Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Where you find the demo?!?

Blue Gangsta is such an awesome song!

I have no idea why the reviewers have overlooked it. This is one of the best songs on the album IMO.

OMG I can't wait to get mine now, so close!!!!!! :wild: I'm supposed to be studying for music right now, listening to MJ counts as studying right?? ;)

Most definitely!!!

Sorry, I'm not digging the new version of Gangsta. The leaked version is better then this. It's ok..might have to grow on me. At least it's not as bad of a rape job as APWNN was.

Btw, the included booklet's lyrics are full of mistakes, unfortunately.

Blue Ganster 2014 is 1000x better than the demo.

Now its actually listenable.

After listening to the original demo of STTR- I have to say I much prefer the original demo over the timbaland mix. Also, Tricky's version is real HQ wud be just as good or probably better than the demo.

Few more points that I wanted to make:

*The tempo of both the Demo and Tmbaland's version sound a little slow and needs to be increased just a little. (I tried doing that with the basic wav pad sound editor and it really sounds better with the speed altered)

* I hope there is some way to get Tricky's version in real HQ

* Birchey- You need to cut the celebrations and get back to work on the demos........lol (Im a huge fan of your birchey...dont mind)

the tricky version in mastered hq sound leaked back when the jb version has leaked

and where did you hear the demo of STTR??

Please someone give us other folk a heads up on where to hear the STTR demo!!

I just woke up and my day wont go right if I can't hear it :(

You know what makes the people confused about that new BG?? that the song doesn't keep up a one direct way..it keeps changing all the time..i have no problem with that at all..I love that version sooo much cause i have always said that the original needed to be more hip hop...but IMO Timbo should have:
1) increase the horns not decrease them
2) he should have a stronger fuller beat than that jackhammer beat

other than that The song is perfect..Love how he kept freeze vocals the same ( except for the haa babeee in the end he almost musted it and buried it down ) :D

That Ellen segment from two days ago makes me think a slightly retouched version of Tricky Stewart's Slave to the Rhythm might be released as a B-side single. But I'm usually horribly off base with my speculation, so...

Edit: The original Slave is a thing of beauty. 0_0

Last edited:

DYKWYCA... I don't know, man. I like it, but damn, the original was incredible. But I do expect many people to hate it.

Btw, the included booklet's lyrics are full of mistakes, unfortunately.

The estate has the cooperation of the original songwriters. If the lyrics are wrong, it's because they gave them the wrong ones. Maybe the lyrics you had were wrong.

Ok so I think I found the STTR demo on YouTube but it says it's not available in my country...and I'm in california! Lol

I think it's safe to say we will have the demos leak today.

The lyrics in MICHAEL had Because Shes Only Fifteen in them.

The STTR demo is insane!

I found a couple videos on you tube with the Slave Original version demo....1 was the Tricky mix, the other wouldn't let me view it because it's not available in my country....WTF! If it's not available, why allow it to be listed on my search list? Assholes! lol

Just heard the STTR demo... not gonna lie, I love it. Not sure if I prefer it over the Timbaland version though... it sounds like a Sega video game, particularly the synthesizers.

I'm shocked though. L.A. Reid said the demo was just vocals, drums and bass, nothing else.

BG is million times better than the demo.

I'm blown away by the original version of Slave... (Yes, Sega video game sounds, but this is a demo while we have Sega video game sounds on the remix part of the album as an artistic choice, so...)

sttr demo is truly insane, timbaland should have kept the main beat.

loving both versions tho

Back