Your Bad album ratings?

Please report if you see more unacceptable language from any users.
Hello

It's not necessarily unacceptable language, he's on his best behavior at the moment trying to fool us all.

It is 1 million percent Richard, who was suspended only last week

Bad 8/10
The way you make me feel 10/10
Speed demon 10/10
Liberian Girl 10/10
Just good friends 8/10
Another part of me 10/10
Man in the mirror 10/10
I just can’t stop loving you 8/10
Dirty Diana 10/10
Smooth Criminal 10/10
Leave me alone 10/10

This album is damn near perfect.

Bad 9/10
The way you make me feel 10/10
Speed demon 8/10
Liberian Girl 10/10
Just good friends 7/10
Another part of me 8/10
Man in the mirror 10/10
I just can’t stop loving you 9/10
Dirty Diana 10/10
Smooth Criminal 10/10
Leave me alone 9/10

I like “Streetwalker,” but it runs out of steam in the final third for me. “Another Part of Me” keeps hustling along the entire time.

Now, if we’re talking the demo of “Streetwalker” with the alternate chorus and higher key? That hits.

Bad - 96/100
The Way You Make Me Feel 100/100
Speed Demon 95/100
Liberian Girl 82/100
Just Good Friends 78/100
Another Part of Me 97/100
Man In the Mirror 93/100
I Just Can’t Stop Loving You 94/100
Dirty Diana 105/100
Smooth Criminal 94/100
Leave Me Alone 91/100

I'll extend this to outtakes because why not 🤷‍♂️

Bad: 6.5/10 - Fine song but the lyrics are too cringey.
The Way You Make Me Feel: 7.5/10 - It's a great song but it's not what I listen to usually, and when I do I mainly listen to the instrumental only.
Speed Demon: 9/10 - One of my favorites. The symphonies on the song are simply genius.
Liberian Girl: 7.8/10 - It has a charming melody but it's not what I listen too often, though there was a time it was one of the main MJ songs I'd listen to lol.
Just Good Friends: 6/10 - Painfully average song similar to what was already mentioned here before, and it's worsened by how it's surrounded by greater songs.
Another Part Of Me: 8/10 - The vocals are great and it's a nice hype tune, but the version from Captain EO is the best version for me.
Man In The Mirror: 8/10 - It's also a song I don't listen too often but I can't deny of its greatness. I love the strength of MJ's vocals here.
I Just Can't Stop Loving You: 9/10 - Best love song there is.
Dirty Diana: 9.5/10 - It's the greatest and I can't even think of any words to describe how great it is.
Smooth Criminal: 6/10 - I don't think it's a bad song but it just... never flowed that much with me? If we're talking about album tracks it simply never impressed me, but if it's the This Is It version with that breakdown it's a bit of a different story though. Al Capone wins it over for me overall.
Leave Me Alone: 10/10 - One of the funkiest MJ tracks to date.

Don't Be Messin' Round: 6/10 - It's ok but I don't know what MJ saw in this track for him to work on it for practically half his career lol.
I'm So Blue: 8/10 - It's one of MJ's best ballads and I don't know why MJ decided to never work on it again. I wonder if we'd ever hear or even know about the song if he was still alive.
Abortion Papers: 4/10 - The vocals are good, but the beat is jarring for me lol.
Free: 6.5/10 - I don't think it's a bad song but it's basically the same song as Fly Away but unfinished, and it's outshined by the latter in every way.
Price Of Fame: 9/10 - Best bridge on an MJ song there is.
Al Capone: 9.5/10 - Amazing track and it's imo the best "gangster theme" song there is. My only gripe with it is how the bridge should've been longer, but otherwise it's a perfect song.
Streetwalker: 5/10 - Powerful vocals but the instrumental sounds goofy for me lol. The demo and the Westlake mix are waaaaaaay better than the version that MJ ended up releasing.
Fly Away: 10/10 - One of the best MJ outtakes and possibly the best ballad there is, and it pains me that it never made it into any MJ album and MJ decided to give it to his sister Rebbie instead. What a waste.
Cheater: 7/10 - I always saw the song as the "Got The Hots" of the Bad era, as in; the song kind of goes nowhere for most of it, but the chorus and the breakdown is where the song shines through extremely.
Loving You: 7/10 - It's an ok song but I don't listen to it too often, when I want a ballad song from the Bad era I always go to Fly Away, IJCSLY or the demo of Someone Put Your Hand Out.
Someone Put Your Hand Out Demo: 7.8/10 - This used to be my favorite version of SPYHO but as of recently I became obsessed with its final version even though I was never a fan of it before lol. The bridge of that version is very soothing.
Do You Know Where Your Children Are: 8.7/10 - Strong vocals and incredible hook.
Chicago 1945: 6.5/10 - I don't know if it's valid to be mentioned here because the version we hear isn't from the Bad era, but I'm including it anyways. The vocals are good but it's being held back by the instrumental.
Throwing Your Life Away: 9/10 - Hardest MJ song there is. Technically it's not a Bad outtake since it was made after the album's release, but since the song belongs to the Bad era I'll be talking about it anyways. It has a powerful chorus, bridge and breakdown but my only problem with it is how the verses are lacking.

The Bad era is undeniably the creative peak of MJ's career and I'm sure there's still plenty of gems remaining from that period that we haven't heard yet, and I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing them all!

Last edited:
Rating is only based on my liking of each track, not objective at all, hopefully nobody will kill me for this lol
Bad: 8/10
TWYMMF: 8/10
Speed Demon: 7/10
Liberian Girl: 7/10
Just Good Friends: 8/10
Another Part Of Me: 9/10
Man In the Mirror: 10/10, the best track on this album, absolute monster of a track, and it ain't even written by MJ, crazy lol (literally the only track i'm making a comment about, goes to show... hahaha)
IJCSLY: 7/10.
Dirty Diana: 9/10
Smooth Criminal: 10/10
Leave Me Alone: 8/10

Probably MJ's best work in his carreer, objectively
But i will always love Dangerous just a taaaad more.

Bad: 5/5 (9/10)

The Way You Make Me Feel: 5/5 (9/10)

Speed Demon: 4/5 (7/10)

Liberian Girl: 5/5 (10/10)

Just Good Friends: 3/5 (6/10)

Another Part of Me: 5/5 (10/10)

Man in the Mirror: 5/5 (10/10)

I Just Can't Stop Loving You: 4/5 (8/10)

Dirty Diana: 4/5 (8/10)

Smooth Criminal: 5/5 (10/10)

Leave Me Alone: 5/5 (9/10)

Will expound on all these later, when I got time.
Bad: This song deserves kudos. Of all the title tracks, this one is an anthem. It has a meaning. It's a new beginning and a finale in many ways. It definitely informed his arc for the remainder of his career. That along with the video, which, truly, it is a special entity. The most cinematic of all MJs engagements, the most distinguished of his career as showcasing the man making "art", serious art worthy of discussion as educational, not just entertainment at it's peak or an environmental plea.

The Way You Make Me Feel: This song alienates a lot of people for some reason. But I do get it actually. There was a time I did not enjoy it whatsoever. Eventually, I got the appeal though. It's one of the highlights.The rhythm of it, the shuffle. It's very addictive actually, with the horns of the original contributing a lot also; the single mix is a little stark, too sparse. That's the case for most of Bad actually, the best pressing was early on. But I love the song now, the harmonies and the way it's so dynamic from beginning to end.

Speed Demon: This song is so great to play racing games to. To drive to. It's a vibe in those times. And pretty much only in those times, I can't say I enjoy it most other times. It is a catchy song but I just vibe to it explicitly in those moments, which is not the case with, say, Sunset Driver. But, a fun and catchy tune in any case.

Liberian Girl: This is MJs best composition in so many ways, actually. It came together just as well on the production side. It's as sonically put together as the best Thriller tracks. And as a ballad goes, it's so unique and yet almost as endearing as a Human Nature or a Stranger in Moscow. And yet all of that pales in comparison to just the mystique and quality of his voice. The harmonies of this track are invigorating. To hear the original pressing version where you can hear Every, Single, Note, just tingles the spine. An incredible song enhanced entirely by a completely incredible singer.

Just Good Friends: I always have a hard time remembering the order of tunes on Bad at this point, and it starts here. But I do enjoy this tune. I enjoy it quite a lot actually, the casual mastery of both singers is not easy to disregard, and the melody itself works very well. As a duet, it's probably the most even keeled and balanced in his record tbh, a point I'll make more clear when I get to I Just Can't Stop. But, it's not a highlight of the record and it isn't one of the best songs. I begrudgingly give it the lowest score. But it fits the album and to replace it would throw off the pH balance so I say, it's good. Not great, just good. Doesn't deserve more but it earned its place in the catalogue.

Another Part of Me: It's my favorite song off the album. Probably my favorite of his songs entirely. It's pure peak MJ. It's super sci-fi but it just cuts right through with that funk. The 80s almost Sega Genesis energy really adds to the appeal for me anyway. I find music that was made for 16 bit to sound, quite entertaining most times, and this song helps highlight why. Really very dynamic.

Man In The Mirror: I just recently heard the song for the first time in a while, not having played it very much just for fun. I prefer Earth Song on the average, and I actually think Heal The World and We Are The World capture the earnestness far more, and yet, this song is still so perfect. Again it comes down to his voice, the way he enunciates words, as his voice warbles with emotion at points, while also growling and entrusting the choir to do his every bidding. MAKE THAT CHANGE. It's staggering. It's such a powerful vocal you get wrapped up in it even as he does lip sync the first half at times, it's so enrapturing every time. This is what is meant when it "sounds just like the record". Though the way he would overtake the ad-libs immediately shows why his live singing was equally incredible and compelling, in moments like the 88 Grammys. A tour de force experience all together, all around, is my point. It deserved it's place as his most popular song and it will always deserve that.

I Just Can't Stop Loving You: As a ballad, it's strong. It's strong in its simple beauty. It is better without the intro, one of the few single edits that I wholesale approve of. Because the song is quite sparse, and it's quick and to the point. And MJ sings it quick. He sings it with spirit and rhythm, like a dance track almost. It's theatrical but it's so slick too. The real problem is, it's a duet. And it's meant to be. But that just, doesn't come through. Siedah is a talent. A great talent, in the mold of MJ. Which is the problem. It didn't advance past the feeling of a solo recording to become a duet, in order to do that it'd need a wholly different counterpart. So in that sense it does miss the mark. But as a tune, it does in fact carry. And it's quite an engaging and forward thinking tune.

Dirty Diana: My actual least favorite from the record. Uncanny, I know. I prefer the driving pulse of Beat It and the darker plunging anguish of Give In To Me. But, this songs presence is effective. It's a Rock ballad, and it's a dramatic one. It's intended as a show piece, and for the focus to rest with the lyrical prose, which is steady and powerful. Whether based in reality or not, MJs conviction makes it feel real. And his performance heightens and increases the power of the song, and that's where I really take the whole song in.

Smooth Criminal: Probably the best song of the record. Man, what a song. What a video. What an artist. Every piece works, and it works all together, yet it all works independent. And the songs independence carries all of that. Because it just starts with being an incredible anti - Billie Jean, a song that takes unspoken paranoia and transplants it straight into noir grit, theatrical and pulsing and just painting a picture that you hear play out every time. It was made to imprint into your mind and stay there and it does just that. And no one else has ever been able to since.

Leave Me Alone: The "bonus track". Ultimately, the closer, the prelude to Dangerous and what MJs 90s career entails. As a piece of music, it's Stevie Wonder 101, but lyrically it's just a tyrade that you're meant to personify, relate to, all of that. And it does, culminating with a hook that could be your personal anthem for all time. It certainly embodied much of MJs up-tempo work later on, for better or worse. And so it earns its place as a staple, not just a bonus, of Bad.

Last edited:
Bad 10/10
The Way You Make Me Feel 10/10
Speed Demon 10/10
Liberian Girl 10/10
Just Good Friends 8/10
Another Part Of Me 10/10
Man In The Mirror 10/10
I Just Can't Stop Loving You 8/10
Dirty Diana 10/10
Smooth Criminal 10/10
Leave Me Alone 10/10

This should surprise nobody, I adore the Bad album. It's my favourite album by anybody and if anything I've only grown to love it more as I've got older.

Songs like SD and APOM, I've always enjoyed but lately I've started to really love the groove to them, probably the closest MJ got to raw funk.
8's seem harsh on JGF and IJCSLY, but it's only because I consider SC, LG and DD masterpieces at 10's.

For me vocally, sonically and lyrically this is Mike's greatest achievement, this is the record that cemented his status as the greatest ever.

I'm sorry, what was I thinking? What I meant was:

The Bad album is another proof of how MJ was just a black man in the 80's, he didn't make a name for himself until he made Invincible.

#STOPABUSINGINVINCIBLEALBUM #PROMOTEINVINCIBLE #RELEASEINVINCIBLE25 #SONYSUCKS
MJ-Sony-Protest.png

Real talk though it's just that for me Al Capone wins over SC by a huge mile lol

Last edited:

The Bad album is another proof of how MJ was just a black man in the 80's, he didn't make a name for himself until he made Invincible.

MJ-Sony-Protest.png

Real talk though it's just that for me Al Capone wins over SC by a huge mile lol

MJ-Sony-Protest.png

you deserve a Nobel prize for this,I can't 😭💯💯

Last edited:
1) Bad 5/5
1/5. I always skip.
2) The Way You Make Me Feel 2/5
4 out of 5. I always listen.
3) Speed Demon 3/5
4 out of 5. I like it for what it is: a 'machine' song.
4) Liberian Girl 5/5
4/5. Liberia is too specific. It should have been left as Pyramid Girl, in my opinion.
5) Just Good Friends 4/5
1/5. Stevie does work for the UN today. The lost soul. This track is not his best work.
6) Another Part Of Me 5/5
1/5. I have never really felt it the way some fans have.
7) Man In The Mirror 3/5
2/5. I think this might be a case of being exposed to it too much and/or outgrowing it.
8) I Just Can't Stop Loving You 3/5
3.5/5. I don't particularly like Siedah (especially after listening to one of her interviews), but this song is OK.
9) Dirty Diana 4/5
4 out of 5. A good one. It's no Give In To Me, but it's good.
10) Smooth Criminal 4/5
Separating the (great) video from the song... song gets a 3.5 out of 5 from me.
11) Leave Me Alone 5/5
One of my favourites on Bad. Maybe a 4 out of 5. The video is one of MJ's best.

^^ Do you like the extended version of Bad? ( If you've heard it)

'Just Good Friends' has a catchier chorus than these 3 songs.

The main problem with 'Just Good Friends' is that it does not really fit to the overall theme of the 'BAD' album (the song is too cheerful for the overall, dark theme of that album).
TWYMMF too

TWYMMF too
The 'The Way You Make Me Feel' song can be interpreted in a very dark way because of its music video and its on stage performance.

It has been said that they promote rape culture and sexual harassment.

For example, Michael Jackson executes some sexually explicit and vulgar moves (towards the girl), not just in that music video but also while performing the song on stage.

Note also that during the on stage performance of that song, the girl eventually gets away from Michael Jackson by hiding backstage.

Certain visual aspects of that music video (such as, the dark and empty neighbourhood) also seem to enhance even more the tone of impending sexual harassment.

You know, I appreciate modern technology but when is this ChatGPT-bot 'mj_frenzy' finally done?

Implanted several years ago, Beta-phase should be done already.

Time to get rid of these experiments, Gaz
Can't you see folks leaving your place? Sure, you get dozens of new members every day. But see, how most of these are just derailing debates instead of having a nice, heated discussion?

And while I'm at it, suspend Richard76 already for good (he's got his quadruple account live while we're talking).

Last edited:
Bad 8/10
I prefer the extended dance mix than the album version, the song is good
The Way You Make Me Feel 9/10
Michael vocals and drums, so groovy

Speed Demon 10/10
This song is perfect

Liberian Girl 10/10
Same
Just Good Friends 7/10
Dont fit with the album but not a bad song

Another Part of Me 4/10
This song feels like they put it on the album at the last minute.

Man In the Mirror 9/10
I love the final part

I Just Can't Stop Loving You 8/10
I didn´t listen so much this song but is a banger

Dirty Diana 10/10
The vocalsssss i love it

Smooth Criminal 5/10
Extremely overrated, so boring and repetitive, chicago 1945 and al capone did a better job

Leave Me Alone 11/10
One of the best songs of michael, extremely groovy

Back