Xscape - Reasons You SHOULD Buy It

tu_michael1985

Proud Member
[video=youtube_share;Qg0KulFT2W4]http://youtu.be/Qg0KulFT2W4?t=40s[/video]

Although I have made the video above, I missed this point (which I think it is very important):

Some fans believe we should NOT support Sony
Michael's anger was actually towards the Chairman CEO Tommy Mottola. But Mottola left the company in 2003 and Michael signed a new contract with Sony in 2008 to release ‘Thriller 25.’ This clearly shows that Michael was at peace with Sony and was happy to work with them. So we should support the album

What is your opinion?
I am gonna order Xscape album directly from Amazon right now! :D

What you've written was taken from this:

Why You Should Support ‘Xscape’ - By Matt Blank, MJWN
http://www.mjworld.net/news/2014/04/16/why-you-should-support-xscape/

With regards to the new album, ‘Xscape,’ I feel that ignoring “the elephant in the room” would be stupid…allow me to explain. We are more than aware that ever since this album was announced, a minority of fans with large voices, have spoken out against the release. Their arguments are:

The Estate are just money grabbers

We shouldn’t support Sony, as Michael hated Sony

Michael wouldn’t want any songs he didn’t complete released

After the ‘Michael’ album with the controversial Cascio tracks on in 2010, we shouldn’t support 'Xscape'

People shouldn’t be making money off a dead man

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinions, I feel strongly that Michael Jackson should still be successful, and in doing so, I want to set the record straight. I’m not part of the Michael Jackson Estate and therefore am not under any obligation to produce this article to support them. I just want to help get Michael Jackson to number one in 2014!

I would therefore like to answer arguments about this project as I see it:

1) Some think the Estate are money grabbers
We must remember as fans that whilst the Estate employees will be paid, money made by the projects they produce also go to charities as Michael requested and to his children. These are the biggest benefactors.

2) Some believe we shouldn’t support Sony
Michael had a well documented fall out with his record company in 2002. However, his anger was towards the then Chairman CEO Tommy Mottola. Mottola left the company in 2003 and Michael signed a new contract with Sony in 2008 to release ‘Thriller 25.’ This clearly shows that Michael was at peace with Sony and was happy to work with them. If Michael was happy, we should be happy.

3) Some think that Michael wouldn’t want any songs he didn’t complete released
There is certainly an argument to be made that Michael would be unhappy to have unfinished songs released to the public. But that said, he worked harder than any other artist throughout his career and he would have wanted that legacy continued. Releasing albums such as ‘Xscape’ is a great way to help continue what Michael worked so hard on, and even if you personally don’t like the songs, it doesn’t tarnish what Michael released whilst alive, in my opinion. The ‘Xscape’ album has been delicately handled and everything released since Michael’s passing has been worked on by people who knew him or worked directly with him.

4) After ‘Michael’ in 2010 we don’t want to support ‘Xscape’
I cannot speak on behalf of the Estate, however, I would say that after the controversy that surrounded the Cascio tracks on the last album, they probably have certain regrets, as those three tracks certainly marred the release. During our sessions with the Estate in LA, they spoke very fondly about what they’ve created since 2009, though notably skipped talking about the 2010 album. They also stressed (and rightly so) that the new album is nothing like that of ‘Michael’ and that under no circumstances will they be using any tracks from the Cascio family again. The Estate has also listened to the fans reaction and learnt from last time, and that’s why we will have all the original demos on this forthcoming album, as last heard by Michael himself.

5) People shouldn’t be making money off a dead man
The fact of the matter is, the Estate can’t create things to give away for free. That would be poor business management and be a massive detriment to Michael’s children. If they were to believe you shouldn’t make money, then nothing could be released or produced (including Cirque Du Soleil, anniversary albums, live tour DVD’s etc…). That would sadly mean that Michael Jackson’s legacy would die with him, with nothing further to promote his great talents.

In conclusion I would say that to not support ‘Xscape’ is to not support Michael Jackson. The general public don’t know much about the problems Michael had with Sony over ten years ago, or the drama over the Casico tracks four years ago. All the public see is how releases fair in the charts. What will be remembered at the end of the day is whether or not Michael Jackson is still a number one artist or not. Only you can help Michael achieve this.

Let’s make Michael Jackson number one again and support ‘Xscape’.

I really wish that Michael Jackson will have another number one song (or 8) so it's makes me a little sad to see that there are people who will not buy. So I think it is important so support it. And this time, it seems like the estate have done the most things right. Have not heard the new songs yet, but I have heard the old demos and I love them.

And for future release and Michael´s legacy , isn't it important to support it?
I don't know how younger people think, but I have a feeling, and read here and there, that many of the younger people today will have new things. Maybe the new album will make some new fans, who also by the older albums?

There is NO Reason in the world why you should buy this or any other Michael Jackson album, beside because you like the music. not because someone coax you "you should buy" it or you think you have to because you're fan and dream of Michael having #1.

So please prevent opening such threads and let everyone decide for them self. Thank you.

There is NO Reason in the world why you should buy this or any other Michael Jackson album, beside because you like the music. not because someone coax you "you should buy" it or you think you have to because you're fan and dream of Michael having #1.

So please prevent opening such threads and let everyone decide for them self. Thank you.

I don't see anything wrong with this thread. I think people or fans should be correctly informed about this new project. Some of these people are misguided and misinformed and that is the reason they won't buy it. There is absolutely no reason we should state the facts about this whole project and let them decide.

lom kit;3986116 said:

I agree but some fans are confused and don’t know what to do because of disinformation.

This thread is not about “instructions” on what to do but explanation and it’s highly appreciated!!!

There’re a lot of fans who try to prove that boycott is very important and necessary.
There must be something to oppose it.

Sony saw Michael as a cash cow. If you believe that the managers of his Estate care about Michael Jackson, you're fooling yourself. He would still be alive if that were so.

I plan to buy it, but not right away. I hope it is available to stream on Spotify. Pennies on the dollar is about all the Estate deserves from me, anyway, since Michael isn't here. If Michael were still alive, I would buy it, because I would want to support him.

How about to support MJ3?

I don't care if the managers care - it’s business. I do care and that's enough!

Michael worked all his life not to be forgotten and NOT for us to ROBBED HIS CHILDREN !!!

The fact we actually need this sort of thread in the first place, on a Michael Jackson forum of all places, is rather sad.

Two reasons you should buy Xscape:

Michael.
Jackson.

But seriously though, for everyone who says "This post isn't necessary", I do not believe tu_michael is doing anything wrong, simply providing us some information. Not everybody out there in the world is aware of this information. For example, there are lots of people out there who won't support the album because they think Michael was still on the outs with Sony, which as we now all know, isn't true.

If this thread is bothersome to you, don't read it. There's plenty else on the forums to read :D

Last edited:
^ theres alot of grey areas and there is alot mot than what u posted there..

Idk hownto makes sense that if were fans of mj the person we won't buy it because theres no mj support..

1. I can br fan of the person and thr music
2. Someone can be a fan of mj the person and still buy the album
3. What do u mean there is no mj to support? Just because he is not living doesn't mean there is no michael jackson. A person is so much more than a body!!

Every year for example we celebrate MLK day, Christmas, and various holidays but tgose people are not living.. its supporting the person to some extent even when they pass.

This my belief- if you don't buy Michael's album you are not a fan period. It is Michael's work - unreleased material he worked on will be on this album. This is supporting his legacy. If there is NO music, no Immortal tours or ONE in Vegas Michael would be forgotten for the new generations. So these so called fans imo, want this to happen because that would be the consequence. I believe these ppl are incredibly selfish and don't look at the big picture.

This my belief- if you don't buy Michael's album you are not a fan period. It is Michael's work - unreleased material he worked on will be on this album. This is supporting his legacy. If there is NO music, no Immortal tours or ONE in Vegas Michael would be forgotten for the new generations. So these so called fans imo, want this to happen because that would be the consequence. I believe these ppl are incredibly selfish and don't look at the big picture.

tumblr_mzpwnly0eT1shm9rjo1_400.gif

Two reasons you should buy Xscape:

Michael.
Jackson.

That has been the ONLY reason I've purchased his music for decades. I respect him as an artist and the caring human being he was. It's not about his mama, kids, siblings, dad, etc. for me, because quite honestly they don't matter or factor into my choice to purchase his music. They never have and they never will.

And also, it's nice to have a hard copy of the album. I bought 3 copies of the last album, "Michael", so I at least have to buy one hard copy of this one.

I am a very big MJ fan.. And I don't want to demotivate anyone but I'm not buying this album.. I don't like anything of it. I am sorry but I'm disappointed. I don't think anyone should use "MICHAEL JACKSON" as an excuse to buy this album. That means they can sell us everything. That's not fear. We want quality! We want MAGIC.

I am a very big MJ fan.. And I don't want to demotivate anyone but I'm not buying this album.. I don't like anything of it. I am sorry but I'm disappointed. I don't think anyone should use "MICHAEL JACKSON" as an excuse to buy this album. That means they can sell us everything. That's not fear. We want quality! We want MAGIC.

Who's to say that the album won't be quality or magic? Wait until you hear it before you jump to conclusions like that.

gosh, those fans who are boycotting this album now already, must be rly ignorant

"MICHAEL JACKSON" as an excuse? An excuse of what? What can be wrong in buying something I like ...

I believe there'll be quality, as for magic I feel it already.

It's a Michael Jackson album for f-cks sake get your freaking -ss up and buy it!

:wild:

There.

reasons to buy this album - ReasonS - plural??

I only need one reason!! - It's MICHAEL JACKSON - FFS ! !!!! !

Enough said.

I think if people want to totally avoid the album that's their thing and I couldn't care less if they for some strange reason don't wanna hear new MJ tracks. BUT lets face it, most people who "boycott" the album are going to get in anyway in some questionable and very illegal ways and then justify it with some "We do it for Michael" slogans. True everyone is entitled to make their own choice but really, if you're going to enjoy the music, pay for it. Help Michael in those sales charts. Do the right thing.

When I saw the title my first immediate thought was 'duh because I can't wait to buy it'

My problem with those people who say that they are not going to buy the album is who the F*ck cares? Why go to a forum and broadcast that you are not going to buy an album. Just don't buy it and shut up. Stop trying to bring negativity to everyone else who is excited about something from Michael. Listening to the first single that premiered on the iheart awards show just heightened the excitememt for the album. The tribute and hearing the song at the same time made my heart race. Btw,I have heard the leaks of the song before and that still did NOT dampen my enthusiasm when I heard it the other night.

Again,I say to the people who are boycotting this album. Do so, if that's what YOU want to do. I just hope those peoples' negativity doesn't influence anyone else. IMO, I really think this album is going to live up to the expectations because of LA Reid's involvement. The promotion has been OUTSTANDING.

Well, go to a magic show then 'cause the person who could've given you the magic you seek is no longer here to do so.

I am one fan that has no desire of getting that album. Why should I get an album that is just going to sit unopened and unplayed with. Like my Michael and Immortal albums. And I totally regret now of ever getting those albums. Without Michael there is just no point of getting that stupid album. And I am sorry that I call it that. But that is how I see it as. To me the only MJ albums that is worth getting and listening to. Are the ones that came out when we still had him. This album along with the Michael and Immortal albums shouldn't even exist.

I am one fan that has no desire of getting that album. Why should I get an album that is just going to sit unopened and unplayed with. Like my Michael and Immortal albums. And I totally regret now of ever getting those albums. Without Michael there is just no point of getting that stupid album. And I am sorry that I call it that. But that is how I see it as. To me the only MJ albums that is worth getting and listening to. Are the ones that came out when we still had him. This album along with the Michael and Immortal albums shouldn't even exist.

And that is your choice.

But there are fans like myself who will be buying and supporting this album because we simply love Michael.

Back