Rubba's WTF THREAD OF THE WEEK: What would you do as the parent in this situation?

RubbaRubba

Proud Member
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kn18H3FKDV4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kn18H3FKDV4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Re: Rubba's WTF THREAD OF THE WEK: What would you do as the parent in this situation?

well if he thinks he's old enough to slap me I'd slap him back.... and tell him for every action there is a reaction.

The kid wants control so you can either give it all to him or take it all away.

He wants to be an adult, I say give him a week as an adult. He has to do everything by himself. Cook his meals, wash his clothes, get himself to and from school and not help him at all and everytime has asks "mum can you do this..." I'd say "sorry you want control you do it yourself and before you get angry at me remember that I have to do it all myself too... you wanted to be treated as an adult here you go... and don't you dare come back at me with "but I'm a child"

this kid has obviously been given too much by mum and now that she's given him all this freedom and lack of control when he was younger, it's coming back to bite her when she does try to exercise some control. She must have always been soft and a bit of a push over and the kid knows this, now that he is getting bigger and starting to scare her, she's trying to be the tough mum and he's not understanding the change in her so he's acting out even more from confusion and anger.

my other alternative would be to send him to school and whilst he is there take everything out of his bedroom except his bed and his clothes... he will have to earn back everything he owns through correct behaviour. If he wants his television back he's gonna have to ear it etc etc

Last edited:
Re: Rubba's WTF THREAD OF THE WEK: What would you do as the parent in this situation?

I'd ask both of them to go over from blaming eachother for this or that, to talk about what they really want from eachother and how they feel about eachother.
I'd also gave both of them clear rules and a scedule which includes all what both of them want! The list would also include from the very beginning what happens if someone doesn't act acceptable.
They would have to spend time with eachother. Each of them would get a time to talk and a time to be quiet and listen to eachother on a daily regular basis.
Plus they'd have to do some activities together something fun, some sports maybe and also some sort of survival training together to make them feel how much they can rely and be of help for eachother but also each of them learning about themselves.
There'll be probably a lot of training needed but there's a better way of dealing with eachother.

That kid will grow up to be a wife basher if he stays on that path he's on right now I believe...

i'd slap the bald out of Phil

:rofl: or let the kid do it for you? :lol:

haha, i'd have other plans for the kid - lock him in a room for a month, give him a curtain pole and he can sort it out with himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPj6viIBmU

spiritual enlightenment.

Reactions: L.J

:rofl: he thinks he's all sorts of badness :lol:

I think the most fascinating part is he didn't manage to knock himself out with all that going on :rofl:

That kid will grow up to be a wife basher if he stays on that path he's on right now I believe...
could be... and to a % of up to 82 those are brought up alone or mainly by helpless women/mothers.
At least this woman has the courage to look for help... wondering if she'll get it from our understanding and supportive society.:fortuneteller:

^ very true in my experiences those who reach out for help are given support and understanding, so hopefully she gets that too. :yes:

^ very true in my experiences those who reach out for help are given support and understanding, so hopefully she gets that too. :yes:
lol I meant that a bit ironical to be honest L.J.... maybe it's not so bad in Australia but working with patients suffering psychological problems I experience society very judgemental. But yeah you're right help is offered... it's just when you use it, it must feel often as if you're also getting a certain stamp on your back ('like you're a failure cuz you can't do it on your own', something like that).

well I guess the first thing to understand is that we all have those moments where we feel like faliures I know I often do, and then someone comes along and tells me I'm doing a good job and I think "how is that possible I still haven't done this this and that?" but I guess that's just personal perception.

from that video it looks like the mum needs some self esteem boosting to tell her that she's doing ok. She's probably very embaressed by her son's behaviour and sees it as a direct result from her parenting.

Lord, my mom would've knocked the life out of me if I even spoke to her like that, nonetheless slap her, lol.
Children NEED to have a great amount of respect for their parents. I understand there's situations where the parents are cruel, but most parents love and support their children just like they should.

EDIT: The mother of that kid called her son "dude"... Explains a lot.

Last edited:

I hate it when people -- especially parents -- open their family quarrels to public ridicule like this. Because you know that 99% of the people watching it can't help but to pretend they're psychiatrists or that they even so much as know what's going on.

Plus, it'll suck even harder if the kid grows up into a respectable adult, but he'll still have this terrible clip hovering over him.

shes doing the right thing, staying calm- EVEN when the little brat is interrupting her when she is speaking, nothing annoys me MORE!! LOL I WOULD HAVE SLAPPED HIM WHEN HE POINTED AT HER AND SAID "Let me talk" She has the patience of a Saint! that boy needs a trip to the wood shed!

Reactions: L.J

well if he thinks he's old enough to slap me I'd slap him back.... and tell him for every action there is a reaction.

The kid wants control so you can either give it all to him or take it all away.

He wants to be an adult, I say give him a week as an adult. He has to do everything by himself. Cook his meals, wash his clothes, get himself to and from school and not help him at all and everytime has asks "mum can you do this..." I'd say "sorry you want control you do it yourself and before you get angry at me remember that I have to do it all myself too... you wanted to be treated as an adult here you go... and don't you dare come back at me with "but I'm a child"

this kid has obviously been given too much by mum and now that she's given him all this freedom and lack of control when he was younger, it's coming back to bite her when she does try to exercise some control. She must have always been soft and a bit of a push over and the kid knows this, now that he is getting bigger and starting to scare her, she's trying to be the tough mum and he's not understanding the change in her so he's acting out even more from confusion and anger.

my other alternative would be to send him to school and whilst he is there take everything out of his bedroom except his bed and his clothes... he will have to earn back everything he owns through correct behaviour. If he wants his television back he's gonna have to ear it etc etc

I can tell you are a teacher just from what you have written ;) and a good one by the sound of things :)

^ :blush: I dunno about that, I know I'm a bossy one :girl_haha:

My mum saw the video and said "I would have slapped the little snot" :rofl:

Back