Murray won't be asked to pay restitution

Exactly. mj losing his chilhood and been gone at fifty is a price to pay for the good of the rest of the family. its a fair sacrifice to them.

of course not because Katherine and Joe will be long gone by the time the kids become adults and will feel the wrath if Murray decides to act a fool later on.

I will support Michael through his estate and whenever something happens where Michael needs defending I will be there for him too. I don't need this "family" to support Michael. I don't understand their behavior and it's unforgiveable. I really tried to be supportive for Michael's sake but they have manipulated our feelings and used us. Michael would never want us to be treated that way. I will not waste time and money on them for anything.

And any time they try to go against the estate or try to make us go against the estate it will just make me support the estate more.It will always be about the money to them.

Victory22;3583886 said:
Not only do they not care that Michael was robbed of his childhood but they also don’t care how deeply he was injured as a result and how that hurt to his soul affected his entire life. I am so done with the filthy, worthless lot of them especially Mother Dearest.

Girl I agree... Mother dearest is a good name for her.. She's not even fighting for her son. AEG did not kill MJ, Murray did. If Katherine was so concerned about AEG and her son where was she in March 2009 when he announced those shows? I know where she was she along with her husband was attending business meetings with MJ to talk to Randy Phillips about the ALLGOOD family concert. Ya'll remember that? Katherine was around Mike in April and May a lot trying to get him to join his brothers for a family show in Texas. Was Katherine concerned about her son's health and appearance then?

That's what makes me so mad. I used to be pretty defensive of the family for along time fighting with members on here and other sites but the last several months became harder to defend them... Their actions speaks louder than words.

They are TRULY greedy as hell. Michael totally does not deserve this...

True. My thing is when they are doing something good and respectful, and using their own talents and not sabotaging Michael, I am all for them. It is just that for some time now there has been little that I can applaud them for. It seem they are putting 100% of their faith in believing this AEG lawsuit is going to make them millions of dollars, and I really cannot see how this is going to happen.

I hope Walgren and co know that we appreciate their efforts, and that we know that they are not at fault in this situation. Those of us who have helped others, and then after we waste time on these people's problems, they decide they do not want what we give them or find fault with it, must know how Walgren is feeling at this time.

I expect that a deal with Murray has already been cut. Letting go of restitution is a pretty BIG DEAL? Didn't come out of nowhere, now did it?

AUTUMN you had me thinking about the bolded. It could be that Muarry said he will offer certain help if the family would help kill the restitution angle. This might be all conspiracy, but we already heard last year that the family was meeting with Muarry's lawyer about the case.

Yes i find it odd that mjs family would wanna have a meeting with murrays lawyer, it just doesnt make sense

^^Now we know why they were interested in meeting with Muarry's lawyers after the trial, and why LaToya ran to the media with the story that Paris said Muarry would not kill Michael because Michael said he was a good doctor. You see how she tried to pull that child into the case, and begin to lay the groundwork that another entity killed Michael from the very start?

Everyone brace yourself to hear from the family how bad Michael looked just before he died. How he was always crying and asking for Joe, how he was very weak and wrote someone in AEG wanted to kill him.

Holy Crap...............I can't believe my eyes when I read it. What's wrong with this family. Every time I think it can't be worse, it actually can. They should do the same thing what Nicole Brown's family did. Making sure he won't be able to profit from MJ's death. However, they think they should go after AEG instead of Murray? This can't be serious. I can't believe the only thing they see is dollar sign. Big SIGH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before MJ passed, I always thought lots of things about the J family are exaggerated by the media or people around. Honestly, this family is beyond imagination. How can MJ survive all these years? No wonder he kept them in a distance for years. I felt sorry for PPB. I can only hope they turned out to be good like their father.

AUTUMN you had me thinking about the bolded. It could be that Muarry said he will offer certain help if the family would help kill the restitution angle. This might be all conspiracy, but we already heard last year that the family was meeting with Muarry's lawyer about the case.

That's what I'm thinking too. The whole thing just seems really weird. If they didn't want "blood money," which is what some people are arguing in astounding fit of idiocy, they would have botched the restitution from day one and wouldn't be going after AEG [or wouldn't do the things they generally do, for that matter]. It's obvious "blood money" is EXACTLY what they want.

I think some sort of agreement might have been reached, and the lawyers have talked amongst themselves to reach it. I don't want to say that's what has taken place, but I think it is not exactly out of the question.

I dont know why we should be surprised at the jacksons not caring about murray being able to make money off what he did. after all the jacksons have done exactly the same for nearly three years. they have done everything possible to cash in on the killing. theyve just thrown mj under a bus yet again for the good of the family. its that communist mentality were its only mj that
gets crapped on

Capitalist mentality, anything for the almighty dollar, like Michael said "anything for money." They'd turn around and stab each other in the back if it meant earning one more dollar, so "communist" is not the proper description here. This is the very spirit of capitalism at its worst.

I can bet they havent or at least have told them some truth but not all of it
at this point their heads are filled with conspiracy theories and that Murray is just a fall guy. They're brainwashed, wouldn't surprise me if Katherine were to set up a a photo op with Michael's kids, herself and Murray, after he gets released to emphasize their believe that Murray's a fall guy.

If they have done the unthinkable and made a deal with their child's killer, Murray is going to doublecross them and then he'll once he's out, he'll go on to trash Michael everywhere anyone will have him. These people are all so predictable.

The family dont care if murray talks trash. if it helps their allegations against aeg its worth it.after all the family have talked trash about mj in order to help their case. more the merrier for them.

None of them ever gave a dam about him. he was and is their meal ticket. their actions and words are not from ppl who loved him. But of course with that family its all about protecting the family image so they blame the freak when they should try looking in the mirror. its all about denial with themits no wonder he spent most of his adult life looking for a real family
sadly your right. it's just sad that they got the hold of those children. i fear the'll end up exactly like he didn't want them to.

also i don't get how anyone fan or none fan of Michael defend these people anymore.

Basically, the choice was between suing the "indigent"who will probably never be able to pay anything, or suing the big company with a fat wallet.

Funny, I thought it was about suing the one that's guilty, but I guess we all have different values

I only share the opinion of others here : I hope they'll both lose their cases against AEG.

at this point their heads are filled with conspiracy theories and that Murray is just a fall guy. They're brainwashed, wouldn't surprise me if Katherine were to set up a a photo op with Michael's kids, herself and Murray, after he gets released to emphasize their believe that Murray's a fall guy.

I think the Jacksons have received some VERY bad advice. I'm just not seein' how restitution, FROM Murray, would affect a potential judgment against AEG. AEG wasn't on trial -- Murray was. It might have affected a settlement from Murray, but he's destitute, so I don't see how that would matter? What they HAVE done, is open the flood-gates for Murray to profit from his crime, and KEEP the money. And now? We can expect Michael's reputation to be shredded, for ETERNITY.

Then, there is that term, "fall guy?" LaToya was spewing this around early-on, and then STOPPED talking about it. Jermaine was doing the same. The word "fall guy" implies "conspiracy," and that Murray was somehow duped by that into "taking the fall." So here's the POINT. . . . IF that is correct, that he is the "fall guy" for some larger scheme, then WHY was this not used in his defense? Surely he didn't WANT to go to jail, have his medical license stripped, and be in the position of losing ALL future income?

Do the Jacksons REALLY believe that he has knowledge of some "conspiracy," but yet didn't USE it to help himself during the trial? That makes absolutely no sense.

None of it makes much sense, anymore, but it seems obvious that the Jacksons feel that they will get even MORE money from the AEG lawsuit. And, about that, they seem to have received some incredibly stupid advice. And of course, none of this takes the children's well-being into account, in terms of Murray publishing books, going on the talk-show circuit, and whatever else he thinks up to drain the public's money, by slandering Michael.

Some of us (myself included) heard and paid attention to every minute of the trial. "Fall guy" was not even hinted at as a defense. And now? A major WTF!!!!! is in order?

So it's a case of 'Use and Be Used' only this time it could back fire on the Jacksons, They should have paid closer attention to the trial and they would have learned that 'Murray' only cares about 'Murray' (and now it looks like they may have to sit back and watch as the man who persuaded their son to believing that propofol was safe if he was monitered) now might well get very rich whilst they might well get left out in the cold.

I'm just not seein' how restitution, FROM Murray, would affect a potential judgment against AEG. AEG wasn't on trial -- Murray was.?

The way I very humbly understand it is that if you agree to get that money from Conrat, it means you hold him responsible. Then you cant sue AEG for the same thing I suppose. To me, if you refuse to get money from CM, it means the law may have found him guilty, we think AEG is responsible too.

Even if you try to use the conspiracy theory, the fcat is, they have no proof whatsoever. Even proving AEG didnt take enough care of Michael, and his connection with CM, will be a tough one.

Agree ben. And or a judge may reduce any $ win against aeg cause they are already getting compensation from murray? theres a reason why the family dont want money off murray. And imo the only reason is because of how it may effect getting the big bucks.

Hopefully it will backfire and the leaches will end up with nothing

The way I very humbly understand it is that if you agree to get that money from Conrat, it means you hold him responsible. Then you cant sue AEG for the same thing I suppose. To me, if you refuse to get money from CM, it means the law may have found him guilty, we think AEG is responsible too.

Even if you try to use the conspiracy theory, the fcat is, they have no proof whatsoever. Even proving AEG didnt take enough care of Michael, and his connection with CM, will be a tough one.

Sure, I see what you are saying, but yet? Murray was already found GUILTY. So that already does not include AEG. The restitution money wasn't the Jackson's idea, but the JUDGE'S idea, and we can be sure he was going for the maximum. It was PUNISHMENT. Murray has already received the maximum sentence allowed under the law for the charges. The restitution was PART of that sentence. Makes NO sense, to just give it up.

In my earlier post, the point I was trying to make, is that if NOW the Jacksons are going for a "conspiracy theory," i.e. intentionality on the part of AEG, then WHY did not Murray use that in his defense?

I think Murray is a loose-cannon, and would say absolutely anything to avoid paying restitution. But if he trots out a "conspiracy theory" NOW? The Jacksons will be laughed out of court, and will receive absolutely nothing. (but hey! Why break a family trend?)

Apparently in this family there was a limited, and fixed, amount of brain-cells given out? Michael got ALL of them, but one. That remaining brain cell? The family has to share that ONE, and those fractions of one brain cell aren't even close to being sufficient for basic THINKING skills.

It's a train-wreck, but one of the most prolonged wrecks in human history. . . . . .

It's going to be very interesting to see what evidence the Jacksons have, if this is mostly based on that email and the rest on hearsay I can't see how they can win this. And if they do have any other evidence could they not run the risk of being prosecuted for witholding evidence at CM's trial?

Also if this is KJ and PPB lawsuit and if they were to win, where would the money go?

In my earlier post, the point I was trying to make, is that if NOW the Jacksons are going for a "conspiracy theory," i.e. intentionality on the part of AEG, then WHY did not Murray use that in his defense?

Because it's impossible to prove, I think. For Murra** or for the Js. That's why I dont get how they imagine they'll win against AEG

Also if this is KJ and PPB lawsuit and if they were to win, where would the money go?

If they win (which is highly unlikely), probably the PPB money would go into the Estate, and would be managed by them. The KJ money would most likely go into her bank-account, to be fallen upon and torn apart, as if by hyenas, by the rest of the family (except for Janet, who has an actual career, and some self-respect) I see on the news that Randy has recently had a judgment against him for back child-support, for six-hundred thousand dollars. KJ is not young, and the stress of this feeding frenzy would be debilitating, I'd imagine?

See my above remark, about an ongoing train-wreck?

I don't think it's likely, though, that they will win, and they will be left empty-handed. So in that case, the only winner will be. . . MURRAY, free to profit from Michael's death.

If they win (which is highly unlikely), probably the PPB money would go into the Estate, and would be managed by them. The KJ money would most likely go into her bank-account, to be fallen upon and torn apart, as if by hyenas, by the rest of the family (except for Janet, who has an actual career, and some self-respect) I see on the news that Randy has recently had a judgment against him for back child-support, for six-hundred thousand dollars. KJ is not young, and the stress of this feeding frenzy would be debilitating, I'd imagine?

See my above remark, about an ongoing train-wreck?

I don't think it's likely, though, that they will win, and they will be left empty-handed. So in that case, the only winner will be. . . MURRAY, free to profit from Michael's death

Yes I see it and agree with it.

Your last sentence is so true and it's what makes me so livid about the whole episode. We, as Michael's fans, work so hard to protect him and yet I feel like the family have handed Michael on a plate to Murray, also there is the suspicion that Murray may also help the case against AEG, we may be wrong on both counts but as usual the Jacksons never address our concerns or explain themselves to us, they only moan about how we are talking about them.

i*don't believe for one second that CM team wouldn't be able to dig up these "evidence" against AEG to get him off the hook. if there were any they would have made sure it was brought during the trial. so i just don't believe there is anything that can prove AEGs guilt. i never got why AEG would want to kill their client right before a multimiljon doller tour. after or during i could imagine but before? it just doesn't add up. just like it doesn't add up to me that Michael would let murray give him the drug without proper monotering machines. and just as it's zero chans of murray recording him by accident. Frank D is on tape asking Murray for a blood test. if AEG were in on this WHY do that? and about not giving murray equipment i think any company in their right mind would want an explanation for that kind of request if the client is healthy as MJ was.

From the murray trial, i always remember that articulate lawyer lady from aeg when she was asked by walgren if she had had any inkling of what murray's nighttime treatment of mj consisted of, and the absolute disgust on her face when she replied that she had absolutely no idea of what murray was doing. I just can't see how they can tie in anything murray did with mj night after night, with aeg. And like other posters I can't see how murray can help the jacksons' case against aeg. So what if aeg were expecting mj to be putting the work into the tii tour - it's perfectly reasonable. Unless, murray suddenly remembers seeing randy phillips out of the corner of his eye wandering about mj's bedroom whilst he was on his iphone on 25 june, i'm not sure what any 'deal' or co-operation with murray will accomplish.

I think the Jacksons have received some VERY bad advice. I'm just not seein' how restitution, FROM Murray, would affect a potential judgment against AEG. AEG wasn't on trial -- Murray was. It might have affected a settlement from Murray, but he's destitute, so I don't see how that would matter?

Agree ben. And or a judge may reduce any $ win against aeg cause they are already getting compensation from murray? theres a reason why the family dont want money off murray. And imo the only reason is because of how it may effect getting the big bucks.

Sure, I see what you are saying, but yet? Murray was already found GUILTY. So that already does not include AEG. The restitution money wasn't the Jackson's idea, but the JUDGE'S idea, and we can be sure he was going for the maximum. It was PUNISHMENT. Murray has already received the maximum sentence allowed under the law for the charges. The restitution was PART of that sentence. Makes NO sense, to just give it up.

The monetary damages that you can get is pretty much fixed to the loss and not a random number. For example let's assume Michael was to do TII, he died and couldn't do it so the loss is $100 million. You can't get a $100M from Murray and then another $100M from AEG.

I'll quote a lawyer from twitter here

Michael McParland

Prevents AEG in particular claiming they've already been compensated by it. Prevents a res judicata about scale of losses.

As you can see, he suggests that if Murray was given a restitution , AEG could have asked to determine the scale of the losses and argue that the restitution from Murray is already compensation for their losses.

So any restitution by Murray could have reduced money from AEG and removing Murray from the mix now puts it on the shoulders of AEG.

The monetary damages that you can get is pretty much fixed to the loss and not a random number. For example let's assume Michael was to do TII, he died and couldn't do it so the loss is $100 million. You can't get a $100M from Murray and then another $100M from AEG.

I'll quote a lawyer from twitter here

Michael McParland

Prevents AEG in particular claiming they've already been compensated by it. Prevents a res judicata about scale of losses.

As you can see, he suggests that if Murray was given a restitution , AEG could have asked to determine the scale of the losses and argue that the restitution from Murray is already compensation for their losses.

So any restitution by Murray could have reduced money from AEG and removing Murray from the mix now puts it on the shoulders of AEG.

So if the figure (or at least part of it) was based on loss of income then any monies recovered should go the estate, including KJ share?

Back