Michael Jackson Auction in 2009 [Official auction trailer on Post #160]

Re: Michael Jackson Auction in 2009

Wow, this is intense. I think this must have been a very tough decision considering all of the history that comes with these items and how they would have made a wonderful collection at a museum in honor of him. But generally, if indeed he wasn't forced to do this, which I don't think he was.., it is a good decision to get ride of the past and start fresh.

Jeez people relax. This is nothing more than a rummage sale of the wealthy. This is what they do when they want to get rid of their junk. Do you think Mike is a pack rat or something?:2cents:

Wow elusive, that's awesomeness! Michael's blinging out with that! That's totally classic MJ.

elusive - good points. but i still don't get why he would sell stuff of his personal belongings, come on, you all know Michael (not that much,of course he is not a friend of ours - unfortunately) but all of his belongings are for sure dear to him, so when someone says "bad memories" i think it is a 5-year old child's perception of the situation. really.

Michael's not really material driven. You hear stories about him constantly of how he'll be wearing an expnsive piece of jewlery or sunglasses or whatever and if you say "Nice whaterver..." to him or compliment what he's wearing, he'll take it off and offer to give it to you. He's not possesive of material things really.

elusive - good points. but i still don't get why he would sell stuff of his personal belongings, come on, you all know Michael (not that much,of course he is not a friend of ours - unfortunately) but all of his belongings are for sure dear to him, so when someone says "bad memories" i think it is a 5-year old child's perception of the situation. really.

Well here's my thing. How much stuff has MJ amassed over the years?

The website says that MJ will be selling 2,000 personal items. I don't know for a fact, but MJ must have MILLIONS of personal items by now and as elusive's post shows, it appears that MJ is STILL collecting personal items.

Aside from Neverland, MJ must have personal items spread all over California. When does a lot of stuff, become TOO much stuff?

Well that's what's sad about it dangerous. I don't think Michael thinks of it as crap, but I also don't think it was bad business making that got him in to this position, but rather his trust in people and his need to help people who in turn used him. Neverland was ruined for Michael by people taking advantage of him and lying about him. And the things inside Neverland, associated with Neverland, along with the place itself, lost their luster for Michael, and he has no need for them now. They don't have the same meaning for him. Just like I don't believe he sold Neverland because he was strapt for cash, I don't believe he's selling the things from there for that reason either.

that's what i said - naivety and innocence has brought him there. unfortunately , cruel the world as it is that we live in (is that a good structure or no? lol) , that also accounts for bad professional behavior. i myself would also do it maybe, cuz i am stupid enough to believe in people, and people nowadays are bullshit. so not judging Michael, but just saying that he should raise his awareness level, if he wants to stay in the business.

and also, if he was broke, i wouldn't be surprised, i mean, he is human after all, we all face crisis, even the celebs, cause most of the money you got is on a very thin rope - i mean, check out TLC - they've had trouble all their career, struggling with the damn record companies and stuff - despite working hard and giving all that they had - unlike,for example...Madonna, who for sure is a "material girl" and would, I am sure, rather have another successful tour and album and get millions of bucks instead of being happy with her family. might be wrong, but she seems like such a colder person than Michael... that's what hurts,that you have to be cold to stay in the business,and no matter how hard it is,Michael needs to let go of himself and his purity to some people - stay who he is inside, but show the mask to some of the bloodsuckers,and not believe anyone - e.g. PRINCE ABDULLAH (is that his name,again?)

am i making any point or just saying shit lol?

Michael's not really material driven. You hear stories about him constantly of how he'll be wearing an expnsive piece of jewlery or sunglasses or whatever and if you say "Nice whaterver..." to him or compliment what he's wearing, he'll take it off and offer to give it to you. He's not possesive of material things really.

exactly...

and Elusive, thanks for sharing that, I didnt see it on news and mentionings...should be there...awesome piece of work, fabulous jewelry...he'll shine even more with that! :D

no matter if it is a thing that costs 5 bucks or 5 million, the resemblance of those things is what counts - for example, Billie Jean glove - yes, I have to go back to that... I don't know how he could sell it.

that's what i said - naivety and innocence has brought him there. unfortunately , cruel the world as it is that we live in (is that a good structure or no? lol) , that also accounts for bad professional behavior. i myself would also do it maybe, cuz i am stupid enough to believe in people, and people nowadays are bullshit. so not judging Michael, but just saying that he should raise his awareness level, if he wants to stay in the business.

and also, if he was broke, i wouldn't be surprised, i mean, he is human after all, we all face crisis, even the celebs, cause most of the money you got is on a very thin rope - i mean, check out TLC - they've had trouble all their career, struggling with the damn record companies and stuff - despite working hard and giving all that they had - unlike,for example...Madonna, who for sure is a "material girl" and would, I am sure, rather have another successful tour and album and get millions of bucks instead of being happy with her family. might be wrong, but she seems like such a colder person than Michael... that's what hurts,that you have to be cold to stay in the business,and no matter how hard it is,Michael needs to let go of himself and his purity to some people - stay who he is inside, but show the mask to some of the bloodsuckers,and not believe anyone - e.g. PRINCE ABDULLAH (is that his name,again?)

am i making any point or just saying shit lol?

I dont agree that Mike is broke, but I do agree with this post...ur not saying shit, ur absolutely right in this...sadly, he should be cold with some people, so he wont get in traps like in the past.

BTW, is he selling the one and only glove he wore on Motown 25th??? :eek: OMFG!

No, you're making your point dangerous, and I understand. I think this particularly was a case of Michael trying to help certain people and those people letting their greed get in the way of that.

I can't blame Michael for when other people decide to take advantage of him or try to milk him, even when it means hurting him, because it's their decisian to do that, and Michael isn't responsible for their actions. I can't blame someone for trying to do good in the world and being burnt by people's selfishness and greed. I blame the world, not Michael. But I get what you're saying.

It's just sad that there's so many rotten people in this world willing to ruin a beautiful person's life for their own gain.

no matter if it is a thing that costs 5 bucks or 5 million, the resemblance of those things is what counts - for example, Billie Jean glove - yes, I have to go back to that... I don't know how he could sell it.

How many "Billie Jean" gloves have been sold in the past? How many "Billie Jean" gloves does MJ own?

I could have sworn that years ago, MJ gave Dick Clark a "Billie Jean" glove for something or other. If I'm not mistaken, MJ delivered the glove to Dick Clark in person.

Sounds to me like MJ has/had more than one Billie Jean glove!

I don't see why some seem to get upset. Why keep things in a storage if you don't want them. He'll actions it out and maybe give the money to charity or something. They'll turn neverland into something else and don't need alot of stuff so. You shouldn't be so attached to things. It's just dead things.

No, you're making your point dangerous, and I understand. I think this particularly was a case of Michael trying to help certain people and those people letting their greed get in the way of that.

I can't blame Michael for when other people decide to take advantage of him or try to milk him, even when it means hurting him, because it's their decisian to do that, and Michael isn't responsible for their actions. I can't blame someone for trying to do good in the world and being burnt by people's selfishness and greed. I blame the world, not Michael. But I get what you're saying.

It's just sad that there's so many rotten people in this world willing to ruin a beautiful person's life for their own gain.

given that it is was Michael and his example and music that I based my life on, I can't but agree with you...I am hurt every day by how people are mean and selfish...on private and general level - that is, people around you hurt you and people in the world hurt the world... and it ain't getting better at all :(

Big Apple2, and he also gave the sequined jacket he wore on Motown 25 to ...Sammy Davis Jr, right?

interesing. the catelogue looks great

Yeah, he gave that to Sammy. He also gave his Beat It jacket to a terminally ill child who died a short time after and they burried him in it. Michael's always giving stuff away.

And yeah dangerous, I know what you mean. I get mad when people blame Michael for other people's willingness to hurt him. Why make the person who was trying to do good pay, I always say.

Yeah, he gave that to Sammy. He also gave his Beat It jacket to a terminally ill child who died a short time after and they burried him in it. Michael's always giving stuff away.

And yeah dangerous, I know what you mean. I get mad when people blame Michael for other people's willingness to hurt him. Why make the person who was trying to do good pay, I always say.

oh my God... :(

i didn't know that...

:( :( :(

God I wanna meet Michael, his heart has no limits!!!

MJ started wearing the single glove in 1979. It's not even clear if the glove he's selling is the exact replica of the infamous 1983 one, that one is at the formerly named Hitsville USA (Motown Museum) studio along with MJ's hat.

mj has sold gloves and costumes loads of times over the years its hardly a first.the majority of what is being sold from what we have read is things releating to the ranch. the gates.statues artwork. yes some of that is tacky crap lol. have u seen those urns lol anything mj wants to keep he will. u act like hes had it all taken off him

and the below shows how broke he is. note the "paid in full" comment

http://blog.ifandco.com/2008/11/anything-i...ats-jeanne.html

Friday, November 21, 2008
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
congrats JEANNE! 143

never forget that; no matter what odds you're facing....
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

I've overcome the typical asian stereotypes, uphill battles, struggles of everyday life and love, etc, etc. anything is possible. never let anyone stop you from what your gut or heart tells you, but try not to make hasty decisions....

when we started I.F. & Co. several years ago, never did my cousins or I or anyone imagine we'd have household A List celebs or just a prosperous business in general. well guess what?
ADD THE KING OF POP TO THE LIST!!!! yeh, thats right, I just booked MICHAEL JACKSON for some custom jewelry! HOLLA. I've been a fan of MJ since "off the wall" and I loved the Jackson5. In a few weeks, I'll show you the first piece we have done for Mike! and f.y.i. PAID IN FULL!

Posted by BEN BALLER at 11:11 AM 3 comments Links to this post
Labels: ben baller, CASIO G-SHOCK, I.F. and CO., Icee Fresh, IF and Co., jeanne, katie holmes, michael jackson, tom cruise

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blog.ifandco.com/2008/12/8020.html

Sunday, December 7, 2008
80/20

Ever since I stopped being a degenerate gambler, I have a hard time leaving las vegas and I just found out some friends are coming in from the t-dot today...BUT, I'm supposed to deliver Michael Jackson's piece 2moro, so that's my main priority , also the gym is another and I gotta get back on the grind so I can pay this overhead... Life isn't just about partying. 80/20 y'all. Real talk it's about 80% good, 20% bad. My trainer's even to the point of telling me to examine where I eat a burger, maybe avoid the bun and check where the beef comes from and all that. I can't get to that point of ill levels yet. To me, thats like getting a blowjob with a condom on. Hells NO.
As much fun as I had, I need to get back focused. Even though I own my own business, I hate mondays. I start shooting again soon, so I need to chill a little bit.

Btw, Pacquiao knocked de la hoya the @#$% out last night! that might have been the best fight I've seen in years. They didn't hug and ruin Ish once, they just brawled and chucked them and squabed like them og hearns/leonard days. *$%# awesome. Wow, congrats to him, I'm sure cats in Daly City and Long Beach were partying up! haha. I've been to more than a few de la hoya fights and I've never seen his faced that beat up before. Hang it up Oscar. Damn Pac Man is FAST!

P.s. Cam, you're a real scumbag for the whole Willa situation, damn she's in my head! Damn she's bad!!! lol

"Posted live from the blackberry bold"

Posted by BEN BALLER at 9:17 AM 1 comments Links to this post
Labels: 80/20, ben baller, gossip girl, I.F. and CO., Icee Fresh, IF and Co., LAS VEGAS, michael jackson, Oscar De La Hoya, Pacquiao

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blog.ifandco.com/2008/12/she-says-i...not-my-son.html

Tuesday, December 9, 2008
She says I am the "ONE"
but the kid is NOT my son!
MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!!

YES, WHAT A LONG AND CHALLENGING DAY!
we finished 1 part of many for the KING OF POP! Michael Jackson aka Moonwalker is now officially a client of ICEE FRESH aka I.F. & Co. We made him a custom diamond and ruby brooch/pin so he can wear on his blazer. All rubies were of thee highest quality and all diamonds used were VVS clarity with the best available color. And everything was set into 18k gold, the piece overall weighs 120 grams which is VERY VERY heavy for a brooch/pin. It was a longer process then usual(3 weeks almost), but thank god part 1 of 2 is done. we are making a belt buckle next which will be similar to this piece, but it will be bigger and the colors will vary. Michael wanted something that was gonna shine crazy!
well once the light hits this, it literally blinds you. MJ and His team chose the colorways. I'll show you later the piece he had made for an absurd about of money and it was terrible! HUGE SHOUT OUT TO 57 EVEN WHO DESIGNED THE ACTUAL ARTWORK BEFORE WE WENT INTO CASTING! THANK YOU STEVEN! WITHOUT YOU WE HAD TO CANVAS TO WORK WITH!

here's a few pics, I'm exhausted.....
my camera could NOT take good pics at all. I need professional lighting to catch the beauty of this piece. it is ICEEE! even the slightest flash just blurred everything out of proportion.

the artwork

the wax mold....

work in progress....

what we delivered to the KING of pop
(click on image to see in full size, it's bigger than the other pics)

the blue pops out even more now since we rhodiumed it....
f.y.i. there is no photoshopping done to this pic outside sharpening and cropping.
this is with zero flash or light....

here's a pic with FLASH! BLING! GLEEEEEEEEEM!

but I swear to god nothing we have ever made shined this hard.

Posted by BEN BALLER at 5:15 PM

i want 1!!!!

I auction off items i dont want ALL the time sometimes its because im broke but most of the time its so i can buy things I do want guys take a chill pill you dont think thiller 25 isnt making mj a ton of cash musicaly he could release albums and albums of outakes and such hes selling this stuff cause he wants to shoot hes gonna make a ton off the catalogs alone

I think it's a great idea that he wants to sell off some of his belonging. I am sure the stuff he is selling is nice, but I think he is keeping the really GOOD stuff for his children to have when they are much older. Why would Michael just let all the things that he has collected over the years just sit in his house or in storage to get all dusty, moldy, and smell like old people (just kidding)?? That is a potential fire hazard, so the logical thing to do would be to share it with his fans, I mean we have been trying to get a piece of him for years why not do it the old fashion way and have a yard sale. Oh if only I didn't have rent, a car note, cell phone bill, utility bill, gas bill, a dog to feed, and other silly things to spend my money on, God knows I would be putting in a bid on something. Like I said in the Dec. 10th news post, maybe I will be able to afford an old tv guide or papertowel roll. I will take the unwanted items for a really good price. I might be able to rub two pennies together and purchase the $100 book set.

I'm chomping at the bit about those catalogues. It's a gorgeous cover isn't it? The expensive one I just cannot fork out $500 just like that regardless if it's signed or not. ( dying and wish I could get it) But with the economy being the way it is...I may get the $100.00 one though ...

The auction itself would be interesting to see and what posessions of his goes to who ...It's rather sad to see the things Miked worked so hard to buy all those years, gifts that were given to him from people all over the world, like the art for instance. Gosh I wish I had money to buy them. What an investment that would be. But this is for the rich and famous I suppose. :doh:

you tell me what hes supposed to do with things such as the neverland gates
you mean these gates?
frontgate1oh1.jpg

Well let me just say if Michael Jackson's broke then he's the richest broke person i've ever seen. I hope
that someday i can be as broke as him

Yes MJ does go through some money problems (Hey who doesn't?) but he's not going to the homeless soup kitchen anytime soon.

Well let me just say if Michael Jackson's broke then he's the richest broke person i've ever seen. I hope
that someday i can be as broke as him

Yes MJ does go through some money problems (Hey who doesn't?) but he's not going to the homeless soup kitchen anytime soon.

:clapping::clapping::clapping: AAAAAAMMMEEENNNNN!!!
Last time I checked security guards didn't work for free, so I think Michael has some change in his pocket to pay for private planes, several hotel suites, and food to feed his entourage (KFC family buckets can be costly at times, lol).
Broke to the avg person = maybe having to skip a bill payment, working some OT at the job, or asking family members for money (then listen to them beat it in the ground that you asked for money). But hey maybe that definition just applies to the broke people I know.

Back