This Is It - Movie meetup for Aussies

Hmmm. I went to see one on Thursday night in nsw at a club, so I'm assuming it's going to be the same impersonator in melb as he's traveling the country. It was Mj and a Tina Turner impersonator. Just wanted to let you know I thought the MJ was terrible!! I was actually embarrassed for him. (If it's the same guy) let me know if he constantly sings wrong lyrics or starts singing too late or too early into the song and then eventually realizes he's out of sync to the music and is like... shit... um..hmm what should i do? I know! I'll randomly talk to the audience to try distract them.."I love you guys!! Do you want me to come down there?" as IF I DIDN'T NOTICE YOU F'KED UP THE SONG, 'MICHAEL'!
I cant remember what guy's name is,but i have never been to a mj tribute thing b4 so im gonna go n check it out.I will let u guys know how it goes.

I'm gonna book tickets for Chatswood Hoyts if anyone wants to join me :)
Not sure about times because they haven't been released but yah

It just came up...but says its only available in 4 places bah! hope its just slow in updating!

Congrats, Gonetoosoon!!

Btw, me Kitty, Luci and another friend had also booked our tickets at Chadstone!!! Yeah!!!
It was pretty intense!!
Me and Luci stayed up the whole night for the the tickets to go on sale and keeps on refreshing the page to see if the "buy tickets" button had appear beside the This Is It section! We thought the tickets will go on sale 12 am but come 12 am and the tickets was still not on sale. I thought we have to get them tomorrow. Then I thought that maybe it will go on sale 12 am Perth time! lol!!! But we waited and at around 12.30 am Luci spoted the "buy tickets" button and we are so excited! We both tried to booked the tickets and try to get good seats. There were already lots of seats booked when we booked ours! About half of the seats are gone! I can't believe there is also some crazy people other than us, staying up to wait for it! hahah! Finally Luci bought it for all of us! Yeah!!! This is soooo exciting!!!

I'm so happy we'll get to see it at 9pm on 28th Oct, since the website said that the released date for australia is 29th Oct. I think only Hoyts premiere it on 28th, others seems to be premiering on 29th only.

Last edited:
just got a ticket to see it on the 3rd Nov at the xtremescreen at Hoyts Melbourne Central!!! Can't wait

Congrats, Gonetoosoon!!

Btw, me Kitty, Luci and another friend had also booked our tickets at Chadstone!!! Yeah!!!
It was pretty intense!!
Me and Luci stayed up the whole night for the the tickets to go on sale and keeps on refreshing the page to see if the "buy tickets" button had appear beside the This Is It section! We thought the tickets will go on sale 12 am but come 12 am and the tickets was still not on sale. I thought we have to get them tomorrow. Then I thought that maybe it will go on sale 12 am Perth time! lol!!! But we waited and at around 12.30 am Luci spoted the "buy tickets" button and we are so excited! We both tried to booked the tickets and try to get good seats. There were already lots of seats booked when we booked ours! About half of the seats are gone! I can't believe there is also some crazy people other than us, staying up to wait for it! hahah! Finally Luci bought it for all of us! Yeah!!! This is soooo exciting!!!

I'm so happy we'll get to see it at 9pm on 28th Oct, since the website said that the released date for australia is 29th Oct. I think only Hoyts premiere it on 28th, others seems to be premiering on 29th only.

Haha I was doing the refresh thing myself too! Hopefully someone joins me? :) Hint hint guys!

Geeez, is there ANYONE up here in Cairns or am I the only MJ fan this far North?

ahhhh i've been hanging out in another thread. I'm from MELBOURNE too!! Put me on the list :)
I've already bought my ticket for Hoyts Melb Central (Xtreme Screen) Fri Oct 30th at 6:45pm. So if anyone is going on that night let me know.
Otherwise if you arrange another date for everyone I'll go again, If I can handle it. I'm very worried it's going to upset me a lot this movie.

also i don't know if anyone has seen but Village are selling tshirts with their tickets.

Congrats, Gonetoosoon!!

It was pretty intense!!

i wish i could go with u guys at chadstone

But im so very happy u guys have got tickets :D

Hi everyone!!! So are we still meeting up for TII so everyone can watch it together since I know most of us rushed for the premiere tickets on own own! lol! So this will mean most of us will be watching it for the 2nd time if a date for the TII meet up is set across Australia.

Btw, Luci, found this promotion at Village Cinema!

image_thisisit_tshirts.jpg

Village Cinemas are giving away (actually selling) TII T-shirt when you buy a ticket to the movie!! The ticket including the T-shirt is $ 39.95. So it's quite reasonable since ticket price for a normal movie is already almost $ 20!

So if anyone is interested in getting the merchandise, I would recomend that we watch it at Village Cinema! You can purchase the tickets without the T-shirt and I think it cost around $ 19 ??

There wasnt a t shirt when i got my tickets at werribee plaza cinema :(

When I went on the village website looking for tickets to This is it & looked through the cinemas Weribee wasn't even listed just stopped at Sunshine-Gold Class :-S

I checked your village website & This is It isn't even listed just has whats on now.
Thats probably why there is no T-shirt.

So no one from Weribee can buy tickets online for this is it

When I went on the village website looking for tickets to This is it & looked through the cinemas Weribee wasn't even listed just stopped at Sunshine-Gold Class :-S

I checked your village website & This is It isn't even listed just has whats on now.
Thats probably why there is no T-shirt.

So no one from Weribee can buy tickets online for this is it

I dont know if I'm helping or just being a pain but I am not from Werribee so I may be completely wrong but if you look up Werribee in the Village cinemas site it links the Werribee Village Cinema the external site otherwise know as Regent Cinema...where you can buy This Is It tiskets... :D

I would love to go again :) I want both those t-shirts so I will have to hehe.
And thank you to Luci and Melissa for staying up all night and getting me a ticket!!!!! :heart: :hug:

I wonder if 2nd week session dates are coming out tomorrow?

I have no idea on that either. The other day the lady I talked to about the IMAX one said she couldn't see the 2nd week of dates yet which is stupid... how can you get the tickets if they can't see the dates?? It's frustrating cuz I really wanna see the IMAX version with ya! Let me know if you hear anything so we can plan :)

I dont know if I'm helping or just being a pain but I am not from Werribee so I may be completely wrong but if you look up Werribee in the Village cinemas site it links the Werribee Village Cinema the external site otherwise know as Regent Cinema...where you can buy This Is It tiskets... :D

Thanx for that!

Hopefully they might sell them on the nights that im going. I'll ask bout them anyway when i go 2 see the movie

Back