identity theft email, important, please read

moonstreet

Guests
I just checked my email and found this in my inbox. I am a Natwest customer so I rang the 24 hour customer number from Natwest and they have said this is not from them... Its a scam to get you fill in your bank details and then they will be used tofor identity theft.

If you get this from"Natwest" or any other bank, please do not fill it out, contact the bank immediatly and they will tell you what to do. No bank ever asks you to confirm details like this, if you do you are putting yourself in danger for identity fraud. Natwest customer service told me to forward it to phishing@natwest.com and to delete it immediatly

Dear Customers,

We are glad to inform you, that our bank is switching to new transactions security standards.
The new updated technologies will ensure the security of your payments through our bank.
Both software and hardware will be updated.

We Kindly ask you to confirm your Online Banking details

Click here to confirm your UPDATE

We offer you a new convenient and safe high-quality level of service to handle your Online Banking.
Regards

Natwest Bank, and its affiliates.

This is why i don't do online banking ;) thanks for letting us know

these things would get so many people everytime :no:

I do all my banking the old fashioned way at the bank with a teller :lol:

thanks for the warning. i never open an e-mail if i do not recognize who it is from. plus, i'd never fill in my banking info online. I'm like LJ, I go into the bank.

I must agree, it is "VERY IMPORTANT" to check your credit report at least every 6 months/once a year, my old employer used my identity to bank her gambling addiction while I was working 60/70 hours a week trying to help her save her $1.2 million dollar Resturaunt/Catering/Bar Business...

She certainly is a piece work...

Last edited:
^ oh wow!!!

yes I always check mine

money is hard to come by for me so I'm very cautious of what I do with it :lol:

I may be a ditz with everything else, but because I'm not very strong when it comes to maths and understanding investment stuff I'm always sure to take forever to go through it and make sure I know what I'm doing lol

i get these all the time. mainly from banks im not even with so it makes it pretty obvious its a scam. A major thing to look out for is they never use your name. it tends to say dear customer. where as if its possibly legit they will always use your name.but as moonstreet said the golden rule is they never ask you to reconfirm account details etc through an email anyway.

Back