Michael Jackson Auction in 2009 [Official auction trailer on Post #160]

Re: Michael Jackson Auction in 2009

the hellu gonna put iron ass gates? he done HAD most of this stuff in storage for three yrs....those ugly ass vases and stupid chess set he bought, all the crap on lwmj and other stuff...the dude's house was packed.

so whatever he wanted to keep was sent to his home in lv...which is 'huge' btw....and the rest was put in storage and is now gonna be sold.

u know, the 'safe' room mj had in his room was a place he put all his precious items.....it had an autographed pic of mac from H.A. 1, some coloring books, shirley temple pics and charlie chap stuff...pretty much sentimental stuff while his expensive ass vase and chess sent were sittin gout in the living room...

what he values isn't what cost the most. it's what means the most. his grammy's? not on display in his house, in boxes at his mama house....only things that mean something to him came w/ him to nevada. the rest, y not make money off of it.

the hellu gonna put iron ass gates? he done HAD most of this stuff in storage for three yrs....those ugly ass vases and stupid chess set he bought, all the crap on lwmj and other stuff...the dude's house was packed.

so whatever he wanted to keep was sent to his home in lv...which is 'huge' btw....and the rest was put in storage and is now gonna be sold.

u know, the 'safe' room mj had in his room was a place he put all his precious items.....it had an autographed pic of mac from H.A. 1, some coloring books, shirley temple pics and charlie chap stuff...pretty much sentimental stuff while his expensive ass vase and chess sent were sittin gout in the living room...

what he values isn't what cost the most. it's what means the most. his grammy's? not on display in his house, in boxes at his mama house....only things that mean something to him came w/ him to nevada. the rest, y not make money off of it.

You said it!!

BitterSweet news...

:sad2: That's slams the book shut on that chapter.

But, a new one is 'bout to open :D

I feel quite weird about this - it's closure in my face big time, but on the positive - it's another example of MJ taking control. I think SoSo's interpretation is very good. I was thinking about forking out the $500 for the catalogue - but then I decided well hey MJ's letting go of all of this stuff which means it's not important to him anymore - and I will just look at the catalogue once and then it will be put away - and I don't really have the money for it! I will save my money for some new MJ works. It would be nice if MJ has released some product by the time this auction starts - I guess that would raise the profile of the auction as well as show the public that MJ is moving on (which we know he is but public perception is another thing). Whatever will be will be though, so, whatev!

mj has sold gloves and costumes loads of times over the years its hardly a first.the majority of what is being sold from what we have read is things releating to the ranch. the gates.statues artwork. yes some of that is tacky crap lol. have u seen those urns lol anything mj wants to keep he will. u act like hes had it all taken off him

and the below shows how broke he is. note the "paid in full" comment

Thanks for this elusive. :) Holy crap. :bugeyed That's a lotta diamonds.

Well let me just say if Michael Jackson's broke then he's the richest broke person i've ever seen. I hope
that someday i can be as broke as him

Yes MJ does go through some money problems (Hey who doesn't?) but he's not going to the homeless soup kitchen anytime soon.

Amen!

lmaooo...pictures mj going to the homeless soup kitchen..:lol

I don't really get why he is doing this while there are people willing to open museum about MJ or the J5...
but from the article it seems he is selling statues, vases an probably some paintings, I don't really see anything that could change his life or something that he would like to keep... to me just seems the end of neverland that started with the change of name, it is just stuff that has no sense anymore.

It really doesn't have to make sense to any of us. It's his personal belongings and he can do with them as he pleases.

This is nothing more than a high profile garage sale. He doesn't want or need these things anymore and why not sell it vs. having it sit, sit, sit somewhere and he forgets about them. Next, some good for nothing tries to swipe his stuff and sell it for their own personal profit. He might as well do that himself, since it's his stuff.

And I suppose as we have come to know Neverland, that part is part of our memories. The good news here is that we can make new memories.

knowing how humble and emotional Michael is, he would NEVER sell all this "CRAP" - Billie Jean glove,costumes etc. - you think that's crap? To him especially?

and plus, i wasn't the only person who said that thinks MJ is broke.

he is not broke as in "have no place to live" - but his innocence and naivety have cost him, and he needs to get rough on the professional field.

I don't think MJ's disposition has anything to do with business. Furthermore, I don't think we give him credit for growing and changing. Fans may not want to see changes, but I think that MJ has different priorities now and he sees things differently because of what he has had to go thru.

Michael Jackson is not broke. The only meaning for that word is without funds. As long as he has a share of the ATV/Sony catalog, he is worth hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars. Yes, he has a debt load that he must retire, and he is doing those things. He's tightening his belt and being more fiscally responsible.

But there is one thing that you have to understand. He ani't gonna be pushed into throwing out music and touring because it's what some fans want right NOW. One thing doesn't have to do with the other. I think that's reasonable to say at this point.

Yes, very true, this year marks the 20th anniversary of Neverland Valley ranch. From 1988 to 2008, Neverland was Michael's home and the magical place we knew it to be. Now, however, Michael has ended that chapter in his career and started a new one, like he has done many times in the past. He has sold/transferred Neverland to someone else, and reverted its name to Sycamore Valley Ranch, he is selling all or most of what occupied Neverland. He lives with his three kids in Vegas now, no longer invites to children to his home or hangs out with them (not that there was anything wrong with that). He has completely washed himself of any negativity that was surrounding him. In fact, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't even think he wasted his time or money finding anything new to wear, the past two or three years he has pretty much been wearing the same pants/suit jacket..(the pants are particularly recognizable as the ones he wore to the world music awards 2006). And his hair/make up has not really changed at all in the past couple of years.

My point is that Michael has completely dwindled down his spending and is washing himself from all of the things that were clobbering him. He's ready to start new and fresh. He hasn't left anything for the media to hold on to..almost all of the things that haunted him are now over. The media complained about his allegations..now he's acquitted. They complained about Neverland being not such a great place..it's gone. They complained about him hanging out with kids..it's done. The complained about his lavish spending, now all of it is being auctioned off and he hasn't been wearing anything other than the same old pants and suit jacket. Even his kids are no longer velied. Michael has really taken the initiative to start fresh and remove any remanants of negativity. And I truly believe that he can return his image to what it was before the mess he got into. The Michael Jackson that is just purely him, and his family, lives in a house in Vegas, and is focused on nothing but the music. That's what made Thriller and Off the Wall..and that's what I feel he's trying to get back to..that magic.

Well I know, but in all likelyhood, Michael isn't selling this stuff because he's in desperate need for cash, but most likely because he just doesn't have a need for it anymore. It's kind of sad because it makes you realize that Neverland as a physical place really is gone.

you mean these gates?
frontgate1oh1.jpg

Wow, this gate is so beautiful and unique. But who would buy it? What would they do with it?

This auction is the ultimate sign we have the end of an era. And that's the era called Neverland. When the Sycamore deal was announced, it was already clear that Michael had moved on, but rightfully so, many fans have/had a hard time to accept that.

With this auction, it is even more obvious.

And I'm always rather critical in some ways. But this time I doubt if financial trouble is the reason behind the auction. Neverland was huge, and Michael has scaled back (and needed to do so). Where is he gonna put all that stuff? In a storage? What for? It only costs more money. Besides, I don't think the auction will render so much money that it would solve possible remaining problems.

No, I actually think this is cleaning house, finishing business. Marking the end of an era, so a new one can begin.

And by the way: how many times can you auction off the same glove? I think he has a box full of them, and every once in a while he pulls one out and says: this is THE glove. And somehow no one notices.

everything that changes survives. everything that denies changes dies.
Michael never stops to amaze me with his constant grow and actually this auction made me excited about the future - means he has a lot in store for us. he's getting "new skin"

Ok, I finally admit it.
Mike is broke.

Selling off Neverland to Sycamore valley was one thing, and span by some as a smart business move (rather than as a consequence of his financial state), but I can't really see any reason to sell of all these personal items unless he absolutely needs to.
If he could afford to keep them in storage somewhere then he would.
He needs to get back to work and actually release something soon before this mess gets worse, not just work endlessly in the studio - that doesn't generate profit.

i don't agree with you. rich people sell things all the time.
if any other rich person was doing what MJ may be doing, they'd never be considered broke. MJ's magic has never left.

Last edited:

It's finally hitting me. MJ ain't ever going back to Neverland for real. He's even selling the bloody gates! It's over. In my own selfish mind I wanted Neverland to exist forever. A touchstone for fans of MJ to visit. Yes, I wanted it to be his Graceland. But after everything MJ has put up with in that house, I understand. The action seems to be well put together. I bet he makes millions!

FTR, I don't buy the broke talk. Neverland is now a liability to MJ, so he's getting rid of it slowly and carefully because he wants as much for his investment as possible. He's selling the items he does not want or need. That's all. After this auction, he can deal with selling the land.

Last edited:

I think that MJ is planning on a smaller place....one that maybe more homey. You know, with a nice warm fireplace, enough bedrooms for his kids....without all of the other stuff he had. He's turning a new chapter in his life now. And that can only be good.

Yes, this is litteraly cleaning house.

I heard about this on the news about 40 mins ago. It's sad that he's selling all this stuff, but at least it isn't anything negative this time.

MORE INFO.....

Michael Jackson's Neverland gates, glove for sale

By Jill Serjeant

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The gates of Michael Jackson's famed Neverland Ranch and one of the white gloves first unveiled in his 1983 "Billie Jean" video are going up for auction in a 2,000-item sale organized by the self-styled King of Pop.

Auctioneer Darren Julien said Wednesday that Jackson was sorting through thousands of personal items and his vast art collection from the abandoned Neverland Ranch and other places.

He said the five-day auction in Beverly Hills, scheduled for April 21-25, will be the first organized by Jackson, who has been living as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on child sex abuse charges.

"He has never had one (an auction)," Julien said. "We have been working closely with him for five months and he is in complete control of this."

Julien said a similar white glove once owned by Jackson fetched $35,000 at an auction in 2006 ago, while a pair of the singer's white socks went for $15,000 in 2005.

But he declined to put an estimate on the large wrought iron gates with a heraldic crest that led to Jackson's Neverland Ranch, near Santa Barbara in central California.

"We have not put an estimate on the gates yet. There is a lot of history there," Julien said.

In its heyday, the 2,700-acre ranch included a zoo, a lake and an amusement park. It was also the place where prosecutors claimed Jackson had molested young boys during sleepovers.

Jackson has not lived there since his acquittal and narrowly averted a foreclosure sale in May. In November, he handed over the title of Neverland to a company made up of himself and the firm that holds the $24 million loan on the property. He has no permanent home currently.

The auction catalog alone will sell for $100 with a limited signed edition available for $500. A portion of the auction proceeds will go to the charity Musicares.

Jackson has been plagued with financial troubles in the past few years but Julien said the auction was not a forced sale. "This is something that Michael is doing of his own free will. He is not being forced into it," Julien said.

Highlights of the collection will go on a tour expected to include London, Tokyo, New York, Dubai and Santiago.

The April sale at the Beverly Hilton Hotel by Julien's Auctions (www.juliensauctions.com) will be broadcast on U.S. television and online by the Auction Network.

(Editing by Cynthia Osterman)

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE4B970M20081210

Highlights of the collection will go on a tour expected to include London, Tokyo, New York, Dubai and Santiago.

Great news, the collection will pass through New York, and I will be right there to check it out - CLOSE & PERSONAL. Sweet!

If the stuff that comes to london is interesting I will definitily go to see it.
They did a similar tour when they auctioned 500 items owned by the Osbornes, so they was hoping they would do for Mike's stuff.

"He has never had one (an auction)," Julien said. "We have been working closely with him for five months and he is in complete control of this."

Another interesting little tidbit I just noticed is the fact that they have been working on this auction for FIVE MONTHS already. It seems like they certainly took their own sweet time getting things in order. I like the feel of "taking your time," making sure everything is in order and no details are over looked.

Oh and I'm definitely buying the "collection catalog," with part of the HUGE Christmas bonus, I'm expecting. LOL!

Another interesting little tidbit I just noticed is the fact that they have been working on this auction for FIVE MONTHS already
im not surprised. sycamore valley company was created in july. so its been going on since then

I don't think this means he is broke.

I think it's a little sad he sells out, BUT it seems like it's his own decision, not because he is forced to do it, and that is good.

Wow, this gate is so beautiful and unique. But who would buy it? What would they do with it?
anyone who had money or who wanted to open up a mj collector museum....

he's done w/ it, been done w/ it, said he'd never return. said it wasn't home to him anymore, it was just a house....he only stayed there during the trial cuz it was convenient...

and as for nevvy being 'graceland'....that wasn't even elvis' idea...that man died w/ barely 1M in his account...it was prissy who made him the entity that he is....she preserved and she pimped the hell out of his likeness.....if elvis had a choice, u'd think he'd chose that?

at least mj got rid of this crap before they did the same to him. :2cents:

I think it's a little sad he sells out, BUT it seems like it's his own decision, not because he is forced to do it, and that is good.

What does this have to do with selling out? :blink:

Michael is doing this because, since the 2003 invasion when 70 police officers broke into his home and ravaged through his personal stuff, he's felt violated and like Neverland isn't his home anymore. If that had never happened, he'd still be living there, but it happened, and I think Michael is dealing with it in a healthy way by moving on. It must be extremely painful for him to do this, because he must have a lot of happy memories there, but he can't forget what happened in 2003, and honestly, who can blame him? I'd want to move out if it was me.

The best thing we can do is support Michael during this difficult time. Not judge him for 'selling stuff', or 'selling out.' We're not the ones who lived there since the late 80s, Michael Jackson is.

Back