Your Bad album ratings?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
1) Bad 5/5

- Love this funky groove

2) The Way You Make Me Feel 2/5

- Love the video but the song itself is a tad boring in the beat department, the vocals are energetic and cool

3) Speed Demon 3/5

- Another good funky beat here but also kind of boring lyrics and vocal wise, though the bridge is really cool, it only gets grooving near the end but then it is cut short, a live performance would have elevated this song for me as I love his dancing in the video

4) Liberian Girl 5/5

- This is the only song on the album that gives me goosebumps, the vocals are extraordinary. Everything from the beat, the vocals (harmonies), the delivery, the lyrics I find very atmospheric

5) Just Good Friends 4/5

- Great vocals and a fun energetic feel good vibe

6) Another Part Of Me 5/5

- Great vocals and lyrics, love the message but the song is ultimately elevated to cult status thanks to the live performances that fit the vibe of this song perfectly.

7) Man In The Mirror 3/5

- A song deserving its legendary status because of the spirited vocal performance and lyrics but not one of my favorites overall

8) I Just Can't Stop Loving You 3/5

- A sappy ballad I was never hugely fond of, the cut intro should have stood, vocally unsurprisingly stellar but uninspiring chorus. Very enjoyable live due to the extended nature of the ad libs that elevate the song.

9) Dirty Diana 4/5

- The custom rock effort with intriguing lyrics, personally think the guitars are mixed too much in the background but again as usual even better live as it is harder, heavier and longer.

10) Smooth Criminal 4/5

- Not super fond of the vocal style on the verses here but it has one hell of a video clip and it is a bad ass song. It's one of those songs that for me are not very danceable unless you start re creating MJ's own moves to the song. It's not like Another Part Of Me or Just Good friends that are very danceable for lesser Gods like me. The videoclip version is definitely the best version for me.

11) Leave Me Alone 5/5

- One of the most infectious beats he and his team created and an unforgettable videoclip. Loving the chorus harmonies. Just stop dogging me around, love that line.

CONCLUSION

A stellar album elevated by the many awesome live performances and videos. A pop song is more than just a song and Michael understood that as the very first artist to do so.

3.9/5

ā€œBadā€ - 10/10. Creative, funky, and alive. I just wish the album version contained some of the ad libs from the extended dance mix.

ā€œThe Way You Make Me Feelā€ - 12/10. I donā€™t care, Iā€™m betraying the rating system. One of the best pop songs ever released. Itā€™s perfect.

ā€œSpeed Demonā€ - 9/10. A very unique installment in MJā€™s catalog, with one of my favorite David Williams guitar lines.

ā€œLiberian Girlā€ - 9/10. Few other MJ songs conjure up as much atmosphere as this. Just gorgeous.

ā€œJust Good Friendsā€ - 5.5/10. Itā€™s not necessarily bad, itā€™s just extraordinarily averageā€”which is worsened by the fact that itā€™s surrounded by some of the greatest pop music ever written.

ā€œAnother Part of Meā€ - 8/10. This one has diminished for me a bit over the years, but I canā€™t deny its individuality and energy. Itā€™s built for live performance.

ā€œMan in the Mirrorā€ - 10/10. What else is there to say? Absolutely remarkable top to bottom.

ā€œI Just Canā€™t Stop Loving Youā€ - 9/10. Even when he isnā€™t operating at the top of his lyrical game, songs like this highlight how wonderfully expressive MJā€™s voice and melodies are on their own.

ā€œDirty Dianaā€ - 10/10. One-ups ā€œBeat Itā€ easily and single-handedly. MJā€™s vocals are otherworldly.

ā€œSmooth Criminalā€ - 10/10. Anyone who dislikes this song is lying to themselves. Itā€™s a stroke of eccentric genius. Who the hell could even think something like this up?

ā€œLeave Me Aloneā€ - 8.5/10. Great song with sublime harmonies, but since weā€™ve colloquially adopted it as the actual final track on the album, it doesnā€™t really have a ā€œclosing numberā€ energy to it. Iā€™d rather swap it with ā€œSmooth Criminalā€ in the running order.

=====

Overall, Bad is, in my opinion, the greatest pop album ever crafted. Not a single second is wasted, not a single track is expendable (even the one mediocre one). It is the only MJ album where I feel he truly fulfilled his ā€œall killer, no fillerā€ methodology, and did so with flying colors.

In my honest opinion, all of the songs on the Bad album are a 10/10 except Just Good Friends. That song is just very average, it could have been replaced by I'm So Blue, C1945, Price Of Fame..

not one bad song on Bad

Bad 5/5
The Way You Make Me Feel 5/5
Speed Demon 5/5
Liberian Girl 5/5
Just Good Friends 5/5
Another Part of Me 5/5
Man In the Mirror 5/5
I Just Can't Stop Loving You 5/5
Dirty Diana 5/5
Smooth Criminal 5/5
Leave Me Alone 5/5

mature and nonetheless intelligent response indeed,my friend šŸ–¤...
Someone who is at least rating "The way you make me feel" "Man in the mirror" and "I just can't stop loving you" as "2" or "3", and the Masterpiece, and 2nd most sucessfull album of all time BAD, with 5 number 1s, in overall as just an "average", needs to get such an response.

Bad: 5/5 (9/10)

The Way You Make Me Feel: 5/5 (9/10)

Speed Demon: 4/5 (7/10)

Liberian Girl: 5/5 (10/10)

Just Good Friends: 3/5 (6/10)

Another Part of Me: 5/5 (10/10)

Man in the Mirror: 5/5 (10/10)

I Just Can't Stop Loving You: 4/5 (8/10)

Dirty Diana: 4/5 (8/10)

Smooth Criminal: 5/5 (10/10)

Leave Me Alone: 5/5 (9/10)

Will expound on all these later, when I got time.

All of the songs on the Bad album are a 20/10 except Just Good Friends. it could have been replaced by I'm So Blue, 1945, Price Of Fame.

In my honest opinion, all of the songs on the Bad album are a 10/10 except Just Good Friends. That song is just very average, it could have been replaced by I'm So Blue, C1945, Price Of Fame..
All of the songs on the Bad album are a 20/10 except Just Good Friends. it could have been replaced by I'm So Blue, 1945, Price Of Fame.
Can y'all stop saying this? This is a very bad copy pasta.

None of those other songs would've fit in the tracklisting. Not even "Get It" would've.

Nobody would ever say just get rid of it and just rock with 10 songs either.

Bad should have just been a triple album. We deserved 33 songs.

Bad: 10/10
The Way You Make Me Feel: 8/10
Speed Demon: 10/10
Liberian Girl: 7,5/10
Just Good Friend: 7/10
Another Part Of Me: 5/10
Man In The Mirror: 9/10
I Just Can't Stop Loving You: 6,5/10
Dirty Diana: 10/10
Smooth Criminal: 8/10
Leave Me Alone: 9/10

General: 8,1

Someone who is at least rating "The way you make me feel" "Man in the mirror" and "I just can't stop loving you" as "2" or "3", and the Masterpiece, and 2nd most sucessfull album of all time BAD, with 5 number 1s, in overall as just an "average", needs to get such an response.
God forbid forming your own opinions.

Bad 8/10
The way you make me feel 9/10
Speed demon 8/10
Liberian Girl 9/10
Just good friends 7/10
Another part of me 8/10
Man in the mirror 10/10
I just canā€™t stop loving you 7/10
Dirty Diana 10/10
Smooth Criminal 10/10
Leave me alone 10/10

Just good friends 7/10
Just Good Friend: 7/10
Just Good Friends: 3/5 (6/10)
ā€œJust Good Friendsā€ - 5.5/10. Itā€™s not necessarily bad, itā€™s just extraordinarily averageā€”which is worsened by the fact that itā€™s surrounded by some of the greatest pop music ever written.
5) Just Good Friends 4/5

Don't leave us. I disagree with you at times but I don't think there's anything wrong with what you've said. Well, maybe sometimes.

Anyway, don't leave us with these buffoons.
Too late I've asked gaz to go on with it, besides I pissed him off in the process so there is no way back. This place is getting on my nerves for weeks now so I don't feel half bad of not feeling the need to log in any longer šŸ™‚

Too late I've asked gaz to go on with it, besides I pissed him off in the process so there is no way back. This place is getting on my nerves for weeks now so I don't feel half bad of not feeling the need to log in any longer šŸ™‚
Very well. Sorry to see you go. Maybe come back in a more notable season, the dead periods are not very interesting, outside of unreleased leak snippets

Can't say you don't need a break tbh

Bad 7/10

A good song but nothing special in my opinion

TWYMMF 9/10

Great groove. I could listen to it for hours

Speed demon 6/10

I never really found anything special about this song but itā€™s still ok

Liberian Girl 6/10

I donā€™t listen to this one very often. I guess itā€™s just not my type

Just good friends 6/10

I donā€™t know i never really listened to it that much

Another part of Me 10/10

My favourite song, awesome groove. Simply perfect

Man in the Mirror 9/10

All time classic and really important message

IJCSLY 8/10

Also an all time classic but nothing special for me

Dirty Diana 9/10

I donā€™t know how to describe this but there is something unique about this song

Smooth Criminal 10/10

My most listened song on spotify, simply amazing

Leave me Alone 9/10

Great groove andā€¦ wellā€¦ i just love it

I love this album. It's my favorite album of all time and it was the first Michael album I listened too (Bad was the very very first song I listened too from Michael and Bad is what made me a fan) So I give it a 100/90. I just love it to bits.

Ok, I'll try to do this in the same format, but not gonna type a commentary at the moment. I'd probably rate almost everything as excellent, but I'll try to lower some scores so at least there's some order to it.

Bad 5/5
The Way You Make Me Feel 5/5
Speed Demon 4/5
Liberian Girl 3/5
Just Good Friends 2/5
Another Part Of Me 5/5
Man In The Mirror 4/5
I Just Can't Stop Loving You 4/5
Dirty Diana 5/5
Smooth Criminal 5/5
Leave Me Alone 4/5

Conclusion 4.2/5

1) Bad 5/5

2) The Way You Make Me Feel 1/5

3) Speed Demon 3/5

4) Liberian Girl 5/5

5) Just Good Friends 3/5

6) Another Part Of Me 6/5

7) Man In The Mirror 2/5

8) I Just Can't Stop Loving You 2/5

9) Dirty Diana 4/5

10) Smooth Criminal 6/5

11) Leave Me Alone 5/5

This is my rating
1) Bad 5/5

- Love this funky groove

2) The Way You Make Me Feel 2/5

- Love the video but the song itself is a tad boring in the beat department, the vocals are energetic and cool

3) Speed Demon 3/5

- Another good funky beat here but also kind of boring lyrics and vocal wise, though the bridge is really cool, it only gets grooving near the end but then it is cut short, a live performance would have elevated this song for me as I love his dancing in the video

4) Liberian Girl 5/5

- This is the only song on the album that gives me goosebumps, the vocals are extraordinary. Everything from the beat, the vocals (harmonies), the delivery, the lyrics I find very atmospheric

5) Just Good Friends 4/5

6) Another Part Of Me 5/5

- Great vocals and lyrics, love the message but the song is ultimately elevated to cult status thanks to the live performances that fit the vibe of this song perfectly.

7) Man In The Mirror 3/5

- A song deserving its legendary status because of the spirited vocal performance and lyrics but not one of my favorites overall

8) I Just Can't Stop Loving You 3/5

- A sappy ballad I was never hugely fond of, the cut intro should have stood, vocally unsurprisingly stellar but uninspiring chorus. Very enjoyable live due to the extended nature of the ad libs that elevate the song.

9) Dirty Diana 4/5

- The custom rock effort with intriguing lyrics, personally think the guitars are mixed too much in the background but again as usual even better live as it is harder, heavier and longer.

10) Smooth Criminal 4/5

- Not super fond of the vocal style on the verses here but it has one hell of a video clip and it is a bad ass song. It's one of those songs that for me are not very danceable unless you start re creating MJ's own moves to the song. It's not like Another Part Of Me or Just Good friends that are very danceable for lesser Gods like me. The videoclip version is definitely the best version for me.

11) Leave Me Alone 5/5

- One of the most infectious beats he and his team created and an unforgettable videoclip. Loving the chorus harmonies. Just stop dogging me around, love that line.

CONCLUSION

A stellar album elevated by the many awesome live performances and videos. A pop song is more than just a song and Michael understood that as the very first artist to do so.

3.9/5
tumblr_lszdsls3Np1qlrzy2.gif

1) Bad 5/5

2) The Way You Make Me Feel 1/5

3) Speed Demon 3/5

4) Liberian Girl 5/5

5) Just Good Friends 3/5

6) Another Part Of Me 6/5

7) Man In The Mirror 2/5

8) I Just Can't Stop Loving You 2/5

9) Dirty Diana 4/5

10) Smooth Criminal 6/5

11) Leave Me Alone 5/5

This is my rating

tumblr_lszdsls3Np1qlrzy2.gif
You rated the way you make me feel as a 1 out of 5.......

Do you remember your comment from last month?

The Way You Make Me Feel. Worst single Michael have ever released. Worst vocals, boring music. Even 2000 Watts is better than this song

Hello again Richard76

@Hiker how much more proof do we need that it's him? It's getting ridiculous now , the evidence is stacking up.

As a mod, you surely have a responsibility to report back to the owner about any suspicious activity and potential newly created accounts from suspended posters?

Bad should have just been a triple album. We deserved 33 songs.
'BAD' as a triple album (comprised of 33 songs) would have been a commercially disastrous move.

Thankfully, you did not work as one of Michael Jackson's advisers.
'Just Good Friends' has a catchier chorus than these 3 songs.

The main problem with 'Just Good Friends' is that it does not really fit to the overall theme of the 'BAD' album (the song is too cheerful for the overall, dark theme of that album).

Back