Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon by David Gest (merged)

00LiClarke

Proud Member
The Real Michael Jackson
DVD/Bluray

Release: October 31 2011

Producer & television star David Gest presents a feature length, definitive portrait of his best friend Michael Jackson through the eyes of family, friends and music legends including Smokey Robinson, Dionne Warwick, Whitney Houston, Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson, Holland-Dozier-Holland, Gamble & Huff, Freda Payne, The Temptations' Dennis Edwards, Martha Reeves, Paul Anka, Petula Clark, Jimmy Ruffin, Percy Sledge, Brenda Holloway, Kim Weston, Bobby Taylor, Russell Thompkins, Jr., plus many more.

Includes never before seen footage and unprecedented interviews with Michael's Mum Katherine and siblings Tito and Rebbie Jackson covering all the highs and also the lows in the King of Pop's extraordinary life story uniquely told by those who knew him best.

Plus, fantastic music from The Jackson 5 and other Motown Legends.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/19785850/The-Real-Michael-Jackson/Product.html

Sounds interestin :D

Last edited:
Re: The Real Michael Jackson - DVD/Bluray Release

Me too! :) Thanks for sharing!

Should be interesting, never before seen footage sounds great too.

With a cast list like that i can see why the TV networks didn't pick it up last year - it doesn't have any contempory star power to draw the viewers in. Still, as an MJ fan it'll be interesting to watch.

I recall he promised a never-before-seen Michael iterview last year. I hope this film includes something of that sort.

Sounds interesting, think I'll be getting this :)

Yeah I also hope that we will get some never-seen-before material.

Wondered when this would see the light of day.it was originally gonna air in 2003 on uk tv but got pulled cause of the allegations

sounds like all the other unofficial dvd release to me. Loads of ppl who never really knew him talking about him spliced with "arae" footage meaning stuff no one really wants to see, so has never bothered trying to get. and maybe a few clips of mj speaking from interviews we have probably already seen plenty of times. All these "the reall MJ" or "MJ the true story" releases are cheap trash.

um interesting.
but I am only interested in the unseen footage of "MJ".
I hope guest really having some material of MJ himself lol.

David Gest.....
fear.gif

That was what i was thinking too

Hey, that's my birthday! Maybe i'll get it.... Looks like I got a couple of months to think about it at least.

i thought..its gonna be on tv....hope someone shares & upload it on youtube! gonna w8?

With a cast list like that i can see why the TV networks didn't pick it up last year - it doesn't have any contempory star power to draw the viewers in. Still, as an MJ fan it'll be interesting to watch.

With my cynical hat on, I guess it wouldn't be picked up by networks because it will be positive...not cheap sensationalism.

I am gonna buy this, no doubt.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah,will avoid this one.

Thank u!!

i thought..its gonna be on tv....hope someone shares & upload it on youtube! gonna w8?

We will see. I will wait for the first reviews before I buy it. There are some rare postivie MJ-Dokumentation from not so popular people like Gest. So I must relly ask why the documetation was not send on TV. Perhaps it is boring nothing really good? It is fact that there is no music from the MJ-catalog on the DVD. The Estate doesn`t give their permission.

I think it`s many trash. Is this a doku how to remember to a friend and the greatest artist in the world? I think no.
The sister Rebbie speaks about adiction, a woman about his first sexual experience, another one about his obession of plastic chirugy.
Do you think this are the wishes of Michael how he should be remembered.

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/news/david-gest-reveals-the-real-michael-jackson

David Gest Reveals The Real Michael Jackson
Submitted by Pip Ellwood on Tue, 05/18/2010 - 21:35

David GestDavid Gest has vowed to show the world “Michael Jackson as he’s never been seen before” in a groundbreaking new feature-length four-hour popumentary, The Real Michael Jackson, which will be distributed globally from 14 June 2010 by Alfred Haber Distribution Inc. As a best friend of Jackson’s from childhood, television star Gest has had unprecedented access to the ‘King of Pop’s’ family members, closest allies and co-workers – many of whom have gone on record to talk about Jackson’s life for the very first time.

In what promises to be the most definitive televisual portrait of the star ever created, Gest has pieced together the most important facts about Jackson’s life based on brand new first-hand accounts he has recently filmed with the people whom knew the star best and those Michael loved, trusted and respected the most. But this is no fluff piece. From Jackson’s idiosyncrasies and addictions, the story unravels in a most unique and fascinating way.

As well as celebrating Jackson’s many achievements as the biggest selling artist of all-time, The Real Michael Jackson will finally put to rest some of the speculation surrounding the darker side of the star’s life. This includes exclusive interviews with family, friends and associates who speak out on many of the accusations, falsehoods and lies about Jackson and how they affected him.

Michael’s eldest sister Rebbie Jackson recounts the star’s childhood growing up in Gary, Indiana, as well as his difficulties with father Joe and his extraordinary bond with mother Katherine. Rebbie also talks about Michael’s decline in later years due to pill addiction. Gest’s other best friend, Michael’s brother Tito, gives an in-depth look into Jackson’s history. The viewers will also witness an emotional side to Tito never before seen on camera. Also, for the first time, family matriarch Katherine gives a personal moment of reflection on the legacy of her son.

In addition to these interviews with Jackson’s family members, The Real Michael Jackson includes exclusive interviews with: Smokey Robinson, Whitney Houston, Dionne Warwick, Frank Cascio (Michael Jackson’s assistant and long-time friend), the songwriting team of Brian Holland-Lamont Dozier-Eddie Holland, Petula Clark, Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson, Percy Sledge, Jimmy Ruffin, Dennis Edwards of The Temptations, Siedah Garrett (who had a number one hit worldwide with Michael entitled ‘I Just Can’t Stop Loving You’ and also co-wrote Man In The Mirror), Mickey Rooney, Mark Lester, the songwriting team of Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff (who were responsible for The Jacksons first hits after leaving Motown including Enjoy Yourself and Show You The Way To Go) and Billy Paul. This is just the beginning of the amazing cast that Gest has specially assembled for this popumentary.

Gest took care of Michael Jackson through a number of Jackson’s plastic surgeries and the special delves into the details of Jackson’s obsession with his appearance, desire to follow in the footsteps of Smokey Robinson and Berry Gordy as businessmen, his first sexual experience with a well known older woman at a young age, the terror he went through when his hair caught on fire whilst filming a commercial for Pepsi, the tragedies that followed in later life including Michael’s dependencies on pills as well as his disgust with the rumour mill. The special also looks into his relationships with Debbie Rowe and Lisa Marie Presley.

Jackson and his brother Tito were Gest’s best men at his 2002 wedding to actress Liza Minnelli. David Gest and Michael Jackson began their friendship in 1969 and more than thirty years later the two formed a successful business venture, World Events LLC, where Gest produced and Jackson starred in the highest rated music television special in history Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration on the CBS Network. It was seen in more than 100 countries throughout the world. Gest produced this historic last live concert of Jackson at Madison Square Garden in 2001 which also featured the last reunion of Michael and his brothers, the Jackson 5.

The Real Michael Jackson begins in front of the Jackson Family house where Michael grew up and David Gest spent his childhood years with his best friend. Michael’s brother Tito joins Gest as the two take the viewers on a rare and exclusive tour of the Jackson grounds as they reminisce about Michael.

According to David Gest, “I have tried to show Michael in a truly unique light. I have spent the past three months travelling the world interviewing people who were most important in his life. I believe this popumentary will entertain and educate in equal measures about who the real Michael Jackson was. I hope this will serve as a lasting testament to the compassion and love that he had for all mankind. He was a very complex individual and this special reveals the many different facets of his personality.”

Also Included in the show is a rare never-before-seen interview between Michael and David Gest at the Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration, The Solo Years which shows Michael Jackson as the real man he was, speaking in his deep voice, laughing as well as playing jokes on David.

According to Tito Jackson, “David had one of those rare friendships with Michael where Michael could always be himself. As teenagers and into their twenties they were inseparable and were always getting into trouble and playing jokes on everyone. David was the other brother by another mother to Michael and I! He was never afraid to stand up to Michael and tell him the truth, whether he wanted to hear it or not.”

THIS IS REALLY IT!…THE REAL MICHAEL JACKSON IS THE TELEVISION SPECIAL EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

The Real Michael Jackson is produced by David Gest and directed by Andrew Eastel for David Gest Productions, Inc.

Garbage.

So was this filmed in 2003?

Annita;3388466 said:
I think it`s many trash. Is this a doku how to remember to a friend and the greatest artist in the world? I think no.
The sister Rebbie speaks about adiction, a woman about his first sexual experience, another one about his obession of plastic chirugy.
Do you think this are the wishes of Michael how he should be remembered.

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/news/david-gest-reveals-the-real-michael-jackson

David Gest Reveals The Real Michael Jackson
Submitted by Pip Ellwood on Tue, 05/18/2010 - 21:35

David GestDavid Gest has vowed to show the world “Michael Jackson as he’s never been seen before” in a groundbreaking new feature-length four-hour popumentary, The Real Michael Jackson, which will be distributed globally from 14 June 2010 by Alfred Haber Distribution Inc. As a best friend of Jackson’s from childhood, television star Gest has had unprecedented access to the ‘King of Pop’s’ family members, closest allies and co-workers – many of whom have gone on record to talk about Jackson’s life for the very first time.

In what promises to be the most definitive televisual portrait of the star ever created, Gest has pieced together the most important facts about Jackson’s life based on brand new first-hand accounts he has recently filmed with the people whom knew the star best and those Michael loved, trusted and respected the most. But this is no fluff piece. From Jackson’s idiosyncrasies and addictions, the story unravels in a most unique and fascinating way.

As well as celebrating Jackson’s many achievements as the biggest selling artist of all-time, The Real Michael Jackson will finally put to rest some of the speculation surrounding the darker side of the star’s life. This includes exclusive interviews with family, friends and associates who speak out on many of the accusations, falsehoods and lies about Jackson and how they affected him.

Michael’s eldest sister Rebbie Jackson recounts the star’s childhood growing up in Gary, Indiana, as well as his difficulties with father Joe and his extraordinary bond with mother Katherine. Rebbie also talks about Michael’s decline in later years due to pill addiction. Gest’s other best friend, Michael’s brother Tito, gives an in-depth look into Jackson’s history. The viewers will also witness an emotional side to Tito never before seen on camera. Also, for the first time, family matriarch Katherine gives a personal moment of reflection on the legacy of her son.

In addition to these interviews with Jackson’s family members, The Real Michael Jackson includes exclusive interviews with: Smokey Robinson, Whitney Houston, Dionne Warwick, Frank Cascio (Michael Jackson’s assistant and long-time friend), the songwriting team of Brian Holland-Lamont Dozier-Eddie Holland, Petula Clark, Nick Ashford & Valerie Simpson, Percy Sledge, Jimmy Ruffin, Dennis Edwards of The Temptations, Siedah Garrett (who had a number one hit worldwide with Michael entitled ‘I Just Can’t Stop Loving You’ and also co-wrote Man In The Mirror), Mickey Rooney, Mark Lester, the songwriting team of Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff (who were responsible for The Jacksons first hits after leaving Motown including Enjoy Yourself and Show You The Way To Go) and Billy Paul. This is just the beginning of the amazing cast that Gest has specially assembled for this popumentary.

Gest took care of Michael Jackson through a number of Jackson’s plastic surgeries and the special delves into the details of Jackson’s obsession with his appearance, desire to follow in the footsteps of Smokey Robinson and Berry Gordy as businessmen, his first sexual experience with a well known older woman at a young age, the terror he went through when his hair caught on fire whilst filming a commercial for Pepsi, the tragedies that followed in later life including Michael’s dependencies on pills as well as his disgust with the rumour mill. The special also looks into his relationships with Debbie Rowe and Lisa Marie Presley.

Jackson and his brother Tito were Gest’s best men at his 2002 wedding to actress Liza Minnelli. David Gest and Michael Jackson began their friendship in 1969 and more than thirty years later the two formed a successful business venture, World Events LLC, where Gest produced and Jackson starred in the highest rated music television special in history Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration on the CBS Network. It was seen in more than 100 countries throughout the world. Gest produced this historic last live concert of Jackson at Madison Square Garden in 2001 which also featured the last reunion of Michael and his brothers, the Jackson 5.

The Real Michael Jackson begins in front of the Jackson Family house where Michael grew up and David Gest spent his childhood years with his best friend. Michael’s brother Tito joins Gest as the two take the viewers on a rare and exclusive tour of the Jackson grounds as they reminisce about Michael.

According to David Gest, “I have tried to show Michael in a truly unique light. I have spent the past three months travelling the world interviewing people who were most important in his life. I believe this popumentary will entertain and educate in equal measures about who the real Michael Jackson was. I hope this will serve as a lasting testament to the compassion and love that he had for all mankind. He was a very complex individual and this special reveals the many different facets of his personality.”

Also Included in the show is a rare never-before-seen interview between Michael and David Gest at the Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration, The Solo Years which shows Michael Jackson as the real man he was, speaking in his deep voice, laughing as well as playing jokes on David.

According to Tito Jackson, “David had one of those rare friendships with Michael where Michael could always be himself. As teenagers and into their twenties they were inseparable and were always getting into trouble and playing jokes on everyone. David was the other brother by another mother to Michael and I! He was never afraid to stand up to Michael and tell him the truth, whether he wanted to hear it or not.”

THIS IS REALLY IT!…THE REAL MICHAEL JACKSON IS THE TELEVISION SPECIAL EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

The Real Michael Jackson is produced by David Gest and directed by Andrew Eastel for David Gest Productions, Inc.

David Gest >>> :puke:

This might be a little off topic..........

But it's been my belief that only Elizabeth Taylor knew the real Michael Jackson..............

...........They lived the same childhood and had so much in common...........

...........And she would be the only one who knew Michael secrets..........

...........And now Elizabeth has passed away (RIP), those secrets will always remain secrets.........

So I would say that David Gest has absolutely no idea what the real Michael Jackson is, was and will ever be!!!

I'd like to see this but will wait for some reviews first.

Back