Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

Have people forgotten what HYPE is?........

This is it people.

We will be waiting and waiting and waiting. That was always a part of the Michael Jackson experience for me since 88, and I'm glad we are still clouded with mystery.

The difference between 1988 and now is that in 1988 MILLIONS of people - the whole entertainment industry, media, music buyers etc - were waiting in anticipation of a new Michael Jackson album. The hype was actively sought and promoted by MJ and Sony. Everybody was excited to see what he would do next. These days it's a few thousand fans on MJ message boards. Building hype like it's 1988 has little to no impact on the wider world. The only people waiting for this release is us. Nobody else knows it's coming because there is no hype, only silence.

I personally don't like the idea of releasing something for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th anniversary. It is like the estate says: it is Michael's 5th anniversary (he died) and here we have a new CD, DVD for you to buy to celebrate Michael's death. If they release something, hopefully the release date is not tied with his death date or even the same month.

agree. if they wanna do something like that put it out on his birthday

The difference between 1988 and now is that in 1988 MILLIONS of people - the whole entertainment industry, media, music buyers etc - were waiting in anticipation of a new Michael Jackson album. The hype was actively sought and promoted by MJ and Sony. Everybody was excited to see what he would do next. These days it's a few thousand fans on MJ message boards. Building hype like it's 1988 has little to no impact on the wider world. The only people waiting for this release is us. Nobody else knows it's coming because there is no hype, only silence.

Michael's new album already got considerable hype with Timbaland saying that he was involved. Very rarely are posthumous albums hyped prior to an announcement. For example, look at the most recent Jimi Hendrix album. There was no news of it coming out; it was a pretty darn good surprise.

you're right. the world isn't anticipating a new MJ album except a few thousand fans on the forum. Miss the days when his album release was as huge as events such as the Olympic games/world cup. wish i could turn back time..

I think very happy negotiations will soon begin between the estate and several producers, looking forward to how this project will turn out when it's finalized. and the last photo shoots documentary was confirmed for this year, has anyone found any updates on this?

I think very happy negotiations will soon begin between the estate and several producers, looking forward to how this project will turn out when it's finalized. and the last photo shoots documentary was confirmed for this year, has anyone found any updates on this?

What do you mean the last photo shoots were confirmed for this year? What photo shoots?

What negotiations?

bobmoo79;3957198 said:
What do you mean the last photo shoots were confirmed for this year? What photo shoots?

http://michaelthelastphotoshoots.com/

What negotiations?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/PentumMJ">@PentumMJ</a> not yet. projects are handled by the estate before they are submitted to sony. negociations w/ some producers pending though.</p>&mdash; richard lecocq (@richardjllecocq) <a href="https://twitter.com/richardjllecocq/statuses/428537303414222849">January 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think they can do something special in 2018 ,then it´s 60 years since Michael was born.
Perhaps another dvd/bluray from This is it, album with classical music.

MIST;3957273 said:
I think they can do something special in 2018 ,then it´s 60 years since Michael was born.
Perhaps another dvd/bluray from This is it, album with classical music.

i think this is it 10th is more logical ;) maybe 30th Anniversary Moonwalker Deluxe edition in 2018 :D

Just listened to the real tracks on the Michael album for the first time in a long, long time. It's actually a great album in my opinion. Best Of Joy is beautiful, if this new album was a fully real album similar to this one, I think it should be great.

Just listened to the real tracks on the Michael album for the first time in a long, long time. It's actually a great album in my opinion. Best Of Joy is beautiful, if this new album was a fully real album similar to this one, I think it should be great.

I agree, I listen that album (7 real songs, I deleted 3 others from my computer recently) quite often, especially Hold My Hand, Hollywood Tonight & Much Too Soon. Those 3 are my favourites. I like Behind the Mask (minus that fake live intro and Bucharest shouts) but that song in my opinion doesn't fit on that album, vocals are just very youthful and different from the rest of the album. They should have saved that one for Thriller re-issue of some kind.

I agree, I listen that album (7 real songs, I deleted 3 others from my computer recently) quite often, especially Hold My Hand, Hollywood Tonight & Much Too Soon. Those 3 are my favourites. I like Behind the Mask (minus that fake live intro and Bucharest shouts) but that song in my opinion doesn't fit on that album, vocals are just very youthful and different from the rest of the album. They should have saved that one for Thriller re-issue of some kind.

i completely agree with you, IMO 1989 was the last major change in Michael's voice! that's why 'Slave To The Rhythm' & 'Monkey Business' sound a little similar to 'A Place With No Name' & 'Hold My Hand' in terms of vocal pitch :)

i think this is it 10th is more logical ;) maybe 30th Anniversary Moonwalker Deluxe edition in 2018 :D

For some reason I don't like the word anniversy with MJ. I use it too ZAkk nothing against you. I wish they would use terms like Dangerous Cuts or Invinceable Sessions. You know it just makes things sound kind of past tense, like they don't me as much. Like leftovers or something. Then people in there mind I believe think MJ didn't think they were good enough or something and that's not the case with these songs. I want them to mean more. I believe there are tracks hanging around that were just as good as tunes on the albums. Does that make sense?

There should be unique marketing not this same ol same ol. Grab some attention positive marketing. Aggressive, MJ was aggressive. What do I know. Lol

For some reason I don't like the word anniversy with MJ. I use it too ZAkk nothing against you. I wish they would use terms like Dangerous Cuts or Invinceable Sessions. You know it just makes things sound kind of past tense, like they don't me as much. Like leftovers or something. Then people in there mind I believe think MJ didn't think they were good enough or something and that's not the case with these songs. I want them to mean more. I believe there are tracks hanging around that were just as good as tunes on the albums. Does that make sense?

There should be unique marketing not this same ol same ol. Grab some attention positive marketing. Aggressive, MJ was aggressive. What do I know. Lol

yeah, i do agree. tbh, hmmm.. perhaps they could call it Michael Jackson's Moonwalker The Definitive Cut? including some making of footage, alternate camera angles and thing's like that perhaps? sorry for being off topic! haha, back to new album talk.. who you think they'll negotiate with to produce the rest of the tracks then? i want them to get Babyface :)

I have a feeling we might see a spring release date. I mean on the 12 Jan 2013 Michael Prince tweeted & hinted about "New MJ Songs Coming Soon". That was a year ago, and on the 21st August Al Berry tweeted "just finished A session for a Michael Jackson project.. Laid down some funky bass". Not only that Timbaland also said that he he will wrap up his part of the production by the end of 2013. Now that a year has passed there surely has been a considerable amount of production work done right? I dunno these are just my thoughts, either way I'm looking forward to the new album!

I'm with you and OnirMJ. As a seven-track EP, Michael honestly is pretty darn good. Of course I would change a few things if I had the chance (remove the processing/spoken word bridge on Hollywood Tonight; include the original recording of Another Day, etc.), but for the most part I love the music we got.

Why does every release suggested need to be anniversary related? I'm not against them and I even welcome them for some projects (primarily the studio albums, i.e. Bad 25, Dangerous 25) but we shouldn't have to wait for an anniversary to get products based around old releases.

Last edited:

I recently threw Michael onto my iPhone and I've listened to it a lot more than I thought I would. It really is brilliant. I prefer the original Another Day but the other tracks are pretty brilliant. Hopefully they can repeat it, a solid 10 track album like the 7 on Michael would be brilliant.

i have learnt not to get my hopes up. we will be seeing a ton more releases over the next 60 years or so.. but there's no point in getting worked up about it. the song i want most is silent spring, anyone else as intrigued as i am to hear what this recording sounds like?

^ Mmm, not really, as we basically know nothing about it

^ Mmm, not really, as we basically know nothing about it

that's my point, you don't need to know everything about an unreleased song for it to be fantastic.

^ But why would you get excited for a song we don't know about? For all we know, that song (a) could be too incomplete to be released or (b) could actually be a pretty bad song.

We should only be excited for songs we know about -- i.e., She Was Lovin' Me.

^ But why would you get excited for a song we don't know about? For all we know, that song (a) could be too incomplete to be released or (b) could actually be a pretty bad song.

We should only be excited for songs we know about -- i.e., She Was Lovin' Me.

as i say, we shouldn't come to conclusions too quickly.. it's a title i am intrigued by and would love to know if Michael completed it vocally.. we can't completely disregard it, let's just wait and see.

Most of the songs on the list Michael made DO NOT HAVE VOCALS. He was prepared to record them in London. I'd take that list with a grain of salt. Only half a handful of songs from that list are complete enough for release.

Hold My Hand, Best of Joy and Hollywood are amoung the most complete im sure.

^^ Billy is right on that one, as unfortunate as it may seem.

The Estate is majorly lacking in post-trial recordings, as Joseph Vogel will back me up on. However, this is a mixture of several different reasonings. As some have already commented, there is a fairly large number of songs that the Estate does not have to their disposal. As far as we know, there could be a whole album of post-trial songs out there somewhere.

For now, I wouldn't make any bets on any songs recorded after 2005. Focus on songs from, say, the Invincible era -- they're much more prosperous.

^^ Billy is right on that one, as unfortunate as it may seem.

The Estate is majorly lacking in post-trial recordings, as Joseph Vogel will back me up on. However, this is a mixture of several different reasonings. As some have already commented, there is a fairly large number of songs that the Estate does not have to their disposal. As far as we know, there could be a whole album of post-trial songs out there somewhere.

For now, I wouldn't make any bets on any songs recorded after 2005. Focus on songs from, say, the Invincible era -- they're much more prosperous.

then i sure do hope the estate can track down every post trial song out there. they need to be heard, if not now then down the line.. i'm sure they'll acquire them eventually. so yes, i agree.. let's wait and see what happens regarding Michael's unreleased recording's

Most of the songs on the list Michael made DO NOT HAVE VOCALS. He was prepared to record them in London. I'd take that list with a grain of salt. Only half a handful of songs from that list are complete enough for release.

Hold My Hand, Best of Joy and Hollywood are amoung the most complete im sure.

And exactly how do you know that? You keep saying that like it's a definite fact.

^ He doesn't. All I will say is that he is wrong.

Back