You can release ONE previously unreleased track. Which one do you choose?

mj_frenzy;4286128 said:
Fans are not really interested in a possible, posthumous release of the ‘Hot Fun In The Summertime’ song.

Have you spoken to every single Michael Jackson fan? How do you come to a conclusion that "fans are not really interested in a possible, posthumous release of the 'Hot Fun In The Summertime' song?"

Please speak for yourself and not others. I, as a Michael Jackson is very much interested in the release of Hot Fun In The Summertime.

I don't personally consider him a reliable source tbh.

Well, he seems pretty frustrated that he didn't get (according to him) ''enough'' credit for his work with MJ. But I do believe what he said about Man In Black because even Adrian Grant has stated that he heard the track (back in 1990) and that he was impressed by how great Michael's vocals sounded in that song. So I'm assuming that he heard a version in which you could actually hear a lead vocal.

(Btw Bryan Loren has also stated that he actually wrote the rap part in Black Or White, not Bill Bottrell. It's up to debate whether or not he was telling the truth, though.)

Man in Black was a thing in MJ community since the early 90s. I’m sure Adrian spoke about it for the off the wall mag.

mj_frenzy;4286128 said:
Fans are not really interested in a possible, posthumous release of the ‘Hot Fun In The Summertime’ song.

The reason is that Michael Jackson sings very few lines on that song, and they filled the many missing vocal parts with the vocals from other artists who lent their voices to the song (such as, Mary J. Blige, D'Angelo).

You know the original song ain't a solo recording, don't you?

Exactly. It’s probably one of the strongest tracks left in the vault. Also Casey Rain was lucky enough to hear it and has praised the song. https://thevioletreality.com/its-tim...d-67b4b4be246e
Nite Line;4286150 said:
Have you spoken to every single Michael Jackson fan? How do you come to a conclusion that "fans are not really interested in a possible, posthumous release of the 'Hot Fun In The Summertime' song?"

Please speak for yourself and not others. I, as a Michael Jackson is very much interested in the release of Hot Fun In The Summertime.

SmoothGangsta;4286153 said:
I don't personally consider him a reliable source tbh.

dethorro;4286156 said:
Well, he seems pretty frustrated that he didn't get (according to him) ''enough'' credit for his work with MJ. But I do believe what he said about Man In Black because even Adrian Grant has stated that he heard the track (back in 1990) and that he was impressed by how great Michael's vocals sounded in that song. So I'm assuming that he heard a version in which you could actually hear a lead vocal.

Bryan Loren co-produced ‘Men In Black’, so he knows what he talks about (concerning the existence of its finished version).

Joseph Vogel also confirmed that this song is a finished, unreleased song (that was recorded in 1990).

The only debatable thing about this song is the album that the song was recorded for.

Joseph Vogel states that the song was recorded for a brand new studio album (so, not for the ‘Decade’ album), whereas Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead state that the song was recorded for the ‘Decade’ album and not for a brand new studio album.

Other sources are also conflicting about the album that this song was recorded for.

mj_frenzy;4286196 said:
The only debatable thing about this song is the album that the song was recorded for.

Joseph Vogel states that the song was recorded for a brand new studio album (so, not for the ‘Decade’ album), whereas Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead state that the song was recorded for the ‘Decade’ album and not for a brand new studio album.

Other sources are also conflicting about the album that this song was recorded for.

Well, it is known that the recording sessions in mid 1989 had begun with the aim to produce a few new tunes for the Decade project. At some point in 1990 the idea of releasing a greatest hits compilation got tossed away. I see no conflict between both statements.

Fuzball;4286200 said:
Well, it is known that the recording sessions in mid 1989 had begun with the aim to produce a few new tunes for the Decade project. At some point in 1990 the idea of releasing a greatest hits compilation got tossed away. I see no conflict between both statements.

The sources (including Joseph Vogel) that state that the song was recorded for a brand new studio album (and not for the ‘Decade’ album) they mention that the recording of that song began in 1990 and after the cancellation of the ‘Decade’ album.

That is why various sources give conflicting statements about the album that this song was recorded for.

Do anyone know where the song Men In Black was talked about? was it around the time when the first Men In black movie was release because Michael a big fan of that and I wouldn't be surprise that why he made a song for it but never was release or done for the soundtrack.

I'm interested in hearing hot fun in the summertime too as well. and Michael did kind of made a greatest hit album back when history was release because sony want it him too. so what he did was put his old songs with the new songs that's why it was a two disc project.

mj_frenzy;4286196 said:

Adrian Grant heard the song on March 20th 1990. I highly doubt that they were already making an entire new album at that point. I think they scrapped the idea for Decade in around June 1990.
It is also possible that they kept on working on Man In Black until the end of 1990/start of 1991 when Teddy Riley came on board.

NatureCriminal7896;4286246 said:
Do anyone know where the song Men In Black was talked about? was it around the time when the first Men In black movie was release because Michael a big fan of that and I wouldn't be surprise that why he made a song for it but never was release or done for the soundtrack.

That's real?

Yes that's a real song. Apparently you have not seen the entire 1993 deposition tapes like I did. I only saw it once though. And in the one part of the tape he gave a list songs of his songs that he recorded that still remains unreleased. That was one of the songs he has mention that he recorded. And I have always been so very curious about that song. More than I have been with the MIB song.

Yes that's a real song. Apparently you have not seen the entire 1993 deposition tapes like I did. I only saw it once though. And in the one part of the tape he gave a list songs of his songs that he recorded that still remains unreleased. That was one of the songs he has mention that he recorded. And I have always been so very curious about that song. More than I have been with the MIB song.

It's just unknown (at least for us) if MJ had ever recorded it.

Oh wow. I never heard of that one.

Oh wow. I never heard of that one.

The full list of then-unreleased songs addressed during the 1993 deposition (with relevant quotes) are as follows:

1. "She's Not a Girl" ("It was recorded but never released. It's a demo I did, I think at the Encino house.")
  2. "You Ain't Gonna Change Nothin'"
  3. "Lucy is in Love with Linus"
  4. "Who is the Girl With Her Hair Down"
  5. "Lonely Man"
  6. "Going to Rio" ("[I wrote it] before Thriller, before Off the Wall")
  7. "Tomboy"
  8. "Buffalo Bill"
  9. "Al Capone"
  10. "Michael McKellar"
  11. "Thank You for Life" ("[It] was written... boy, way before Off the Wall... '73, '74, something like that.")
  12. "Much Too Soon"
  13. "What a Lonely Way to Go" ("[It was written] before Off the Wall.")
  14. "Who Do You Know"
  15. "You Are a Liar"
  16. "Cry"
  17. "Make a Wish"
  18. "Crack Kills"
  19. "Free"
  20. "Fly Away"
  21. "The Children's Hour"
  22. "A Baby Smiles"
  23. "Sister Sue"
  24. "Little Susie"
  25. "Tragedy of a Cheerleader"
  26. "Get Around"
  27. "Little Girls"
  28. "In the Valley"
  29. "Red Eye"
  30. "I Forgive You"
  31. "Why Shy"
  32. "I Have This Love of Me"
  33. "Llama Lola"
  34. "California Grass"
  35. "Kentucky" ("I wrote that one... [in] '70-something. I don't remember exactly.")
  36. "Someone Put Your Hand Down"
  37. "Do You Know Where Your Children Are"
  38. "Bad Girl"
  39. "Lonely Bird"
  40. "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) [Original Version]"
  41. "People Have to Make Some Kind of Joke"
  42. "Love Never Felt So Good"
  43. "Alright Now"
  44. "Scared of the Moon"
  45. "Neverland Landing"
  46. "We Are the Ones"
  47. "What's Your Life?"
  48. "Fantasy"
  49. "The Sky is the Limit"
  50. "Saved by the Bell"
  51. "Chicago 1945"
  52. "Make or Break"
  53. "Turning Me Off"
  54. "Sunset Driver"
  55. "Far Far Away"
When asked by an attorney how many of these songs were in cassette form, Michael said, "Most of them are on cassette." However, if you skim through the list, you'll see finished songs (e.g., "Do You Know Where Your Children Are," "Crack Kills," "Chicago 1945") and incomplete demos (e.g., "Free," "P.Y.T. [Original]," "Al Capone"). So there's no telling exactly what state most of these songs are in -- a cappella concepts, instrumentals, half-finished demo tracks, finished songs, etc.

Even so, there are 55 titles here, 45 of which we've yet to hear -- and most of THOSE are completely non-existent in terms of back story. I'm fascinated in learning more about them.

dethorro;4286251 said:
Adrian Grant heard the song on March 20th 1990. I highly doubt that they were already making an entire new album at that point. I think they scrapped the idea for Decade in around June 1990.
It is also possible that they kept on working on Man In Black until the end of 1990/start of 1991 when Teddy Riley came on board.

They were already making an entire new album at that point (March 20th, 1990).

The ‘Decade’ project had already been abandoned by late November/early December (1989).

Press reports that circulated at that time also confirm that.

Bryan Loren, who is the key factor here, has to clarify when they exactly started recording the ‘Men In Black’ song.

Bryan Loren said in his interviews that he was working with Michael Jackson since 1989 until the very final recording sessions that took place in October (1991).

If they started recording the ‘Men In Black’ song earlier than late November/early December (1989), then the song was meant for the ‘Decade’ album.

But if they started recording the song later than late November/early December (1989), then the song was meant for the ‘Dangerous’ album.

Given that Michael Jackson is not alive, only Bryan Loren can solve that mystery.

The full list of then-unreleased songs addressed during the 1993 deposition (with relevant quotes) are as follows:

1. "She's Not a Girl" ("It was recorded but never released. It's a demo I did, I think at the Encino house.")
  2. "You Ain't Gonna Change Nothin'"
  3. "Lucy is in Love with Linus"
  4. "Who is the Girl With Her Hair Down"
  5. "Lonely Man"
  6. "Going to Rio" ("[I wrote it] before Thriller, before Off the Wall")
  7. "Tomboy"
  8. "Buffalo Bill"
  9. "Al Capone"
  10. "Michael McKellar"
  11. "Thank You for Life" ("[It] was written... boy, way before Off the Wall... '73, '74, something like that.")
  12. "Much Too Soon"
  13. "What a Lonely Way to Go" ("[It was written] before Off the Wall.")
  14. "Who Do You Know"
  15. "You Are a Liar"
  16. "Cry"
  17. "Make a Wish"
  18. "Crack Kills"
  19. "Free"
  20. "Fly Away"
  21. "The Children's Hour"
  22. "A Baby Smiles"
  23. "Sister Sue"
  24. "Little Susie"
  25. "Tragedy of a Cheerleader"
  26. "Get Around"
  27. "Little Girls"
  28. "In the Valley"
  29. "Red Eye"
  30. "I Forgive You"
  31. "Why Shy"
  32. "I Have This Love of Me"
  33. "Llama Lola"
  34. "California Grass"
  35. "Kentucky" ("I wrote that one... [in] '70-something. I don't remember exactly.")
  36. "Someone Put Your Hand Down"
  37. "Do You Know Where Your Children Are"
  38. "Bad Girl"
  39. "Lonely Bird"
  40. "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) [Original Version]"
  41. "People Have to Make Some Kind of Joke"
  42. "Love Never Felt So Good"
  43. "Alright Now"
  44. "Scared of the Moon"
  45. "Neverland Landing"
  46. "We Are the Ones"
  47. "What's Your Life?"
  48. "Fantasy"
  49. "The Sky is the Limit"
  50. "Saved by the Bell"
  51. "Chicago 1945"
  52. "Make or Break"
  53. "Turning Me Off"
  54. "Sunset Driver"
  55. "Far Far Away"
When asked by an attorney how many of these songs were in cassette form, Michael said, "Most of them are on cassette." However, if you skim through the list, you'll see finished songs (e.g., "Do You Know Where Your Children Are," "Crack Kills," "Chicago 1945") and incomplete demos (e.g., "Free," "P.Y.T. [Original]," "Al Capone"). So there's no telling exactly what state most of these songs are in -- a cappella concepts, instrumentals, half-finished demo tracks, finished songs, etc.

Even so, there are 55 titles here, 45 of which we've yet to hear -- and most of THOSE are completely non-existent in terms of back story. I'm fascinated in learning more about them.
Exactly. They are probably largely rough ideas and works-in-progress, but that does not matter - they're fascinating because we know next-to-nothing about them.

The late 70s to mid 80s seems to have been MJ's most productive time as a songwriter. It seems like he was churning out demos left and right, much more so than in the 90s and 00s. I think the biggest surprises will turn out to be from that era.

Let's not forget that the period from 1994 till 2009 will also have a fair bunch of unreleased material.

Still makes me wonder why the 2 posthumous albums only had up to ten tracks.

I'd love it if they go the Bob Dylan route and release a series of albums like Dylan's Bootleg series. Live albums, vault tracks, alternate tracks etc

Perhaps Brad from the seminars knows more about it but from the reviews I read it's only rarely that an unheard track is played in his seminars

Anyway apart from the couple of tracks Travis3000 talked about I'm probably most excited for anything pre off the wall because we basically have nothing from this period.

Last edited:
I must admit I'm still really curious about the unreleased RnB style Dangerous era track (somebody mentioned on this forum) that Brad played at one of his seminars
The person who mentioned it (I'm sorry I can't remember who) said it was a great dance track and it had suggestive lyrics and it sound pretty complete.
I don't think they mentioned the title, but it was a great description and it was really kind of them to share that info with us.

The late 70s to mid 80s seems to have been MJ's most productive time as a songwriter. It seems like he was churning out demos left and right, much more so than in the 90s and 00s. I think the biggest surprises will turn out to be from that era.

Anyway apart from the couple of tracks Travis3000 talked about I'm probably most excited for anything pre off the wall because we basically have nothing from this period.

I agree.

i must admit i'm still really curious about the unreleased rnb style dangerous era track (somebody mentioned on this forum) that brad played at one of his seminars
the person who mentioned it (i'm sorry i can't remember who) said it was a great dance track and it had suggestive lyrics and it sound pretty complete.
I don't think they mentioned the title, but it was a great description and it was really kind of them to share that info with us.
whaaaaaat??

I must admit I'm still really curious about the unreleased RnB style Dangerous era track (somebody mentioned on this forum) that Brad played at one of his seminars
The person who mentioned it (I'm sorry I can't remember who) said it was a great dance track and it had suggestive lyrics and it sound pretty complete.

Was it "Throwin' Your Life Away" per chance? I believe that was played once.

I'd love to have a "dub mix" of Ghost Of Another Lover. Pretty much the only unreleased (I know of) that gets me excited.

Throw all that unfinished verse vocal mumbling out and just release that great beat with the refrains in it.

I want an up-tempo killer dance track. There must be one!

Back