Feb 20 - 22 {Update on post #22 for Feb 21,2009}

mariemarie

Guests
The auction is still the main topic. I've read that many of you have been there or are planning to go. Did you get the chance to bring a special Michael Jackson item with you home? I personally would love to have the Michael Jackson robot! Imagine that would totally look fly in my livingroom...somewhere. If only I were rich, I'll prolly bought the gates!!​

Check out the small article about record sales. It's a known fact that artists can't sell as many albums as they did in the past. Just look at the numbers for last years best selling records. Do you have any thoughts on what Michael Jackson's new album sales will be? How well did Invincible? Anyone knows the numbers?​

Have a great weekend everyone.​

I Don’t Think We Are Stars - Majid

DYNAMIC AND outstanding actor, Majid Michael might be seen as a star in Ghana’s rising movie industry and Nigeria’s Nollywood by a number of movie enthusiasts but the versatile actor thinks otherwise.
“There is nothing like a celebrity life in Ghana and even in Africa. We hardly call ourselves stars. A star as the name implies is someone who can be seen from far away but cannot be touched.
I don’t think we are stars here. We are just famous people. We are known people because we are on TV but the star life does not reflect on us, he said in an exclusive interview with BEATWAVES on Wednesday, in the company of his manager, Andrew Kwesi Addae.​

“I want to be in a movie with Leonardo De Carprio,” he stated. He loves listening to Michael Jackson.

Historic Hindu prayer opened Indiana Senate today in USA

Groundbreaking Sanskrit mantras from ancient Hindu scriptures reverberated in Indiana House of Representatives in Indianapolis today, reportedly for the first time since its formation in 1816.​

Acclaimed Hindu statesman Rajan Zed read this prayer. Senators and others stood quietly in prayer mode with heads bowed down, when Zed recited from ancient Sanskrit scriptures after sprinkling gangajal (holy water from river Ganga in India) around the podium​

Indiana State Senate is composed of 50 members. Farm-filled state Indiana , known for its sports teams and athletic events, hosts Indianapolis 500 motorsports race, the largest single-day sporting event in the world. King of Pop Michael Jackson and talk-show host David Letterman are born here.

Full story (PS. Notice that the journalist wrote KING OF POP!) http://www.baltische-rundschau.eu/2...du-prayer-opened-indiana-senate-today-in-usa/

Will U2 be the saviours of the music industry?

[/i]
Five years on from their last record, U2 have hauled Bono away from his saving-the-world duties long enough to finish their twelth studio album. But will it win them any new fans – and can their return bail out a bealeagured industry?​

Still, we should be thankful that the band have at least made a determined effort to return to sonic exploration, albeit with mixed results. It should certainly outsell its predecessor, which will come as welcome news to an industry fondly pining for the days when Def Leppard and Michael Jackson – and even Alanis Morissette, for heaven's sake! – shifted albums in sales of 20 and 30 million apiece. Last year's biggest global seller, predictably, was Coldplay's Viva La Vida, at round about six or seven million, with Duffy a million or two behind: fantastic for her, but only so-so for them, and extremely worrying, if we're honest, for an industry that, like the movie business with which it is strongly allied, has become too reliant on the notion of one or two blockbuster engines pulling along a train of less populist, more marginal products.

A healthy seller – somewhere in the double-figure millions, perhaps – would be a welcome fillip for a faltering business. But saving the music industry? I doubt it. The industry's problems are so far-ranging, and so deeply embedded in its archaic practices, that it needs much more than an occasional injection of superstar success to salvage its position. Don't get me started...​

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1998 - Michael Jackson got approval from Polish authorities to build a $500 million 222-acre amusement park in Warsaw.

2003 - FOX aired "Michael Jackson Take 2: The Interview They Wouldn't Show You."

badera266.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Feb 20 - 22 News and mentionings

bit more info from kop board

Manu Dibango case dismissed

A dismissal order has been filed last Tuesday by a Parisian judge in the Manu Dibango case.

Manu Dibango had already filed a similar lawsuit a year ago to ask Universal Music to mention his name on new copies of Rihanna's album that contains the song "Don't Stop The Music", but he then withdrawed his complaint.

For the judge, this withdrawal means that Dibango gave up his moral rights in this case.

Source: TF1.fr / MJDreams.net / Mjackson.fr

(I got this from hitsdailydouble.com today. I just posted the question regarding MJ, I posted the rest of the interview in the "Sony/ATV Biz" section. The entire thing is an interesting read. I suggest that everybody check it out, when they have time.)

"STRIKE UP THE BANDIER

10 Questions for the Sony/ATV Chairman

February 20, 2009

How involved is Michael Jackson in the running of the company? Any plans to buy him out?

He’s a big fan. Very supportive, but he’s not involved in the management at all. He gets all the reverence and respect that he deserves. He’s a darn good publisher. He recognizes great songs. At this point, we are one happy family. It’s amazing what success can do.

© 2009 HITS Magazine Inc. All Rights Reserved."

At this point, we are one happy family. It’s amazing what success can do.
implying that it wasnt b4? or am i reading to much into it

implying that it wasnt b4? or am i reading to much into it

I think you are reading too much into it. LOL!

Martin is probably just TIRED of them asking him the same question over and over again. If you recall, the last interview that was posted here, had them asking Martin about "MJ selling." Martin's answer at that time was "not to my knowledge and that MJ was very happy," (not verbitum, but along those lines).

Martin seems to be a very straight forward guy. In my opinion, if there was "something" to say, he would just say it.

Martin is probably just TIRED of them asking him the same question over and over again. If you recall, the last interview that was posted here, had them asking Martin about "MJ selling." Martin's answer at that time was "not to my knowledge and that MJ was very happy," (not verbitum, but along those lines).

yeah when i first read it i wondered if it was the old interview

They need to ask Martin when Mike is going to bring his bloody record out

thanks for the news

media types remind me of that fear of success thread. they hate mj cus they are failures compared to what they could be so they ask leaning questions to bandier, expressing their hopes for MJ's failure cus they see him as an unmitigated fearless success. they can't blame him for their failures. they would like him to do business like them but it ain't happenin. but i like how bandier smart talked the reporter, without making it seem like it, by saying..'it's amazing what success can do.' :yes:

thanks for the news.

Last edited:

(I got this from hitsdailydouble.com today. I just posted the question regarding MJ, I posted the rest of the interview in the "Sony/ATV Biz" section. The entire thing is an interesting read. I suggest that everybody check it out, when they have time.)

"STRIKE UP THE BANDIER

10 Questions for the Sony/ATV Chairman

February 20, 2009

How involved is Michael Jackson in the running of the company? Any plans to buy him out?

He’s a big fan. Very supportive, but he’s not involved in the management at all. He gets all the reverence and respect that he deserves. He’s a darn good publisher. He recognizes great songs. At this point, we are one happy family. It’s amazing what success can do.

© 2009 HITS Magazine Inc. All Rights Reserved."

Very interesting. Thank you. See, this (the publishing) is what I have thought all along based on a former comment from Bandier together with what we are seeing here and there. I don't think that all of Michael's working with people is for his album. One of the first times (maybe the first) that Bandier commented on his relationship with Michael he said that anytime he needed something from another artist Michael was able to step in and help out (is how I think he put it).

I think it is all very symbiotic. It goes like this: Michael gives artists that are thrilled to work with him that chance and mentors them just like artists 'of old' did. Michael loves doing it. Sony's artists do better work with Michael's influence. Bandier loves it. Michael meanwhile continues to grow artistically. What he comes out with will have taken all the ideas he has gotten from working with others and out of the ingredients and his skill will come something totally new. That is what creativity is about IMHO.

I usually don't like making assumptions, predictions, or interpretations about Michael, since I really can't know, but I have felt this for a long time. Of course I may be all wet too but I don't think so.

Thanks for the news, everyone.

People magazine has done a two page spread regarding the MJ auction. It was very positive. If I have the time, I might scan the two page spread.

Bee, can you tell me what's on the front cover of that People mag? Is it Rihanna?

i appreciate people magazine's ariticle..and i don't know if anyone will catch this in time, but if you look at people.com tonight and check the fashion week in review section by scrolling down and looking to the right...you will see a woman wearing a lampshade. they say that's the hot fashion, now. nobody in the media better talk about what Michael wears, after that.
http://www.people.com/people/

ATLF- It is the one with Rihanna on the cover. Pages 68-69. I scanned the pages but I do not have the time to upload them. This board, I believe, does not do attachments so I can't attach the pages on here.

Bee I hope it's ok if I'll post your scans.

Picture_002.jpg

Picture_001.jpg

Is there gonna be a Black HIStory Special on this subject...???
This is all I could find on the BET site... nothing on their schedule...? :scratch:

Please post details if anyone has them :cheeky:

TOP 25 INFLUENCERS IN MUSIC
3b2334d7-a6fa-ee4c-9c0f-2da1b58cc17e-msc_fb_25influences_michaeljackson.jpg

2 of 25
Michael Jackson
He is the King of Pop and nobody will ever take that title from him. Jackson redefined the concept of music videos and has sold over 750 million units worldwide.

http://www.bet.com/Music/msc_fb_top...ose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&i=2

944370fd-86b0-f559-51f7-65ee9cf622e1-BHM09_FB_Cover_MusicMakers_HBO.jpg

http://www.bet.com/Music/msc_fb_top...ose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&t=y

Last edited:

cool thanx for letting us know dorothy marie :)

Just the same rumor about Michael being in talks with O2 in London. There is a big discussion about it in this thread :http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60146

In the meantime here are some mentionings:

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Feb 21, 2009:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7903189.stm

Actor Christopher Biggins has been working on his dance moves for a charity talent show, Let's Dance for Comic Relief.
Each week a celebrity act will recreate famous dances - from Saturday Night Fever to Michael Jackson's Thriller. Christopher Biggins spoke to presenters Charlie Stayt and Sonia Deol about his preparation for the show.

http://77square.com/tech/story_439714

Just between you and me, catching a random list of UW athletes isn't the only reason I reach for the rewind button during "Psych," the light and lively detective show. I don't want to miss the flood of pop references that Shawn and Gus drop each episode: Rollie Fingers, Rick Astley, and Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" in one show!)

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/reality/...ns-first-heat-of-comic-relief-dance-show/5095

Nicki Chapman and Christopher Biggins also teamed up for their interpretation of You're The One That I Want from Grease, while a team of TV chefs recreated the dance from Michael Jackson's Thriller video.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article5765520.ece

“Celebrity endorsement has been around since the year dot, but there are cycles in which high- or lower-level stars are in fashion,” says Jeremy Paterson of FRUKT, the music marketing agency. “People remember Michael Jackson’s Pepsi campaigns in the 1980s and Shakira’s ads for the brand in the early Noughties

http://www.oikotimes.com/v2/index.php?file=articles&id=5185

The scores for the remaining 6 pieces have been composed by Stoits Gadev, Mars Lazar, Anthony Michaels – a Bulgarian who has been living in USA for 14 years now – and Siedah Garret who composed Michael Jackson’s Man in the Mirror. Most of the lyrics are the work of Krassimir Avramov who sings in English, Spanish, Russian and Latin.

Michael Jackson HIStory for Feb 21, 2009:

1983 - Michael Jackson's album "Thriller" reached #1 for the first of 37 weeks.

1990 - Michael Jackson's "Leave Me Alone" won Best Music Video, Short Form at the 32nd Annual Grammy Awards.

Michael Jackson News for Feb 22, 2009:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w-my-songs-Adnan-Sami/articleshow/4169973.cms

The Jacksons knew my songs: Adnan Sami
22 Feb 2009, 1534 hrs IST, SUBHASH K JHA
Print Email Discuss Share Save CommentText:
photo.cms

"I'm working with an [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]album[/COLOR][/COLOR] with Janet and Michael Jackson. I'm producing and composing their next album," announces Adnan proudly.

Adnan Sami

When Adnan first received a phone call from the Jacksons they were discussing his music in detail. "The Jacksons knew every detail about my [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]songs[/COLOR][/COLOR]. They had studied my music in detail. I listened quietly to them talk about my music. These were the same guys whose music I grew up with."

How did it happen? "Michael's brother Jermaine's wife Halima is from Afghanistan. For some time she lived in Chandigarh. She got acquainted with my [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]music[/COLOR][/COLOR] while in India and she took my music to LA and introduced her husband to it. And then Jermaine introduced Michael and Janet to my music."

Adnan has had three meetings with the Jacksons in Los Angeles. "It's progressing slowly. They like to work at their own pace. No hurry. The album is like Motown-music-meets-[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]world-music[/COLOR][/COLOR]-meets-Indian -music. I've brought the Sarangi and the Tabla-Dholak into their music."
It’s Adnan's first English-language album, and being produced by the Jacksons.

Adnan is also singing one song in the album. Speaking of the Jacksons Adnan says, "They're very humble people. Always attentive to what I say, always open to innovations and suggestions. They recognized a component in my musical style, and that is this. I really like strong base lines in my songs. What they don't know is, that's something I learnt from the music of the Jacksons." This is the first full-fledged collaboration between an Asian musician and a major American musical icon.

"I can't believe I'm actually working with the Jacksons. We've completed four songs...I'm really enjoying this. I realize I enjoy playback singing. But the independent albums are where I'm totally able to express myself."

Adnan is also working on his new Hindi album which would appear early next year. About Haule haule a song in Yashraj Films' Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi sounding similar to Adnan Sami's Kabhinahin track Adnan says diplomatically, "I love Yashji very much. He's very special to me not just as a [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]filmmaker[/COLOR][/COLOR]. But also because he has endorsed my application for citizenship .I won't say anything beyond that."
The application for Adnan's Indian citizenship is under consideration. "I'm as Indian as anyone.I've been here for ten years. Mumbai is my home

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article5781134.ece

var zz=0;var sldsh=0; var bellyaddiv = ' ';sldsh=1;var stindex=100;var stp=150;var taglen=0;var tmp;var tagcheck = new Array("div","span","br","font","a");var storycontent = document.getElementById("storydiv").innerHTML;var firstpara = storycontent.substring(0,storycontent.toLowerCase().indexOf("

")).toLowerCase();function findptt(cnt){zz++;if(zz == 10)return; var xxx=-1,yyy=-1; var ccnt = cnt; for(ii=0; ii < tagcheck.length; ii++){ xxx = ccnt.indexOf("

Interesting news about the Jacksons and Adnan Sami. That would certainly be a winning collaboration for Michael also.

im so irritated....the peter pan book? why mike!?!?!?!? and the pic mac made for him and the painting of his son, a bit personal, right?

ugh i was looking for thelink that shows everythingbut i'll just wait tillmy b ook comes. just ugh

1998 - Michael Jackson got approval from Polish authorities to build a $500 million 222-acre amusement park in Warsaw.

Did he ever do that or ?

1983 - Michael Jackson's album "Thriller" reached #1 for the first of 37 weeks.

What wonderful 37 weeks! :)

Thanks for the news!

Did he ever do that or ?

!

no never.
i remember when he was about to go to Warsaw i think in 2000 to have discussions about it....and that trip got cancelled in the very last minute (i think fans already waited for him at the airport, because it was in the news that fans can wait him there etc)

Thanks for posting what I scanned, virgina woolf and no, I do not mind. The information is for everyone.

Rockstar - I already stated what magazine it came from on this thread.

Back