SEETICKETS unable to send out tickets before the concert

mjchris

Proud Member
i got an email today from seetickets.

MICHAEL JACKSON at The O2 Arena, London on 16/02/2010

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we're unable to get tickets to you by the date of the show. We are advising you that your order will be available for collection from the venue box office at The O2 Arena on the day of the performance from 1900 hours.

Please note that in the case of concerts, the Box Office may close when the
headlining act's performance begins.

Please take the card the tickets were purchased with, as identification and a copy of this e-mail.
Only the card holder will be able to collect the tickets.

Yours sincerely
See Tickets Customer Services

did someone also got this email?
i dont need these tickets anymore. but I'm not able to sell it.

:doh:

Last edited:
Re: SEETICKTS unable to send out tickets before the concert

hahaha, that will show the touts, LMAO hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Doh!! Thats not good new for those selling on tickets!! You would of thought they could of dished out the tickets before FEB next year!!!
If they do this for every date box of ques will be mental!! and huuuuuuuuge!!

ahhh bulls! if i managed to get better seats i was also going to swap or sell my ones from see! and this means my mum would have to come! grrrr

btw...i haven't had the email yet

hahaha, that will show the touts, LMAO hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What about those like myself who are unable to go to the date they have?????
How else would we buy tickets now for another?? :-(

yes and very nice for people on this site who were hoping to pass on their tickets to fellow fans at face value...who now can't!

Fingers crossed these arent ticket master tickets as well!!

This email from seetickets will apply only to fans that live outside the UK, they have done this before with other concerts. Not sure why Ticketmaster manage to send tickets overseas, but Seetickets can't.

Um.....19:00 hours? The concerts start at 18:30 hours......

Not that i have to justify myself but al those that were up a 6am waiting for the presale knew how disastourus it was to get through, So like everyone (i assume i brought the first tickets I got) I can go on that day , but i would prefer another due to commitments the next day I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have two tickets up for swap. Anyway not getting into this

Um.....19:00 hours? The concerts start at 18:30 hours......

Thats just when doors open, support act probably 7.30pm then MJ should be on at 8.30/9pm, I think the O2 like many venues has an 11pm curfew.

Not that i have to justify myself but al those that were up a 6am waiting for the presale knew how disastourus it was to get through, So like everyone (i assume i brought the first tickets I got) I can go on that day , but i would prefer another due to commitments the next day I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have two tickets up for swap. Anyway not getting into this

but you were given different dates to buy!!!!! if you knew you couldnt go on that date why did you choose that date to see if there were any tickets? its not like ticketmaster randomly assigned you a date and you had to say yes to any date they gave you!!! but anyway!

p.s. i bought tickets in pre-sale too, but i chose the dates i could go. Im not trying to start an argument, im just saying, you know where im going with this

Please tell me that this only concerns people who bought tickets at SEETTICKETS, right?

Wow. This whole ticket business is turning out to be a nerve wracking experience for lots of fans who should be feeling excited and carefree about the coming months.

What we have now are loads of fans left in limbo about the status of their tix for a variety of reasons.

Did SeeTickets have this policy in place before they allowed ppl to purchase tix from them? What if the person whose card info was used CAN'T be at the box office to pick them up? They simply allowed their details to be used in purchasing tix for someone else? Maybe if ppl knew this to be a requirement beforehand they would have been able to decide whether to take the risk of buying tix from See or not. I honestly do not understand how this got so complicated. I hope they have the option of letting folks bring letters of authorization or something to pick up tickets bought by legitimate fans.

This may stop the touts but what may happen is the people who think they have tickets will not be able to get them. And if they can't get them, they can't get inside the arena. And if they can't get inside the arena there will be patches of empty seats inside instead of a full house. I can already see the headlines about MJ performing to a spotty audience. :smilerolleyes: This is stupid. Why has this become so complicated? All they had to do was make the terms known beforehand so people can make informed decisions that wouldn't leave them out in the cold.

Also, HOW did SeeTickets get a batch of tix in the first place if only viagogo was to have exclusivity as an alternative place for fans to get tix?? Oh yeah, viagogo sold tix in bulk to others...which they weren't supposed to do, according to AEG. :doh:

but you were given different dates to buy!!!!! if you knew you couldnt go on that date why did you choose that date to see if there were any tickets? its not like ticketmaster randomly assigned you a date and you had to say yes to any date they gave you!!! but anyway!

p.s. i bought tickets in pre-sale too, but i chose the dates i could go. Im not trying to start an argument, im just saying, you know where im going with this

I was in a state of panic that morning...........this may be harsh but i wasnt exactly thinking of the commitments next day at the time!

Thats just when doors open, support act probably 7.30pm then MJ should be on at 8.30/9pm, I think the O2 like many venues has an 11pm curfew.
I understand that, but I can imagine there's people (members of general public) who would like to see the ENTIRE thing including the support act.....so it's kinda weird for Seetickets to open the doors to collect tickets half an hour AFTER an event starts.

When the ticket sale started, there really wasn't much time nor opportunity to sit down and go "hmmm....which date would I like to go to? This one? Nope...That one then? Nah".....it was a matter of waiting for 15 mins to even get through to the list of dates, and then click on anything and take what you can get.

For the above reason, many fans simply bought tickets for the first date they got through on, and figured they could later either swap or sell their tickets with/to other fans so we all have a fair chance of seeing Michael.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually i stand by my reasons, because so many people have made excuses and are now selling their tickets on ebay. Some of the excuses are so silly

sugarbunny891 - by the way i wasnt directing my anger at you!!!!!! just people that have done this to make a profit. :)

hmmm because i havent bought my tickets for profit. I want to go to the dates, again if you read my comment in the above post youll understand

actually i stand by my reasons, because so many people have made excuses and are now selling their tickets on ebay. Some of the excuses are so silly

...why do you fail to realise that the people doing that are not fans?!

i never said they were fans!!!!! there scum!!!! plus ive seen a few people on here doing it. Again just because your on here doesnt mean your a fan, they could be on here to make a profit, plus look at at the mj official forum, there are so many people there advertising their ebay tickets there....really sad

seetickets send out tix to uk residents normal post, just phoned them

No fuss to me as the 8/7 2x tickets i am selling i am going too anyway :) but this is very very cruel there are probably loads of young people going with friends and their parents paid for the tickets on their card

Maybe when they say 19:00 they mean you can get then ANY day after 19:00?? or they mean specifically the day of the concert??

MICHAEL JACKSON at The O2 Arena, London on 16/02/2010

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we're unable to get tickets to you by the date of the show.

The way I read the email, it looks like this is only for the show on february 16nd? Am I wrong?

hmmm because i havent bought my tickets for profit. I want to go to the dates, again if you read my comment in the above post youll understand

Apologies I did not read your re-edited post.

I agree some people have brought them and are selling for profit. (But nonone really knew it would become this demanding), and the scummy people on ebay are those that have NO tickets and are selling non existant ones.
Fans like myself who were rushing (even though i was in a house on my own this is exactly what it felt like!)
I feel I have to write this now to justify myself - I was lucky enough to have 4x Tickets in A block through paitents with that crazy morning!!
I can attend the night and I will go if I have no other tickets or way of swapping (2 of those tickets are staying with me untill i have seen him at a previous date) But i have to be at a friends wedding as bridesmaid next day!! I didnt imagine my first concert with MJ to be rushed. I want to be able to experiance it all by having a few drinks and a meal at the O2 see MJ then go to the afterparty , I CANT HAVE MY FULL EXPERIANCE on the 30th.

My reserve was what i paid. thats all i wanted for those two exceptional seats and like i said I would swap my other two for anyother date - straight swap not asking for £1000 + a ticket for them (which i could do! but i wont)

GRrrrrrrrrrrr I am so fustrated and upset right now.............

No fuss to me as the 8/7 2x tickets i am selling i am going too anyway :) but this is very very cruel there are probably loads of young people going with friends and their parents paid for the tickets on their card

Exactly! And it's great that folks in the UK are getting them by mail, but what about fans who are coming from abroad as I believe the original poster of this thread is. His tag says he's from Austria so maybe that's why he got his email.

It doesn't effect me either as I got my tix from TM and will have them fedexed to me so I can arrive in London with my tickets already with me. And if they don't come within the 10 days of the event, I have about 5 days to get in someone's arse about it. :lol: This is not the sort of thing you want to haggle about at the box office a few hours before the concert starts.

Why not make a profit???? some of us have responsibilities, children etc it is not often you have in your posession something alot of people WANT to pay good money for. If i didn't have a ticket for the opening night I would be happy to pay over the odds to see MJ. I did not intentionally buy the tickets to sell my sis is pregnant and she will have a new born baby come July so she decided to get 2 tickets in September leaving me with 2 spare

Apologies I did not read your re-edited post.

I agree some people have brought them and are selling for profit. (But nonone really knew it would become this demanding), and the scummy people on ebay are those that have NO tickets and are selling non existant ones.
Fans like myself who were rushing (even though i was in a house on my own this is exactly what it felt like!)
I feel I have to write this now to justify myself - I was lucky enough to have 4x Tickets in A block through paitents with that crazy morning!!
I can attend the night and I will go if I have no other tickets or way of swapping (2 of those tickets are staying with me untill i have seen him at a previous date) But i have to be at a friends wedding as bridesmaid next day!! I didnt imagine my first concert with MJ to be rushed. I want to be able to experiance it all by having a few drinks and a meal at the O2 see MJ then go to the afterparty , I CANT HAVE MY FULL EXPERIANCE on the 30th.

My reserve was what i paid. thats all i wanted for those two exceptional seats and like i said I would swap my other two for anyother date - straight swap not asking for £1000 + a ticket for them (which i could do! but i wont)

GRrrrrrrrrrrr I am so fustrated and upset right now.............

sorry if i made you feel bad sugarbunny891 i honestly wasnt having a go at you, just frustrated by the scammers that have bought tickets and made silly excuses just to sell them for profit :)

Back