Xscape General Discussion

Man, when I hear Do You Know Where Your Children Are (original), I miss the 80s!

Man, when I hear Do You Know Where Your Children Are (original), I miss the 80s!
RIGHT? I am in LOOVE with the original version... geez. Gives me such 80's blues... even though I was too little to remember that time :lol:

I just adore all of the originals on this and some of the remixes (Loving You, Xscape, Chicago, mostly) and I think that's about it for now... what I extremely disliked was the commentary that L.A Reid and Timbaland made about some of the songs... as if suggesting they weren't good enough before they worked on 'em. IDK if I can post it but yeah, those who have the Deluxe edition know what I'm talking about (hopefully) that's just wrong because IMO, a lot of the originals are waay better than the remixed versions.

RIGHT? I am in LOOVE with the original version... geez. Gives me such 80's blues... even though I was too little to remember that time :lol:

I just adore all of the originals on this and some of the remixes (Loving You, Xscape, Chicago, mostly) and I think that's about it for now... what I extremely disliked was the commentary that L.A Reid and Timbaland made about some of the songs... as if suggesting they weren't good enough before they worked on 'em. IDK if I can post it but yeah, those who have the Deluxe edition know what I'm talking about (hopefully) that's just wrong because IMO, a lot of the originals are waay better than the remixed versions.

:)

I think for us fans anything that comes from MJ is usually good. Well, at least for me. But we're way too subjective to say what is really good or not. So, I think that LA Reid with other producers were just honnest about their opinion from another perspective. They would have probably said to MJ the same thing, something liek look it's damn good, but let's try some alternative things to see how it sounds. And up to MJ to bless or not. As I said, MJ is not there to bless any of the producer's jobs. So, I se it this way: Walt Disney created Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney is dead, but Mickey Mouse isn't. The post-humous Mickey Mouse will never be as good as Walt Disney's, nevertheless the people working on Mickey mouse projects have in some regards to be perfectionists and do their best to make it contemporized. The same goes with MJ's music and what he left incomplete and unreleased behind without the possibility to come up with final touches.

Before:
Steamboat-willie.jpg

Now:

300x180

Everything comes down to newer generations.

One more thing, I also remember that with every new album many people became new fans, while some older fans ceased being fans claiming that MJ ddi'nt do the same music and were disappointed with newer albums. Some Thriller fans didn't like BAD album, some BAD fans didn't like DANGEROUS, and so on, and so on. That's the price to pay for making each album different: MJ used to gain new fans and at the same time he used to lose older ones beause of all the changes he brought to the music.

Usually the newest fans were those who more easily accepted and started to like older albums. Older fans very often had difficulties to accept the updated music on the newer albums. Invincible is a good example, because lots of older fans seem to dislike it.

Last edited:
Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I bought the studio masters also. WOW!

I finally managed to do that by changing my greek ip into a french ip to avoid the country restriction of qobuz.

Please let us in on how to do that :) any french VPN we can use?

WOW! That's great! Quick, someone make me french for 5 hours! :D

What are these studio masters and how do I get my hands on them?

BBC Radio 2 just played "loving you". Sounds beautiful when you know that several million people are listening at the same time x

Which version did they play?

I like both. Just curious though.

They played the 'new' mix. Each day they are playing a different track as part of the 'album of the week' feature.

I think they are playing the 'contemporized' versions as it is this part that is being publicised as the album with the original versions considered as a 'bonus'. X

The estate knows that we don't want the Bieber duet released at any point.

Really?? Bad 25 documentary?

This is happening. If we don't do something.

"There's nothing that can't be done
If we raise our voice as one"

Well you want to see him as a co-writer (the guy is the writer, producer, and composer of the original version) all what MJ did was sing (the original was originally intended for Anka's duet album) + i don't really get the hate for this Anka while Riley and others used MJ name to do some horrible stuff

FALSE. Anka is the CO-writer, CO-producer, and CO-composer of the original version. What MJ did was CO-wrote, CO-produce, and CO-compose the original version!

Really?? Bad 25 documentary?

This is happening. If we don't do something.

"There's nothing that can't be done
If we raise our voice as one"

For heavens sake, you are seriously hell bent over nothing!
La Reid can say what ever he likes but do you seriously think the estate doesn't know the fans reaction to JB and still goes ahead and releasing it? La Reid said he wanted to do document of MJ, starting from OTW and he presented this to Branca, to which he declined. Isn't that clear indication that Branca knows how to say no to La Reid?

Btw, I rather have 10 songs JB ft MJ than have even 1 song J4 ft MJ:D

It was a good segment, showed a number of clips from the documentary, although Lauer did briefly mention the latest sexual allegation.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Reid may have said this would be his last MJ project. I missed the beginning of his sentence so I could be wrong.

I wish they booked a spot on Good Morning America as well. Since now it's bigger in ratings unlike the Today Show..

RF:

"Exclusive: Michael Jackson’s “Hologram” will be a “Slave to the Rhythm”

I told you exclusively last week that Michael Jackson would appear in the form of a hologram on the Billboard Music Awards this Sunday.

Here’s an update: the Jacksonian projection will “sing” or perform to “Slave to the Rhythm,” a track from the “new” “Xscape” album released officially yesterday.

“Slave” is a fragment of music Jackson left behind, recorded in the 1980s. Last year, Justin Bieber put out a version with his vocal on it after Jackson’s kids gave him an MP3 file of it. That version was not used on “Xscape.”

The hologram is either 3D or 2D, a la the 2012 “Tupac Shakur” which shook up the Coachella Music Festival that year. That image was created by John Textor, the same man who is said to be putting together the new one. Textor is rather a controversial figure these days. His company, Digital Domain, went bankrupt soon after going public in 2012. Investors were left high and dry. He has a new firm now, and is aiming at making holograms out of any dead celebrity whose heirs or executors want to resurrect them. Elvis Presley may be next.

By the way, the people themselves, not just their careers, have to be dead. Mel Gibson wouldn’t count.

Ghoulish or foolish? I guess we’ll see what the reaction to this is on Sunday."

Back