Xscape.... Watch us buy into the system lose in the world today

Vengeance

Proud Member
Just by looking at the track listing i'm seeing old stuff which has been around the web for many years and edited "improved" versions of the same tracks, heres just a few obvious examples.

4. "A Place with No Name"
5. "Slave to the Rhythm"
7. "Blue Gangsta"
8. "Xscape"
12. "A Place with No Name (original mix)"
13. "Slave to the Rhythm (original mix)"
15. "Blue Gansta (original mix)"
16. "Xscape (original mix)"

Sony really don't have much stuff to give us.

Michael didn't release Xscape in invincible because the leak hurt him, he didn't put it on ultimate collection and wouldn't probably have released it at all within his lifetime, even during the times when money had become an issue for him.

Now sony release it....

I suppose I will end my rant with some lyrics...

"When, when, I, I, Gooo, I wont have these problems any more, problems from the world, won't bother me noo more"

;'(

I personally feel; this is an injustice, woe unto he.... This punishment really doesn't seem to have shown any mercy.

Exploitation of our fellowship to the king.

Just by looking at the track listing i'm seeing old stuff which has been around the web for many years and edited "improved" versions of the same tracks, heres just a few obvious examples.

5. "Slave to the Rhythm"
7. "Blue Gangsta"
8. "Xscape"

Michael didn't release Xscape in invincible because the leak hurt him, he didn't put it on ultimate collection and wouldn't probably have released it at all within his lifetime, even during the times when money had become an issue for him.

Now sony release it....

"When, when, I, I, Gooo, I wont have these problems any more, problems from the world, won't bother me noo more"

;'(

I personally feel; this is an injustice, woe unto he.... This punishment really doesn't seem to have shown any mercy.

What the f*ck?

Aren't you tired of the negetivity and ridiculous Sony rant already? Michael and Sony have mutual interests, put that in your mind. Sony is a part of Michael and Michael is a part of Sony!!!

Xscape was completed after Invincible, it's your own fault for listening to the leaks. Do not come here and blame the estate, this is your own doing.

fullscreen-capture-4102014-85515-am.jpg
:heart:

Woahh Woahh Woahhh,

Screw this... I can't take it, what happened to constructivity...

stab me why don't you :'(

I don't know why I came here... bye.

What the boycotters always forget: whatever Michael's relationship was with Sony he would have never wanted his albums flop. And whatever he felt about Sony the harsh reality of the business was that he was tied to them (if for nothing else then because of the ATV/Sony catalogue) and it would be as complicated for his Estate to go to another record company as it was for him. Sony is a business corporation, you do not have to like them, but if you buy an MJ product - whether old or new - you will always put money in their pocket. Unless you want to boycott MJ's full adult catalogue - but who would you hurt the most with that? Michael. I'm sure he would not have wanted that his works be boycotted so that he would fade away. He wanted to live forever through his works.

As for saying things like "Michael would have never released this song or that song in his lifetime" - that's just ridiculous. How do you know? Michael often went back to older songs and released them years or even decades after they were first written.

Why is this still an issue? I've heard most of the tracks before as well so what. That's how I know that Sony is making a good choice by officially releasing them....Geeze everyone has an opinion, but I'm getting a little tired of this constant negativity from some people.

5. "Slave to the Rhythm"
7. "Blue Gangsta"
8. "Xscape"

Now sony release it....

;'(

fhd008SHM_Kevin_Hart_007.jpg

This thread passed the time anyway... I needed a laugh! Bring on XSCAPE!

I personally think it's a great idea to release these songs officially NOW and deal with the fact that they've previously leaked (although LA Reid claims to not have known until recently that most of the original tracks had leaked already)..

That means when we get another posthumous album (I'm guessing in 2017) that NONE of those songs will be heard by any of us (most likely)..

I personally think it's a great idea to release these songs officially NOW and deal with the fact that they've previously leaked (although LA Reid claims to not have known until recently that most of the original tracks had leaked already)..

That means when we get another posthumous album (I'm guessing in 2017) that NONE of those songs will be heard by any of us (most likely)..

I just noticed, we have seven of the Song's Michael planned to release whilst in London! All we need for a complete authentic planned album is 'Silent Spring', 'Shut Up & Dance', 'Adore You'and the other tracks that I can't recall right now.

I disagree, i listened to all leaked songs and i want to buy the album RIGHT NOW !!!!!

i cant wait for the album and i will support it no matter what because it is 100 percent mjj

Maybe Michael wouldn´t have released Xscape but if he still was alive he had written new songs.
Another thing if it did hurt Michael that his songs leaked, why did you listen to them?
He didn´t want fans to listen to them

Are people still crying that some songs have been leaked before? Who cares? So because of that, it should never be released? ugh

i am so fricken sick of posts like this. If you dont like it, dont buY it. Stop complaining, get over yourself, and move on... Please! We dont want to hear it!

Michael didn't release Xscape in invincible because the leak hurt him

The Song was prepared to be released on his unreleased album "Resurrection", but it was cancelled due the child abuse trial.

Plus: Nobody complains about it, but honestly, i have to admit, the idea to release only 8 songs, that's pretty dumb.

The Song was leaked in 2002.

Plus: Nobody complains about it, but honestly, i have to admit, the idea to release only 8 songs, that's pretty dumb.

This has been discussed. The Estate only has just so many songs (with completed or near-completed vocals) to release. Last I knew the number was around 20 or somewhere in the 20's. And if they want to release more albums in the future, they can only put just so many on an album. If there are, let's say, 24 songs in the vault, It wouldn't make sense to put 20 of them on one release. They'd have nothing to use for the future. But, if they chop it up into smaller bits- 8 per record- then they can put out 3 different albums over the course of a decade or so. To me, it's a good business decision.

And if you get the standard edition, yes, you're only getting 8. But with the deluxe, you're getting the 8 remixes + 8 demos + 2 videos + 1 unheard track = 19 tracks in total. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

i am so fricken sick of posts like this. If you dont like it, dont buY it. Stop complaining, get over yourself, and move on... Please! We dont want to hear it!

These people are SELFISH. :doh:If it were up to them Michael would be silenced. Nothing should come out of the vaults. But how about his legacy? Sure Michael has his catalog when he was alive, but that is not going to sustain his legacy in the long run. Michael wanted to be immortal and the only way is to spread his music (released, unreleased) as much as possible. Also how about ALL the fans that want to hear the unreleased material he worked on?

I don't get the fans who say MJ wouldn't want us hearing unfinished tracks because he was too much of a perfectionist. Have they conveniently forgotten that MJ himself sanctioned the release of rough and incomplete demos in his lifetime? Listen to a song like In The Back... you couldn't get much more unfinished than that and he was fine about us hearing that one. Same with Fall Again. Same with the demos on the 2001 Special Editions.

What about songs like If You Don't Love Me or Monkey Business? They weren't deemed strong enough by MJ to make it onto Dangerous and yet he was still happy for the fans to hear them.

Some fans just enjoy being holier than thou IMO. I feel the same way about will.i.am hoarding the work he did with Michael (although part of me suspects MJ never completed any vocal takes for Will's shitty music and Will is just saving face publicly).

Last edited:
The Song was prepared to be released on his unreleased album "Resurrection", but it was cancelled due the child abuse trial.

There was no album entitled Resurrection. That was a fan myth. Michael was working in 2002/3, but he didn't have a release date, concept or title in mind when the allegations hit.

This has been discussed. The Estate only has just so many songs (with completed or near-completed vocals) to release. Last I knew the number was around 20 or somewhere in the 20's. And if they want to release more albums in the future, they can only put just so many on an album. If there are, let's say, 24 songs in the vault, It wouldn't make sense to put 20 of them on one release. They'd have nothing to use for the future. But, if they chop it up into smaller bits- 8 per record- then they can put out 3 different albums over the course of a decade or so. To me, it's a good business decision.

There are between 30 and 40 songs that are completed. There are over 100, meanwhile, that are partially completed, and we all know that many of Michael's "partially completed" songs (Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy, Beautiful Girl) could be finished posthumously. Just pointing that out.

I don't get the fans who say MJ wouldn't want us hearing unfinished tracks because he was too much of a perfectionist. Have they conveniently forgotten that MJ himself sanctioned the release of rough and incomplete demos in his lifetime? Listen to a song like In The Back... you couldn't get much more unfinished than that and he was fine about us hearing that one. Same with Fall Again. Same with the demos on the 2001 Special Editions.

There was only one release that ever featured an incomplete song on it, and that was The Ultimate Collection. Michael continued to go back to some of those songs later in his life as it was.

The 2001 special edition inclusions were all finished. Carousel, Streetwalker, Fly Away. The only exceptions were the demos of Don't Stop and Working Day and Night, but those were early recordings of already released, completed songs.

What about songs like If You Don't Love Me or Monkey Business? They weren't deemed strong enough by MJ to make it onto Dangerous and yet he was still happy for the fans to hear them.

They were finished.

Back