Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Maybe there will be a radio edit version of LNFSG for the single. Plus a reworked version for the music video. And maybe the demo on the deluxe version is a different version than the leaked one. We would have 6 different versions :D

I hate it when they say "bonus track" and it turns out to be a remix of an existing track. They should call it whatever they want, but just don't call it a bonus track.

A let down to say the least. 'Hollywood Tonight' Demo would have been more fitting if I'm
Honest rather than having three Song's that are exactly the same.

Maybe there will be a radio edit version of LNFSG for the single. Plus a reworked version for the music video. And maybe the demo on the deluxe version is a different version than the leaked one. We would have 6 different versions :D

Maybe we'll get a best of album containing 15 tracks, all being different versions of 1 song: LFNSG

I like how you guys can still laugh about it and accept every single thing they do at the moment, but you have to know that there are people who don't buy BS like this. And I'm one of them.

Knowing, for a fact, that Hot Fun has been recorded and remixed with a great selection of artist which would've been a great bonus track (and extra track since the album has few 'new' tracks already) and it gets replaced by not a new bonus track, which would've been fine, but LNFSG... Seriously people?

I suppose OnirMJ is pleased endlessly.

Hahaha. Again, I'm not against the song, I'm against it being the first single.

Oh when my dream projects are finally released, give me a notice? I'll be busy buying items Michael released until the estate sort there heads out.

I bet nobody's too happy about a LNFSG remix instead of a new track (nobody says it's instead though - you chose to believe the unofficial reports) BUT to cancel a preorder is an overreaction.

Oh and this one is an unofficial report for now too.

It seems odd that the estate have listened to the fans on so many things regarding this release and now... I am happy with the inclusion of LNFSG but 3 versions may be a little extreme!

It's the one song that has caused the most controversy x

I like how you guys can still laugh about it and accept every single thing they do at the moment, but you have to know that there are people who don't buy BS like this. And I'm one of them.

Knowing, for a fact, that Hot Fun has been recorded and remixed with a great selection of artist which would've been a great bonus track (and extra track since the album has few 'new' tracks already) and it gets replaced by not a new bonus track, which would've been fine, but LNFSG... Seriously people?
Maybe Hot Fun is an undeclared hidden bonus track. Track 17 could last 9 minutes (3 minutes LNFSG + 3 minutes silence + 3 minutes hot fun)

Believe me, I'd be very disappointed if an additional version of LNFSG replaced Hot Fun, too. But right now I'm not willing to believe each and every rumour that appears. It's much more fun to take things easy and enjoy the anticipation and mystery prior to the release :)
Also, I think it isn't verly likely to get people like D.Angelo and Bliege to record a song and then letting it collect dust in a drawer.

I think it will be ok. :) Even if its true - one bonus song that some may not care for isn't going to spoil the whole album or all other other great tracks on it. - Its just an additional bonus track added. I find it odd that anyone would not purchase Xscape and scrap the whole album just because they don't like one particular song on it . but that's their peragotive.

Plus this information about the bonus track is not confirmed yet . So lets just wait and see.

That being said , if its true I also find the decision to do that very Odd and not well thought out.. The only reason I can think of is maybe it was a concession to Paul Anka for allowing them to use LNFSG. We just have to wait and see. I know some fans are just dying to find something negative to attack and complain about ... so maybe this ones for them :lol: then we all can do what we do best.. Its certainly not going to make or break the album regardless. IMO

Believe me, I'd be very disappointed if an additional version of LNFSG replaced Hot Fun, too. But right now I'm not willing to believe each and every rumour that appears. It's much more fun to take things easy and enjoy the anticipation and mystery prior to the release :)
Also, I think it isn't verly likely to get people like D.Angelo and Bliege to record a song and then letting it collect dust in a drawer.

I'll just hope this will end up being a mistake or a bad joke. Otherwise I really see no more need to support this.

Everybody just needs to calm down. There are absolutely NO official reports yet regarding Love Never Felt So Good being the bonus track. You're all freaking out over something that may end up being nothing.

I think it will be ok. :) Even if its true - one bonus song that some may not care for isn't going to spoil the whole album or all other other great tracks on it. - Its just an additional bonus track added. I find it odd that anyone would not purchase Xscape and scrap the whole album just because they don't like one particular song on it . but that's their peragotive.

Plus this information about the bonus track is not confirmed yet . So lets just wait and see.

That being said , if its true I also find the decision to do that very Odd and not well thought out.. The only reason I can think of is maybe it was a concession to Paul Anka for allowing them to use LNFSG. We just have to wait and see. I know some fans are just dying to find something negative to attack and complain about ... so maybe this ones for them :lol: then we all can do what we do best.. Its certainly not going to make or break the album regardless. IMO

The fact LNFSG is already on the album should make Anka happy enough. Also, they only got a tape and didn't get any masters or whatever from Anka (assuming he has them) so I don't call that a good deal if it were the case. And in the end, if they did make a deal, why even put LNFSG on the album if it means this much trouble?

EDIT: Oh, and as for the bonus song, it does mean a lot to me as it was 1 more new song instead of the already 6 leaked ones + I love Hot Fun (the original) and was very much looking forward to it/something new.

That Amazon France tracklisting does not look official to me, the song titles aren't even capitalized.

Pipe down, I think we should still be happy we're offered all this and the original demos, has that ever been done for another artist? They have to reach out to all kinds of fans, hardcore fans and especially casual fans. You are to be supporting Michael by buying this, not buying it seems like an insult. However, realistically, Coldplay's album is released the same week as 'Xscape', the preorders for Coldplay's album is much higher charted at the moment, so it's very unlikely that Xscape will be number one, probably number two, unless there is a strong promotional campaign within the next few weeks, we'll wait.

Coldplay comes out May 20 NOT the same week as xscape. So it still has a chance to be no.1

The original press release stated the deluxe version would have 8 songs and 8 demo's. A day or so later when the placement appeared on iTunes the mysterious 17th track appeared. Once again people make up a wish list of what they want and if what they had hoped was not the 17th track they decide to throw all there toys out of their pram.

If you are one of them people grow up and face reality, just because they did not live up to the hype you built up in your head is no reason to act like a spoilt brat.

it is also worth noting the tracklist is not 100% confirmed yet.

The original press release stated the deluxe version would have 8 songs and 8 demo's. A day or so later when the placement appeared on iTunes the mysterious 17th track appeared. Once again people make up a wish list of what they want and if what they had hoped was not the 17th track they decide to throw all there toys out of their pram.

If you are one of them people grow up and face reality, just because they did not live up to the hype you built up in your head is no reason to act like a spoilt brat.

You know, I'm quite sick of posts like these claiming people (like me, assuming it was aimed at me) are spoiled brats. Tell that to everyone who hates the Cascio tracks will you?

It was pretty fair to assume Hot Fun would be the bonus track because of the mysterious posts and knowing D'Angelo and Mary J Blige featured on it etc. This was known for quite some time so I definitely had my fair share of time to get adjusted to the feeling we would be getting atleast 1 more new track to the already small album which contains no less than 6 leaked songs from which 1 is LNFSG, a mediocre (but fun) song at best.

Now I'm not even going to start this discussion with the lot of you because that has already been done in many pages back, but I feel that I, as a (potential) customer and one of the many fans of MJ, deserve a worthy and good release which will be good. I was not one of the many people who liked the idea of LNFSG on the album, even though I think it's a fun song but I accepted that. Then we found out it was/is most likely going to be the lead single, a very dissapointing choice, but okay, I accept, I had more to look forward to. But 3 times LNFSG? No thank you. I would rather have a remix of Xscape with 2Pac on it.

Coldplay comes out May 20 NOT the same week as xscape. So it still has a chance to be no.1

No, it comes out May 16 nearly everywhere but America, same week as Xscape.

This just in - The album is no longer called Xscape. "Love Never Felt So Good" is the reported new title, the first single, "Love Never Felt So Good" is to be released May 5th, with bonus track "Love Never Felt So Good" as a B side on the single.

Can't wait!!

(this is a joke/sarcasm. I am still fully in support of the new album and plan on buying/promoting the crap out of it.)

Some people will always find a reason to complain about. I don't like this, I don't like that, blah, blah! Some of you are protesting for ONE song for f@@@@@ sake!!! If you cannot find any reason to enjoy the Xscape album please let us people who can!!! If Michael would release something like that NOBODY would say a word! Please enjoy it or leave it!!!

No, it comes out May 16 nearly everywhere but America, same week as Xscape.

According to iTunes, Amazon and Wikipedia, it is released in the UK on May 19th. The only countries getting it on Friday May 16th are the countries that generally release Fridays anyway.

I hope that Coldplay won't beat MJ. :/
It's a successful band, man.

Last edited:

Some people will always find a reason to complain about. I don't like this, I don't like that, blah, blah! Some of you are protesting for ONE song for f@@@@@ sake!!! If you cannot find any reason to enjoy the Xscape album please let us people who can!!! If Michael would release something like that NOBODY would say a word! Please enjoy it or leave it!!!

Excuse me for having a different opinion. Because anything negative must be destroyed, right?

Let me help you out of this dream world,

People are allowed to have their opinion about this album, be it very negative or be it very positive, it's their opinion. If you don't share the same opinion, then don't be bothered by it. I know I won't.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not protesting for 1 song, apparently I'm protesting against 3 of the same songs.

according to itunes, amazon and wikipedia, it is released in the uk on may 19th. The only countries getting it on friday may 16th are the countries that generally release fridays anyway.

okay pipe down it's not an argument is it?

my previous post was deleted.
so here is what I want to say:

I never aimed at "teasing" fans. I have been working on several MJ releases for some 10 years now. My goal is always to share the most accurate news with the fans when I can do it.
Chicago = SWLM
CHICAGO 1945 is not SWLM
when I posted a photograph of projects I have worked on in the past, it was to announce my own MJ next project, which I will announce in full this May.

May these words be understood for what they are. If anyone make their opinion about me, they should know I am here to answer any question. I just think it is always better to talk to aomeone one on one, IMHO.

Thanks.

Last edited:

just to clarify Michael's comes out May 12/13 in U.K. and the U.S. and earlier in other countries. Coldplay a WEEK later.

I will wait and not write anything about the tracklist on the deluxe edition before SONY and the estate has made an official statement regarding the tracklist!

Back