Michael Jackson Auction in 2009 [Official auction trailer on Post #160]

Re: Michael Jackson Auction in 2009

There are other Celebrities and famous people who have held Auctions through this Auction site

Elton John
Barbara Streisand
Cher
Bob Hope
The Osmond's

and It wasn't because they were broke _ its just a way to clean house
and the Items are to valuable and collector pieces to just give a way _

Also a portion of the proceed are going to Charity
and this is not a forced sale _ It is one of convenience
for MJ ..

One Mans junk is another mans Treasure :)

I have sold off my furnishing and belongings many times
and replaced them with new items _ I dont get why some
see this as something negative _ MJ is moving Forward
and getting rid of some clutter - He is NOT selling ALL his
belonging _ Just those things he no longer wants or needs

Thank you for the news.. :-/

Last edited:

Thrilling: Michael Jackson to sell limo at auction

Interested in riding in Michael Jackson's limo? How about owning it? In April it could be yours, as the King of Pop is selling a slew of his personal items, including eight to 10 of his cars, at an auction in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The Bentley stretch limo is the spotlight car. It was custom designed by Jackson himself, replete with a plush leather, wood and gold interior.

"It'll be quite spectacular," said Darren Julien, CEO of Julien's Auctions, which is organizing the sale.

"He's just got too much stuff to keep up with," Julien said.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20081211/FREE/812119982

anyone who had money or who wanted to open up a mj collector museum....

he's done w/ it, been done w/ it, said he'd never return. said it wasn't home to him anymore, it was just a house....he only stayed there during the trial cuz it was convenient...

and as for nevvy being 'graceland'....that wasn't even elvis' idea...that man died w/ barely 1M in his account...it was prissy who made him the entity that he is....she preserved and she pimped the hell out of his likeness.....if elvis had a choice, u'd think he'd chose that?

at least mj got rid of this crap before they did the same to him. :2cents:

If Elvis was still alive, he'd had sold Graceland.

Thanks for posting MsMo.

Julien's comment CONFIRMS what a lot of us around here have been saying, i.e. Michael Jackson just has way too much stuff, time to clean house.

hosting his first auction in which he is in complete control of and that he is not being forced into it but rather doing it on his own terms...

happy to hear that.
he sure can't keep all the items which he used to have in an 3,000 acre ranch :)

including eight to 10 of his cars
he really needs to sell those lol

It's not necessarily because he's broke. lol he's just having a REALLY BIG "garage sale" as it were. He's simply got lots of stuff he doesn't need anymore, just like the rest of us, only his stuff is really expensive. A lot of his things were very specific toward Neverland, and since he's gotten rid of that, there's no reason to keep those things. Everything else is just stuff he doesn't want or need any longer, or just wants to bless someone else with. Time to move on to a new era in his life. It's not THAT sad. It's just a garage sale with a fancy name. :p Plus he's getting some good money on the side for both himself and for charity.

Now, if he's been working on this thing for 5 months, like at least one article said, then he's been working on it since BEFORE his birthday, so that would put it around July. And at some point I am sure he would have had to go there and catalog everything and figure out what he wanted to sell. He would have also had the chance to go through anything new that came in during his absence, such as...fan mail, b-day presents, etc.

Interested in riding in Michael Jackson's limo? How about owning it? In April it could be yours, as the King of Pop is selling a slew of his personal items, including eight to 10 of his cars, at an auction in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The Bentley stretch limo is the spotlight car. It was custom designed by Jackson himself, replete with a plush leather, wood and gold interior.

"It'll be quite spectacular," said Darren Julien, CEO of Julien's Auctions, which is organizing the sale.

OMG that is one spectacularly gorgeous car!!!

some of the money from Michael's auction is going to charity.. and its fascinating how alot of the articles leave that out..

and when Elton John was in money problems and auctioned out his whole apartment..NO ONE said he did it becuz he needed money.. when he really did..

I wouldn't mind riding around in that car. Woooh!!! :punk:

Seriously who needs a limo like that? He was right to sell it. I can see Elvis riding in something like that but not Michael...at least not anymore...I hope :D

If Elvis was still alive, he'd had sold Graceland.

Yes and yes to Rasta too.

But still, I wouldn't mind sitting in that limo though. Does Michael come with it?

Im buying!

LOL, probably comes with a magic word for him to appear... Abra Crotchdabra... :rofl:

OMG, I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!! :O NO WAY MICHAEL!!! Im so sad!!! What is he selling exactly??? Because if it is just a bunch of old paintings, statues, ext....I dont mind that at all, BUT, if he is going to sell items like music memorbilia, awards, tour costumes, thats kind of sad, Does anyone know EXACTLY what Michael is selling??? If you know tell me, cause the only thing I heard that he is selling that bothers me is his white glove. If you know tell me. :) OMG, and you can buy a $500 dollar SIGNED cataluge thingy!!! (Any one want to donate $500 to a poor boy?)

I don't even know what to say about someone actually having a stretch Bentley...I well if you are the KOP I suppose you can't be seen riding around in just any kind of limo. Cadillac, Mercedes, or even a Maybach just won't do:no::no::no:..lol
Yet I guess he has upgraded to a Prius(saw him get into one on a Youtube video while shopping in L.A.)lmao.
Wow Michael has been planning this for 5months now, good for him. I am glad he has TOTAL control over this auction, now the media will have to find a new way to spin the "Wako ***** is broke" story.. Damn the media, nothing but a bunch of parasites.

If all the members of MJJC put in about $5 I think the community could bid on something small, like a picture frame..lol.. On the real, I envy the fans that will be able to bid at this auction, if I could get my hand on something that Michael once owned and I would probably meet my maker right after being told I won the bid...:swoon::rip:

For those who thought Michael was forced into selling his stuff, here is the link to the Reuters article stating that Mike is hosting his first auction in which he is in complete control of and that he is not being forced into it but rather doing it on his own terms...

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE4B970M20081210
The Julien guy was doin the right thing by confirming that Mike wasn't forced to do this. But, it'll be ignored by most of the press and some people will keep picturing of a "fallen" star

Last edited:

I could be wrong but didn't he buy a ton of expensive stuff in that LWMJ sham of a documentary? He probably wants nothing to do with any of that stuff anymore. Not the best of memories attached to it, and I guess not even much time he'd have had to enjoy them before his world was invaded by maggots. So I wouldn't be surprised to see that stuff in the auction.

Why can't Michael just be having an auction just like every other rich person without there being an hidden meaning to it? Even The british royal family have auction. Princess Diana auctioned some of her very famous dresses. MJ is just having anauction to get rid of too much stuff.

Seriously who needs a limo like that? He was right to sell it. I can see Elvis riding in something like that but not Michael...at least not anymore...I hope :D

Technically, nobody needs much of anything. But if you have an appreciation for engineering, then you would appreciate a car like that.

That's what I'm saying. I mean, whenever we see MJ out, he is usually riding in one of those Big Black SUV's.

I wonder how many cars he owns in TOTAL. That number sounds like a portion of his car collection.

they must be old-fashioned types of car. i think he has 15 or 20 or something :)
h sure has no enough lot that he wants to sell 7-8 of them.

Great. Everytime I think it's safe to leave the quiet world of MJ something goes down. Heard this on the news late last night and when I came online and saw the amount of pages on the topic I was like Lawd...tomorrow. lol

And now... after 10 pages :swoon:.....

That.Catalog.Looks.AmAzing!!*salivates* Definitely going to pick that up,...unsigned, of course. Gotta save some dough just in case there's something in there I actually have a chance at bidding on (fat chance). Hmm....thinks about taking some Christmas gifts back and exchanging them for cheaper items* :baby:

And since the T25 book doesn't seem to be getting released in the USA, I'll just replace that order with the one for the cat.

Also, the first thing that struck me when I heard this story was the reports claiming the glove was from the Billie Jean video. There's no glove in that video (unless I blinked and missed it...for 26 years). I think they mean the glove from the Billie Jean performance during Motown25? Or am I having a twilight zone moment?:unsure:

and the below shows how broke he is. note the "paid in full" comment

http://blog.ifandco.com/2008/11/anything-i...ats-jeanne.html

LOL! I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same. Blingin' and shinin' has to be one of MJ's trademarks. He's definitely the shinemeister. teehee. Interesting color choices...and design. I like the musical note thingy and the unicorns. :) Can't wait to see the sparkly belt!

Jeez people relax. This is nothing more than a rummage sale of the wealthy. This is what they do when they want to get rid of their junk. Do you think Mike is a pack rat or something?:2cents:

To your first point, I agree. To you second point, my answer would be a resounding YES. lol HOWEVERRRRR, some pack rats DO purge every so often. And when relocating, it's unavoidable. It's also a good way to let go of things and move on from them. The best thing about the catalog is that it will be an everlasting memory of what he once owned IF he ever wanted to reflect on something. There's this show on The Learning Channel where people (sometimes shopaholics and pack rats) who accumulate lots of things, items or whatever get their homes organized and redecorated (it's called Clean House) and one of the things they do for people who aren't ready to let go of things they really don't use and/or momentos they can't part with (but don't have the space for) is they take pictures of those items and put them in a scrapbook so those people can forever remember those items and any happy memories attached to them. The scrapbook also takes up very little space. I think it would be nice for fans to also own MJ's auction catalog even if they can't buy anything. It's sorta kinda like a pictoral history book. I'm itching to see his collection of Entertainment Memorabilia. *more salivating*

It really doesn't have to make sense to any of us. It's his personal belongings and he can do with them as he pleases.

This is nothing more than a high profile garage sale. He doesn't want or need these things anymore and why not sell it vs. having it sit, sit, sit somewhere and he forgets about them. Next, some good for nothing tries to swipe his stuff and sell it for their own personal profit. He might as well do that himself, since it's his stuff.

And I suppose as we have come to know Neverland, that part is part of our memories. The good news here is that we can make new memories.

:flowers: Well said.

Okay...I'm not sure if the items inside are real gold, gold plated or what but if the gold bits are real he might want to consider having that thing stripped for parts. LOL! The value of gold is extremely high these days. Chop shop anyone?? The LEGAL kind, of course...lol...one that recycles auto parts??

The Julien guy was doin the right thing by confirming that Mike wasn't forced to do this. But, it'll be ignored by most of the press and some people will keep picturing of a "fallen" star

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael would not have to sell all his shit if he'd just put out a record already! C'mon, do a video, or two! Something!!!

I like the musical note thingy....
Me too. That kind of note in particular (the eighth note, or quaver,) is my favourite; it's the most elegant. And in honour of MJ's excellent taste in selecting the eighth note, I've put one that I made some time ago in my siggie. :)

Decided I would love the auction catalogue at $100 but had to change my mind when p & p came to over $63!!!! And that was having it sent to the UK. Just too much money with Xmas coming.

why am i not surprised. that is so cheesy and gordy that only mike could have designed that LOL

Michael would not have to sell all his shit if he'd just put out a record already! C'mon, do a video, or two! Something!!!
i really do wonder sometimes. no matter how much you want some new material.turning this story around and using it to blame mj is not gonna make the music come any quicker.just makes you loook daft and not have a clue as to what you are on about

Back