How did you know?

Arabian Knight

Proud Member
I normally start my day in the morning reading my emails and checking out YouTube, today while I am downloading my emails I was viewing YouTube homepage and when you are logged-in you get spotlight, subscriptions, recommended for you, etc… one of the video titles captured my attention ‘Michael Jackson Death’ I thought this was one of those haters and I didn’t pay much attention, but then when I saw my emails I saw there are over 40 new messages as replies to some of my videos on my YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/arabiankn8) which is dedicated to him! Why all the sudden my videos are becoming popular?! When I started reading one by one and each message contains ‘MJ RIP’ I was in a state of shock but it was building up gradually where my heart started to beat so hard, I Immediately visited MJJCommunity and then saw the news I just left my chair I stood up and the waterfalls started running from my eyes! I was unable to believe it, I was randomly checking news sites and TV then I started to realize it.

My sister call me from Poland to France and wake up me and she said: My dear brother...Michael Jackson died.

My heart started to beat more and more..and switch on tv and...Cant belive.It was about 25minuts before that CNN said that his death. After all my friends calling to see if I had heard.My wife was shocked also but we have to go to work at 07:00 so only 3h of sleep with many nightmare and wake up 5times and only one think: its true or onlya dream?
I cant belive all day.I was listening the radio and the people talk and talk and every 15minutes some songs of King and this makes me cry.I still cant belive!!! and maybe never!!! He is still ALIVE for me!

over.

Last edited:
A friend showed me an article saying that he'd went into cardiac arrest, I didn't believe it. I logged onto Twitter and everyone was talking about it, then the article that said he'd died appeared. I still refused to believe it and so sat glued to sky news until there was confirmation.

Absolutely heartbreaking :(

I woke up at about noon and came downstairs and my mother asked me if I had heard the news at all and I said no, as I had only just woken up and then she told me that Michael had died and I was just....... shocked beyond belief and tears started rolling down my face and I had to leave the room and read the news myself, but it didn't really sink in until a lot later when I was watching VH1 playing all these MJ videos and between the videos they showed this short collage clip with the words WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU at the end and then I simply broke down crying. it was awful.

I work overnights, so I generally sleep during the day, but I had last night off, as well as tonight, so I planned on taking a small nap yesterday morning. I tried, believe me I tried, but I kept having strange dreams. I finally gave up when I had a vision of MJ in my dream saying "help me" it scared the heck out of me, to the point I could no longer sleep. So I got up around 2pm (central time) and turned on the tv, and there it was... on every channel... All I could do was sit on my bed in absolute shock. Shortly thereafter, my cell phone started going off like mad, all my friends calling to see if I had heard.. I'm still getting calls today. And I'm still in shock and numb...

I was after the shower, I wanted to go to sleep and I saw here the topic with the ambulance! I turned on the TV and... Since then I can't sleep, I am crying all the time, I feel I wanna die! Now I am thinking...I was taking a shower when he was...OMG...

I got home yesterday at midnight (CET) from a nice evening and turn on the laptop. One of my friends sent me an e-mail about the news and would like to know whether I'm ok or not. I couldn't believe it, I thought she had to read some rumours again. I immediately came in here and the server was down so I knew something had to happen. There were no confirmation at that time. Later my friend from the US told me on MSN that it's official. I couldn't sleep only for about 2 hours, it was a horrible night. I don't know if this would be any better. :(

I found out in the early stages when it was just that he had been taken into hospital.

i was on the tube home,got a phone call sayig he was taken into hospital.Then a txt saying "sayin michael jackson dead" and at tht point my heart just stopped and i called and called to verify it.And well just still in shock and still crying in disbelief.

I had gone to sleep when my friend called me saying "Michael Jackson is dead.... I just... thought you should know." And I was confused, all sleepy and didn't understand a thing. I just thought it was another false rumour. Then as I got up my heart started pounding. I turned on my computer, searched on google and suddenly my heart just stopped. I was staring at bbc seeing it all live, just all shocked, and I called my best friend a few minutes later. It wasn't confirmed yet, but somehow I just knew that this time it was for real.
That was when I started crying and I have rarely been able to stop since.

05:00 pm (mittle europe time). on work.
i woke up. i went to work. i was doing my job. there was a radio. and i heard for a few times the name "jackson". but i could'nt understand what they are saying. i asked someone, sitting next to the radio what they are saying?.... they said. "michael jackson is dead". i got big eyes and only said "michael jackson is dead?"
then i went away.... totally shocked and unable to say something.

I was doing a practice paper for an exam when my dad rang me up, knowing I was a fan, and said "have you watched the news?" I said no, then he said "Michael Jackson is dead". I was in disbelief and thought it was another tabloid rumour because he had previously told me Michael had a "flesh-eating disease". But then I put the phone down, stopped doing the practice paper, and turned on the computer. I immediately came to the MJJC because here the tabloid trash is very quickly destroyed. I was freaking out when people were saying "RIP MJ" and "OMG how could this happen". I was still in disbelief. Then I turned on the tv and saw straight away "MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD - REPORTS OF A CARDIAC ARREST". All this, on a day I was going to go out to the movies with friends and just enjoy my holidays. But no, it turned into a nightmare.

My mum just shouted Michael Jackson's dead and I came down and put on the news and I said oh my god and on Friday after work we went for KFC and that's when I started crying when the radio was reporting about Michael Jackson it is just so upsetting will your legacy and music live on forever I am sure Michael is sitting on a cloud in heaven just watching down on us

I was asleep... then my mum and sister came in both crying - they didn't want to tell me. Mum just said
Michael Jackson's dead..i just burst into tears and they didn't stop all day or the next or today :(

I was awake when the news broke here on TV, it was around 6am or so, I can't remember the exact time. I immediately came here and, like everyone else who was also here at the time, had to endure hours of unconfirmed rumours, which I refused to believe. Then Jermaine confirmed the news and that was it. Michael was gone. :no:

A friend told me over MSN that Mike was in a critical state. I rushed to the TV to turn CNN on and at that time they still said he was supposedly in a coma. I still had hopes he'd make it through...

I was about to go to sleep when I saw my friend's comment on his facebook page "what the hell?!?!" and then i found out what was goin on :( so sudden and so unfair :cry:

I was on Kenny Ortegas Twitter site reading his update about how well the days audition had gone and feeling so excited about TII coming in 19 days when a txt came thru from my brother saying "MJ - RIP, how r u, you must be gutted?". Immediately I had another txt from my friend that just said "mate, the king is gone". my stomach sank as i turned on the tv news channels to see it all. I was looking after my 3 children aged 4, 2 and 1 by myself as my wife was asleep after nightshift. so the whole day I wanted to grieve but had to care for all the normal daily needs of my kids, my 4 year old had a big toilet accident about 3 minutes after i found out MJ was dead which I had to clean up while I was in this state of shock. She was very sweet about MJ saying her in cute 4 year old voice "oh michael jackson is dead! thats so sad daddy, why is he still singing on tv if he's dead?" For the past 3 nights as i put her to bed she asks me to sing to her YANA, Stranger in Moscow and Thriller. She is fascinated by clips of Thriller on the news but I won't let her watch the whole video at her age.

Thumper.

I was off the computer for half the day, then I logged onto MJJBoard and saw the thread "Michael Jackson in hospital with cardiac arrest." I was shocked, and followed that thread until I learned that Michael had passed away.

I came in just as it was happening. One of the most miserable roller coasters of my life.

I woke up two days ago at around 9:00 AM, the TV was on reporting from BBC News and the first headline I read is "Michael Jackson Dies". I just became numb with shock and disbelief and stayed like that throughout the day. Only yesterday did it sink in for me and the emotions and tears started to erupt. :(

I was on Twitter and seen Michael jackson in the trending topics and clicked him to see what everyone was talking about. Seen that he'd had a heart attack and then all these posts started saying he had died :( Then went and watched Sky news all night

I was here on MJJC, and printing out some MJ pictures. I took a break from printing to check the general MJ discussion forum, and there was a new thread saying something like 'there's an ambulance outside the house'. Shortly after people were posting links to tmz where the first report came that Michael had had a cardiac arrest. I turned on a bbc news 24 (a 24 hr a day news channel), and they were basically quoting the tmz article and saying they had no official confirmation, but they would keep working to get an independant confirmation. Then it all just went on from there. :no:

my mother woke me up on friday morning at 7 am,which is about 11 pm thursday in L.A. i think. i thought they were making stuff up,until i saw that they presented the story differently...i don't know,it was something about it that felt real,so i went online and saw that it was true indeed....i trully was in shock....when i went to bed he was fine,and now he's gone? :(

I had followed the entire thing on the internet and news since reading the thread about an ambulance going into his home :(

I was refreshing the TMZ page and it came up with the headline 'Michael Jackson dies'. It wasnt a complete shock to me as I had contemplated it happening the whole time I knew about him going to hospital.

Still, I didnt think it would happen.

I was asleep and it was early moring. My phone was in my bag and started bleeping to tell me my battery was low. I went to turn the phone off and saw a text from my friend timed 5:18am (GMT). I thought it was to do with her family. However when I read her text she said he had died of heart failure and how sorry she was. I got up immediately and went to the TV and saw the news. I could not believe it - still can't really.

My mom send me a sms at the morning because I am in Poland and she is in Turkey now and she wrote "Paulina, Jackson died how did it happen?" and first I also thought it is another stupid story and then I wanted to go to Michael's official website and I saw "this website is unavaliable now" My God, then I checked polish fanclub and there was a topic "Michael is dead". I was in shock, and I hated myself because I had to go to work, it was first day of my work, and I found this job only to earn money for the concert because I borrowed the money... I still don't know what am I earning the money for... I don't need them at all, they mean nothing to me right now;( then people started to sending me condolences because they new that I am his fan and it was getting worse and worse...then my 12 years old sister called me and she was crying so much and my brother who is 9 was also crying... God this is the saddest time in my life... my mind still doesn't accept it...Michael was always here, he was here when I was born ,he was here when I was 5 or 6 and I remember how much I loved the black or white video, he was there when I was about 8 and I was getting scared and touched everytime I was watching earth song, he was there when my mum told me that he's wearing the mask because his skin is so sensitive ( she didn't know the truth) and I just can't believe he's gone... it just cannot be!!!

i never forget that night and day... whole night we had terrible thunderstorm.. i wasn't able to go online.. i sat and read the bible.. felt asleep at early morning....

later.... they came and asked me: ''did you heard the news and what happened?''
i said: ''no. what? the air crash somewhere or something like that?''
''Jackson died''
i was shocked around minute.. then said: ''is not it something fake from tabloid?''
''no. it's all over news on tv. his family members, fans there''

and nightmare began :( i became numb...
i don't remember how i went to turn on pc to get online to check news.......
felt so shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooocked
still can't believe it :(

Last edited:
It was before me and my friend was about to got to bed. Then he checked something on his computer for me, and saw that MJ sufferede heart problem. We was in shock, and stayed up all night for updates. This was better than waking up the day after reading that MJ was dead (sorry for typing that...).

Yeah...

I was online checking this site out and another one, my mother came in and asked to check something online. As we switched positions, she went to aol.com and we saw the headline "Michael Jackson rushed to the hospital". I was like "what?" I was thinking 'Oh man, I hope he's ok." But I never thought he'd...Then I came here, my mother wanted to find out what was happening too, so then I saw the thread of him being taken away by an ambulance. My mother had CNN on...I went to E! online who was reporting what Joe said about him not knowing how bad Michael was..etc...etc...It was INSANE. I watched it all go down, and then when it was starting to be reported that he'd died, I remember seeing that here from TMZ and I remember rushing off the computer and asking if CNN had said anything about him dying? It was so confusing. CNN was still reporting MJ was rushed to the hospital, then I went upstairs and flipped to E! and they had 'Breaking News' and it was them saying 'Michael Jackson has Died', and then MSNBC said he was in a coma...I just didn't know WHAT to believe. I kept thinking he'll be ok...he'll be ok. I even prayed at one point, which is something I rarely do. Then I went down stairs, my mother told me to stay with her, and I started crying when the coma report was given on CNN, and my mother put her arms around me and said 'Come on Mike. Come on. He'll be ok." And then when I got up to go in the kitchen I came back a few moments later and it was being reported by CNN that he had passed away. I couldn't take it. My mother told me to stay and I cried. It hurt so badly. She said, "Well, at least now he's at peace." I just couldn't take it, then I was numb and sat in total disbelief as MTv started playing his music videos and 'paying tribute' and I was like, "WTF! NOW THEY PLAY HIS MUSIC!" It was heart breaking...it really didn't truly hit me until later that night and I just lost it. My mother again held me, and she told me it was just hitting me and...the pain still hasn't gone away and I know in my heart it never will. I cried like a night or two later over the phone with a good friend of mine whom I hadn't spoken with in a while and she and I both just sobbed. We're friends BECAUSE OF MICHAEL. I was crying and I said, "I already miss him SO much." And I will ALWAYS miss him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael's family and his three beautiful children, and to everyone else here.

We will never let him part, for he is ALWAYS in our hearts...

Back