Daryll748 Is In The HOTSEAT!

:lol: I wish it would though :blush: It's kind of weird to tell peeps I'm an Author but I suck in the language that is supposed to be my 'mother tongue' :doh: Well, why do they make Dutch so difficult in the first place? English is much smoother to write :cheeky:

Yep, I miserably failed in my 'valendel' and 'cactus' studies though :lol: I should be a plant in a sofa watching lame shows and have people run my household :doh:

I'd rather 'WOW' them with all the things I'm NOT allowed to do any more according to the quacks :beee:

When you gain a 'disability' they like to treat you as an 'object' instead of a human with feelings :blink:

Anyway, reverse Psychology always get that fire burning in you even more, right?

Have a NOT exciting day :D

:rofl: An acquaintance of mine who's lived in the Netherlands for 15 years told me Dutch is not a language, it's a way of clearing one's throat. :lmao:

Do you also speak French and German?

You studied cacti? :lol: That's... interesting.

Yeah, I know. I have some back problems and according to the doctor, I'm not supposed to do much running or jumping or any sports that involve these things. I say screw them, I want to fight. :rofl:

:rofl: An acquaintance of mine who's lived in the Netherlands for 15 years told me Dutch is not a language, it's a way of clearing one's throat. :lmao:

Do you also speak French and German?

You studied cacti? :lol: That's... interesting.

Yeah, I know. I have some back problems and according to the doctor, I'm not supposed to do much running or jumping or any sports that involve these things. I say screw them, I want to fight. :rofl:

:hysterical: :lol: :hysterical: You surely know how to make someone's day :cheeky:

I speak a little French cause it was 'mandatory' stuff at school but French is not really one of my friends.
Don't even mention German :blink: Yikes! The language gives me the creeps :ph34r:

Yep, I got F's over the whole line with the result that I have to find a job now :doh:

My dad did get his 'degree' in Cactus though :blush: which exactly means he hangs in the sofa a lot watching TV.

Indeed, I need to go back to the quack exactly but just the thought of being a 'scanner model' again makes me :blink: It took me about a year to eat 'decent' stuff again. I just want to LIVE, period.

Good on you, Karom!
It's OUR lives, right? Quacks are there to 'fix' us up but NOT to 'rule' OUR lives, Nah :beee:

:hysterical: :lol: :hysterical: You surely know how to make someone's day :cheeky:

I speak a little French cause it was 'mandatory' stuff at school but French is not really one of my friends.
Don't even mention German :blink: Yikes! The language gives me the creeps :ph34r:

Yep, I got F's over the whole line with the result that I have to find a job now :doh:

My dad did get his 'degree' in Cactus though :blush: which exactly means he hangs in the sofa a lot watching TV.

Indeed, I need to go back to the quack exactly but just the thought of being a 'scanner model' again makes me :blink: It took me about a year to eat 'decent' stuff again. I just want to LIVE, period.

Good on you, Karom!
It's OUR lives, right? Quacks are there to 'fix' us up but NOT to 'rule' OUR lives, Nah :beee:

:lol:

I see. I thought that since those are also official languages in Belgium, you might know them. :p I speak French as well, but I don't like it. :lol: I would really love to learn German though. :yes:

But... what exactly does it mean that you studied Cactus? :lol: Like, the plant? You literally studied cacti? :unsure:

You couldn't eat because of the scanner? :unsure: Or because of what the doctor recommended?

That's right. :agree:

:lol:

I see. I thought that since those are also official languages in Belgium, you might know them. :p I speak French as well, but I don't like it. :lol: I would really love to learn German though. :yes:

But... what exactly does it mean that you studied Cactus? :lol: Like, the plant? You literally studied cacti? :unsure:

You couldn't eat because of the scanner? :unsure: Or because of what the doctor recommended?

That's right. :agree:

I used to know French a lot better but I kind of specialized in English cause I even think in English. Though, I'm forcing myself to chat in Dutch now and when I go to the library I take ONE English book to relax and I take a Dutch one to 'learn' :smilerolleyes: I called it 'self discipline' ;)

The Cactus studies are an 'inside joke' to cope with the frustration that I got 'grounded' by my surgeon 3 years ago now. When I got my HUGE OP that gave me my 'titanium friend' replacing a pulverised disc :blink: I needed to 'rest' and in my opinion be a 'plant' or a 'cactus' in the sofa. After 3 months, I got grounded for another 3 months cause I was way too active and it took me awhile to just sit down in front of the TV again enjoying it.

I had trouble eating and in fact still do cause my 'eating tube' got damaged during the OP :blink:
Horrific, I know. The surgeon had to bend and replace it so he could get all the splinters out of my spine nerve :doh:

I still think it's a miracle I survived this ordeal :angel:
See, WHY I hate Quacks, My GP almost KILLED me with his INCOMPETENCE. :evil:

He claimed I was just having a 'depression' :scratch:

Good plan. :lol: I'm generally good at languages. I learn quickly, I make connections. If only I made connections that quickly when it came to Math. :lol:

Oh, I understand. Clever joke. :lol: I'm so sorry to hear about your operation. :(

I don't mean to pry, this is just scientific curiosity. I can't help but ask, was your operation in the upper region of your spine? I assume one of your intervertebral discs was problematic.

Miracles do happen. :) My mother almost died before I was born. She had a severe thyroid problem and no one wanted to operate because they were almost sure she would die on the table. But one surgeon decided that he's either going to save her or kill, but he can't just sit and watch a young woman die. And she lived.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't like them either. :no: Most of them anyway. They're arrogant and full of themselves, as a general rule. There are of course exceptions.

Depressions are subtle things. A lot of times, those who suffer from milder forms of depression don't even realise it.

Of course, out of scientific viewpoint, it was the vertebra between C6 and C7 that was pulverized and not supposed to 'invade' my spine :scratch:I also have fluid from T1 'running lose' :blink: You can clearly see it on the scans though I shouldn't be worried about it.

I'm okay now though. I've become everything I wasn't allowed too so Quacks O - Me 1 :lol:

OMJ, your mum was lucky with a Doctor like that :angel:

I know, they are NOT all quacks or I wouldn't be here today, would I?

Well, the cause was a fall, I guess. I fell with the back of my head against a steel bar while dancing.
See dancing is 'Dangerous' :blush:

I won't deny that I don't have a 'slight' depression but the symptoms I had were NOT caused by it.

Anyway, second opinions can SAVE your live!

I see. Well, in that case, I'd say it's a good thing you didn't snap your neck. :blink: You could have easily died if you'd twisted it just a bit. Not to sound bleak or anything. :lol: You've got spinal fluid leaking? I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound very good. :blink:

Well, good for you. :agree:

She had angels watching over her. :yes:

I did not mean to imply that you suffer from depression. I don't know you well enough to dare make such an assessment and even if I did, I'm far from qualified to. :p I was just being nerdy. :lol:

I know, everyone gawks and claims it's serious and acts like I'm could die there right in front of their eyes :doh:
It doesn't bother me though *shrugs*

Hell, I know I must have a guardian angel too :angel:

Of course, you didn't Karom :dont_mention_it:

I guess, I'm just TOO HONEST sometimes. :blush:

Well, you could have. :lol: Watching someone almost die can be just as scary as almost dying. :p

I think we all do. :p

:lol: Never be sorry for being honest. :no:

:lol: I think I learnt that from Michael too :blush:

Scaring people to death :punk:It's fun to be scared, right :cheeky:

People always say "quiet people have deep grounds". I guess, mine is an abyss :lol:

If you like adrenaline, yes. But its good. Gets your heart going. Then again, if it goes too fast, it stops. :p Which brings something to mind. Did you know that if you could move fast enough, time would stop? You could travel around the world 100 times and be back home the same minute you left. Wouldn't that be cool? In fact, if you went fast enough it might even be possible to get back before you left. :D

Does that mean you're quiet? :lol:

:lol: you crack me up really :lol:

My daily dose of :lol:

You didn't think I was quiet, right? :cheeky:

Well, in 'person' I'm the quiet and shy type :blush: but once I feel somewhere 'save' a whole other me 'emerges' from the grave :cheeky:

Did you know that if you could move fast enough, time would stop? You could travel around the world 100 times and be back home the same minute you left. Wouldn't that be cool? In fact, if you went fast enough it might even be possible to get back before you left.

Nah,
:beee: I don't like 'time travel' cause you can't alter HIStory.
I wish I could go back into time and :censored: some :evil: but the 'stupid' man in the 'through the worm hole' claims that you can't alter history or you'll disrupt the whole continuum or whatever. That's why I think time travel is :shutup:
Why should I relive stuff that I didn't want in the first place? :angry:

I do love the adrenaline and kicks in discovering new stuff or new places :D

:lol: Good. :p

No, I really didn't think you were quiet. :p

Nah, :beee: I don't like 'time travel' cause you can't alter HIStory.
I wish I could go back into time and :censored: some :evil: but the 'stupid' man in the 'through the worm hole' claims that you can't alter history or you'll disrupt the whole continuum or whatever. That's why I think time travel is :shutup:
Why should I relive stuff that I didn't want in the first place? :angry:

I do love the adrenaline and kicks in discovering new stuff or new places :D

Well, of course you can't. :p That's why time travel is not, nor will it ever be possible. :p And it would only be possible to go in the past, not the future. I think. :scratch: At the speed of light, time stops. Faster than the speed of light and time should start going back, so I don't think it would be possible to go to the future. But you know, according to Doctor Who, it's fine to meddle with time as long as you stay away from major events. :rofl:

But seriously now, I'm quite certain no human's going to time travel. :p But the idea in itself fascinates me. The fact that it's a possibility. Because we're trapped in time, we can't escape it or conceive anything without it, but there is such thing as "outside time". Time is not everywhere and it's not constant. So there are things unaffected by time. :p Outside of it. And also, it doesn't pass the same for everyone or everything. And that means time is not infinite. It's running out.

oooh, that last part is dark and gloomy :naughty: me like :blush:

I don't really ponder over 'time' stuff like that :scratch:

More over what story or blog shall I write now :cheeky:

:lol: It's not meant to be dark and gloomy. It's just science. :lol: I'm nerdy like that. I like thinking about things like that. I don't really write a lot. I mean, if I get an idea maybe I'll scribble it somewhere. But only if it's a very good idea because I get ideas all the time. :lol: But I get bored with stories quickly, so I prefer to write thoughts or sometimes poems, rather than stories I'm never going to finish anyway. :lol: I have a couple of notebooks (I like to actually write) that I like going through sometimes. It's interesting to read what came out of my head a few years ago. :lol:

What are you writing now? :shifty:

ah, :smilerolleyes: it seemed like a line for a page turner. "Time is running out" :blink:

What am I writing now?

"Forever" the current MJJC Blog story almost reaching its climax.

"Scared no more" the 3rd book in the series "Scared" but my muse and I are 'quarrelling' about the climax though :scratch:He wants it violent and doom like :ph34r: I don't want to kill my protagonist :blush: Dilemmas of a writer hey :smilerolleyes:

Then just the 'daily scribbles' of whatever pops in my head too.

Yep, it's scary sometimes to read your dairy a couple of years later. Like OMJ, what was I thinking then hey? :doh:

Well, I meant it quite literally. :rofl: Like, it'll end and no longer be. Like rope. :lol:

Cool. :shifty: Well... you could almost kill him and let the readers believe he's dead for a while. :rofl: Or she, whichever it is. :p

I don't keep a diary. :p My life is hardly interesting enough for me to have anything to write in a diary. :p I just scribble down thoughts or things I read recently or meditated upon. And I hardly do it on a daily basis. Every now and then, if I remember or have something on my mind.

What's this "Scared" series about? :shifty:

Jut like rope :blink: NAH, that's just gloomy :eek:
Well, who bothers with time if you exactly live FOREVER and plunge through different lives hey :cheeky: Time is not of the essence!

I think I have to come up with a 'compromise' though somehow :smilerolleyes: or we'll be stuck till time does run out :doh:

The "Scared" trilogy is about the LIFE story of a boy named 'Daryll' :D He's on a quest to belong somewhere.

"Scared alone" the first book, Published Feb 22, 2013 is about:

Daryll is a happy kid at 11. One day, his life turns from Bliss to Hell as his mum slips into a coma.

How do you cope when all hope is lost?

Do you hold on and pray that someone will save you?

This is the 'true to life' story of a Boy on a quest to belong somewhere.

I'm currently in the final editing stage of 'Scared & Tainted',the 2nd book, that I'd like to publish in August :blush:
which tells us the adventures of Daryll as 'teeny' and how he copes with the recent events in his life.

Then of course, you have 'Scared no more' with more exciting events and definitely a climax we 'both' agree on :scratch:

It's a project I've been working on since 2004 :blink: Sometimes life gets in the way, hey :smilerolleyes:

Is not. :eek: Like I said before, not everything exists within time. :p Our souls don't. :no: They are eternal for they have no mass and anything that has no mass is not affected by time. :yes:

I see. You sure finished the other one quick though. :eek: If you started the first in 2004 and published this year and you've already almost finished part 2. That's a considerable difference. :lol:

I wrote the demo in 2004 :blush: Published the story in 2006 and published the translated version in 2009 but wasn't really satisfied with it so I 'revamped' it and it initially grew into 3 books. Oh, I know from Demo till finish seems quite a stretch but I used to work full time before I 'crashed and burnt' and had to learn everything from scratch again. Always with the vision of I'll finish this project as if it would be the last thing I do. :cheeky:

Yep, I know a bolt of energy is not affected by time or any restrictions :D

I see. Our conversation had prompted me to read through my old scribblings . Found a few cool things :shades: :lol: Anyway, best of luck. :)

No form of light is affected by time.:p As far as I'm aware anyway . :lol:

Hello! :D

What's your favorite Tv show?

The craziest thing you've done in your life so far?

What's your favorite Summer activity?

I have a geek question too. :D

What do you think of Anya?

Hello! :D

What's your favorite Tv show?

The craziest thing you've done in your life so far?

What's your favorite Summer activity?

Question ONE

Buffy, the vampire slayer
Roswell
Heroes
Without a trace
CSI Miami
The Addams family
Midsomer murders (not the last ones, only the ones with Barnaby and Jones)
A touch of Frost

Question TWO

That's a Michael memory :blush:

I was standing behind the nadars waiting for Michael to come out of his hotel in July 1997. He was staying at the Carlton Hotel in Knightbridge. When I got a glimpse of Michael, I jumped over the hip high nadar fence and the next minute I was glancing into his car. I could clearly see the embroidery on his sleeve but then I was pushed to the ground by security. The wonderful thing was the car was free to speed away but somehow it waited till I scrambled to my feet and seemed okay. :blush:

Thinking about it, I must have scared him but Michael's radiant aura just pulled me in :busted:

Question THREE

That's a BIG and HUGE :sigh:

I used to see Michael:wub: in Summer :cry: or go to MJ parties abroad. I would plan my trips to London or NY :mello:
Now, I'm stuck at home :unsure:

My computers do keep me sweet though :blush:

I have a geek question too.
:D

What do you think of Anya?

At first, I didn't really like her :scratch:but then I got to know her and exactly her character is COOL :punk:

She's a vengeance demon going soft so she doesn't know anything about 'social values' and I love her 'innocence' and her 'strict' values. She makes a perfect saleslady at the Magic shop. Xander is a 'dork' for letting her go!

Okay, I'm a Buffy geek :busted:

Question ONE

Buffy, the vampire slayer
Roswell
Heroes
Without a trace
CSI Miami
The Addams family
Midsomer murders (not the last ones, only the ones with Barnaby and Jones)
A touch of Frost

Wow, that are a lot. :D I also watch Buffy the Vampire slayer :wild:

Question TWO

That's a Michael memory :blush:

I was standing behind the nadars waiting for Michael to come out of his hotel in July 1997. He was staying at the Carlton Hotel in Knightbridge. When I got a glimpse of Michael, I jumped over the hip high nadar fence and the next minute I was glancing into his car. I could clearly see the embroidery on his sleeve but then I was pushed to the ground by security. The wonderful thing was the car was free to speed away but somehow it waited till I scrambled to my feet and seemed okay. :blush:

Thinking about it, I must have scared him but Michael's radiant aura just pulled me in :busted:

That's a great memory! :wild:

Question THREE

That's a BIG and HUGE :sigh:

I used to see Michael:wub: in Summer :cry: or go to MJ parties abroad. I would plan my trips to London or NY :mello:
Now, I'm stuck at home :unsure:

My computers do keep me sweet though :blush:

:)

I was gonna tweak on these answers but didn't find the time yet till NOW. :doh:

I also love Eastenders since I don't have cable any more or digital TV, I watch the Omnibus on Sunday at my Parents. My mum and I have watched it from the very beginning :blush: It's a wonderful soap and gets a lot of creative writing juices flow for me as it's real life drama.

I also love The Muppet show too :blush:

Well, how do I keep myself sweet now during Summer :scratch:?

I love to get lost in a story or do something creative like making banners or tweaking on my site. :wub:
Yep, this forum here keeps me nice too :D

Thanks for the questions!
Keep them coming :agree:

What's your favorite fast food restaurant?

:banghead I'm NOT allowed to eat fast food any more. :blink:

I used to love Mc Donalds, Burger King and yep, KFC :blush:

I'm finally on a strict "Stomach friendly" diet otherwise my stomach and bowels gets quite infected and tends to bleed :blink:

I know it's :doh: but I can't 'digest' anything fatty, raw or with preservatives and colourings in :scratch:

I DO still eat though I lost 7 kg already :D I can fit into leggings again!

I'm an 'expert' at my own experience of how 'unhealthy' food can be. My mum jokes about it that I should become a 'diet consultant' cause I know 'perfectly' now what I can eat and what not :cheeky:

Oh, I'm sorry. :( I don't eat it very often, but I do enjoy a Burger or something every once in a while. :lol:

Back