Who is the biggest???

speedway

Proud Member
I have been following the " Do you think anyone can be bigger than MJ" thread. And I can se many people argue about mj is the biggest or not. but what really hits me is that only MJ fans is the only one who cares about who is the biggest...Im at the Elvis board, Freddie mercury, morrissey and beatles board. but noe one accepte MJ fans cares about who is the biggest.
Way dont we talk about who has the best art? or respect the diffrent artist? just like Mj himself dose?...we all know mj is influenced and influenced alot of artist....who cares if he sells 1 million or 100 milion. it is all about the art..,...mcdonalds sellse alot of burgers.....that dosent make them the best food in the world.

I get ur point, knowing that MJ's one of the biggest is enough for me LOL. He doesnt have to be the biggest :yes: :yes: I came to love him'coz of his songs, performances, dance,... not of his popularity ^.
On a side note, u should change the title IMO :lol: :lol: When I saw that I thought "Jesus, not another debate :ph34r:

we do talk about all of the other things you mentioned, and at length.

the only reason why MJ fans may open up talk about elitist topics like "who's the most-known/influential/famous" etc. is because we have that right to do it since Michael Jackson is such an unprecedented phenomena that cannot really be compared closely to your Mercurys, Morrisseys and even Presleys (if you think about the global impact alone Mike's had while he's still living) though i don't believe you on EP fans not arguing the same argument here lol.

but we are bonafide elitists.

what i don't like is going beyond facts and into extreme ego-mania on behalf of Mike and disrespecting anyone in the process (usually ending up embarrassing Mike's name anyway). but there's nothing wrong with discussing these facts respectfully and taking some pride in it because through it all, Michael's inspired an awesome amount of people in many different and important ways and we are a part of it.

What arXter said. If there is a debate going on about Michael's fame, which is widely regarded to be the most extreme in modern human history, then people on the board are going to example why he has that regard.

But people do talk about Michael artistically, all the time. Not enough, I agree, since I'm one of those fans always trying to bring up why Michael is the best in any particular field he works in. But people do talk about his art, it's just not in the general discussion forum.

Last edited:
well of all fan bases..we are the craziest 1s lol..maybe its in our blood..we flashy and love showin off haHA

Look, all I know is Elvis is MASSIVELY overrated.

He was a gimmick...like, Vanilla Ice.

And I know that statement would stur up some drama, as people on this board (as I have learned) are VERY PASSIONATE. lol

Look, all I know is Elvis is MASSIVELY overrated.

He was a gimmick...like, Vanilla Ice.

And I know that statement would stur up some drama, as people on this board (as I have learned) are VERY PASSIONATE. lol

agreed...and i wish sumbody wud come @ me sideways lol

Michael is the biggest period a black kid to reach all ages from 8 to 80 worldwide of all races no other artist not the Beatles nor Elvis, not talking about sales because the Beatles have sold more but in terms of overall sheer culteral impact it's Michael all the way.

I have been following the " Do you think anyone can be bigger than MJ" thread. And I can se many people argue about mj is the biggest or not. but what really hits me is that only MJ fans is the only one who cares about who is the biggest...Im at the Elvis board, Freddie mercury, morrissey and beatles board. but noe one accepte MJ fans cares about who is the biggest.
Way dont we talk about who has the best art? or respect the diffrent artist? just like Mj himself dose?...we all know mj is influenced and influenced alot of artist....who cares if he sells 1 million or 100 milion. it is all about the art..,...mcdonalds sellse alot of burgers.....that dosent make them the best food in the world.
IMO, when we have the discussion about "can anyone else be bigger than MJ?", I can see many memeber take his musical impact and artistry into account as well as his commercial success and incredible numerical records. His music has reached out to so many people from every single country around the world and we cannot ignore the acheivement. While there are some artists who has a relatively small number of followers, which is a great feat in its own right, his music magically (yeah I can't think of another word) transcends the boundaries, which is also a great feat in its own right.

In my mind, it's no competition at the end of the day. We might compare him with other artists and have a heated discussion, but ultimately, what we do is feeling amazed and thankful and celebrating as his fans.

indeed..why is life so complicated? because mcdonald's sells more burgers than anyone in the world, and everybody wants to diss it.

and so it goes with everything else in life..lol

i think this who is the best question has been asked three times in the same week.

First of all please notice not all MJ fans are the same... I really don't like generalizations like that, in the end they don't make sense anyways. It's a small amount of members of this board only discussing this again and again and again.
As much I doubt all Elvis fans do think alike, all Freddie fans do think alike etc.
Music does bring ppl of all kinds together... that's the nice 'magic' about it.

I'm not sure why we don't talk about the best art... but one reason is probably that ppl who strive for such a discussion don't start a thread/topic about that?!

See speedway although I feel some understanding for your 'frusteration' (???) about some discussions on this board... there's noone forcing you into them.
Open up a topic you like and if ppl can't stay on topic ask a mod for help... but first make yourself pretty clear and define as clear as possible what it is you want to discuss... then again please come to terms with ppl who simply don't get your point (whyever... it just happens) and also come to terms with ppl disagreeing cuz of having a different opinion.

The title of your topic here is for example very misleading... you seem not really interested in knowing who's really big in anything uh?! :laugh:

Michael is in another league compared to Elvis. Here's why:

- Elvis didn't come close to selling 750 million units during his career as Michael Jackson.
- Elvis didn't produce, compose or write any of his songs. Where as Michael Jacksons finest songs were produced, composed and written by himself. Examples: Beat it, Billie Jean, Black or White.
- MJ is a true humanitarian by donating over 200$ million worldwide.
- MJ invented his own dance moves and made others popular. He is also a choreographer. A lot of these dance moves became his trademark and made him famous world wide.
- MJ is a black artist who broke the racial barriers in the music industry.
- He is also known as the most famous person on earth.
- He started out as a 10 year old in the business.

Overall: Elvis cannot be compared to Michael Jackson.

Back