Your Last MJ-Related Purchase

Another crochet blanket pattern! I'm going to see if I can do the Blood on the Dance Floor album cover!

A stack of books.

I’m a new fan and a bookworm, so I picked up the following:

• Michael Jackson Conspiracy by Aphrodite Jones (finished reading)
  • Moonwalk by Michael Jackson (currently reading)
  • Dancing the Dream by Michael Jackson (planning to read next)
  • You are not alone by Jermaine Jackson
  • Man in the Music by Joseph Vogel
  • Earth Song by Joseph Vogel

Anything else I should get? There are so many books out there, it’s hard to tell which ones are actually good.

ScreenOrigami;4271166 said:
A stack of books.

Anything else I should get? There are so many books out there, it’s hard to tell which ones are actually good.

I would say get the books with the best reviews and that are real. do not get the fake fan made ones. not saying fanmade books are bad but for me i would want something with the truth about MJ. not something with made up guesses. i'm actually reading moonwalk now as we speak too. i would say mostly get the books made by Michael himself and people who was actually close to him. not the ones who claimed they was around him when they actually wasn't. stay far away from those books. they just want some money and attention.

NatureCriminal7896;4271751 said:
I would say get the books with the best reviews and that are real. do not get the fake fan made ones. not saying fanmade books are bad but for me i would want something with the truth about MJ. not something with made up guesses. i'm actually reading moonwalk now as we speak too. i would say mostly get the books made by Michael himself and people who was actually close to him. not the ones who claimed they was around him when they actually wasn't. stay far away from those books. they just want some money and attention.

Solid advice, thank you. That’s also pretty much how I ended up with the stack I have so far. :)

The Wiz on bluray 2019 german edition with soundtrack.

This unofficial t-shirt. :cool:

716Sm3DyC9L._AC_UY550_.jpg

(Fluffing my posts until I reach the required 10) Let me think... Bad & TWYMMF 12"s. The Making of Thriller Documentary on VHS.

(Fluffing my posts until I reach the required 10) Let me think... Bad & TWYMMF 12"s. The Making of Thriller Documentary on VHS.

LOL. At least you're honest about fluffing your posts. You're half way there (and welcome to the forum, btw).

ScreenOrigami;4271166 said:
A stack of books.

These two are an absolute MUST:

"Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days - Remember the Time" - Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard

"Private Conversations in Neverland with Michael Jackson" - William B. Van Valin II

Thanks. :) I also got Scream 12" (I've been dying to get this one on vinyl, since it was the first song of his that I was obsessed with back in the day), The Legend Continues VHS, and the 7" singles of Liberian Girl, Say Say Say and The Girl Is Mine.

^ ScreenOrigami :eek: Damnit! :love: Enjoy the seminar! If he ever comes (back?) to Finland (did he ever come here?) I'll be sure to buy a ticket.

vaniljapulla;4274306 said:
^ ScreenOrigami :eek: Damnit! :love: Enjoy the seminar! If he ever comes (back?) to Finland (did he ever come here?) I'll be sure to buy a ticket.

Thanks. I’m super excited. :)

Brad Sundberg’s “Neverland Collection” & “In the Studio With MJ” shirt :)

ScreenOrigami;4274055 said:
A ticket for Brad Sundberg’s seminar. :cool:
:scream: :woohoo: :scream:

tenor.gif

No, haha, seriously, I hope you enjoyed it, it really sounds like a dream project to attend! Only the music and how MJ (and his genius teams) created it! :listeningtomusic :sarmoti

GorgeousHairyCottontail-size_restricted.gif

ozemouze;4276786 said:
:scream: :woohoo: :scream:

tenor.gif

No, haha, seriously, I hope you enjoyed it, it really sounds like a dream project to attend! Only the music and how MJ (and his genius teams) created it! :listeningtomusic :sarmoti

GorgeousHairyCottontail-size_restricted.gif

Ha ha, thanks! :laughing:

I had the most wonderful time and Brad is such a sweet person. :)

Brad is currently putting together the dates for 2020 and he’s open to requests, as long as enough people commit to showing up. Scroll all the way down on his website http://inthestudiowithmj.com/, there’s a form you can fill out to make a request, if you can round up enough people from your local fan community. :)

Thank you for the information! :)

I understand the reason for this "exclusivity" around these seminars, but I really do hope there will be some recordings as well of these events for future generations, as it's really preserving a part of cultural history.

ScreenOrigami;4276788 said:

Brad is currently putting together the dates for 2020 and he’s open to requests, as long as enough people commit to showing up. Scroll all the way down on his website http://inthestudiowithmj.com/, there’s a form you can fill out to make a request, if you can round up enough people from your local fan community. :)

I'm glad you had a wonderful time, it must have been amazing!

ScreenOrigami;4276788 said:

I knew you would love it! As I have said before, I believe it's one of the best things an MJ fan can do. Brad is like a precious jewel in the crown of fandom. It's wonderful, what he does for us and for the love of Michael.

Back