it is doing great when you think it is a posthumous album. I know the material is superb but ppl will always have doubts because this is the first time (as far as I know) that a posthumous album is THIS great. Posthumous albums in general are never taken seriously, they are supposed to be incomplete demos, or outtakes that the artist didn't put in the original album because it did not pass the grade, etc. So to have this album be like a real legitimate album is going to take time and some convincing. But I believe in time ppl will take notice. :D

I'm surprised by my own reaction to LNFSG :D Before album release I was kind of sure I'm not going to like it because PA involvement in it, but since I heard it first time, that damn song doesn't leave me alone at all. It keeps playing in my head, so have no quiet moment at all. Some occasion when LNFSG happens to leave me head only to be replaced by others songs from the album:) I love LNFSG original because Michael's vocals are so lovely. He sounds like he just woke up (sleepy voice) and started singing. I personally cannot put songs in favourite order because it changes daily, some days I like APWNN, sometimes BG and so on :wild:
I have to say, Xscape song list is very well selected and works, because there is so many different type of songs so it suits to everybody (or at least should), and I'm clad that I didn't bother with leaked songs so I had no expectations how they should have sound.

Annita, if you read here, what do you think of the songs?

Who is PA?

Tricia70, PA = Paul Anka

Allusio;4013354 said:
IMO some people underrated a bit an innovating aspect of the VMJ. No matter what technique was used, it was something new that wasn’t done before. So IMO the VMJ did help with “the forefront of the entertainment world."

When VV was introduced Ludacris said Michael was number one in 50+ countries so Michael was already in the forefront.

Xscape was (is) number one because of Michael's vocals and the respectful, quality job done by the producers. Anyone purchasing the deluxe received the bonus of Michael's vocals on the original mixes. That is a win-win.

I personally do not want to see focus taken away from that and placed on a stunt that Michael nor the producers were involved in minus the song. I believe focus has to stay on the songs. That's where the magic is.

BokWg6nIYAAjFSL.jpg:large

King of Pop ? ?@KingofPopTweets 3 h.

US Target chart, #MJXscape is still on top- #1 and # 2! :) pic.twitter.com/VgWuRxScq4
BokqzPZCAAA5t5V.jpg

Welcome Spencer ! I am glad you are enjoying XSCAPE as much as we all are :chillin:

Nora Timberlaker ? ? ?@Nora74100 2 h.

@ErinStevenson This Shot is amazing and beautiful! Such a beauty .. A tenderness for Michael Jackson pic.twitter.com/2DH2kRo119
BokyozMIcAAHjtz.jpg

Look at this little guy from Japan - Celebrating Xscape Party (MJJFanclub Japan)

WOOT WOOT This is worth sharing -- #MJXSCAPE #MJFAM http://fb.me/19qdhvZju

made my day :clapping::punk:

Can someone please tell me how to share this in Facebook? I am at a total loss sometimes when it comes to social media. But THIS I have to share. IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!

Quick question, I've got both versions of the album. I ripped the deluxe on to my laptop, I was just wondering if there is any way to turn them into Mp3's. I've got a convertor but once I've converted them they don't play. Any ideas ?

Back