The Truman Show Based On Michael Jackson

Justice!

Proud Member
Peter Weir who directed the film 'The Truman Show, said he based the prototype for Truman on Michael Jackson. Here's the article below:

And Michael Jackson, he is also the real life Victor in 'Simone'. He had a talent and all he wanted was to share this and bring people happiness and escapism through entertainment. And people turn it around, they make it about the individual rather than the creation. It is the actual films, the actual music - that's what it's all about... People lose sight of this and the media make it all about the celebrity."

"Its tragic that one person and humanitarian like Michael had to overcome his "life trial" to show us the absurdity of this society."

Here the video, I had to cry *snif*:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nZjv3cocp4I

Last edited:
OMG! I just posted this video in Michaelmania section just one minute ago...

yeah, I read this before :( WE"RE HERE FOR U MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG i remember watching this movie when it first came out and for ages afterwards i was completely paranoid that i too was being watched :unsure: :shifty: I specifically remember thinking sheesh, this is what it must be like for mj and other celebs. I immediately thought of him. Not good!

Last edited:
If it's gonna make me cry I don't wanna watch :lol:

But I can see this film being about Michael.. *sigh*

That was sad.

It's facsinating that The Truman Show is based on Michael, but it makes total sense, Michael's life and that of Truman's run parrallel really. Truman, from the time he was born, was watched by the world, his entire life played out in front of the largest of audiences, and that is, in actuality, the reality for Michael. From the time he was a child, a very young child, his entire life has been lived in front of the whole world, he's never not been watched. There's no place on the planet he can go where his face isn't known or his name isn't known, there's no where he can go to escape that, and while people may sympathize with his situation, as was the case with Turman, they also are the inablers of his situation by watching and following. It's profound and moving that the films director recognized that and created a character based on that kind of situation.

OH MY GOSH!! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! :D

The Truman Show is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, I just really want to watch the whole thing (I've only seen at the most the second half).

Thank you for the info!

yeah, I've heard it before... Truman=True Man
and my friend just before the beginning of the trial in 2005 noticed that Truman gained his freedom using the boat named "SANTA MARIA" (!)
This director must be genius.

The film is great and so true and Jim Carrey is really good as Truman.

Peter Weir in an interview, revealed the 1998 movie, 'The Truman Show' was based on Michael Jackson. "You watch The Truman Show and, I mean, Jim Carrey did a fantastic job, but Michael Jackson is Truman. He's who I based him on and he is the nearest thing to Truman." The director continues to say, "The connection between Michael and Truman is simple - they both have a heart, and people treat them like objects for entertainment value." The director also reveals that the movie S1M0NE was also based on Michael, to a greater extent. "Let me elaborate. There's a scene in S1M0NE when the Oscar nominations takes headline news over the war in the Middle East and a school bombing. This is considered to be perfectly acceptable in this kind of society... Do people really value light entertainment over the life of another human being? I find that absurd and that's what I wanted to get across." Peter Weir makes his beliefs clear when he says, "And Michael Jackson, he is also the real life Victor in S1M0NE. He had a talent and all he wanted was to share this and bring people happiness and escapism through entertainment. And people turn it around, they make it about the individual rather than the creation. It is the actual films, the actual music - that's what it's all about... People lose sight of this and the media make it all about the celebrity."

Last edited:
and you (someone who did this) used "Edward The Scissorshands" music and not only in the background

yeah, Edward is Michael too
as well as Willy Wonka is....

Peter Weir in an interview, revealed the 1998 movie, 'The Truman Show' was based on Michael Jackson. "You watch The Truman Show and, I mean, Jim Carrey did a fantastic job, but Michael Jackson is Truman. He's who I based him on and he is the nearest thing to Truman." The director continues to say, "The connection between Michael and Truman is simple - they both have a heart, and people treat them like objects for entertainment value." The director also reveals that the movie S1M0NE was also based on Michael, to a greater extent. "Let me elaborate. There's a scene in S1M0NE when the Oscar nominations takes headline news over the war in the Middle East and a school bombing. This is considered to be perfectly acceptable in this kind of society... Do people really value light entertainment over the life of another human being? I find that absurd and that's what I wanted to get across." Peter Weir makes his beliefs clear when he says, "And Michael Jackson, he is also the real life Victor in S1M0NE. He had a talent and all he wanted was to share this and bring people happiness and escapism through entertainment. And people turn it around, they make it about the individual rather than the creation. It is the actual films, the actual music - that's what it's all about... People lose sight of this and the media make it all about the celebrity."

OMG!! Thank you so much for this info!

and you (someone who did this) used "Edward The Scissorshands" music and not only in the background

TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
:cry:

I get the Edward Scissorhands & Willy Wonka comparisons...haven't seen Truman...guess I'll have to check it out.

Very interestin', thanx for posting.

Interesting stuff. Thx for posting.

Greetings all,

I am new to MJJC and this is my first comment. I was invited by Justice, whom I humbly thank for the invitation. This is a beautiful, comprehensive site with intelligent commentary, both sensitive and informative. I am particularly impressed with the comments on this thread.

One must indeed go beyond the celebrity to the artist and his art. Yet who has used his celebrity in a more generous, loving and selfless way than Michael Jackson? From visiting children's hospitals in every city he toured in, to inviting busloads of terminally ill and underprivileged children to his home for decades, to donating hundreds of millions of dollars to humanitarian causes, he has consistently used his fame to express perfect, unconditional love. In doing so, I believe, that he has made himself a living example of what every human being is capable of; he has greatly helped in raising the vibrational frequency of this world from fear to love.

And that love is most apparent in his fan base.

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe." - Michael Jackson

Greetings all,

I am new to MJJC and this is my first comment. I was invited by Justice, whom I humbly thank for the invitation. This is a beautiful, comprehensive site with intelligent commentary, both sensitive and informative. I am particularly impressed with the comments on this thread.

One must indeed go beyond the celebrity to the artist and his art. Yet who has used his celebrity in a more generous, loving and selfless way than Michael Jackson? From visiting children's hospitals in every city he toured in, to inviting busloads of terminally ill and underprivileged children to his home for decades, to donating hundreds of millions of dollars to humanitarian causes, he has consistently used his fame to express perfect, unconditional love. In doing so, I believe, that he has made himself a living example of what every human being is capable of; he has greatly helped in raising the vibrational frequency of this world from fear to love.

And that love is most apparent in his fan base.

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe." - Michael Jackson

Very true! He acts like it was compulsory to give all he got: his talent, his money, his life, everything.

Hello antoinemarionette:):salut:

A warmhearted WELCOME! I`m glad to see you here.

Last edited:
Peter Weir who directed the film 'The Truman Show, said he based the prototype for Truman on Michael Jackson. Here's the article below:

And Michael Jackson, he is also the real life Victor in 'Simone'. He had a talent and all he wanted was to share this and bring people happiness and escapism through entertainment. And people turn it around, they make it about the individual rather than the creation. It is the actual films, the actual music - that's what it's all about... People lose sight of this and the media make it all about the celebrity."

"Its tragic that one person and humanitarian like Michael had to overcome his "life trial" to show us the absurdity of this society."

Here the video, I had to cry *snif*:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=nZjv3cocp4I
that was very powerful :( it almost made me cry too but I didn't know the movie was based on Michael!

Well, Willy Wonka just kind of looks Michaelly, but he really doesn't like kids, so he could never me Michael :)

Well, Willy Wonka just kind of looks Michaelly, but he really doesn't like kids, so he could never me Michael :)

don't agree with you, OK

and I think Michael notices when the kids are spoilt

I'm so happy with this threat! Well, the youtube movie made me remember that time when Michael came to Brazil to film They Dont Care About Us. I'm from Brazil but wasn't there... unfortunaly... But the TV here filmed everything and talked to people who got near to him. A Brasilian woman who helped him with his closes said something like that: "well, everybody say that hes weird and too perfectionist, but the man i saw here was a little shy, happy, simple, and very nice to all people. And he was very spontaneous, and lath all the time. Looks like he was loving everything." Then, a very important report from here (Name: Gloria Maria) got next to him and asked him to say a few whords for the brasilians, of course Michael said "People from Brasil, I love you very much" and Gloria said: "Thank you, I love you" and Michael gave her a kiss. She almost fainted and then, some time after that, on a interview Gloria said that she already liked Michael, but after meeting him she was really in love, that he is so nice that you can feel love and sweetness caming from him.
Its cool isnt it?
He really is something... I love him!

Back