Nightmare on Elm Street movies

I'm a pretty big horror buff, and I absolutely love these movies. I actually just ordered the 8 disc boxset (it came in the mail today.) Haven't gotten around to watching it yet, though.

Anyway, any other Nightmare fans? What's your favorite movie? Character?

My favorite movie in the series is number three, "Dream Warriors", although I enjoy them all.

Last edited:
I like them all but i thought New Nightmare was very clever so think i like that one the best!

I also like horror movies and the Nightmare on Elm Street ones are my faveroutes. I mostly watched them as a child (my mother never believed in age restrictions lol) so I can't remember which ones are which, I just remember bits and pieces. Now I feel like watching them again!

I also like horror movies and the Nightmare on Elm Street ones are my faveroutes. I mostly watched them as a child (my mother never believed in age restrictions lol) so I can't remember which ones are which, I just remember bits and pieces. Now I feel like watching them again!

ME too!!! :yes: I watched them as a child, and I'd have to go back and watch them again-lol. But what I do remember is that I LOVE THEM!

I bought the boxset a few weeks ago and watched them all. I did hate the last one, New Nightmare is it? I thought it was soooooo slow!!! And most of the ones between 3 and 6 are so tongue in cheek and totally funny. Like the one where the girl is running to the house but keeps running to the cafe where the car is with her boyfriend inside! Hilarious!!!!!!!

I love them though :) I have these 2 scenes in my head though and it wasn't in any of the movies. I'm thinking it might be in Freddy vs. Jason...

1) They're in a police station and then one guy falls asleep and the missing people posters start talking and then it cuts to the girls singing on the lawn, and I remember maybe a girl with missing eyes talking??

2) I've totally forgotten the other one... May update when I remember :)

Love 'em. I bought 'em separately when they first came out on dvd. Thinking about getting the whole set w/ extras now though. Don't really care for "Freddy's Dead" ("bastard child" of the series lol, imo), but it's a part of the collection too (and the nintendo scene was pretty cool lol).

I got the boxset with all 7 movies and there awsome my faveourite is the 3rd one good storyline :smile:

I love these movies! I saw them for the first time when they were on TV this last Halloween, and they scared me so much I had to sleep with my lights on for a few days, lol. of I like Dream Warriors the best too

i absolutely hated how they kept bringing langenkamp back....where she's a shrink at that facility for the kids...the kid in the wheelchair adn the one who couldn't hear...omg u can't kill deaf people...that's like a movie rule. virgins and the deaf are exempt! Lol

I got the boxset with all 7 movies and there awsome my faveourite is the 3rd one good storyline :smile:

im with you thriller , 3 is best imo .wooo ! i also love physico , (spelling?....um and all the old movies too, alfred hitchcock ....like the birds etc
but yeah horrer roxs and um all of dario argentno 80s films roxs a party too killllaaaa zommmmmbies out to get meeeeeeee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :yes:

wicked thread ship of fools :cheers:x

the first one is still the best one in my opinion. with the sequels, the majority of the mystery was lost ... you knew he controlled the dreams and that was what scared me the most in the first one. It was the uncertainty of what was going to happen.

blaaah blaaah blaaah :lol:

I like the first one best :)

I am a huge Horror movie lover. And Nightmare On Elm Street movies are some of my most favorite horror movies. I have love those movies as well as the tv show since I was 6 years old. Ever since I was 6 I had always thought Freddy was just so funny. Out of all the Nightmare movies as I like to call them. Numbers 3 through 5 are my absolute favorite ones. I remember being 6 years old and watching Nightmare On Elm Street The Series on tv. And my mother would make me change the channel cause she didn't like me seeing that kind of stuff. Well as soon as her back was turn I went right back and put the show back on. Because I had just loved the show back then. I just wish they would put the show back on tv. I would so love to see that show again. Hard to believe it has been 22 years since I had last seen that show. Another show that I had loved just as much as that one is Friday The 13th The Series. I remember watching it every Saturday afternoon. It was the only show I had always looked forward towards seeing every Saturday. Mainly because there was never anything good on to watch at the time. My mother never had a problem with me watching the show mainly because she didn't know about it. Though she did told me she did knew but she was never there to make me turn it off. Which I was thankful for that. My mother just absolutely hate horror movies ever since she had seen Jaws in the movie theater that was it for her. Which is why she can't understand how I can love horror movies. I especially love watching horror movies on my number one favorite holiday Halloween. I think they are even better on that holiday.

Back