Dr. Conrad Murray Ordered to Stand to Trial

Vici

Proud Member
(thought we could have a seperate thread about this)

Dr. Conrad Murray Ordered to Stand to Trial
about a minute ago by TMZ Staff

Dr. Conrad Murray was just ordered to stand trial in the the death of Michael Jackson.

0111-murray-jackson-ex.jpg

Judge Michael Pastor ruled there is sufficient evidence to warrant a manslaughter trial.

In his closing statement, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren told the judge, "It was not Michael Jackson's time to go. Michael Jackson is not here today because of the negligence and reckless acts of Dr. Murray."

Walgren said Murray cared more about covering up evidence than helping MJ.

Judge Pastor's ruling follows a 6-day preliminary hearing in which more than 20 witnesses were called.

If convicted Murray faces a maximum of 4 years in prison.

UPDATE: Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, tells TMZ, "We are disappointed but not surprised. We knew we would be in trial and that's where we're going to end up".

------------------------
Arraignment is set for January 25th, at 8:30 am

Last edited:
LOS ANGELES — A judge has ordered the personal physician of Michael Jackson to stand trial for involuntary manslaughter in the death of the pop superstar.

The ruling against Dr. Conrad Murray came Tuesday after a six-day preliminary hearing in Los Angeles.

Authorities contend the 57-year-old Murray gave Jackson a lethal dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol mixed with other sedatives then failed to provide proper care.

Prosecutors concluded the hearing with testimony from two doctors who said Murray acted outside the standard of medical care.

Both witnesses said that even if Jackson had self-administered the last dose of the anesthetic, his death would be a homicide because of Murray's actions.

The doctor has pleaded not guilty, and his attorneys have said he did not give Jackson anything that should have killed him.

Murray could face up to four years in prison if convicted.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...ackson-doctor/

Nice try about the Propofol drink, Doctor Pinocchio.

NOT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12168611

Michael Jackson's doctor to be tried for manslaughter

_50756895_010843366-1.jpg
Conrad Murray (c) faces up to four years in prison if convicted
A judge has ordered the personal doctor of Michael Jackson to stand trial for involuntary manslaughter.
Judge Michael Pastor gave the ruling against Dr Conrad Murray at a preliminary hearing in Los Angeles.
Prosecutors say that he gave Mr Jackson a lethal dose of a powerful anaesthetic mixed with other sedatives and then failed to provide proper care.
Dr Murray, 57, has pleaded not guilty, and says he did not give Mr Jackson anything potentially lethal.
The cardiologist says he gave Mr Jackson the anaesthetic Propofol to help him sleep.
He was with the 50-year-old singer at the time of his death in June 2009.
He faces up to four years in prison if convicted.

I am so,so sad that this is even happining..You know,I have not an love for Murray,But..can we even imagine his life with our sweet MICHAEL.He,by his hand,DID IT!!!

Jackson's doctor stripped of medical license, ordered to stand trial in pop star's death
By Harriet Ryan, Los Angeles Times January 11, 2011 8:33 PM

4094053.bin

Doctor Conrad Murray, the late Michael Jackson's personal physician, arrives at the Los Angeles Superior Court Airport Branch Courthouse in February 2010 on a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson in Los Angeles. A judge ordered Murray on Tuesday to stand trial on a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the pop star's death.
Photograph by: Danny Moloshok, Reuters

LOS ANGELES — A judge stripped Dr. Conrad Murray of his medical license Tuesday after ruling that prosecutors have sufficient evidence to try him for manslaughter in the death of pop star Michael Jackson.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said testimony presented during a six-day hearing into Murray's treatment of the singer had convinced him that allowing the cardiologist to keep his license "would constitute an imminent danger to public safety."

Evidence presented by prosecutors, the judge said, showed "a direct nexus in connection between the acts and omissions of Dr. Murray and the homicide in this case," the judge said.

Pastor's decision to send the case to trial was widely expected, including by Murray's attorneys, but his defense had strongly contested the loss of his license, calling it a "nuclear option" that would destroy the 57-year-old doctor's ability to support his family and mount a criminal defense.

Murray is scheduled to be arraigned Jan. 25.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Jackson+doctor+stripped+medical+license/4094166/story.html

good. I know him going to trial wont bring Michael back but iam glad to see him pay for what he did. I have no sympathy for him at all. he is a murderer and i hope he rots in jail for the rest of his discusting life. may he rot in hell.

FINALLY getting some justice! I can't wait til the day he's gonna be convincted.

He's lost his medical license. He can't practice his quackery on anyone else.

I am so glad Murray is bound over for trial and his license finally revoked
Im going to pray :angel:for all involved and may Justice prevail

So does that mean that murder 2nd is officially out of the question??

Still good news about the trial and his license (btw. is that permanent?), but still... only 4 years maximum???

So does that mean that murder 2nd is officially out of the question??

Still good news about the trial and his license (btw. is that permanent?), but still... only 4 years maximum???

I think so unfortunately (re: heightened charges, not sure on the license. I suppose that if he manages to not be convicted that might alter the license situation...but then, IANAL). And this irritates me. I guess it's a matter of what can be proven but I can't get over the belief that the "reckless disregard..." aspect of M2 absolutely fits here. AB-SO-LUTE-LY.

Too, I can understand 4 years (give or take) in a case where someone makes a really, really bad mistake that results in loss of life but this seems far more than that. It's one thing to make a genuine mistake, it's quite another to intentionally behave in a manner that anyone who knows anything about medicine would HAVE to know is dangerous. Worse still? Not 'fessing up. I might've felt a bit differently had CM behaved from the get go as if he genuinely regretted the result of his actions but he's been playing silly buggers all along.

And the idea of 4 years max. ending up being far less for "good behaviour" is making me clench my teeth in frustration.

*goes back to lurking*

So in a couple of years we might actually have the chance to meet him at Forest Lawn, when he gets out of jail and goes to honour his friend? Something is really disturbing me about this idea...

I absolutely won't be able to find peace with this outcome!

good. I know him going to trial wont bring Michael back but iam glad to see him pay for what he did. I have no sympathy for him at all. he is a murderer and i hope he rots in jail for the rest of his discusting life. may he rot in hell.

This !

I just feel shattered. Does this man even have a clue the impact this has had on our lives, never mind his children. He should be going down for a lot longer than 4 years (2 years good behaviour). There is no justice.

This is good but unwelcome news. Any news on a trial in regards to the manslaughter of Michael will always be bad and unwanted news. Is a trial date setting usually part of the arraignment process? Arraignment is the official reading of charges right?

In a couple of years or even less, Murray can be walking free.
To me this is not called service of justice, considering that you get 10 years for grand theft and only 2-4 for sending a person to his early grave.
I can't shake off this feeling that certain laws do injustice and obviously need to be revised and updated.
IMHO Murray's actions suggest severe criminal negligence to a point that easily surpasses "involuntary". When a professional acts so irresponsibly, he is perfectly aware of the risks of his choices, and awareness involves a great deal of willingness. The law has to be able to take that into consideration.

I just hope Murray doesn't opt for some kind of plea bargain now because he could end up walking with maybe just community service.

good news. Glad he cannot kill anyone else now that his licence has been stripped of his licence. Hoped for murder 2 though.Glad the ba****d is going to trial.

he pleads guilty.not guilty after been told of the charges. thats about it. then setting dates for future hearings

After one week following the testimony of witnesses was not surprised the judge's decision. Just found it strange not to have been an official announcement by the prosecution. It normally does in cases involving celebrities. And from what I noticed yesterday after the hearing ended the press was waiting for this announcement.

Back